Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 562 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mystic1 (resized).jpg
    fastasy1 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1512 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1558 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1528 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1547 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1548 (resized).jpg
    C82392AF-92D9-4691-A45D-65C23ADB3A02 (resized).jpeg
    20190504_163814 (resized).jpg
    20190504_160515 (resized).jpg
    6397D37B-51D3-4559-958A-5E9BE72239AF (resized).jpeg
    2B0670F1-C42F-41CC-BDDB-9CA845F2CA51 (resized).jpeg
    25980 (resized).jpeg
    20190503_222648 (resized).jpg
    01B2127D-DFB2-484E-A9FF-D0614DFA639F (resized).jpeg
    20190503_133952 (resized).jpg
    There are 562 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.
    #251 5 years ago

In for both

#252 5 years ago

Any word on posters?
    I was hoping Meegis could score me one.

Too busy with my own Alien Poker to play yours this year.
    I must camp out at it for a good half hour.

#253 5 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Sweet. Love the ash grey.
    I thought you said last year you wanted to stay away from black t shirts?

Well, after I came up with the design, I thought of going with a dark brown for the shirts. But since our goal is to actually sell more than one or two, I decided on a more popular color....

Later,
    EV

#254 5 years ago

Friday EM tournament (9am start) tickets go on sale April 1st. cost is $35 and that included lunch. www.vfwpinball.com

#255 5 years ago

9 am ughhh!!!!!

#256 5 years ago

i have to tell everyone 9am because you'll all come at 9.30. and i damn hope to get this going by 10am!
    you guys are slackers about getting out of bed!

#257 5 years ago

So of we have a Fri ticket already, what time do the doors open for that?

#258 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:So of we have a Fri ticket already, what time do the doors open for that?

I think 4 but the tournament gets over before that for most people and then you can free range early.

#259 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

i have to tell everyone 9am because you'll all come at 9.30. and i damn hope to get this going by 10am!
    you guys are slackers about getting out of bed!

I know what you mean there's always 2 of those guys....not me though. I'll just slam redbulls on the way I just hope my heart holds up and you dont have to bury me on the happy trail.

#260 5 years ago

Yea “losing” all three of your games gives you the best opportunity to play whatever you want. Highly recommended!

#261 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

So of we have a Fri ticket already, what time do the doors open for that?

4 PM for the show on Friday

#262 5 years ago

Hey thanks guys. I'll be driving in Fri so 4 works great.

#263 5 years ago

Where can I get the tournament tickets? Not seeing on the website.

#264 5 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Yea “losing” all three of your games gives you the best opportunity to play whatever you want. Highly recommended!

NOTE: receiving 3 strikes in the EM tourney does not allow you access to the main hall until 1pm. yes, this nets you 3 "extra" hours of playing time in the main hall, but wouldn't you rather play games in the tourney and hope to win one of the random door prizes and/or the trophies?
    clay and some of the the members have created some rather "interesting" and pretty cool trophies for this year

I'm thinking of making people who intentionally bow out of the tourney wear a "pinball loser" dunce cap and being followed around for the remainder of the day by a nun ringing a bell that repeatedly shouts out "SHAME!"

#265 5 years ago

I'm in it to win it

#266 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

NOTE: receiving 3 strikes in the EM tourney does not allow you access to the main hall until 1pm. yes, this nets you 3 "extra" hours of playing time in the main hall, but wouldn't you rather play games in the tourney and hope to win one of the random door prizes and/or the trophies?
    clay and some of the the members have created some rather "interesting" and pretty cool trophies for this year
    I'm thinking of making people who intentionally bow out of the tourney wear a "pinball loser" dunce cap and being followed around for the remainder of the day by a nun ringing a bell that repeatedly shouts out "SHAME!"

I'm not able to be at the tourney, but happy to be the dunce....

Let me know where to sign up

#267 5 years ago

What happens if you have a non planned early exit and have no friday ticket? I'm interested in the tourney since I've never done it before.

#268 5 years ago

You will have all afternoon to wish you had bought a Friday show ticket.

#269 5 years ago

The way it works is this...
    get a friday tourney ticket and a friday show ticket. then AFTER LUNCH, assuming you're 3-strikes-out, you can "free range" early as Puffy said. But to do this you need both a friday tourney and friday show armband. Only having one of those doesn't allow "free ranging". Remember to play in the friday tourney you do *not* need a friday show ticket, though you need it if you want to "free range" early.

Tickets for the friday tourney are nearly 1/2 sold out. They have been up for an hour! don't wait too long...

#270 5 years ago

Will the tournament be registered with the IFPA for WPPR points?

#271 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Will the tournament be registered with the IFPA for WPPR points?

no, I'm sorry but the tournament is not an IFPA affiliated event. it's enough for the 2 of us running the event to keep track and keep the event going without having to collect and submit the $1 per person entry fee and the scores

#272 5 years ago

I can understand that,either way when I win that trophy I'm going Mike Wiley/Christopher Franchi on that shit.

#273 5 years ago

In the tourney - Born to lose, Live to PIN

cfh

Quoted from cfh:The way it works is this...
    get a friday tourney ticket and a friday show ticket. then AFTER LUNCH, assuming you're 3-strikes-out, you can "free range" early as Puffy said. But to do this you need both a friday tourney and friday show armband. Only having one of those doesn't allow "free ranging". Remember to play in the friday tourney you do *not* need a friday show ticket, though you need it if you want to "free range" early.
    Tickets for the friday tourney are nearly 1/2 sold out. They have been up for an hour! don't wait too long...

Any chance us mooks WITHOUT Friday event tix, but playing in the tourney, can play free range until 4pm, maybe for price$$? . I have Saturday Tix already... Just trying to maximize my time between drives.

#274 5 years ago
    Quoted from SurlyOldPunk:

In the tourney - Born to lose, Live to PIN
    CFH

Any chance us mooks WITHOUT Friday event tix, but playing in the tourney, can play free range until 4pm, maybe for price$$? . I have Saturday Tix already... Just trying to maximize my time between drives.

your best best is to reach out to clay and see if he would be willing to sell you a friday ticket

#275 5 years ago

I have two custom made coffee tables for sale.
    I am about 20 minute drive from the show.
    Or I can bring them to the show.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/77486
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/71132

ben hur 009 (resized).JPGben hur 009 (resized).JPGbig indian 008 (resized).JPGbig indian 008 (resized).JPG
    #276 5 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I like the top one better for some reason. They both look nice. Great looking projects.

#277 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I like the top one better for some reason. They both look nice. Great looking projects.

I think because it has more colors. I also like the Ben Hur better, But they are both beautiful. GLWS

#278 5 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Those look cool. Maybe its just me, but the slightly misaligned right flipper on the lower one would drive me nutz!

#279 5 years ago

Hi all, I purchased a deposit on tickets for Friday, Satuyrday and Sunday, but it's now looking like I'm unable to attend Does anyone know if I can resell these?

Thanks.

#280 5 years ago
    Quoted from thewool:

Hi all, I purchased a deposit on tickets for Friday, Satuyrday and Sunday, but it's now looking like I'm unable to attend Does anyone know if I can resell these?
    Thanks.

You will likely start getting messages from people who want them.
    In the past, all you needed to do was to let the VFW crew ( *see Clay's post below) know who you are and who you sold your spot to.

#281 5 years ago
    Quoted from thewool:

Hi all, I purchased a deposit on tickets for Friday, Satuyrday and Sunday, but it's now looking like I'm unable to attend

PM sent...

#282 5 years ago

If ticket reservations change hands you need to email the address on the web page www.vfwpinball.com
    Eric isn't/can't help with ticket name changes. that's not his job. he has other stuff to do, but that's not one of them.
    If you show up with someone else's reservation, and you haven't made arrangements to get it changed to your name, you're not getting in.

#283 5 years ago

I have a Sunday ticket if someone needs one.

#284 5 years ago
    Quoted from paddlepaw:

PM SENT

#285 5 years ago
    Quoted from paddlepaw:

Ticket is taken.

#286 5 years ago

In need of 2 ( two) Friday tickets..Not the Friday em Tourney , Just regular Friday tickets.

Thank you

Brian

#287 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bribo13:

In need of 2 ( two) Friday tickets..Not the Friday em Tourney , Just regular Friday tickets.
    Thank you
    Brian

You mean to tell me the royalty of ortonville has to be cast among the scraps of the village locals?

#288 5 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

You mean to tell me the royalty of Ortonville has to be cast among the scraps of the village locals?

Lol .... I need a couple tickets for a friend ...he was to slow and got left out in the cold... Hope to see you there Josh, you are going aren't you ?

I will be there later on Saturday and all day Sunday...

#289 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bribo13:

Lol .... I need a couple tickets for a friend ...he was to slow and got left out in the cold... Hope to see you there Josh, you are going aren't you ?
    I will be there later on Saturday and all day Sunday...

I will be there for my annual Saturday. I'll be sure to find you somewhere

#290 5 years ago

I was unable to find a decent flight out Sunday so I have a Sunday show ticket and an extra Friday EM tournament ticket available for the first person who wants it.

#291 5 years ago

Doug and I groomed the happy trail over the weekend, removing the leaves and sticks. I know Puffy will thank us....

#292 5 years ago

Thank you

#293 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Doug and I groomed the happy trail over the weekend, removing the leaves and sticks. I know Puffy will thank us....

groomed...right up to the point where the zero turn got stuck in the mud. It took awhile to drag it out.

Doug

IMG_20190406_181256853 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_181256853 (resized).jpg
    #294 5 years ago

I just found out that I would be able to attend this show, but tickets are sold out? Does anyone know what the chances are of getting in for any of the days? Always have a great time at this event, it's close by and would love to get more involved! Cheers!

#295 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballogist:

I just found out that I would be able to attend this show, but tickets are sold out? Does anyone know what the chances are of getting in for any of the days? Always have a great time at this event, it's close by and would love to get more involved! Cheers!

I still have a Sunday show ticket and Friday EM ticket available.

#296 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballogist:

that's the double-edged sword that plagues every show. put tickets on sale early and it has the potential for selling out out too early. put them on sale too close to the show date(s) and you risk not selling all of your tickets

#297 5 years ago

I canned out for saturday and then found out the local storage auction is that day.....

Always a way to spend money.

#298 5 years ago

Just a reminder that there are only 3 days left for T-shirt pre-orders;

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vfw-aapm-showcase-2019-official-t-shirts-now-available-for-order#post-4928543

Pre-ordering gets you a reduced price of $18, and guarantee of your size and style held at the front desk for you.

Deadline is April 15th, just like your taxes....

Thanks,
    Eric V.

#299 5 years ago

21 days to go

21 (resized).jpg21 (resized).jpg
    #300 5 years ago

Now begins the yearly debate....

Do I swap off my winter wheels before making the drive out there or not.?

Hmm

There are 562 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2019/page/6?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.