Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 944 posts
  • 121 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Beyndtstng
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

82e470e35f6ea3efde948faf01d76963a7f38b13.png (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180508-184445 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180508-184541 (resized).png
    365 (resized).jpg
    buckeyes-leaves (resized).jpg
    A29996CB-7219-47D5-A896-4369DA3380A6 (resized).jpeg
    20180505_173320 (resized).jpg
    20180505_125903 (resized).jpg
    7A881700-844F-4851-AAF4-EE043D2463D6 (resized).jpeg
    5566DFEA-D6A6-4B69-83DF-B7D48CDB51DB (resized).jpeg
    97F46012-DD8C-4340-AD4C-B32A0755B08A (resized).jpeg
    33B66D2B-B075-4DE4-9B9D-74461872F5A1 (resized).jpeg
    A93331B3-62A9-47E9-875C-040A4BF4BD98 (resized).jpeg
    20180504_194122 (resized).jpg
    yacs (resized).PNG
    20180504_153227 (resized).jpg
    There are 944 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 19.
    #151 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

10K by X-Mass!

5K before Easter.... note X-Mass will be too late

#152 6 years ago

cfh

I just called the Best Western. They wanted to charge me initially 119.00 per night (getting 4 rooms), then said he would drop to 109.00 When I advised him that VFW was advertising 90.00 per night, he told me that there has been no arrangements made. Suggested that someone from VFW call to set up a special rate.

Can you or one of your crew look into this? Many thanks in advance.

#153 6 years ago

they raised their rates!

#154 6 years ago

Got my ticket for Saturday

#155 6 years ago

Mini-bike parade on saturday at 2pm!

#156 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Is this a regular parade of little bikes? Or a little parade of regular bikes?

#157 6 years ago

I guess you’ll have to wait-and-see

#158 6 years ago

I hope it's the Shriners mini-bikes. I love those guys.

#159 6 years ago

No it’s the vfw mini bikes!

168BC554-308B-4FF4-AE61-286B947FA4F8 (resized).jpeg168BC554-308B-4FF4-AE61-286B947FA4F8 (resized).jpeg
    D60DB5EC-F4E9-4FC7-97B6-2F157B490D27 (resized).jpegD60DB5EC-F4E9-4FC7-97B6-2F157B490D27 (resized).jpeg
    118C815D-4F96-47C4-9467-B64B44C59788 (resized).jpeg118C815D-4F96-47C4-9467-B64B44C59788 (resized).jpeg

#160 6 years ago

Even has Electric start.

#161 6 years ago

IMG954262 (resized).jpgIMG954262 (resized).jpg

#162 6 years ago

b3cd96fb5fc1751e75da4426489bb0c9--funny-pics-funny-shit (resized).jpgb3cd96fb5fc1751e75da4426489bb0c9--funny-pics-funny-shit (resized).jpg

#163 6 years ago

gettothechoppa (resized).jpggettothechoppa (resized).jpg

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I hope it's the Shriners mini-bikes.

I guess that VFW is a pinball shrine, so VFW mini-bikes is a kind of shriners mini-bikes.

#165 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Sounds like an excellent opportunity to enhance my skills with a paintball device. Can't wait!

#166 6 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Sounds like an excellent opportunity to enhance my skills with a paintball device. Can't wait!

Ahhh THAT'S what I can do with my old Auto-cocker

#167 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ahhh THAT'S what I can do with my old Auto-cocker

Sounds dirty

.................. I like it

#168 6 years ago

Looking for one ticket for Friday’s tournament. PM me if you have one to sell.

Thanks!

#169 6 years ago

There are TWO tickets left for saturday...
    friday and sunday still have a fair number of tickets though.

#170 6 years ago

Well I guess I can’t wait any longer.

#171 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

There are TWO tickets left for saturday...
    friday and sunday still have a fair number of tickets though.

You should consider adding your show to the Pinside events page.

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/add

#172 6 years ago
    Quoted from cletus:

You should consider adding your show to the Pinside events page.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/events/add

I've completed this for clay (maybe this will bump me from "rust" to "tin" status @ the club

2 weeks later
    #173 6 years ago

Hey folks, I'm looking for tickets for Fri/Sat and the Fri tourney, if anyone ends up not being able to use theirs and would consider parting with them shoot me a PM. Thanks!

#174 6 years ago

Just made hotel reservations. Best Western almost sold out. Approx 10 rooms left.

#175 6 years ago

There are not a lot of tickets available for Friday and Sunday. Just guessing but probably by April all tickets will probably be gone. Just keep that in mind if you want to come. There will be some tickets "walk up" available on each of the days. But they will be more expensive and limited in numbers. So if you want to come, get a ticket. Heck if you find out later you can't go, they are pretty sell-able.

#176 6 years ago

Cancer Rob getting ready for the pinball show and saturday minibike parade....

cancerchop (resized).jpgcancerchop (resized).jpg

#177 6 years ago

Just keep him away from that stack of playfield glass......

#178 6 years ago

yeah, we need to put him in charge of something that he can't harm this year, like the hot dog and hamburger buns

#179 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

yeah, we need to put him in charge of something that he can't harm this year, like the hot dog and hamburger buns

No way Elvis has the grill area covered and he does a damn fine job too

#180 6 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

No way Elvis has the grill area covered and he does a damn fine job too

"elvis" can continue to control the grill (he does a fine job and I wouldn't want to take that it away from him). we'll just make rob his little "mr. slave" for the buns and condiments

should be get rob a gimp outfit to fit the part?

#181 6 years ago

I'll do nothing per usual and watch you monkeys dance around.

#182 6 years ago

Any pics of this years t-shirt yet?

