Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 944 posts
  • 121 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Beyndtstng
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

82e470e35f6ea3efde948faf01d76963a7f38b13.png (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180508-184445 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180508-184541 (resized).png
    365 (resized).jpg
    buckeyes-leaves (resized).jpg
    A29996CB-7219-47D5-A896-4369DA3380A6 (resized).jpeg
    20180505_173320 (resized).jpg
    20180505_125903 (resized).jpg
    7A881700-844F-4851-AAF4-EE043D2463D6 (resized).jpeg
    5566DFEA-D6A6-4B69-83DF-B7D48CDB51DB (resized).jpeg
    97F46012-DD8C-4340-AD4C-B32A0755B08A (resized).jpeg
    33B66D2B-B075-4DE4-9B9D-74461872F5A1 (resized).jpeg
    A93331B3-62A9-47E9-875C-040A4BF4BD98 (resized).jpeg
    20180504_194122 (resized).jpg
    yacs (resized).PNG
    20180504_153227 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

can I come?

2 weeks later
    #16 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Please review:

I take it that means i am welcome. Sweet! See you guys there!

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well we've talked aboot it and there might be some things there you don't want to see. Really it's up to whether mentally you can handle it I think.

I hope that means i get to play predator???

2 months later
    #198 6 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

How many tickets do you allocate for each day? The big sell for me is the lack of lines. I went to TPF last year but I was standing in line to even play a Harlem Globetrotters which is why I didn’t attend this year.

There are always lines for all the good games at VFW. If you like older stuff and EMs then you pretty much have free range. If you really want to have less lines, then I suggest going on Friday and play in the EM tourney. Purposefully get knocked out early and then you get to go into the main collection and play with pretty much zero lines.

Friday Afternoon and all day Saturday are a zoo with butt to butt play as you walk through the aisles. Great collection and beautifully maintained, but the A and B list stuff will have lines to play for the majority of the show.

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

or just get there when the show opens on a given day
    typically, there are about 30-50 people waiting when we open the doors, but given that there are now 400 machines to play, you would probably only have to wait behind one person to play a game
    as the day progresses, the popular [and well known] titles tend to draw more people but I still don't remember people having to wait more than 3 games to play something

yeah, great advice. I found if you get there at doors open and head straight for the A listers then you get lots of play in. After the crowd arrives, head for the lessor titles and avoid the longer lines.

#240 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Can we please stop with the BS "There are always lines for all the good games at VFW" talk? It has already been debunked. While the VFW may suck at communication, they have made it clear that there are no issues with butt-to-butt play as there will always be a machine available to play. As D. Gottlieb & Co. used gauged production; the VFW Showcase gauges visitor levels and limits ticket sales so you don't have the lines and zero pins to play without a wait.

I have been two years now. Both times were butt to butt and packed for all the A listers, esp thta back little room with games like SC TZ Etc... you are either blind or not paying attention if you think otherwise. VFW is a great playing collection but outside of the early times on friday and sat at open, attendees should expect a line to play the popular games.

#245 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

last year had lines 3-5 people deep and I attended Saturday all day.

That is like every other show... 3-5 people all waiting to play the A listers and in tight aisles that mean nuts to butts when walking through. I mean... the frottering is a bonus and all, but those are lines and what people should expect.

VFW has limited ticket sales (what is it 1.5 people per game?) which means the good games always have lines at normal times and many ems and older stuff are completely open. Density is good, esp on Friday early.

#248 6 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

We get it whysnow you don't like clay or the vfw so please take your negativity elsewhere some of us really enjoy it and are glad clay even goes through the trouble of opening the doors to the vfw and sharing his collection so once again thx clay

That is not true at all. I love the VFW and have always said nice things about it. Everyone should check it out at least once!

Clay has his issues but he puts on one hell of a show and maintains an amazing collection. there is nothing wrong with being honest about 400 games with 500+ people means the A listers will have lines and the aisles are tight, while older games often have no line at all.

#315 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

1998 Sega Godzilla pinball

1987 Bally Dungeons & Dragons pinball

I have these but only for trade...

#317 6 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

To bad your are banned from the State of Michigan. Maybe someone can trade you a car full of hoodies in the state just south.

you MI guys are cute...

#366 6 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

I will be trading Hilton Hoddies in the parking lot for beers. Just ask, I will be parking your cars.

hope you are stocking lots of 4XLs

3 weeks later
    #634 5 years ago

looking forward to another great time in MI!

#647 5 years ago
    Quoted from aalucero:

Looking forward to playing some predator? LOL

hell yes! Only reason I am going this year! Excited to play some Predator!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2018?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.