Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 562 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mystic1 (resized).jpg
    fastasy1 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1512 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1558 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1528 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1547 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1548 (resized).jpg
    C82392AF-92D9-4691-A45D-65C23ADB3A02 (resized).jpeg
    20190504_163814 (resized).jpg
    20190504_160515 (resized).jpg
    6397D37B-51D3-4559-958A-5E9BE72239AF (resized).jpeg
    2B0670F1-C42F-41CC-BDDB-9CA845F2CA51 (resized).jpeg
    25980 (resized).jpeg
    20190503_222648 (resized).jpg
    01B2127D-DFB2-484E-A9FF-D0614DFA639F (resized).jpeg
    20190503_133952 (resized).jpg
    There are 562 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.
    #451 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Have not had any 3floyds. will have to look them up to see what is good.

We get Three Floyds here regularly. Zombie Dust can be had infrequently, last time my beer store got like 10 cases which was more than I'd ever seen before. I can bring you some if you want.

Quoted from MrBally:

JJP Willy Wonka has arrived.

Oh. My. God.

I did not expect to see this there at all, what an absolutely delightful surprise! <3

See all y'all there!

#452 4 years ago

It reminds me of the food department guy for some reason.

#453 4 years ago

We get Three Floyds here regularly. Zombie Dust can be had infrequently, last time my beer store got like 10 cases which was more than I'd ever seen before. I can bring you some if you want.

that would be cool. I will have some good stuff you can't get down below.

#454 4 years ago

and why is the runner up trophy cooler than the winners?

#455 4 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Abra is spoken for. Still have a bit of room left i can fit aquarius if anyone wants it

do you have any flipper less or pre war games for sale ?

Thanks
    Lenker

#456 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

and why is the runner up trophy cooler than the winners?

We got to select them. I dunno I think mines pretty cool. Certainly gonna look good sittin top shelf at my bar

#457 4 years ago

Just went through the beer seller to figure out what to bring. I think I narrowed it down to a good selection. Stop by and say hi.

01B2127D-DFB2-484E-A9FF-D0614DFA639F (resized).jpeg01B2127D-DFB2-484E-A9FF-D0614DFA639F (resized).jpeg
    #458 4 years ago

Looking forward to cracking open a couple of these that have been aging for up to 3 years

#459 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bribo13:

do you have any flipper less or pre war games for sale ?
    Thanks
    Lenker

I have a 1947 exhibit coed flipperless, but it is spoken for

#460 4 years ago

Any chance an Oktoberfest is there?

#461 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Any chance an Oktoberfest is there?

No. Sorry.

#462 4 years ago

Dang, that's a fail!

#463 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Dang, that's a fail!

Worst Game ever made, what a total turd, ( Oktoberfest )
    You are not missing anything .

Lenker

#464 4 years ago

Wow, I thought the biggest klunker was Whoa Nellie and all its renditions.
    Nice art, not enough substance.

#465 4 years ago

Mini Bike storage among vendor and visitor games.....

20190503_222648 (resized).jpg20190503_222648 (resized).jpg
    #466 4 years ago

Wasnt able to be there this year so had to sell my tickets.

Enjoy the show guys and keep the photos coming!

#467 4 years ago

Guy flaked on me for my chicago coin mini baseball. Its in my car if anyone wants it

#468 4 years ago

Chris Franchi will be at the bar today at 2 o’clock signing stuff if anybody needs at service.

#469 4 years ago

On the em tourney trophies we had a whole line of about a half dozen of different ones. First and second place got to pick which trophy they wanted. Then We just welded the plaque on, right there and then

#470 4 years ago

I have two tickets for today (Saturday) as we cannot attend. First to message me can have them.

#471 4 years ago

I have a first run NIB Emerald City WOZ butter cabinet with me if anybody wants it.
    Full cabinet and head, topper, coin door, shooter assembly, cabinet wiring harness.

Come find me (Terry Dezwarte) or Kevin Dubroski.

Asking $2000 or best offer.

25980 (resized).jpeg25980 (resized).jpeg
    #472 4 years ago

Great show....did the Friday one again 3rd year in a row....Will miss it but understand the move to Sat/Sun. I never get over what a great collection is there, love virtually all the games have color dmds and nice there is little to no wait on the major titles...even the new/proto types. Staff super friendly and burgers and pulled pork A+!