#183 6 years ago

T-shirt reveal coming very soon.....just need to finalize a couple of late design updates.

Thanks,
    EV

#184 6 years ago

Any one have an extra EM tournament ticket?

I've been to the show each year previous, but decided I'd like to try the tourney this year. Of course, long after they're sold out...

#185 6 years ago

Looking for a Saturday ticket.

Thanks.

#186 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Looking for a Saturday ticket.
    Thanks.

Same here. I was able to get a ticket for Friday and Sunday, but not Saturday.
    Really wish this place was open more than once a year - anyone know the guy with the key? I'd like to buy that guy a beer and be his new best friend.

#187 6 years ago
    Quoted from Asylum:

Looking for one ticket for Friday’s tournament. PM me if you have one to sell.

Still looking for 1 ticket for Fridays EM tournament... thanks

#188 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballogist:

Same here. I was able to get a ticket for Friday and Sunday, but not Saturday.
    Really wish this place was open more than once a year - anyone know the guy with the key? I'd like to buy that guy a beer and be his new best friend.

it would take a lot more than a beer unless you're a hot chick. sorry buddy

#189 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

it would take a lot more than a beer unless you're a hot chick. sorry buddy

It was kind of a joke. A figure of speech? Sorry that it wasn't more clear, buddy.
    If they didn't want to be friends, that'd be okay too.
    The venue is nearby and I'd just like to help out where I can/play some pinball.
    And judging by the photos above, I'm not so sure being a "hot chick" is exactly a prerequisite..

Hope everyone has fun

#190 6 years ago

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be "hot chick" pass for entry. (or if there is, can i get one??)
    But there may be for "hot chick-en and chips!" They work really hard keeping everything in good repair, and they can get pretty hungry...

#191 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballogist:

It was kind of a joke. A figure of speech? Sorry that it wasn't more clear, buddy.
    If they didn't want to be friends, that'd be okay too.
    The venue is nearby and I'd just like to help out where I can/play some pinball.
    And judging by the photos above, I'm not so sure being a "hot chick" is exactly a prerequisite..
    Hope everyone has fun

Talk to Clay about helping and getting in, he might want to replace some of the DeadBeats!

#192 6 years ago

All,

Official T-Shirt orders are now live!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vfw-aapm-2018-showcase-official-t-shirts-now-available-for-pre-order

Please head over and check out all the details....

Thanks,
    EV

VFW Showcase Shirts 2018 Overall (resized).jpgVFW Showcase Shirts 2018 Overall (resized).jpg

VFW Club Shirts 2018 Overall (resized).jpgVFW Club Shirts 2018 Overall (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #193 6 years ago

Still hoping to find an em gun game for parking lot buy, or any decent pins i havent owned. Have a williams world cup i could trade/sell or a spy hunter project as well. (Left flippers dont work, displays slightly garbled, needs shopped)

#194 6 years ago

I highly suggest getting your tickets for the show now. There's only about 30 tickets left for Sunday, and 20 left for Friday. Saturday has long been sold out. YES there will be *some* tickets available the day of the show, at the door. But the price will be significantly higher than the pre-show price. And the quantities limited. So if you want to go, get tickets now. If for some reason you can't attend, i haven't seen anyone have any problems selling their unused ticket before the show...

remember there's not too many shows that have 400+ unique titles, playing and working pins. no duplicates. It really is a fun event. And we don't ask (beg) people to bring games, so you know the numbers are there. Heck you can even go see pictures and game titles now. I can't think of any show that has that available. Just something to think about...

thanks!
    www.vfwpinball.com

#195 6 years ago

Looked the pin list over and it appears there are at least 12-15 new members to the VFW clan
    Mostly Bally single and multi-players from the 60s & 70s
    which is great since those are fairly rare breed.
    Wish I was going again this year
    maybe next year.
    Maybe you can find some 60s Williams pins to fill the void, if you have any room left.

#196 6 years ago

Over last year's show, there are FIFTY new games.

#197 6 years ago

How many tickets do you allocate for each day? The big sell for me is the lack of lines. I went to TPF last year but I was standing in line to even play a Harlem Globetrotters which is why I didn’t attend this year.

#198 6 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

How many tickets do you allocate for each day? The big sell for me is the lack of lines. I went to TPF last year but I was standing in line to even play a Harlem Globetrotters which is why I didn’t attend this year.

There are always lines for all the good games at VFW. If you like older stuff and EMs then you pretty much have free range. If you really want to have less lines, then I suggest going on Friday and play in the EM tourney. Purposefully get knocked out early and then you get to go into the main collection and play with pretty much zero lines.

Friday Afternoon and all day Saturday are a zoo with butt to butt play as you walk through the aisles. Great collection and beautifully maintained, but the A and B list stuff will have lines to play for the majority of the show.

#199 6 years ago

or just get there when the show opens on a given day

typically, there are about 30-50 people waiting when we open the doors, but given that there are now 400 machines to play, you would probably only have to wait behind one person to play a game

as the day progresses, the popular [and well known] titles tend to draw more people but I still don't remember people having to wait more than 3 games to play something (definitely, a lot better than waiting 2 hours in line at cedar point to ride a 30-second long roller coaster ride!

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

or just get there when the show opens on a given day
    typically, there are about 30-50 people waiting when we open the doors, but given that there are now 400 machines to play, you would probably only have to wait behind one person to play a game
    as the day progresses, the popular [and well known] titles tend to draw more people but I still don't remember people having to wait more than 3 games to play something

yeah, great advice. I found if you get there at doors open and head straight for the A listers then you get lots of play in. After the crowd arrives, head for the lessor titles and avoid the longer lines.

There are 944 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2018/page/4?hl=michigandad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.