Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 944 posts
  • 121 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Beyndtstng
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

82e470e35f6ea3efde948faf01d76963a7f38b13.png (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180508-184445 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180508-184541 (resized).png
    365 (resized).jpg
    buckeyes-leaves (resized).jpg
    A29996CB-7219-47D5-A896-4369DA3380A6 (resized).jpeg
    20180505_173320 (resized).jpg
    20180505_125903 (resized).jpg
    7A881700-844F-4851-AAF4-EE043D2463D6 (resized).jpeg
    5566DFEA-D6A6-4B69-83DF-B7D48CDB51DB (resized).jpeg
    97F46012-DD8C-4340-AD4C-B32A0755B08A (resized).jpeg
    33B66D2B-B075-4DE4-9B9D-74461872F5A1 (resized).jpeg
    A93331B3-62A9-47E9-875C-040A4BF4BD98 (resized).jpeg
    20180504_194122 (resized).jpg
    yacs (resized).PNG
    20180504_153227 (resized).jpg
    There are 944 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 19.
    #301 6 years ago

One of the reason that "a lot" of people like the early 60s WMS EMs
    is that they are great "nudger" games.
    '63 Big Deal has 4 drop targets and Eager Beaver has 3 of them and Palooka 5 of 'em.
    The last two with classic Stenholm artwork.
    But the VFW hall is primarily for your collection, so
    I defer to your choices as you see fit.

#302 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Any news of people bringing games that may not be on your game list Clay? Also, do people sell machines at your show? Thanks!

Rumor has it that a Total Nuclear Annihilation will be there.

tna (resized).jpgtna (resized).jpg

#303 6 years ago

I've come each year since the first, culminating with bringing 12 additional people last year. Has turned into one of my most enjoyable family outings. Unfortunately, looks like I missed out this year. My work will only approve vacation requests 45 days in advance. Got approved hours after Clay advised all the tickets were sold

If anyone finds they have two extra tickets for Friday, I'm your huckleberry.

Fingers crossed.

#304 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rody:

My work will only approve vacation requests 45 days in advance.

So if you were to get married and plan a honeymoon, in June;
    your work would not approve it until mid April??

Heck if you do not buy plane tickets at least 2 months in advance,
    you get raped on the price or availability most times.

Should have bought VFW tix on speculation, then resold if you could not get the time off.

#305 6 years ago

Correct, 45 days notice is what I have to work with. Could I have bought tickets ahead of time, yes. Don't like the thought of taking a spot not knowing if I could truly commit. I look at the mess that replay FX has with the pinburgh tournament and people buying spots for friends just to refund them later, doesn't seem morally correct to me.

#306 6 years ago

Clays selling tickets at the door they just cost more how much more I don't know but still worth every penny

#307 6 years ago

If someone needs a ticket or two let me know. i get people that return tickets because their work/vacation/life has changed, and they can't come.

Tom if you really want 60s williams games, why don't you gift us some or sell at a nice price?? you gave a boatload to the PPM and what have they done with that stuff? pretty much just put it in storage or sold it.

#308 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

f someone needs a ticket or two let me know. i get people that return tickets because their work/vacation/life has changed, and they can't come.

If you get one ticket for the EM tournament on Friday I love to get one. Thanks Clay!

#309 6 years ago

I was at the PPM annex last week,
    They do have about 300 pins set up to play at the annex
    along with about 100 pins at the museum itself,
    admittedly most of those belong to Mike or Larry Z.
    And you are correct that they have not set up (for play) many of my donated pins,
    but most were in my storage for years and will need a bit of going over to get them ready for play.
    I have donated >250 pins to them over the past 3 tax years,
    they have not sold any of my donated machines yet
    (the plan is not to sell any, except for doubles).
    They have gotten a few shopped and are now set up at the museum or the annex.
    Like GTB TimeLine and Jungle Princess and BLY Frontier and WMS Cosmic GunFight to name a few.
    But I would like to see more of the 1960s era WMS EMs set up for play.
    I do not want to be an "indian giver"; so what the PPM now has in their possession will likely stay there
    and since the WMS reverse wedgeheads were some of my favorites,
    most of those have not yet been officially donated.
    But I will see what I can do about games still in my possession
    or talk to Mike about any overflow that the PPM might not be able to handle.
    Can't make any promises though.
    Your collection at the VFW is awesome and nearly all are in very good playable
    working condition and well maintained.
    Every pinball venue or museum or arcade should strive for what you have accomplished.

#310 6 years ago

I do have one EM of yours. Mike gifted it to us (it was a huge argument, but in the end, they did the right thing.) We don't want 250. hell we don't want even 25. but there are some we've been looking for a *long* time. Cosmic Gunfight is certainly one. but we would gladly take about 5 to 10 williams 1960s reverse wedgies/single players if they were available.