#473 4 years ago
    Quoted from GrueLurks:

I have two tickets for today (Saturday) as we cannot attend. First to message me can have them.

we734 msged me for my tickets, they are gone.

#474 4 years ago

Nice surprise to see swords of rage and wonka!!

2B0670F1-C42F-41CC-BDDB-9CA845F2CA51 (resized).jpeg2B0670F1-C42F-41CC-BDDB-9CA845F2CA51 (resized).jpeg6397D37B-51D3-4559-958A-5E9BE72239AF (resized).jpeg6397D37B-51D3-4559-958A-5E9BE72239AF (resized).jpeg
    #475 4 years ago

I'm so bummed I had to miss it this year, but when UM and MSU's graduations are on the same weekend I have little choice. My first missed event. Two years and no VFW is going to be HARD...

#476 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bribo13:

Worst Game ever made, what a total turd, ( Oktoberfest )
    You are not missing anything .
    Lenker

Better than bowl-o....

#477 4 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Better than bowl-o....

Bowl-O is a greta game....

#478 4 years ago

Taking a break on the trails..... That's a Heathkit Boonie Bike. Predecessor to the Hilltopper. Remember, Heathkit's headquarters and factory was on Hilltop Road in Benton Harbor, Michigan.

20190504_160515 (resized).jpg20190504_160515 (resized).jpg
    #479 4 years ago

Kudos to the reorganization of machines this year. Splitting up the Bally Williams dmd’s alleviated a lot of traffic in the middle from last year. Also, the rows of 80s Williams machines is the bomb. I spent so much time there. Thanks again to everyone who makes this possible, had a great time! And that pulled pork is delicious!

#480 4 years ago

My dogs are barkin

#481 4 years ago

There in Spirit!!!

#482 4 years ago

Had a fantastic second day! Had to pack up our games so we weren’t in the way tomorrow. Can’t stay until 4 pm tomorrow.

Hoping to pop back in before heading back tomorrow, but wanted to thank all the awesome volunteers and techs for the hard work this weekend. The show was amazing.

Big shout out to Clay too for hooking me up with a new data east shooter plunger. Mine snapped and WWF would’ve been down the rest of the weekend without his help. So grateful.

This show was absolutely as advertised and I hope to make it back in the future!

#483 4 years ago

chuckwurt . That was one of the nicest WWF games I have ever seen. Look like it was brand new.

#484 4 years ago
    Quoted from suave84:

chuckwurt . That was one of the nicest WWF games I have ever seen. Look like it was brand new.

Thanks! When I bought that I immediately wanted others to see it. From what I understand, it started in a dentist’s home basement, went to a buddy of mine for 5 years or so, then on to me. The other examples of these I’ve played were beat to hell. So glad I got a nice one.

#485 4 years ago

chuckwurt thank you so much for bringing out that AC/DC too, it was perfect! Loved it!

cfh thanks again for opening your doors and to the army of volunteers. Quite great full to have attended for a 4th year. 48 more games played in the books.

#486 4 years ago

Great to see new titles like Beatles and Iron Maiden. Thanks Clay! Great show! New rotation was good too. What an amazing collection of games!! Never waited more than 5 mins for any game. Except wonka. Lol.

#487 4 years ago

Most laid back show in the world, nothing but pinball awesomeness.

#488 4 years ago

May The Fourth Be With You

20190504_163814 (resized).jpg20190504_163814 (resized).jpg
    #489 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pwaka1986:

Thanks again to everyone who makes this possible, had a great time! And that pulled pork is delicious!

The baked beans were delicious too!

#490 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks! When I bought that I immediately wanted others to see it. From what I understand, it started in a dentist’s home basement, went to a buddy of mine for 5 years or so, then on to me. The other examples of these I’ve played were beat to hell. So glad I got a nice one.

Eric,

Your Rumble was a surprise hit for me. Absolutely pristine and played great. Really a fun pin.

AC/DC: Never saw a second that someone wasn't playing it. Held it's own next to the BK's. Wonder how many games were on it after the show ended.

Thanks for bringing so everyone can enjoy - didn't go noticed.

#491 4 years ago

Awesome show, as usual. We enjoyed ourselves even more this year. The organization of machines was better. Within just a few minutes of walking around, you get a feel for where everything is.

