Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 944 posts
  • 121 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Beyndtstng
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

82e470e35f6ea3efde948faf01d76963a7f38b13.png (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180508-184445 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180508-184541 (resized).png
    365 (resized).jpg
    buckeyes-leaves (resized).jpg
    A29996CB-7219-47D5-A896-4369DA3380A6 (resized).jpeg
    20180505_173320 (resized).jpg
    20180505_125903 (resized).jpg
    7A881700-844F-4851-AAF4-EE043D2463D6 (resized).jpeg
    5566DFEA-D6A6-4B69-83DF-B7D48CDB51DB (resized).jpeg
    97F46012-DD8C-4340-AD4C-B32A0755B08A (resized).jpeg
    33B66D2B-B075-4DE4-9B9D-74461872F5A1 (resized).jpeg
    A93331B3-62A9-47E9-875C-040A4BF4BD98 (resized).jpeg
    20180504_194122 (resized).jpg
    yacs (resized).PNG
    20180504_153227 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bax1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#203 6 years ago

checking to see if there are any out of state folks that are high octane beer drinkers. I will be in the parking lot from time to time and if you bring some of your states high octane stuff, we can meet up and do a little beer tasting. I will have some killer limited release hard to find Michigan beers with me.

#205 6 years ago

you better be joining me!!!! Find some good stuff down there and bring it with you.

#209 6 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

This is a great idea! Heck maybe even throw some barrel proof whisky sampling into the equation, although you do still need to be able to stand after, and no ralphing on the games (maybe newer Sterns is okay)

only thing I will be bringing with me are bourbon barrel aged beers that are anywhere from 12-15%. These are some arse kickers!!!!

Amkoepfer-not sure what Ohio has for some good beers. Will have to do some checking.

#218 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

No love for the red shirts????

you can come and drink beers with me in the parking lot

#227 6 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

I can bring a twelver of DKML that keeps getting pushed aside in my cellar, at 14% one can be horrible at pinball in no time and thus get in more games.

I just finished up my last dkml I think. That stuff is true to the name. For those that don't know it is dick kicker malt liquor. feeeewww that stuff is potent. I will probably have 17 and 18 kbs as well. probably just a few bottles.

#231 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I've got a ton of dragonmilk reserve 4-pk's that I will probably never drink and would like to unload
    I can bring the following with me if people are interested in purchasing them:
    dragonmilk reserve (I have one 4-pk of each) - $25 per 4-pk
    - salted caramel
    - raspberry lemon
    - mocha mint
    - coffee & chocolate
    DKML - $30 for the 4-pk
    KBS (2017) - $40 for the 4-pk
    bell's black note 2017 - $15 per bottle (I have 3)

For those that don't know. The dragons milk flavors are made once and then done. DKML was a one time run. KBS for 2017 was nice and boozy with some good coffee notes. black note is just tasty. Some good prices on these too. The KBS was what we had to pay for it. for some reason 17 was hard to find out by us and stores where selling them 10 bucks a bottle and would only let you get 2.

#232 6 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

Look for my crappy white Jeep. I'm bringing some Boss Tweed if I don't kill it all by then, what an awesome beer.

Boss Tweed is some tasty stuff. A bar by me had a throw down between old nation and oddside. Old Nation brought strawberry tart and creamsicle M43. Can't wait for them to can that stuff.

#234 6 years ago

didn't know they had another round of boss tweed coming out again. I missed out on the release a few months ago at my local honey hole. I do have a growler of your mom on French toast that I am about to crack open. that stuff is amazing.

#256 6 years ago

I never have any problem getting on a game that I want to play. the only row that gets a little cramped is the middle row but that's just to walk down. if you are bumping butts then you must play funky. there is plenty of room to play with someone behind you. its the crop dusting that gets me.

#258 6 years ago

maybe posting these signs up around the club.

il_570xN_427870186_bb4i (resized).jpgil_570xN_427870186_bb4i (resized).jpg

#264 6 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

Look what just landed at my local store...
    official beer of the VFW Pinball Showcase, haha!!

That is awesome!!!! Let me know how it is

#266 6 years ago

yes please!!! There has been some stanky guys there too.

#268 6 years ago

some vinegar slaw. nothing wrong with beans and potato salad. that stuff does make ya gassy but good with the queue that is made. maybe mac salad?

#273 6 years ago
    Quoted from adania:

Here's a suggestion for preventing the fart cloud, perhaps? I actually started out looking up something Japanese, as I recall seeing pills in the drug stores there claiming to turn your BO flower scented. But all i could find was one April Fool's joke picked up by rocketnews, and then this European product: https://www.pilulepet.com/en/
    Shall we pick up a bottle to offer a dose to likely suspects at the door?

that is awesome. I think if you do the lavender scent, it will make things very calm and tranquil. lmao

#274 6 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

If you are in the EM tourney, just say "crop dust me, please" and i'll hook you up

lmao I would be afraid to say that. I have a feeling that another guy will end up doing a leg lift and get the real thing.

#277 6 years ago

check the Michigan for sale thread. I think someone had 1 or 2 tickets for sale in there.

#328 6 years ago

how many days now MrBally?

#331 6 years ago

Secret tourney? Do you need to know a secret handshake to get in?

#340 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallKid:

At least one of the guys that make Old Nation beers will be there with me (I'm a pro brewer as well and I usually have about 4-8 other pro brewers with me). Last year Boss Tweed had just been released and we drank it all day during parking lot breaks. We always bring a lot of good beer with us. And yes, that means Pabst (along with a lot of other stuff).
    Would Pinsiders like to pick a time on Saturday to have a meet and greet together? Just step out front or whatever and say hello. I'd love to be able to put names and faces together! I'm just throwing it out there.
    Can't wait!

I’m down for a time to meet up. If you are a brewer there, could you sneak out some growlers of creamsicle or strawberry tart m43? Had it at Ashley’s during throw down and it was amazing!!!! Wish you guys would can that!!!

#343 6 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Tried M-43 for the first time back in January when I visited a Brighton friend. Probably the best IPA I've ever tasted, especially since I'm not a fan of the piney west coast stuff. Definitely gonna track some of that down on VFW weekend.

Most Meijer and Kroger carry it now and have the best prices. just stop there.

#344 6 years ago

good thing you need a decoder ring since I have mine from ovaltine!! that means I can get in.

as for a time to meet up. if I am not going to be in the tournament, I will be in the parking lot at 9:30 starting with a kbs since it is a breakfast stout

#349 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

<blockquote

I'll bring brownies

Brownies go nicely with beer!!!

4 weeks later
    #704 5 years ago

These will be awesome to check out. love the customs that are at the show.

So for the beer drinkers that are going to meet up in the parking lot. what time do we want to meet up in the parking lot? I'm going to pull out a camping chair and have a breakfast beer before going in. I will probably start at 9:30

#707 5 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

Now that's the true "breakfast of champions" not wheaties

kbs will be the first one to go down. with a name like Kentucky breakfast stout, it has to be for breakfast right?

#733 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Set up by the bee hives so we can smoke out

NICE!!!!!

#784 5 years ago
    Quoted from Defender:

Beer is good. How about a nice, dark stout?

just find me and I will be drinking imperial stouts all day

#814 5 years ago

if anyone is looking to meet up and drink some beers. I will be sitting by my car having a few pops throughout the day. black Subaru outback. I will also be wearing a grey clutch t shirt and tigers cap.

1 month later
    #940 5 years ago

I'm looking forward to the fireside chat with J.M. next year. This years was very educational!!! We need more of them!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bax1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2018?tu=bax1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.