Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 562 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mystic1 (resized).jpg
    fastasy1 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1512 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1558 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1528 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1547 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1548 (resized).jpg
    C82392AF-92D9-4691-A45D-65C23ADB3A02 (resized).jpeg
    20190504_163814 (resized).jpg
    20190504_160515 (resized).jpg
    6397D37B-51D3-4559-958A-5E9BE72239AF (resized).jpeg
    2B0670F1-C42F-41CC-BDDB-9CA845F2CA51 (resized).jpeg
    25980 (resized).jpeg
    20190503_222648 (resized).jpg
    01B2127D-DFB2-484E-A9FF-D0614DFA639F (resized).jpeg
    20190503_133952 (resized).jpg

There are 562 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

Is the Friday EM tourney back on?

I’m game for this if it’s early enough!

#102 5 years ago

yes friday tourney is on, 10am to ? (usually over by 3.30). i just haven't put up tickets for it yet.

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

yes friday tourney is on, 10am to ? (usually over by 3.30). i just haven't put up tickets for it yet.

Great, will you announce here or should we just check the site?

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

at over 400 games, it's in the top 5 of all shows worldwide for unique and working games.

I would put it in the top 3, if not #1.
    <key is unique and working games>
    Only thing I would like Clay to work on is maybe some more 2in flipper WMS pins from the 60s,
    but according to Clay not his cup of tea. Fair enough its his collection.

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I would put it in the top 3, if not #1.
    &lt;key is unique and working games&gt;
    Only thing I would like Clay to work on is maybe some more 2in flipper WMS pins from the 60s,
    but according to Clay not his cup of tea. Fair enough its his collection.

Maybe we'll get a Palooka someday for the collection.

#106 5 years ago

tom you ask for a lot! we got all the zipper flipper ballys (and then some) and you just want more more more.... ha!

#107 5 years ago

Hot dog I'm excited for this!

#108 5 years ago

Thinkin this might be the perfect time to bring up my I500 pf for Kruzman too...love it when a plan comes together.

1 week later
    #109 5 years ago

If you want to come on Saturday don't wait too long to get a ticket reservation. The numbers are getting low for saturday.

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

I don't know about the tourney this year. things are still getting sorted out. Adam, our sponsor from Dominos, who frankly makes the whole tournament actually work and happen, retired last year from Dominos. I don't know if Dominos will continue their sponsorship of the tourney without Adam. If they don't, the tournament will probably go away.

Quoted from cfh:

Bump for the E.M. Tourney. It's the only competitive pinball I participate in each year. Glad to hear it's back on. Thanks to Clay and the VFW volunteers for makin' this happen.

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

If you want to come on Saturday don't wait too long to get a ticket reservation. The numbers are getting low for saturday.

Have been holding out on ticket reservation for the Friday tournament. Is this still happening? If no I might want to come Saturday instead so now I am freaking out...

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Bump for the E.M. Tourney. It's the only competitive pinball I participate in each year. Glad to hear it's back on. Thanks to Clay and the VFW volunteers for makin' this happen.

Thanks to DOMINO'S PIZZA for being the sponsor again.

Dominos-Logo (resized).pngDominos-Logo (resized).png
    #113 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Checking for this as well!

#114 5 years ago

The tournament is on but I just have not posted tickets for it yet

#115 5 years ago

Clay,
    Have you ever considered adding a non-EM tourney in the future? Just curious. Thanks for putting on the best show in Pinball. Hands down. I’m locked in for Saturday!

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Clay,
    Have you ever considered adding a non-EM tourney in the future? !

The point of the EM tourney is all the games are located in the separate building, so the main hall isn't affected during it. That way the slav.... Er elves csn get everything ready.

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Clay,
    Have you ever considered adding a non-EM tourney in the future? Just curious.

A non-EM tourney would take way more time then alotted as well. Em's typically play much faster thus can get more games in quicker.

#118 5 years ago

Thanks fellas. Understood.

#119 5 years ago

Also a modern tourney would attract guys who bitch about every little thing.