I've had a huge argument with Mike (and Tim A) over numbers. It is impractical to have more than 200 machines in a working daily museum. I know because we have 400 !! it's an incredible amount of work to keep those numbers maintained. And to just have 800 to 1000 machine in storage is DUMB. what is the point??? how much does that cost???? Mike is in San Fran where real estate is a zillion dollars. They're never going to own enough property to set up that many machines. They've already been kicked out of one building. And they almost got kicked out of their current property! Their monthly "nut" is like 5 figures!!! Tim A is in a slightly better position because he has banked money and could buy more space. But at nearly 65 years old, that seems silly at best. These guys should be divesting their collections at this point, not increasing them. Why are they paying to store (on ass end) 800 to 1000 machines, given how much it costs??? is reality not a thing that they can deal with? Or are they moving to a less expensive area? questions i ask, with no apparent answers....

#311 6 years ago

If anyone cares, these are some games we've been looking for, without success. It's not a huge list, and frankly some aren't really that rare either. But others are really rare...

1977 Zaccaria Aerobatics EM pinball
    1978 Zaccaria Queen's Castle EM pinball
    1978 Zaccaria Ski Jump EM pinball
    1977 Zaccaria Nautilus EM pinball
    1976 Zaccaria Combat EM pinball
    1977 Zaccaria Supersonic EM pinball

1986 Zaccaria/Tecnoplay Scramble pinball
    1987 Zaccaria/Tecnoplay X Force pinball
    1987 Zaccaria Spooky pinball

1968 Bally Joker EM pinball
    1967 Bally Rocket III EM pinball

1960s reverse wedgehead Williams

1977 Sonic Butterfly EM pinball
    1977 Sonic Joker's Wild EM pinball
    1978 Sonic Birdman EM pinball
    1978 Sonic Jai Alai EM pinball
    1985 Sonic Odin Deluxe EM pinball

1980 Hankin Empire Strikes Back pinball
    1980 Hankin Shark pinball

1989 Dataeast Playboy 35th Anniversary pinball
    1998 Sega Godzilla pinball
    1989 Gottlieb/Premier Lights Camera Action pinball
    1991 Gottlieb/Premier Cactus Jack pinball

1982 Bally Mr & Mrs Pacman pinball
    1987 Bally Dungeons & Dragons pinball

1982 Williams Defender pinball
    1982 Williams Cosmic Gunfight pinball

#312 6 years ago

I would like to stress if you guys need help with tickets or questions please direct email me (no PMs) to [email protected]

#313 6 years ago

Only 33 days until the VFW Pinball Showcase 2018

20180401_204326 (resized).jpg20180401_204326 (resized).jpg

#314 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

If anyone cares, these are some games we've been looking for, without success. It's not a huge list, and frankly some aren't really that rare either. But others are really rare...
    1977 Zaccaria Aerobatics EM pinball
    1978 Zaccaria Queen's Castle EM pinball
    1978 Zaccaria Ski Jump EM pinball
    1977 Zaccaria Nautilus EM pinball
    1976 Zaccaria Combat EM pinball
    1977 Zaccaria Supersonic EM pinball
    1986 Zaccaria/Tecnoplay Scramble pinball
    1987 Zaccaria/Tecnoplay X Force pinball
    1987 Zaccaria Spooky pinball
    1968 Bally Joker EM pinball
    1967 Bally Rocket III EM pinball
    1960s reverse wedgehead Williams
    1977 Sonic Butterfly EM pinball
    1977 Sonic Joker's Wild EM pinball
    1978 Sonic Birdman EM pinball
    1978 Sonic Jai Alai EM pinball
    1985 Sonic Odin Deluxe EM pinball
    1980 Hankin Empire Strikes Back pinball
    1980 Hankin Shark pinball
    1989 Dataeast Playboy 35th Anniversary pinball
    1989 Gottlieb/Premier Lights Camera Action pinball
    1991 Gottlieb/Premier Cactus Jack pinball
    1982 Bally Mr & Mrs Pacman pinball
    1982 Williams Defender pinball
    1982 Williams Cosmic Gunfight pinball

Dayhuff had a Playboy for sale, not sure if he still does.

#315 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

I have these but only for trade...

#316 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I have these but only for trade...

To bad your are banned from the State of Michigan. Maybe someone can trade you a car full of hoodies in the state just south.

#317 6 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

To bad your are banned from the State of Michigan. Maybe someone can trade you a car full of hoodies in the state just south.

you MI guys are cute...

#318 6 years ago

Maybe we can all get our picture taken with Predator and split the $500 reward from Whysnow

#319 6 years ago

Only 32 days until the 2018 VFW Pinball Showcase.....

RTMWTOHWLJN6156565 (resized).PNGRTMWTOHWLJN6156565 (resized).PNG

#320 6 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^ someone is more excited than me

#321 6 years ago

Ooooooooo Is that Firefly gonna be ready? I'm excited.

#322 6 years ago
    Quoted from paddlepaw:

Ooooooooo Is that Firefly gonna be ready? I'm excited.

Is Firefly a real game? I don't see it on IPDB.

#323 6 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

Is Firefly a real game? I don't see it on IPDB.

From the Harry Williams design archives. The IPDB is not the be-all, end-all....

#324 6 years ago

We're you able to get Mundial 90 going? I want to play it with a working disc!

