2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 944 posts
  • 121 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Beyndtstng
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 127 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

82e470e35f6ea3efde948faf01d76963a7f38b13.png (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180508-184445 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180508-184541 (resized).png
    365 (resized).jpg
    buckeyes-leaves (resized).jpg
    A29996CB-7219-47D5-A896-4369DA3380A6 (resized).jpeg
    20180505_173320 (resized).jpg
    20180505_125903 (resized).jpg
    7A881700-844F-4851-AAF4-EE043D2463D6 (resized).jpeg
    5566DFEA-D6A6-4B69-83DF-B7D48CDB51DB (resized).jpeg
    97F46012-DD8C-4340-AD4C-B32A0755B08A (resized).jpeg
    33B66D2B-B075-4DE4-9B9D-74461872F5A1 (resized).jpeg
    A93331B3-62A9-47E9-875C-040A4BF4BD98 (resized).jpeg
    20180504_194122 (resized).jpg
    yacs (resized).PNG
    20180504_153227 (resized).jpg

There are 944 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 19.
    #401 1 year ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

I heard the secret password to the Saturday tournament is....WORT!

Hahaha!!! Still laughing,Having a very hard time letting go of that thread/threads....They might change the password to...Cowboy Boots!! Hahaha!!!

#402 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Damn!!! It's sold out....Ninja!!! I would love to come,Any possible way of purchasing 2 tickets or more??Me and my son plus if any other fellow Pinsider/Pinsiders would like to come along.How do we find out if anyone purchased tickets and can't make it?? Heck i'll call ya...If anyone purchased tickets and can't make it please shoot me a P.M.
    I'll post back

See post #371 In this thread.

#403 1 year ago

With only 25 days to go until the 2018 VFW Ann Arbor Michigan Pinball Showcase, another Predator is being repaired and hopefully will be there on Saturday. It's right next to the Bally board test fixture.....

20180406_211417_001 (resized).jpg

#404 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

See post #371 In this thread.

Thanks..

#405 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Damn!!! It's sold out....Ninja!!! I would love to come,Any possible way of purchasing 2 tickets or more??Me and my son plus if any other fellow Pinsider/Pinsiders would like to come along.How do we find out if anyone purchased tickets and can't make it?? Heck i'll call ya...If anyone purchased tickets and can't make it please shoot me a P.M.
    I'll post back

sure just email me cfh@provide.net if your need a ticket for friday or sunday.

#406 1 year ago
    Quoted from cfh:

sure just email me cfh@provide.net if your need a ticket for friday or sunday.

Ok thanks buddy

#407 1 year ago

Not sure how much beer talk is in jest and how much is real... if I bring beer it’s ok to drink and share in food and parking areas?

#408 1 year ago
    Quoted from c508:

Not sure how much beer talk is in jest and how much is real... if I bring beer it’s ok to drink and share in food and parking areas?

Last year my group took a few breaks and 'tailgated' in the parking lot, as did others. We were respectful of the property and picked up after ourselves and had no issues. I am not sure about carrying a drink to the food/eating areas... we just kept that activity at my truck.

#409 1 year ago

No food or drink is allowed inside. And don't use the property as a trash can. And don't start fights or run into stuff/people. That's about all the rules i can think of in regards to the outside property.

#410 1 year ago

With only 24 days to go until the 2018 VFW Pinball Showcase, we can only hope that this young lady makes it here from out West....

#411 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

With only 24 days to go until the 2018 VFW Pinball Showcase, we can only hope that this young lady makes it here from out West....

Whoa!!! She's a beauty...

#412 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

That is a nice Sky Kings

#413 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Thanks that's my daughter

#414 1 year ago

That is an even nicer Bally Expressway....

#415 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Good Eye Mr. Bally

#416 1 year ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

That is a nice Sky Kings

Hehe!! yes i'd be looking up to see that nice sky..

Quoted from dhard:

Thanks that's my daughter

Well,you have a beautiful daughter sir,Would you mind if i became your son in law..Haha!!

Quoted from MrBally:

Oh yes very nice

#417 1 year ago

Nice big shot too.

