Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 944 posts
  • 121 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Beyndtstng
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

82e470e35f6ea3efde948faf01d76963a7f38b13.png (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180508-184445 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180508-184541 (resized).png
    365 (resized).jpg
    buckeyes-leaves (resized).jpg
    A29996CB-7219-47D5-A896-4369DA3380A6 (resized).jpeg
    20180505_173320 (resized).jpg
    20180505_125903 (resized).jpg
    7A881700-844F-4851-AAF4-EE043D2463D6 (resized).jpeg
    5566DFEA-D6A6-4B69-83DF-B7D48CDB51DB (resized).jpeg
    97F46012-DD8C-4340-AD4C-B32A0755B08A (resized).jpeg
    33B66D2B-B075-4DE4-9B9D-74461872F5A1 (resized).jpeg
    A93331B3-62A9-47E9-875C-040A4BF4BD98 (resized).jpeg
    20180504_194122 (resized).jpg
    yacs (resized).PNG
    20180504_153227 (resized).jpg
    There are 944 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 19.
    #1 6 years ago

Just throwing out the dates for the Ann Arbor Michigan Pinball Show for 2018, to get it on the events page.
    Thank you.

Ann Arbor Michigan Pinball Show
    Friday-Sunday May 4-6, 2018
    http://vfwpinball.com/?p=128

#2 6 years ago

Great and thanks for having us at the show this year. It was great to meet everyone and to see the amazing collection there. We plan on coming next year also. Here is a video from this great show of our machine we brought with the Pin Stadium kits installed, thanks Clay!:

1 month later
    #3 6 years ago

Already starting to plan !!

You make a great show Clay!

5 months later
    #4 6 years ago

Looking to do my annual saturday trip.
    I played alot of Alien Poker last year.
    Working on a side deal for some arcade marquees

#5 6 years ago

can I come?

#6 6 years ago

We're voting on it this week.

#7 6 years ago

Is there anyone from BG Restos on this forum. Debating a resto of my Alien Poker backglass compared to the PP remake with mirror finish.

20170729_103340 (resized).jpg20170729_103340 (resized).jpg

20170729_103426 (resized).jpg20170729_103426 (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

I'm not sure if Steve monitors the-is forum.

That said Alien Poker has been done before:

http://bgresto.com/?p=1043

#9 6 years ago

Steve does amazing work. Picked up a glass from him (for a friend) at the last show. Should have pulled the trigger on one I wanted too.

#10 6 years ago

Damn! Same weekend as Allentown again.

#11 6 years ago

Well come and play and spend less money. Or go to Allentown and buy, buy, buy.
    Not too much on the way of extras. That being said it has gotten a bit bigger in that respect each time I have went.
    For me it's a saturday day trip.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Well come and play and spend less money. Or go to Allentown and buy, buy, buy.
    Not too much on the way of extras. That being said it has gotten a bit bigger in that respect each time I have went.
    For me it's a saturday day trip.

Unfortunately for me, it's a bit of a longer drive. Make it at least an overnight trip.

2 weeks later
    #13 6 years ago

Announcement for ticket sales date please. Really looking towards the show in 2018.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Announcement for ticket sales date please. Really looking towards the show in 2018.

Ticket sales start in 2018 according to website.

I'm waiting for ticket/tshirt package sale.

#15 6 years ago

Please review:

64911090_25Z339 (resized).jpg64911090_25Z339 (resized).jpg

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Please review:

I take it that means i am welcome. Sweet! See you guys there!

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I take it that means i am welcome. Sweet! See you guys there!

Well we've talked aboot it and there might be some things there you don't want to see. Really it's up to whether mentally you can handle it I think.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well we've talked aboot it and there might be some things there you don't want to see. Really it's up to whether mentally you can handle it I think.

I hope that means i get to play predator???

#19 6 years ago

Whom knows indeed!

#20 6 years ago

TheLaw

We gonna play some bones again?

BONES!!!!!!!

#21 6 years ago

Haha shit man I think somone took the bones machine. That such kernel really rolled them bones No doubt.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I hope that means i get to play predator???

And remember, pictures or it didn't happen.

#23 6 years ago

The 2018 Ann Arbor pinball show VFW tickets are now available. May 4-6, 2018. The website is www.vfwpinball.com

There are a few changes this year. Mostly the number of games. It’s now 400 games available for play and you can go to the website and see a list of the game names and pictures

Right now we do not have a Saturday tournament and we do not have camping tickets available. These two items have causes more problems and work then we’re willing to talk about in the past. So I’m hesitant to do them again this year. I could be convinced, but it’s going to take some work to get me there...

