Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 562 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mystic1 (resized).jpg
    fastasy1 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1512 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1558 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1528 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1547 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1548 (resized).jpg
    C82392AF-92D9-4691-A45D-65C23ADB3A02 (resized).jpeg
    20190504_163814 (resized).jpg
    20190504_160515 (resized).jpg
    6397D37B-51D3-4559-958A-5E9BE72239AF (resized).jpeg
    2B0670F1-C42F-41CC-BDDB-9CA845F2CA51 (resized).jpeg
    25980 (resized).jpeg
    20190503_222648 (resized).jpg
    01B2127D-DFB2-484E-A9FF-D0614DFA639F (resized).jpeg
    20190503_133952 (resized).jpg
    There are 562 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.
    #151 5 years ago

Sold out for saturday...
    We are also adding some pre-war 1930s pinballs to the mix too. They are all playable.

#152 5 years ago

Come on gryszzz, how you gunna drink with us??

#153 5 years ago

I heard that lonesome whistle blow....

#154 5 years ago

FUCKING FUCK

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

We are also adding some pre-war 1930s pinballs to the mix too. They are all playable.

I can't wait!

#156 5 years ago

Hello. Is it me yer lookin for?

#157 5 years ago
    44851534_1984594301625104_7355762261887025152_n (resized).jpg44851534_1984594301625104_7355762261887025152_n (resized).jpg
    #158 5 years ago

A magical ticket fairy visited me last night and left a ticket under my pillow FUCK YEAH!
    THANKS BUDDY!

#159 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

A magical ticket fairy visited me last night and left a ticket under my pillow FUCK YEAH!
    THANKS BUDDY!

Thanks to whomever did this for Gryszzz. I hate seeing him cry.

#160 5 years ago

See all you bastards at the sausage fest, assuming my kid doesn't get sent home from daycare sick like last time. Fair warning: I really like the baked beans at Chez Harrell.

#161 5 years ago

Just a heads up... There's a new cook this year at the VFW. the old cook has to go to some kid's graduation from UofM... new cook is younger and more energetic. but this is his first run, so i don't know how those beans will stack up... old cook's beans were pretty good. hoping new guy holds that bar.

#162 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Just a heads up... There's a new cook this year at the VFW. the old cook has to go to some kid's graduation from UofM... new cook is younger and more energetic. but this is his first run, so i don't know how those beans will stack up... old cook's beans were pretty good. hoping new guy holds that bar.

Just keep those burger patties coming. Going for another quad burger this year!

#163 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Clay,

Thank you for the kind comments and glowing appreciation for me handling the VFW show concessions for the past 6 shows.

BTW: The "kid" is my son, and it's called The University of Michigan. The degree is Bachelor of Science- Mechanical Engineering. Stephen (my son) also thanks you for the kind mention.

Now go get your shine box.

"The Old Cook"

#164 5 years ago

old cook's breakfast sandwiches last year were amazing, best i've ever had, anywhere. i don't think new cook will do them this year unfortunately.

#165 5 years ago
    Quoted from nsduprr:

Clay,
    and it's called The University of Michigan.....
    "The Old Cook"

looks like The Old Cook is standing on his SHINE BOX.

#166 5 years ago

what the hell is this shine box thing?

#168 5 years ago
    Quoted from ULEKstore:

We are proud to announce that we have teamed up with the VFW Ann Arbor Pinball Show in 2019 to bring you
    their official "Vintage Flipper World" ceramic mugs and pint glasses (as J.M. posted earlier in this thread).
    The ceramic mugs are available in two different sizes (11 ounces and 15 ounces).
    The ceramic mugs are microwave & dishwasher safe and they feature a full color VFW Pinball logo on both sides of the mug.
    The pint glasses feature a frosted laser etched VFW logo (on one side only) and holds 16 ounces of your favorite beverage.
    Prices:
    - 11 ounce ceramic mugs: $12.95 each
    - 16 ounce pint glass: $12.95 each
    - 15 ounce ceramic mugs: $16.95 each
    - Combo Pack features the 11oz ceramic mug and a 16oz pint glass, both for only $22.50!
    Also, if you plan on attending this year's Ann Arbor Mi VFW Pinball Show on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (May 3-5, 2019), you can use the coupon code: VFW2019 during checkout. This will give you the option of FREE Pickup during the show! (You must be attending the show and have show ticket)
    Below is a direct link to the Official Ann Arbor Mi VFW Pinball Show ceramic mugs and pint glasses on our website:
    https://www.ulekstore.com/2019_VFW_Ann_Arbor_Pinball_Show_Mugs_and_Glasses_p/vfw_2019.htm
    Also, please feel free to check out all of our other pinball mods; plastic protectors, flipper bat toppers, our Pinball LED trophies, arcade and pinball coin door price plates, etc. You can purchase any of these items as well, use the coupon code: VFW2019 during checkout receive FREE shipping/pick up from us at the show. Again, please keep in mind that if you use the provided coupon code, then you MUST have a show ticket in order to pick up your items from us at the show. Other wise, please choose the appropriate other shipping options; USPS Priority Mail, etc.
    Below is a direct link to all of our pinball mods that we have available on our website:
    https://www.ulekstore.com/category_s/1951.htm
    Thanks again and if you should happen to have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected] or PM us through Pinside.
    -David

Cool looking merch! Any chance of a 20 oz+ sized glass?

#169 5 years ago
    Quoted from thewool:

Cool looking merch! Any chance of a 20 oz+ sized glass?