#418 1 year ago

I need a ticket!

#419 1 year ago
    Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Never mind. I contacted him days ago and never heard a thing.

I just spoke to him...About 2 hours ago.

#420 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

I just spoke to him...About 2 hours ago.

Well, he ain't talking to me so...

#421 1 year ago

Well, he ain't talking to me so...

He might be busy,Do you need a ticket?I'll call or email him for you if you want..

#422 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

He might be busy,Do you need a ticket?I'll call or email him for you if you want..

Yes please!
    A single Friday Night would be perfect.
    Thanks!

#423 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I’ll be bringing one of those. What is the dress code policy?

#424 1 year ago

Yes please!
    A single Friday Night would be perfect.
    Thanks!

I just emailed him and as soon as i hear back from him i will let you know also i gave him your Pinside username and let him know you posted in his thread about the ticket for friday night....Keep an eye on your email...

#425 1 year ago

Email cfh@provide.net with any ticket requests and i'll see what i can do.

#426 1 year ago

Tickets for the Saturday tournament are up for sale.
    http://vfwpinball.com/?page_id=179

Format details:

Non-Stop Head to Head Tournament
    The tournament will be 3 hours of nearly non-stop head to head games. We will begin at 8:00 PM.

The tournament will begin with a random opponent on a randomly chosen machine (3-4 people will initially not have an opponent but will instead be placed in the queue).
    Each pair will play 1 game on their chosen machine. When the game is over both players will report the outcome to the scorekeeper.

The loser will then be paired up with the next person in the queue and a random machine will be drawn for them. Everyone in the queue moves up 1 spot in the queue. The winner will go to the back of the queue.

After 3 hours the top 8 based on winning percentage will go on to finals. Finals will be groups of 4 with PAPA style scoring (4,2,1,0). Each group will play 3 games with the top 2 from each group advancing.

Please note you do not need a show ticket to play in the tournament.

#427 1 year ago

The saturday night tournament is now available on the http://vfwpinball.com/?page_id=179 tickets page. Starts at 8pm saturday night (after the show closes, so it does not conflict). Flat entry cost. Should run to about midnight. This is a way to get more pinball playing saturday. Also you don't need a saturday day ticket to play in the tournament... these are independent things.

#428 1 year ago

btw, while not specified on the vfwpinball.com website, the cost of the saturday night tournament is $25 and is limited to 64 participants (this part is specified)

if the tournament sells out, I may drag something cool and pinball related out of my coffers to offer up as a random draw prize (and 'no, it's not a run-dmd clock'. those days are long gone

#430 1 year ago
    Quoted from frobozz:

Repeating a request I made earlier (to crickets...)
    OK, still looking to get a Williams woodrail over to the folks at The Strong in Rochester. If I get it to the VFW before the show weekend, is there anyone coming to the show who is heading back east in that direction, who could deliver it to Jeremy at The Strong?
    Thanks.

Still crickets? Come on, I bet Jeremy would give you a behind the scenes tour if you brought him this game!

#431 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Isn't that April O'Neil?

#432 1 year ago
    Quoted from cfh:

The saturday night tournament is now available on the http://vfwpinball.com/?page_id=179 tickets page. Starts at 8pm saturday night (after the show closes, so it does not conflict). Flat entry cost. Should run to about midnight. This is a way to get more pinball playing saturday. Also you don't need a saturday day ticket to play in the tournament... these are independent things.

Can we play other games while waiting in the queue or do we just have sit back? If so how long would be waiting if we won and were in the back? Just looking to maximize play time. Thought someone told me you have to wait outside or something like that in the past. Just wanting clarification before purchasing two, thank you

#433 1 year ago

I've played similar style tournaments and I would say no you can't play other machines while waiting in queue and the wait is usually a minute or 3 at most.