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Also a modern tourney would attract guys who bitch about every little thing.

Those games are set up easy as well, it would literally take all night. And I'm sure as shit not opening up 100+ games and changing the settings.

#121 5 years ago

Super pumped that the EM only tournament is happening! What is the format usually?

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Super pumped that the EM only tournament is happening! What is the format usually?

One year it was IFPA 4 strikes 2 player games. The next was non-ifpa 4 strikes 2 player games. No idea for this year yet.

#123 5 years ago

Oh wow. 2 player strikes. That would be interesting! Can’t wait.

#124 5 years ago

I think it has been 3 strikes with 2 player groups but each group plays best 2 out of 3 on the chosen EM.

Player names are picked out of a hat and then the players select the game out of a different hat.

#125 5 years ago

Ah yes, best of 3 per round, forgot about that.

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Ah yes, best of 3 per round, forgot about that.

So if you lost the best of three you’d get one strike?

#127 5 years ago

Yes

1 week later
    #128 5 years ago

I just got a new job. Hoping make it this year. Probably sunday as the new job is 48hr weeks.

#129 5 years ago

I'd really like to attend...playing in that EM tourney sounds like a blast. But until Clay and crew can figure out a way to do it some other weekend than Allentown, I cannot make it.

I do want to give Clay a shout-out for attempting to find another weekend this year - I think he said something about that earlier...I appreciate it. I've given him a hard time in the past over this, and I'm happy he's thinking of us who are locked into Pinfest for various reasons...

Enjoy Fellas!

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from Stoomer:

I'd really like to attend...playing in that EM tourney sounds like a blast. But until Clay and crew can figure out a way to do it some other weekend than Allentown, I cannot make it.
    I do want to give Clay a shout-out for attempting to find another weekend this year - I think he said something about that earlier...I appreciate it. I've given him a hard time in the past over this, and I'm happy he's thinking of us who are locked into Pinfest for various reasons...
    Enjoy Fellas!

Remember, the first two years were not during the Allentown show.

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Remember, the first two years were not during the Allentown show.

I remember, I did both one year... that was a lot of miles... don’t have the SBM I bought parts for at Allentown and no longer have the VirtualPin I bought parts for at VFW. I’ve chosen VFW every year since. Closer, cheaper, more games, more fun!

#132 5 years ago

Any way to get on the list for a poster?
    Even if I can't make it I can get it picked up.
    Gotta see the new work schedule 1st.

#133 5 years ago

we will have a new vendor this year at the may show (ulekstore.com) and they make some really nice stuff. david will probably chime in here soon for those that want to pre-order any of the many custom items that they can craft

and speaking of custom items, in a partnership that we've worked out, coffee mugs and pint glasses with the VFW logo will be available for pre-order through ulekstore.com to be picked up at the show this year. here's a sneak peek of the items:
    3 mugs (2) (resized).jpeg3 mugs (2) (resized).jpeg

the coffee mugs (11 and 15oz) are full color and sublimation printed on both sides (and come packaged in gift boxes) and the pint glass (16oz) is laser etched on one side. all items are dishwasher safe

based on the demand level, we may produce some extras to have at the show for impulse purchases

#134 5 years ago

Nice!! It would be cool if they could do limited runs for the shows as well. Since collectors in general usually are somewhere on the OCD spectrum, I can see where a lot of people would want to start a set.

#135 5 years ago

We are proud to announce that we have teamed up with the VFW Ann Arbor Pinball Show in 2019 to bring you
    their official "Vintage Flipper World" ceramic mugs and pint glasses (as J.M. posted earlier in this thread).

The ceramic mugs are available in two different sizes (11 ounces and 15 ounces).
    The ceramic mugs are microwave & dishwasher safe and they feature a full color VFW Pinball logo on both sides of the mug.
    The pint glasses feature a frosted laser etched VFW logo (on one side only) and holds 16 ounces of your favorite beverage.