Hey buddy you can keep that Imperial Pint shit in your redcoat!!!

Just kidding, the bigger the beer the better

#170 5 years ago

This is how Clay gets ride of VFW members (e.g. Billy Batts) he doesn't care for.

#171 5 years ago

Any news on the E.M. World Championships this year? I'd like to register for it, if it's happening. Played for the past several years and it's great fun.

#172 5 years ago

as far as I know, we *will* be holding an e.m. tournament on friday

plans for saturday evening are still up in the air (last year literally kicked my ass and I was beat after two 12+ hour days. I guess I'm not young anymore

#173 5 years ago

We are getting there Thursday night and will plan on the EM tournament assuming it happens. I’d be willing to help with anything Saturday night if need be too.

#174 5 years ago

everyone will be subject to bill's strict rules and more of my jackassery once again

we might try something different for saturday evening, if we decide to do something. if, and that's a big IF, we do decide to do something, it's going to be limited to 16-32 people and will run after the show closes @ 8pm

#175 5 years ago

Friday tourney is on, just haven't made the tickets available yet.
    as JM said we are working on a saturday thing. it's a maybe though right now.

#176 5 years ago

I am absolutely game for both. Both tournaments were a lot of fun last year and I was able to meet a lot of good dudes. Clay, should we just check this topic for the tournament update or should I refresh your website every two hours?

#177 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

as far as I know, we *will* be holding an e.m. tournament on friday
    plans for saturday evening are still up in the air (last year literally kicked my ass and I was beat after two 12+ hour days. I guess I'm not young anymore

Physically you looked great and you kept your humor solid till at least 10:30

#178 5 years ago

i will announce the tourney tickets here first with a fixed date they go on sale. i guess like papa does but i don't expect they will sell out in 5 minutes (or 5 days for that matter.)

#179 5 years ago

so I am hoping to get the first parking spot again this year. I will be doing some heavy "metal" tailgating again this year. Anybody that wants to pull up a chair and share some killer beers, come on by. Was thinking of having t-shirts available for sale. "Vintage Flipper World Craft Beer Parking lot Tailgate Showcase 2019 Bitches" done in the Supreme logo. Anyone interested? trying to fit enough words to wrap all the way around. out of staters are welcome. bring high octane and we will all share what we got. I typically bring nothing less than 11%er's so guaranteed a good time!!!

#180 5 years ago

And on the other spectrum you'll find me on the happy trail starting miniature forest fires one joint at a time.out of staters welcome and I'll bring enough for everyone.

#181 5 years ago

Okay twist my arm, are you guys going to be there Friday?

#182 5 years ago

Friday and Saturday for me

#183 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Friday and Saturday for me

Sweet dude, a pre EM tourney bourbon breakfast stout on me man! Oh yeah, also have you destroyed that damn craigslist toy pinball machine yet?

#184 5 years ago

I still have it and open to suggestions

#185 5 years ago

I was thinking destroy it or retheme it to butt pirates of the caribbean

#186 5 years ago

JM has this crazy idea of an upright EM tournament for saturday night. I would include games like Bally Skill Roll (there's 3 different models, of which we have them all), Ice Cold Beer, and Ringer/Penny pinch games (we have several of those too.) And roll down games. It's a bizarre idea and obviously we would keep the number low (probably 24 to 36 people.) Does anyone have any input on this?

#187 5 years ago

Id be down to play, but I have no idea how to play any of those games. Haha. Willing to learn though!

#188 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Id be down to play, but I have no idea how to play any of those games. Haha. Willing to learn though!

Same. I don't know how to play them, but I am super interested in participating.

#189 5 years ago

I'd rather play pinball but this isn't about me

#190 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'd rather play pinball but this isn't about me

+1

#191 5 years ago

+2
    64 person pinball tourny all the way.

#192 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

+2
    64 person pinball tourny all the way.

this is an additional tourney that we are considering. the EM world pinball tourney will still occur on friday before the show starts

#193 5 years ago

Hoping and praying for the show's sake, that the weather that weekend is perfect. No snow or rain. Maybe a light breeze with temps in the 70s. It was a bit chilly and mucky when i was able to attend 2 yrs ago. Not going this year, but going to try make plans for 2020. Truly a show not to be missed. Everyone must attend at least once in their lifetime even if you are from the west, south or east. If you are from midwest consider yourselves lucky ducks. Cheers Tom

#194 5 years ago

the 70s the first week in may in michigan? ha! there have been years where we've gotten snow
    I'd settle for high 50s to low 60s and a dry and mild weekend

#195 5 years ago

Temp won't matter to me. My buzz will keep me warm. as long as it's dry and not raining/snowing.

#196 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

this is an additional tourney that we are considering. the EM world pinball tourney will still occur on friday before the show starts

I really enjoyed the Saturday tournament last year. Game selection was great and so was the group. I think the only flaw with it was the winner would be put in the queue instead of the loser. If you lost then you had to play someone who won their match. It was pretty easy to get on a 8+ game winning streak that way if you found yourself in the “winner’s row.” I would make it to where a winner had to play a previous winner. That way you wouldn’t see huge streaks for either side. I vote for this again!

#197 5 years ago

Tournaments favor the strong, not the weak!

#198 5 years ago

We look forward to whysnow's tips & suggestions on how the tournaments should be run.

#199 5 years ago

Maybe a high score tournament on predator

#200 5 years ago

huh. a thought.

There are 562 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2019/page/4?hl=beyndtstng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.