#434 1 year ago

Not in the past no. Unfair advantage and would slow everything down

#435 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Can we play other games while waiting in the queue or do we just have sit back? If so how long would be waiting if we won and were in the back? Just looking to maximize play time. Thought someone told me you have to wait outside or something like that in the past. Just wanting clarification before purchasing two, thank you

remember that you are purchasing a ticket for the saturday evening tournament, not additional play time in the main hall.

unlike the friday morning [strikes] tournament, NO players are eliminated until the 3 hours of head-to-head action are over. (I know that some people purchase a friday tournament ticket to get eliminated quickly just to have access to the showcase's other games earlier).

more details will follow shortly, but I can state that I do not believe that anyone will be standing around for very long between matches.

- j.m. VFW "rust" member
    friday morning tournament co-coordinator, saturday evening tournament assisting coordinator

#436 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

I just emailed him and as soon as i hear back from him i will let you know also i gave him your Pinside username and let him know you posted in his thread about the ticket for friday night....Keep an eye on your email...

Thanks much!
    Payment for ticket sent.

#437 1 year ago
    Quoted from frobozz:

Still crickets? Come on, I bet Jeremy would give you a behind the scenes tour if you brought him this game!

I'll give you a maybe as I'm not sure if I'm attending but it would be on Friday if I do will update you a couple days beforehand if you haven't found someone by then

#438 1 year ago

Your very welcome..

#439 1 year ago

Thanks much!
    Payment for ticket sent.

Your very welcome..

#440 1 year ago
    Quoted from dhard:

I'll give you a maybe as I'm not sure if I'm attending but it would be on Friday if I do will update you a couple days beforehand if you haven't found someone by then

That's encouraging! Not sure when I'm hauling Firefly there, sometime before the show obviously, but if I bring along the woodrail and then it DOESN'T get hauled out of there during the show, I have to listen to Clay whine about it endlessly, so the more certain a plan I have the better. Thanks.

#441 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I’ll be bringing one of those. What is the dress code policy?

Dress appropriate. There will be children present.

#442 1 year ago
    Quoted from Insane:

Isn't that April O'Neil?

Yep. Note tat near left shoulder blade. Not that I know anything about April O'Neill. Or, Asa Akira for that matter....

#443 1 year ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

remember that you are purchasing a ticket for the saturday evening tournament, not additional play time in the main hall.
    unlike the friday morning [strikes] tournament, NO players are eliminated until the 3 hours of head-to-head action are over. (I know that some people purchase a friday tournament ticket to get eliminated quickly just to have access to the showcase's other games earlier).
    more details will follow shortly, but I can state that I do not believe that anyone will be standing around for very long between matches.
    - j.m. VFW "rust" member
    friday morning tournament co-coordinator, saturday evening tournament assisting coordinator

Okay I’ll wait to talk to my friend to see if she is interested. Hopefully tickets last until tonight. I know we have thought about visiting some of the local places like Marvin’s and those that stay open later with alcohol. We just don’t like to stand around, hence why we decided to attend this show instead of TPF.

#444 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

No you need to be in the queue. The wait time should be only a few minutes, the line will move quickly.

#445 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Okay I’ll wait to talk to my friend to see if she is interested. Hopefully tickets last until tonight. I know we have thought about visiting some of the local places like Marvin’s and those that stay open later with alcohol. We just don’t like to stand around, hence why we decided to attend this show instead of TPF.

Reset barcade in Toledo, Ohio is less than 60 miles away, straight South on US 23. Open until 2:00 am. Full bar and kitchen. Lots of classic videos on free play. Three pins on coin play. Baywatch, Roadshow and The Simpsons. Played decent.
    Bands play after 10:00 pm at the attached meat market (Bar 145) bar next door. It is Toledo.....

#446 1 year ago

Days until the 2018 VFW Pinball Showcase.....

20180411_140633 (resized).png

#447 1 year ago
    Quoted from frobozz:

The Strong in Rochester

This is Rochester New York, yes?

#448 1 year ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

This is Rochester New York, yes?

Yes.

http://www.museumofplay.org/

#449 1 year ago

I see that game room guys is a vendor at the show. Is there a chance we see Iron Maiden there? Would love to know what I’m buying by playing it first...

#450 1 year ago

Bump again... anyone have a Friday EM tourney ticket they aren't going to use?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 149.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    $ 26.95
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 7.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Other
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 8,000.00
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    There are 944 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 19.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside