Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 944 posts
  • 121 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Beyndtstng
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

82e470e35f6ea3efde948faf01d76963a7f38b13.png (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180508-184445 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180508-184541 (resized).png
    365 (resized).jpg
    buckeyes-leaves (resized).jpg
    A29996CB-7219-47D5-A896-4369DA3380A6 (resized).jpeg
    20180505_173320 (resized).jpg
    20180505_125903 (resized).jpg
    7A881700-844F-4851-AAF4-EE043D2463D6 (resized).jpeg
    5566DFEA-D6A6-4B69-83DF-B7D48CDB51DB (resized).jpeg
    97F46012-DD8C-4340-AD4C-B32A0755B08A (resized).jpeg
    33B66D2B-B075-4DE4-9B9D-74461872F5A1 (resized).jpeg
    A93331B3-62A9-47E9-875C-040A4BF4BD98 (resized).jpeg
    20180504_194122 (resized).jpg
    yacs (resized).PNG
    20180504_153227 (resized).jpg
    There are 944 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 19.
    #351 6 years ago

Question for some of you veterans of pinball. My friend and I have attended about 7-8 shows the last couple of years which is right about when we discovered pinball. We have played the common games you see at most shows. What machines would you recommend we must try due to rarity or extreme high quality at VFW? We prefer multiplayer games but are not opposed to some single players. Appreciate the feedback.

#352 6 years ago

I can't remember which staff member I asked what their favorite game was and they recommended Genesis and it did not disappoint.just off the top of my head I would say check out Radical,Pharaoh,alien,NBA Fastbreak(linked),Transporter,escape from the lost world,black belt,all the Zaccaria, any home brew like the Harry Williams games.

#353 6 years ago

Some for no reason at all
    Joust, Gemini, interflip dragon, spirit, Catacomb, nine ball, pinball magic, heavy metal Meltdown, time fantasy, fast draw, torpedo alley, British LOTR with ball save buttons you can play forever, doogies, mexico 86,

#354 6 years ago

The first row on the right...Gottlieb wedge head EMs across from all the early eightees pins like blackhole, spirit, haunted house, volcano, mars god of war...

And you must play the old EM big ball bowler games...super fun. Lucky Seven.

#355 6 years ago

Basically, play everything except the same, usual ones you see at every other show. The Bally EM's are my choice.

#356 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Some for no reason at all
    Joust, Gemini, interflip dragon, spirit, Catacomb, nine ball, pinball magic, heavy metal Meltdown, time fantasy, fast draw, torpedo alley, British LOTR with ball save buttons you can play forever, doogies, mexico 86,

You forgot BONES!!

#357 6 years ago

Since I missed out on getting a Friday night ticket, I may just have to bring my modded Sharkey’s Shootout to the show for just the one night so I can get in.

#358 6 years ago

All,

we have extended the window for shirt pre-orders to Friday, April 13. Please send me a Pinside IM by then with your desired size/style/quantity and we'll have it waiting at the door for you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vfw-aapm-2018-showcase-official-t-shirts-now-available-for-pre-order

Thanks,
    Eric V.

#359 6 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Question for some of you veterans of pinball. My friend and I have attended about 7-8 shows the last couple of years which is right about when we discovered pinball. We have played the common games you see at most shows. What machines would you recommend we must try due to rarity or extreme high quality at VFW? We prefer multiplayer games but are not opposed to some single players. Appreciate the feedback.

BTW:

Check out picture list on the VFW web site:

http://vfwpinball.com/games.php

Make your list of must play games. There will be index sheets and facility map by the front door that will make locating a particular game much easier.

Doug D.

#360 6 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Any of the woodrails (e.g. 1951 Gottlieb Mermaid)
    Any of the Gottlieb 60’s wedge heads (e.g. 1963 Gottlieb Slick Chick)

Games that are rarely seen on the show circuit:
    1982 Gottlieb Spirit
    1981 Stern (Classic) Iron Maiden
    1982 Stern (Classic) Orbitor1
    1998 Williams Cactus Canyon
    2017 Heighway Pinball Alien (with a working Xenomorph!)

Doug D

#361 6 years ago

No one should waste their time with this game. It sucks. Steer clear. You're welcome.

Incidentally, if you want to find me during the show, I'll be gambling with friends on Lucky Seven.

#362 6 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

if you want to find me during the show, I'll be gambling with friends on Lucky Seven.

See you there

#363 6 years ago

With only 29 days to go until the show; here's an exclusive photo of two of the Predators that should be there on Saturday.....

20180330_235041 (resized).jpg20180330_235041 (resized).jpg

#364 6 years ago

I will be trading Hilton Hoddies in the parking lot for beers. Just ask, I will be parking your cars.

#365 6 years ago

tickets for the saturday night tourney should be available on the vfwpinball.com website soon. like the friday EM tourney, spaces will be limited

#366 6 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

I will be trading Hilton Hoddies in the parking lot for beers. Just ask, I will be parking your cars.

hope you are stocking lots of 4XLs

#367 6 years ago

I will be parking your cars.

Oooohhhh.......... Valet parking, how fancy!
    (He's not coming back with my car, is he?)

#368 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

tickets for the saturday night tourney should be available on the vfwpinball.com website soon. like the friday EM tourney, spaces will be limited

I just hope they don't let the doorman run the tourney

#369 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I just hope they don't let the doorman run the tourney

echovictor?

#370 6 years ago

I'll just shut up now

#371 6 years ago

If someone needs a ticket for Friday or Sunday I can help just emailed me [email protected]

#372 6 years ago
    Quoted from nsduprr:

BTW:
    Check out picture list on the VFW web site:
    http://vfwpinball.com/games.php
    Make your list of must play games. There will be index sheets and facility map by the front door that will make locating a particular game much easier.
    Doug D.

Sweet sassy molassy.

Glad this is now available!

#373 6 years ago

I heard the secret password to the Saturday tournament is....WORT!

#374 6 years ago

I heard the secret password to the Saturday tournament is....WORT!

Wrong! go to the end of the line, NOW!

#375 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Oooohhhh.......... Valet parking, how fancy!
    (He's not coming back with my car, is he?)

TsVy56Z (resized).jpgTsVy56Z (resized).jpg

#376 6 years ago

More like beer inspector....

There will be dozens of us wearing staff shirts.

#377 6 years ago

I'm ordering an extra dozen staff shirts this year. those will be available for $50 each in the parking lot

ps
    they will all be XS shirts

#378 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I'm ordering an extra dozen staff shirts this year. those will be available for $50 each in the parking lot
    ps
    they will all be XS shirts

Works for me, but since you probably won't sell many at that price/size, you can give me one of the surplus at the end.

#379 6 years ago

I'll take a shirt Jim it's so hard for me to find shirts that fit

Screenshot_2018-04-06-12-39-07-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-04-06-12-39-07-1 (resized).png

#380 6 years ago

Roxie can hardly wait another 28 days to play Alien at the 2018 VFW Pinball Showcase

20180406_205246 (resized).jpg20180406_205246 (resized).jpg

#381 6 years ago

Looks like you've moved some games around. BTTF was behind NBAFB last year and I don't recall that lineup by the door.

#382 6 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Looks like you've moved some games around. BTTF was behind NBAFB last year and I don't recall that lineup by the door.

Alien bored its way to the front.... Although the door lineup has been there for years.

#383 6 years ago

things will probably move again before the show to provide ample navigation room for all of us svelte pinball players

a number of were at the club last night cleaning and shopping out games to make sure that they are ready for the 30+ hours of abuse that they'll take over the upcoming may weekend

#384 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

things will probably move again before the show to provide ample navigation room for all of us svelte pinball players
    a number of were at the club last night cleaning and shopping out games to make sure that they are ready for the 30+ hours of abuse that they'll take over the upcoming may weekend

Put Mr Bally on latrine duty after that loose pop bumper cap kicked his ass last year on Friday he needs to work his way back up from that and his hair looks like it would make a pretty good scrubby

#385 6 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

Put Mr Bally on latrine duty after that loose pop bumper cap kicked his ass last year on Friday he needs to work his way back up from that and his hair looks like it would make a pretty good scrubby

sorry, as a "rust" level member I do not possess the authority to give orders to anyone at the club, especially mr. bally
    and we won't even talk about the "extra" coil that I worked around last night. in the words of bryan kelly, I said we're not talk about it!!

#386 6 years ago

With 27 days to go until the 2018 VFW Pinball Showcase and 28 days for the Mini-bike Parade; dry runs have commenced. While the custom chopper was able to circle the compound, the Honda CT70 rebuild (pulled from the bottom of a local lake) shakedown run had to take place through the aisles due to the weather yesterday.

20180406_201301 (resized).jpg20180406_201301 (resized).jpg
    20180406_235742_006_01 (resized).jpg20180406_235742_006_01 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180407-151356 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180407-151356 (resized).png

#387 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

TheLaw
    We gonna play some bones again?
    BONES!!!!!!!

Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha shit man I think somone took the bones machine. That such kernel really rolled them bones No doubt.

Quoted from Meegis:

You forgot BONES!!

Good News! It has reappeared after the Mini-Bike Parts Department was relocated from the Bar area!

20180406_200437 (resized).jpg20180406_200437 (resized).jpg

#388 6 years ago

Are attendees allowed in the parade?
    I could dust off and clean the carb of the mighty Z50.

IMG_20180408_124957495 (resized).jpgIMG_20180408_124957495 (resized).jpg

#389 6 years ago

The new Bride of Pinbot neon sign will be viewable in 26 days at the Epic 2018 VFW Pinball Showcase

20180406_222340 (resized).jpg20180406_222340 (resized).jpg

#390 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

The new Bride of Pinbot neon sign will be viewable in 26 days at the Epic 2018 VFW Pinball Showcase

Do you know who did the custom neon for that sign? Very cool.

#391 6 years ago

Is that Valley Spectra IV cocktail pinball table working?
    Do not remember that being there last year.
    Those stacked MPU and other boards with NiCad batteries in a metal box
    was bad design, as leakage tended to easily destroy those boards and traces.

#392 6 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Not sure who it is. Maybe Clay will let you know. Email him.

#393 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Is that Valley Spectra IV cocktail pinball table working?
    Do not remember that being there last year.
    Those stacked MPU and other boards with NiCad batteries
    was bad design, as leakage tended to easily destroy those boards and traces.

Yes, working and for sale. Takes up too much space for the show.

Email Clay if interested.

#394 6 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Mike Wiley of Wiley Amusements

#395 6 years ago

I didn't know Mike bends and fills neon tubes. Are you sure?

He donated the large Pinball Arcade sign (from the old Playland that was on Pasadena Avenue, East of Jennings Road, in Flint, IIRC). It did not have any neon, so Clay had his neon guy add the tubes, gas and motor gizmo (like a pinball score motor) to animate the flipper neon.

Screenshot_20180408-223350 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180408-223350 (resized).png

#396 6 years ago

Repeating a request I made earlier (to crickets...)

OK, still looking to get a Williams woodrail over to the folks at The Strong in Rochester. If I get it to the VFW before the show weekend, is there anyone coming to the show who is heading back east in that direction, who could deliver it to Jeremy at The Strong?

Thanks.

#397 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Yes, working and for sale. Takes up too much space for the show.

Already have one.
    NIB from warehouse find.
    But boards were corroded.
    Used it as my Kitchen table for years.
    Now in the hands of the PPM.

#398 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I didn't know Mike bends and fills neon tubes. Are you sure?

You could be right.
    This is why I thought it was him but I guess he just had the idea to cut it out.
    https://www.facebook.com/pinballwiley/posts/10203983972437115

#399 6 years ago

Mike Wiley does not bend neon. Mike has nothing to do with Neon other than he likes it a lot and he thinks it’s pretty

#400 6 years ago

Damn!!! It's sold out....Ninja!!! I would love to come,Any possible way of purchasing 2 tickets or more??Me and my son plus if any other fellow Pinsider/Pinsiders would like to come along.How do we find out if anyone purchased tickets and can't make it?? Heck i'll call ya...If anyone purchased tickets and can't make it please shoot me a P.M.

I'll post back

There are 944 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2018/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.