Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 562 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mystic1 (resized).jpg
    fastasy1 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1512 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1558 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1528 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1547 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1548 (resized).jpg
    C82392AF-92D9-4691-A45D-65C23ADB3A02 (resized).jpeg
    20190504_163814 (resized).jpg
    20190504_160515 (resized).jpg
    6397D37B-51D3-4559-958A-5E9BE72239AF (resized).jpeg
    2B0670F1-C42F-41CC-BDDB-9CA845F2CA51 (resized).jpeg
    25980 (resized).jpeg
    20190503_222648 (resized).jpg
    01B2127D-DFB2-484E-A9FF-D0614DFA639F (resized).jpeg
    20190503_133952 (resized).jpg
    There are 562 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.
    #201 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

We look forward to whysnow's tips & suggestions on how the tournaments should be run.

Your obsession with Hilton knows no bounds.

#202 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Maybe a high score tournament on predator

I didn't know that chris hanson was making a guest appearance at the VFW this year

#203 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Maybe a high score tournament on predator

I did not see this last year. Is it hidden away?

#204 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I didn't know that chris hanson was making a guest appearance at the VFW this year

Wellll......

#205 5 years ago

If anyone has extra Saturday tickets I'll take em.

#206 5 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I really enjoyed the Saturday tournament last year. Game selection was great and so was the group. I think the only flaw with it was the winner would be put in the queue instead of the loser. If you lost then you had to play someone who won their match. It was pretty easy to get on a 8+ game winning streak that way if you found yourself in the “winner’s row.” I would make it to where a winner had to play a previous winner. That way you wouldn’t see huge streaks for either side. I vote for this again!

You will always have a winner playing a loser. Not sure how you could have winners playing winners without leaving the losers sitting in the queue forever??

#207 5 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

You will always have a winner playing a loser. Not sure how you could have winners playing winners without leaving the losers sitting in the queue forever??

There were four chairs for the winners. Winner 1 sits in the chair loser 1 waits. Next match result occurs, winner 2 comes back and gives their chip. They play the next winner in line. Just make a winner chair row and loser chair row. Winners plays winners, losers play losers.

#208 5 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Your obsession with Hilton knows no bounds.

I had no idea he's been banned from pinside.

#209 5 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

There were four chairs for the winners. Winner 1 sits in the chair loser 1 waits. Next match result occurs, winner 2 comes back and gives their chip. They play the next winner in line. Just make a winner chair row and loser chair row. Winners plays winners, losers play losers.

So in this scenario who goes to the back of the lines?

#210 5 years ago

Ticket sales are brisk. Saturday has been sold out for a while. And Friday and Sunday are going. If you want to go to the show, i would not wait to get a ticket reservation. Also remember, nothing goes on forever, all things have life cycles. Don't assume 'next time' for any thing...

#211 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Ticket sales are brisk. Saturday has been sold out for a while. And Friday and Sunday are going. If you want to go to the show, i would not wait to get a ticket reservation. Also remember, nothing goes on forever, all things have life cycles. Don't assume 'next time' for any thing...

That last bit sounds ominous. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

#212 5 years ago

It is what it is.

#213 5 years ago

Very ominous.....

#214 5 years ago

Just got my 2 tickets for the Friday Show - Ovechkin & GF will be there for 3rd year in a row. Hope to meet you in person this year Clay as well as other Pinsiders! Thanks again for putting this on!

#215 5 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

So in this scenario who goes to the back of the lines?

It’s just creating two separate rows. If there is nobody sitting then loser sits chair one of his row and winner sits chair 1 of his row. Next people that come back, match winner with winner and loser with loser. More games that way. I’m just happy to play longer so I’m cool with whatever if it gets me an extra few hours Saturday.

#216 5 years ago

55 days till the show

55 (resized).jpg55 (resized).jpg555 (resized).jpg555 (resized).jpg
    #217 5 years ago

This is my next show and I'm already salivating about a rematch with @Jjsmooth.
    ITS A ONE EYED BATTLE!

#218 5 years ago

I get the feeling u salivate thinking about a "one eyed" battle quite a bit.
    I think that's known as an Indiana Sword Fight.
    Touche!

#219 5 years ago

LOL
    Touche you bastard.

#220 5 years ago

WE GOT LASERS DICKHEAD

#221 5 years ago

The game of chess is like a swordfight

#222 5 years ago

There's only like 25 tickets reservations left for sunday. slightly more for friday. (saturday long sold out.) don't wait too long if you want to go...

#223 5 years ago

Jjsmooth Jerr bear you can clink softballs outta the park for sure but next time we play it won't be slow pitch bitch. LUV YA!

#224 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

There's only like 25 tickets reservations left for sunday. slightly more for friday. (saturday long sold out.) don't wait too long if you want to go...

Hi Clay,

Have plans for the Friday E.M. Tourney been solidified yet? Just wanna make sure I don't miss out on tickets for that.