#24 6 years ago

Just got mine. Looking forward to it Clay. Always a great time. Thank you for doing this.

Hogey

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

The 2018 Ann Arbor pinball show VFW tickets are now available. May 4-6, 2018. The website is http://www.vfwpinball.com
    There are a few changes this year. Mostly the number of games. It’s now 400 games available for play and you can go to the website and see a list of the game names and pictures
    Right now we do not have a Saturday tournament and we do not have camping tickets available. These two items have causes more problems and work then we’re willing to talk about in the past. So I’m hesitant to do them again this year. I could be convinced, but it’s going to take some work to get me there...

I know we shouldn't be bringing up the past, as you've heard all the sides of it. But to be honest, I thought the Saturday night tourney was awesome.

Sure there was a hiccup, but that happened because one rule wasn't properly written. If you have two ways to win, make it clear that it's either over at first win,

OR (and I think this would be better)

If you win early (by achieving 21 on 5 cards) than you get one of the gift cards and/or a trophy to support that, but the overall tournament goes on to find the full endurance winner.

A lot of people left early because it was running really late, but to me, that's part of some competitions. (If anyone here has been to pinburgh, they'll know how hard it is to be on your feet so long)

Anyway, it's just my opinion, but I thought it was fantastic and a great play strategy that gave all players a chance.

If you want to be fair, email all participants from last year (the 60-70 ppl from that tourney) and take a vote.

Sorry for the wall of text, but just thought I'd share my thoughts on it.

See you all in a few months !!

#26 6 years ago

I forgot there is another significant change to the show this year. We are holding back a number of tickets to be available at the door. So for people that can’t get tickets ahead because They don’t know their schedule, you still have a chance to go to the show. There will be cash sales at the door, but only for a limited number of tickets. So if you are going to go, on say Saturday, it’s best you get there early before the cash tickets are sold

Also I can pretty much say with 100 percent certainly that there will not be a ptrdator there. You guys pretty much killed any chance of that happening with the treatment of Tim. Even though he only lives 20 miles away, I can’t see how he would think it would be advantageous to bring that machine to any show.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

I forgot there is another significant change to the show this year. We are holding back a number of tickets to be available at the door. So for people that can’t get tickets ahead because They don’t know their schedule, you still have a chance to go to the show. There will be cash sales at the door, but only for a limited number of tickets. So if you are going to go, on say Saturday, it’s best you get there early before the cash tickets are sold
    Also I can pretty much say with 100 percent certainly that there will not be a ptrdator there. You guys pretty much killed any chance of that happening with the treatment of Tim. Even though he only lives 20 miles away, I can’t see how he would think it would be advantageous to bring that machine to any show.

Don't know who Tim is, and no idea on this story.

But as a Canadian in this thread, I feel obliged to say sorry.

Sorry Tim.

#28 6 years ago

My 2 cents is just hold back the amount cash at the door tickets and put them up for sale one week b4 the event and on Thursday b4 event post how many are left (If any) for cash at the door sales that might cut down on people just showing up and being disappointed after traveling that they can't get in if too many show up early and start a cash line where do you cut it off at so anyways here's to a great event again this year thx clay and staff for putting it on

#29 6 years ago

Just bought 4 tickets for Saturday to bring the family. Will be our first trip to VFW. Can't wait !!

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

I can pretty much say with 100 percent certainly that there will not be a ptrdator there.

This is for the best. Too many hard feelings. I have no "skin in" on that, but feel for those that do.
    Got my ticket for Saturday and looking forward to it already.

#31 6 years ago

Bringing my dad Friday for the EM tourney and show. 123 days and counting

#32 6 years ago

I got 2 for Saturday.
    This year have a separate food line for the non-cooked items. I waited a while just to get a couple of drinks.
    Can't wait to see how much buy and sell stuff there may be.
    T Shirt?
    Poster?

#33 6 years ago

I hope to see you there, Darren.
    Howie

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

I hope to see you there, Darren.
    Howie

Looking forward to seeing you, Ryan and Bruce.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypin:

Just bought 4 tickets for Saturday to bring the family. Will be our first trip to VFW. Can't wait !!

+

Darrin, I should see you there as my son & I will be working as technicians all day Saturday.