Where else can you pay one entry fee, then play hours and hours of free play games in a VIP-like, limited admission environment? Never crowded, never more than one person deep on any pin, except maybe the newest pins like Wonka. We played for 5 hours, and still ran out of time and didn't get to try everything we wanted to. Games we did play, like Alien, Wonka, Black Knight 3, Big Bang Bar, lots of System 11s, many older EMs, tons of Williams, Bally and even some rare Alvin G. games. Most pins are in very nice condition, especially for being open to the public on occasion. Just an incredible collection.

Thank you, Clay and everyone else who made this happen again. Can't wait for next year!

#492 4 years ago

Fresh popcorn too this year

#493 4 years ago

Anyone need to sell a ticket for Sunday? Thought I was going to have to fly out early Sunday but its not until the evening now so I'd like to run back out to the show.

#494 4 years ago

‪I took pictures of all the games I played on Friday. What an amazing collection and show.

‪Part 1 https://imgur.com/gallery/PrXNBCp

‪Part 2 https://imgur.com/gallery/OFIiYRt

I took a complete walkthrough video that I will post Monday night when I get home.

*update:

Part 3: https://imgur.com/gallery/hGOhAkz

#495 4 years ago
    Quoted from stormyt:

Anyone need to sell a ticket for Sunday? Thought I was going to have to fly out early Sunday but its not until the evening now so I'd like to run back out to the show.

I have a ticket. Email me [email protected] and I will attach clay to the email for the reservation.

#496 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Taking a break on the trails..... That's a Heathkit Boonie Bike. Predecessor to the Hilltopper. Remember, Heathkit's headquarters and factory was on Hilltop Road in Benton Harbor, Michigan.
    [quoted image]

Almost. Hilltop is on the Saint Joseph side of the river. Lived in the apartments next to that builiding for a while. That building is HUGE.
    More on topic, show was awesome on Saturday. Thanks to all the hard workin' VFW show staff and crew. Great job keeping things fun!

#497 4 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Almost. Hilltop is on the Saint Joseph side of the river. Lived in the apartments next to that builiding for a while. That building is HUGE.
    !

Funny you mentioned that, I was going to say St. Joseph as I remember seeing that on the signage on the road off of I-94 (Red Arrow Highway?) when my dad & I would stop at the factory store (with the closeout area) on our return trips home from Chicago.
    Also, the catalogs, order forms and supplied envelopes all said "The Heath Company, Benton Harbor, Michigan".

#498 4 years ago

So some fun facts/stats from my wife and mine’s two days at the show:

We both were knocked out of round 5 of the EM tournament and played about 10-11 games of pinball each.

Then for the rest of Friday we battled it out over 44 games. Winner got a point.

At the end of the night (seriously the last game finished as they called LAST BALL!!), we ended the day tied at 22-22.

Sprinkle in about 10 other games with friends and we played over 60 games of pinball on Friday.

I’d say of those games, less than 5 were on a dmd or newer game.

Saturday we played another round of head to head and finished at 25-10 with me taking the win.

Of all the games we played (approximately 100 games), we probably played 80-85, I’ve never played before.

My favorite games BY FAR were the 50-60s games with the back box animations (buckaroo, jungle, mermaid, and flipper cowboy to name a few).

ACDC got played a ton. It had just over 450 plays before the weekend.
    C82392AF-92D9-4691-A45D-65C23ADB3A02 (resized).jpegC82392AF-92D9-4691-A45D-65C23ADB3A02 (resized).jpeg

Also, I specifically remember meeting Asylum , @bax1, and amkoepfer . Nice to meet you guys and hope to hang again at the next one!

#499 4 years ago

GOOD TIMES!
    THANK YOU GUYS!

#500 4 years ago

Great time today..(sunday) my 2ND time attending.. crowd seemed light..fine with me..no waiting! The Zaccaria games are fantastic, really nice selection..I hope to add one to my collection soon. Also my first experience with a bidet....so that was interesting. Any chance for a parts drop off service next year..? Had a guy from Pennsylvania bring a specific part I really need..he tried to leave at desk for me and they said no..he came Friday and me Sunday..so he took the part back with him I'd pay a handling fee if that's a possibility next year for people.. thanks again clay and all staff..superior job!

IMAG1528 (resized).jpgIMAG1528 (resized).jpgIMAG1558 (resized).jpgIMAG1558 (resized).jpgIMAG1548 (resized).jpgIMAG1548 (resized).jpgIMAG1547 (resized).jpgIMAG1547 (resized).jpgIMAG1512 (resized).jpgIMAG1512 (resized).jpg
    There are 562 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2019/page/10?hl=rocketfromtombs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.