Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 944 posts
  • 121 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Beyndtstng
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

82e470e35f6ea3efde948faf01d76963a7f38b13.png (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180508-184445 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180508-184541 (resized).png
    365 (resized).jpg
    buckeyes-leaves (resized).jpg
    A29996CB-7219-47D5-A896-4369DA3380A6 (resized).jpeg
    20180505_173320 (resized).jpg
    20180505_125903 (resized).jpg
    7A881700-844F-4851-AAF4-EE043D2463D6 (resized).jpeg
    5566DFEA-D6A6-4B69-83DF-B7D48CDB51DB (resized).jpeg
    97F46012-DD8C-4340-AD4C-B32A0755B08A (resized).jpeg
    33B66D2B-B075-4DE4-9B9D-74461872F5A1 (resized).jpeg
    A93331B3-62A9-47E9-875C-040A4BF4BD98 (resized).jpeg
    20180504_194122 (resized).jpg
    yacs (resized).PNG
    20180504_153227 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingBW.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Is there any interest in pre-ww2 games? specifically 1930s stuff? or is that just a waste of time and space to most people...?

To me, the wood rails right when you walk in are interesting from a nostalgia stand point. One of the helpers there showed my wife and I how one worked without flippers and how it was mostly mechanical with little electronics and showed under the playfield. That was interesting and great of that person to show that to us and explain it. But I was also eyeing that the "Junk Yard" game had just opened up and wanted to go play that more.

My personal opinion is that those really old ones are good to look at and get a tour of how they work once. But then on to the more modern machines to play while time permits. For the show, even though it is many hours, we want to fit in as much gaming as we can ... while we can. If, as MrBally said, there is another new building added, maybe make an area for the wood rails and older pins as more of a "museum" type setup with someone like we had that would show and explain how some of those old pins worked. Every once in a while, people need to take a break and a old time pin tour/seminar would be something really good to see during that "break time". Just a suggestion.

Like others have said though, if you are space limited, make room for more of the solid state era pins would be my vote.

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

We are working on a saturday tournament and camping option. We're just not quite there yet...
    but anyway, The Arcade in brighton is like 5 minutes away.

The Arcade in Brighton is open until 11PM on Saturday. They have a Groupon out for 2 person discount ... but buy it ahead of time as it can't be used for the first 24 hours. It also has to be used within 120 days, so time the Groupon right if you go there. I'll inquire if they can stay open until midnight or later if enough people go there that night. I'll update their pin list here on Pinside next time I go there (within a month likely). Recently added games are SW, GOTG, TH, FT. Others I remember - AS, MET, GOT, ACDC, GB, IM, Mustang, AF, PZ, WD, FG, RFM, a handful or so of others.

3 weeks later
    #144 6 years ago

I updated the pin lists on the Pinside Pin Map for Marvins and The Arcade for those that were inquiring for pinhead overtime once the VFW ends on Saturday or Sunday. I don't know why the owners don't keep up on those lists. I use them when I travel. Anyway, here are some links to those pin map locations:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/6177-the-arcade-brighton-township-mi
    https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/46-marvin-s-marvelous-mechanical-museum-farmington-hills-mi

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Looking for some advice on accommodations. I know about the local recommended places on the vfw site, but I'm thinking of air bnb or something else.
    Last year I stayed in a dumpy motel in Farmington hills, it was fine but a little low end tbh.
    Farmington hills or Novi seems ideal for my stay with other activities I want to partake (Marvin's etc) in mind.
    Any pros cons would be appreciated. Suggestions?
    Thanks

The Holiday Inn Express that is on of the VFW recommendations was just completed less than a year ago, so it's in real good shape. It is the closest. Since no one else replied, I figured I would at least with that. I don't know of any bnb's to recommend.

1 month later
    #286 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

You have to have something to place in the next expansion.

Expanding an existing building, or adding more buildings?

1 week later
    #454 6 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I see that game room guys is a vendor at the show. Is there a chance we see Iron Maiden there? Would love to know what I’m buying by playing it first...

If not, Marvins and M-Brew both just got one today and are about a half hour or so away.

1 week later
    #534 6 years ago
    Quoted from abelelectronics:

I just got confirmation that I will have a jersey jack pirates of the Caribbean prototype for the show.

Triple spinner or single spinner?

#555 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Just this many days left until the 2018 Sow....

Should there be an "h" or "n" between the "S" and "o"?

#588 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

For reference.....

I really, really think that all of the pinball shows and expos should post a similar sign to this one at their entrance.

#614 6 years ago
    Quoted from redman822:

There is some space between the games, but not a lot, so you need to show restraint in your attempts to nudge, etc or you will adversely affect your 'neighbor' on the next game over.

What also bugs my wife & I are the people that think (and probably are) good players that have to slap the flippers and KEEP hitting your hand in the process on the machine next to it. We are starting to get vocal about that at shows and league nights. Don't effect my game by theatrics to playing your game please. I'm not one that would retaliate by doing the same to make a point.

1 week later
    #850 5 years ago

More tailgating than the last 3 years and more than any other pinball show we've been to. That's a good thing in my opinion.

20180505_125903 (resized).jpg20180505_125903 (resized).jpg

20180505_173320 (resized).jpg20180505_173320 (resized).jpg

#879 5 years ago
    Quoted from stooped:

VFW room with TNA, IM, PFTCJJ,and Aliens... How would you rate them? I lean towards TNA but I don't do rules...

Quoted from TheLaw:

IMDN>TNA>JJPOTC>Houdini> Alien>Dominos

JJPOTC>Houdini> .... >IMDN>Alien> .... >TNA>Dominos

Thank you Clay and all of the many orange shirts for putting on one of the best players pinball shows in the country - very well organized top to bottom. They all knew their roles ... Please keep doing it. Machines that had something go wrong with them or got out of adjustment were fixed quickly. My wife and I played many, many games from open until close both Saturday and Sunday with only a half hour break for lunch each day. We took it all in, had a blast, now we hurt from playing so much - something we will do over again next year and each year after that.

#904 5 years ago

What's the story behind the Star Wars Trilogy next to GB that had signatures of Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher on the translite? Previous owner obtained? Just curious.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingBW.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2018?tu=KingBW and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.