#36 6 years ago

Bought for Sunday. Luckily, I'm so bad I can play every machine twice in the six hours available.

#37 6 years ago

Purchased for Sat. along with a hotel room. 1st time visit! Tempted to buy Friday tickets too since we are not too far away.

I've read the crowd is larger Sat. (of course), but does it wane throughout the day? I assume better early or later, or pretty much the same all day?

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Purchased for Sat. along with a hotel room. 1st time visit! Tempted to buy Friday tickets too since we are not too far away.
    I've read the crowd is larger Sat. (of course), but does it wane throughout the day? I assume better early or later, or pretty much the same all day?

Gradually builds through the day and wanes a bit after 7 pm

#39 6 years ago

with the controlled ticket sales you can always get on a machine.getting through the isles can be a little tight and I find its better to play 1 player when it's at peek crowd because there's not alot of extra space.and if you can do Friday I would this only happens once a year and there's so many machines.

#40 6 years ago

Any recommendations for hotels near by? Have tickets for the entire weekend. Looking forward to it!

#41 6 years ago

Holiday Inn Express-Brighton South is four miles away. Best Western Whitmore Lake is 2.5 miles away. BW is cheaper with not much around. HIE is newer with more around but pricier.

#42 6 years ago

The website has hotel info. There's two hotels that are 5 minutes away. The new one, just opened about a year ago, is the Holiday Inn Express. but here's the info:

Best Western of Whitemore Lake (about $90 per night and 5 minutes away.)
    9897 Main Street
    Whitmore Lake, MI 48189
    734-449-2058

Holiday Inn Express (about $130 per night and 5 minutes away.)
    6910 Whitmore Lake Road
    Brighton, MI 48116
    810-227-6300

Sunset Cove Bed & Breakfast
    10201 Kress Rd.
    Pinckney, MI 48169
    810-355-1025
    An amazing B&B that is only about 10 minutes from the show. It’s a modern log cabin style bed and breakfast on Bass Lake and Strawberry Lake. Absolutely stunning place, and they have a pinball machine in the lower level (Gottlieb Silver Slugger) on free play. How cool is that? It’s not cheap, but man it’s nice.

#43 6 years ago

Also this year we will be selling quality LEDs at the show. I've tried to get vendors to come to sell LEDs (it's such a popular item, and it's small/easy for people to buy), without any success. So in absence of that, we will be selling our own brand of LEDs at the show. We won't have the total selection of colors/types that say Coin Taker has, but we'll have the most popular #555/#44 in a variety of colors. All are frosted round top 5050 style LEDs with built in bridge, so they are good quality. And at a very competitive price. Also will have #89/#906 flashers.

#44 6 years ago

People have been asking about the camping and the saturday tournament. Here's the deal... The three guys that ran that whole thing saturday night largely aren't here any more. We had John White (RIP), Gary R (no longer in the group), and Pat M (who most likely will have to work his real job that night.) That leaves us with nobody to run the saturday night festivities. It's a lot of work to do the Saturday night camping/tourney thing, and frankly, it doesn't generate any money to speak. Everyone else is tired from the other 3 days of show work... i just don't have the personnel to do this. It's tough finding people our age to want to stay up 1/2 the night policing the whole affair...

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

People have been asking about the camping and the saturday tournament. Here's the deal... The three guys that ran that whole thing saturday night largely aren't here any more. We had John White (RIP), Gary R (no longer in the group), and Pat M (who most likely will have to work his real job that night.) That leaves us with nobody to run the saturday night festivities. It's a lot of work to do the Saturday night camping/tourney thing, and frankly, it doesn't generate any money to speak. Everyone else is tired from the other 3 days of show work... i just don't have the personnel to do this. It's tough finding people our age to want to stay up 1/2 the night policing the whole affair...

With this explanation, I completely understand and respect the decision made.

You put on an amazing event and I'm just happy to be able to be a part of it.

#46 6 years ago

Just bought four tickets for Saturday. Will be awesome as usual.

#47 6 years ago

Purchased tix for Friday EM tournament and show for me. Was great fun last year, will see if I can last longer this time (thanks alot Michael Stewart, lol !!)

#48 6 years ago

EM tourney and Friday tix purchased! One of my favorite days of the year. Been there each of the previous four years and gets better every time.

#49 6 years ago

saturday night tourney info coming soon!!

#50 6 years ago

Wouldn't miss it. In for EM Tourney& Friday & Sat.

There are 944 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2018?hl=beyndtstng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.