See ya in May,
    Ryan

#225 5 years ago

Note this year is the last year the Ann Arbor vfw show will be in its current format.
    Next year the show will be just two days, saturday and sunday (and at higher ticket prices.)
    There will be no 'friday' show day.

The problem with friday during the day is all the club member work day jobs. and asking them to take a vacation day for this tomfoolery is getting old in their book. and the friday 4pm show thing is tough too because they have worked their day job, and then have to come work a pinball show. I guess this gets old, and frankly i can't blame them... Hence next year the 'friday' part of the show is just going away. Then we can concentrate our effort on saturday and sunday.

The friday EM tourney *might* still happen next year, but it would be at 4pm (instead of 9am.) Or there's a chance it may move to saturday night. Or it may just go away altogether.

#226 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Note this year is the last year the Ann Arbor vfw show will be in its current format.
    Next year the show will be just two days, saturday and sunday (and at higher ticket prices.)
    There will be no 'friday' show day.
    The problem with friday during the day is all the club member work day jobs. and asking them to take a vacation day for this tomfoolery is getting old in their book. and the friday 4pm show thing is tough too because they have worked their day job, and then have to come work a pinball show. I guess this gets old, and frankly i can't blame them... Hence next year the 'friday' part of the show is just going away. Then we can concentrate our effort on saturday and sunday.
    The friday EM tourney *might* still happen next year, but it would be at 4pm (instead of 9am.) Or there's a chance it may move to saturday night. Or it may just go away altogether.

O7V0pHB (resized).pngO7V0pHB (resized).png
    #227 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

(and at higher ticket prices.

Not sure how high you're thinking, but most likely still a great deal for the opportunity to play the whole day with such a huge selection of great games. And all working, due to the great folks helping out.
    And I'm a pretty cheap bastard.

#228 5 years ago

Friday going away is understandable. I’d much rather the show lose a day than burn out the minions and lose the whole shebang. Friday is a travel day and/or night for a lot of us anyway.

#229 5 years ago

Yea that's my feeling too Yancy.

#230 5 years ago

I will miss Friday. It was my favorite day with the EM tournament and less traffic than Saturday. That being said, I can understand why the VFW crew wouldn't want to burn a vacation day running a show. Not exactly most folks idea of a vacation. I'm glad to support the show in whatever iteration in continues in.

#231 5 years ago

maybe in 10-15 yrs, when all the minions are old and retired
    Fridays can come back, as all those old farts will be just looking for stuff
    to do with all their spare time

#232 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

maybe in 10-15 yrs, when all the minions are old and retired
    Fridays can come back, as all those old farts will be just looking for stuff
    to do with all their spare time

I'm sure old "Blood & Guts" Clay will want to be keeping the machines running year-round and hosting shows then.

#233 5 years ago

I thought that after the show this year, we were going to put clay into a cryo chamber and wait until 2112 to unfreeze him

#234 5 years ago

Technically friday and sunday are the 'same' in terms of number of people, as the ticket sales are identical for both days.

#235 5 years ago

I love Friday at VFW as well but will continue to badger, blackmail and threaten a certain pizza company to sponsor the EM tournament no matter what day it is held.

#236 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Friday going away is understandable. I’d much rather the show lose a day than burn out the minions and lose the whole shebang. Friday is a travel day and/or night for a lot of us anyway.

I like going on Friday but I agree with this, Friday is really only good for locals.

Haven’t been to the VFW in two years looking forward to going back.

#237 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

you are you calling a minion?

clay makes us wear orange shirts and no overalls!! and don't even get me started on the [expendable] staff parading around in their red shirts like no-name, one time appearance star trek crew members

#238 5 years ago

Sunday and Saturday are sold out. There's a few tickets left for Friday.

#239 5 years ago

Days to go until the 2019 Showcase

52525252 (resized).png52525252 (resized).png
    #240 5 years ago

There are about 10 tickets left for friday, then the entire show is sold out....

#241 5 years ago

Tornado warnings for the area.
    Did you get a WOZ???
    Or just Twister?

#242 5 years ago

All three days are sold out.
    Will post details/tickets about the tourney(s) soon...

#243 5 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Tornado warnings for the area.
    Did you get a WOZ???
    Or just Twister?

Just WhirlWind

#244 5 years ago

If someone ends up changing plans and can't make it on the weekend let me know. My nephew is interested in going but missed getting a ticket.

#245 5 years ago
    Quoted from Robotworkshop:

If someone ends up changing plans and can't make it on the weekend let me know. My nephew is interested in going but missed getting a ticket.

Is he willing to pay a premium for the spot he missed?

#246 5 years ago

I just found out about the show . Open to buying tickets Friday or Saturday if you cannot make it

#247 5 years ago

Keep in mind that if there are no-shows, A few tickets could become available at the door....

1 week later
    #249 5 years ago

Sweet. Love the ash grey.

I thought you said last year you wanted to stay away from black t shirts?

#250 5 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

I thought you said last year you wanted to stay away from black t shirts?

Black is slimming. We need that.

There are 562 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2019/page/5?hl=beyndtstng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.