Prices:
    - 11 ounce ceramic mugs: $12.95 each
    - 16 ounce pint glass: $12.95 each
    - 15 ounce ceramic mugs: $16.95 each
    - Combo Pack features the 11oz ceramic mug and a 16oz pint glass, both for only $22.50!

Also, if you plan on attending this year's Ann Arbor Mi VFW Pinball Show on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (May 3-5, 2019), you can use the coupon code: VFW2019 during checkout. This will give you the option of FREE Pickup during the show! (You must be attending the show and have show ticket)

Below is a direct link to the Official Ann Arbor Mi VFW Pinball Show ceramic mugs and pint glasses on our website:
    https://www.ulekstore.com/2019_VFW_Ann_Arbor_Pinball_Show_Mugs_and_Glasses_p/vfw_2019.htm

Also, please feel free to check out all of our other pinball mods; plastic protectors, flipper bat toppers, our Pinball LED trophies, arcade and pinball coin door price plates, etc. You can purchase any of these items as well, use the coupon code: VFW2019 during checkout receive FREE shipping/pick up from us at the show. Again, please keep in mind that if you use the provided coupon code, then you MUST have a show ticket in order to pick up your items from us at the show. Other wise, please choose the appropriate other shipping options; USPS Priority Mail, etc.

Below is a direct link to all of our pinball mods that we have available on our website:
    https://www.ulekstore.com/category_s/1951.htm

Thanks again and if you should happen to have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected] or PM us through Pinside.

-David

#136 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Nice!! It would be cool if they could do limited runs for the shows as well. Since collectors in general usually are somewhere on the OCD spectrum, I can see where a lot of people would want to start a set.

I like the fact that they are not dated. If the logo changes in a year or three, then maybe new ones can be made, Or offer color mugs.

#137 5 years ago

Looking forward to the show again, especially wedgehead row. Really spoiled to have this so close!

#138 5 years ago

BLARG Just comin for the Clutch show.

#139 5 years ago

SO BEE-BOP A LOO-BOP A WOP SHAM-BOO AND DOMO ARIGATO IF I GOT TO

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Here's some examples of names i don't recognize, but that bought a reservation.... (actually paypal names, with slight edits)
    Skullfukked by Ghouls
    Unique clothing home
    rhythm society swing band
    this seems to be more the way things are going this year. i'm pretty sure the 'skullfukked' guy is not a pinside regular...
    the crowd may be a bit more diverse this year.

Jeeze....you guys are sensitive. Who hasn't had the pleasure of letting the word SKULLFUKKED roll of your tongue.

Yeah I'm a member here and SKULLFUKKED BY GHOULS is the Horror Art magazine I make (and my paypal address). check it out here:
    https://skullfukkedbyghouls.bigcartel.com/

Anyway, newer to the forum here, also my first year at the VFW show, and hey cfh see you on Monday when you fix my Barracora

#141 5 years ago

Ha, if there's one thing we're not it's overly sensitive

#142 5 years ago

Only thing sensitive is my eye socket while getting skullfucked by ghouls

#143 5 years ago

Awesome, Puffy! Made me guffaw at work!

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Only thing sensitive is my eye socket while getting skullfucked by ghouls

It’s OK, POOF- I’ll bring a bucket of Novus 4 lotion with me and go easy on you for your first time....

#145 5 years ago

Cute,you think this is my first time.....

#146 5 years ago

I'm sure me and my pinball dungeon makes Clay more nervous than you will

#147 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'm sure me and my pinball dungeon makes Clay more nervous than you will

Yeah.....I'll bet

I3mrwo9 (resized).jpgI3mrwo9 (resized).jpg
    #148 5 years ago

I keep my gimp locked up until the chloroform kicks in

#149 5 years ago

Last i checked there were 6 ticket reservations left for saturday...

#150 5 years ago

Well, I fucked up. Again. Had no idea this would sell out in freakin Feb. I have a Fri ticket but need a Sat.
    Somebody gotta have an extra they're holdin for dummies like me?! Aaaaggghhhhh.

There are 562 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2019/page/3?hl=skipnatty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.