#325 6 years ago

Another bump if someone has a Friday EM tourney ticket available....

#326 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

From the Harry Williams design archives. The IPDB is not the be-all, end-all....

Was this game set up as a whitewood last year?

#327 6 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

Was this game set up as a whitewood last year?

No. That was Typhoon.

#328 6 years ago

how many days now MrBally?

#329 6 years ago

Only 31 days until the 2018 VFW Pinball Showcase.

Thar's snowmobiles on the Mackinac Bridge!

Screenshot_20161217-112222_1481995908248 (resized).pngScreenshot_20161217-112222_1481995908248 (resized).png

#330 6 years ago

hey! I heard that there was going to be a saturday night tourney. how come you haven't posted any information on this? is a "secret" tournament?

ps
    I also heard that the VFW members running this supposed secret tourney are really cool

#331 6 years ago

Secret tourney? Do you need to know a secret handshake to get in?

#332 6 years ago

Secret Tourney? Do you need to know all the people running it to get in?

#333 6 years ago

What happens at the secret vfw tourney stays at the secret vfw tourney

#334 6 years ago

As long as what happened to this cake doesn't happen to any trophy, all will be well....

Screenshot_20180403-145601 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180403-145601 (resized).png

#335 6 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

Look for my crappy white Jeep. I'm bringing some Boss Tweed if I don't kill it all by then, what an awesome beer.

At least one of the guys that make Old Nation beers will be there with me (I'm a pro brewer as well and I usually have about 4-8 other pro brewers with me). Last year Boss Tweed had just been released and we drank it all day during parking lot breaks. We always bring a lot of good beer with us. And yes, that means Pabst (along with a lot of other stuff).

Would Pinsiders like to pick a time on Saturday to have a meet and greet together? Just step out front or whatever and say hello. I'd love to be able to put names and faces together! I'm just throwing it out there.

Can't wait!

#336 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

If someone needs a ticket or two let me know. i get people that return tickets because their work/vacation/life has changed, and they can't come.

I’ll take one. Friday night if possible.

#337 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallKid:

At least one of the guys that make Old Nation beers will be there with me (I'm a pro brewer as well and I usually have about 4-8 other pro brewers with me). Last year Boss Tweed had just been released and we drank it all day during parking lot breaks. We always bring a lot of good beer with us. And yes, that means Pabst (along with a lot of other stuff).
    Would Pinsiders like to pick a time on Saturday to have a meet and greet together? Just step out front or whatever and say hello. I'd love to be able to put names and faces together! I'm just throwing it out there.
    Can't wait!

Boss Tweed is great. M-43 is no slouch either. Love the hazy IPAs.

#338 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Secret tourney? Do you need to know a secret handshake to get in?

No, you need the secret decoder ring. Then use it on Clays's posts.
    But also have to know which ring to use on each post.

ring (resized).pngring (resized).png
    ring2 (resized).jpgring2 (resized).jpg
    ring2a (resized).jpgring2a (resized).jpg
    linex (resized).JPGlinex (resized).JPG

ring (resized).jpgring (resized).jpg

#339 6 years ago

Featured alternate......

20180403_170041 (resized).jpg20180403_170041 (resized).jpg

#340 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallKid:

Can't wait!

I’m down for a time to meet up. If you are a brewer there, could you sneak out some growlers of creamsicle or strawberry tart m43? Had it at Ashley’s during throw down and it was amazing!!!! Wish you guys would can that!!!

#341 6 years ago

Tried M-43 for the first time back in January when I visited a Brighton friend. Probably the best IPA I've ever tasted, especially since I'm not a fan of the piney west coast stuff. Definitely gonna track some of that down on VFW weekend.

#342 6 years ago

One day I'll get over "craft" beer in cans.
    Hopefully it will be the day I die.

#343 6 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Tried M-43 for the first time back in January when I visited a Brighton friend. Probably the best IPA I've ever tasted, especially since I'm not a fan of the piney west coast stuff. Definitely gonna track some of that down on VFW weekend.

Most Meijer and Kroger carry it now and have the best prices. just stop there.

#344 6 years ago

good thing you need a decoder ring since I have mine from ovaltine!! that means I can get in.

as for a time to meet up. if I am not going to be in the tournament, I will be in the parking lot at 9:30 starting with a kbs since it is a breakfast stout

#345 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

good thing you need a decoder ring since I have mine from ovaltine!! that means I can get in.
    as for a time to meet up. if I am not going to be in the tournament, I will be in the parking lot at 9:30 starting with a kbs since it is a breakfast stout

Save me one!

#346 6 years ago

Where is the smoking section?

#347 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Where is the smoking section?

By the bee hives.

#348 6 years ago

<blockquote

Quoted from TheLaw:By the bee hives.

I'll bring brownies

#349 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

<blockquote

I'll bring brownies

Brownies go nicely with beer!!!

#350 6 years ago

30 days to the 2018 VFW Pinball Showcase....

20161014_202532 (resized).jpg20161014_202532 (resized).jpg

There are 944 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2018/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.