Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 944 posts
  • 121 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Beyndtstng
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

82e470e35f6ea3efde948faf01d76963a7f38b13.png (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180508-184445 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180508-184541 (resized).png
    365 (resized).jpg
    buckeyes-leaves (resized).jpg
    A29996CB-7219-47D5-A896-4369DA3380A6 (resized).jpeg
    20180505_173320 (resized).jpg
    20180505_125903 (resized).jpg
    7A881700-844F-4851-AAF4-EE043D2463D6 (resized).jpeg
    5566DFEA-D6A6-4B69-83DF-B7D48CDB51DB (resized).jpeg
    97F46012-DD8C-4340-AD4C-B32A0755B08A (resized).jpeg
    33B66D2B-B075-4DE4-9B9D-74461872F5A1 (resized).jpeg
    A93331B3-62A9-47E9-875C-040A4BF4BD98 (resized).jpeg
    20180504_194122 (resized).jpg
    yacs (resized).PNG
    20180504_153227 (resized).jpg

There are 944 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 19.
    #751 5 years ago

Got my Saturday ticket, can't wait!
    Awesome line up of machines that I am pretty sure is unrivalled in the world.
    Terry.

#752 5 years ago

Here's a guy with 2 saturday tickets...
    dlm0218 at yahoo dot come

#753 5 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

I will take the playboy Glass
    Bob E.

It's yours

#754 5 years ago

Just went through and cleaned Defender. I will be bringing this for free play to the VFW.

There are plenty of rare games already there, and I though I would give some people that have never played this an opportunity.

Defender_2018_05-03 (resized).jpgDefender_2018_05-03 (resized).jpg

#755 5 years ago
    Quoted from Defender:

Just went through and cleaned Defender. I will be bringing this for free play to the VFW.
    There are plenty of rare games already there, and I though I would give some people that have never played this an opportunity.

This game just got a release on Virtual Pinball and plays pretty great, I would like to play the real one so I will take a look for it, thanks.

#756 5 years ago
    Quoted from Defender:

that's incredibly awesome of you greg. remind me to bring you a nice beer

#757 5 years ago

Beer is good. How about a nice, dark stout?

#758 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

that's incredibly awesome of you greg. remind me to bring you a nice beer

I dropped you a PM yesterday j_m_, hoping you had a chance to read it.

#759 5 years ago
    Quoted from Defender:

... Defender ... I though I would give some people that have never played this an opportunity.

Much appreciated. I am in that group and looking forward to playing for the first time (And second and third and...)!

#760 5 years ago

Now we just need someone to bring Krull

#761 5 years ago
    Quoted from Defender:

how about a nice imperial milkshake stout?

Quoted from roar:

I dropped you a PM yesterday j_m_, hoping you had a chance to read it.

yep, check your email inbox

#762 5 years ago

One day until Showtime! There's always something new at the VFW
    Safe travels everyone.

#763 5 years ago
    Quoted from tatman9999:

Anyone have a extra ticket for Saturday and me a message

Quoted from cfh:

I guy just contacted me with 4 saturday tickets. he has a funeral and can't come. email him if anyone can use them.
    busterjg7199 at gmail dot come

clay just posted this if you need saturday tickets email [email protected]

#764 5 years ago

I have one Saturday ticket available if anyone needs one.

#765 5 years ago
    Quoted from mmuglia:

I have one Saturday ticket available if anyone needs one.

pinsider tatman9999 needs one shoot him a pm

#766 5 years ago

Hey Saturday peeps, I still like the idea of a Pinsider meetup, just to put names and faces together. Anybody want to throw out a time? Wouldn't take long and we could just meet on the grassy knoll between the main room and the snack bar.

I've got 15 in my crew, but only 3 or 4 of us are Pinsiders.

Let me know what you all think!

#767 5 years ago

I was up for the tacky stick on name tags fpr Pinsiders.

#768 5 years ago

Selling a HUO RZ $5000 OBO.
    FREE DELIVERY TO THE SHOW!

#769 5 years ago

On our way!

49CBFA16-D384-4925-A0E1-3EDB0ACE791F (resized).jpeg49CBFA16-D384-4925-A0E1-3EDB0ACE791F (resized).jpeg

#770 5 years ago
    Quoted from Defender:

Let us know what the rules are. We couldn’t figure this one out in Banning.

#771 5 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallKid:

Hey Saturday peeps, I still like the idea of a Pinsider meetup, just to put names and faces together. Anybody want to throw out a time? Wouldn't take long and we could just meet on the grassy knoll between the main room and the snack bar.
    I've got 15 in my crew, but only 3 or 4 of us are Pinsiders.
    Let me know what you all think!

sounds good. I'll be there around 7:30am (cleaning games) and will be the one with the super big gulp margarita!

#772 5 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

excellent. greg and I will take you guys on @ $10 a man

#773 5 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallKid:

Hey Saturday peeps, I still like the idea of a Pinsider meetup, just to put names and faces together. Anybody want to throw out a time?

I know where I'll be at 4:20 just follow the aroma if you want to join me

#774 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

wtf?!? that basement is a pigsty. get it organized!!!
    -cfh

I don't have minions to do it for me.
    Wait....are you giving me crap about a messy basement?

#775 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

excellent. greg and I will take you guys on @ $10 a man

I'm up for that challenge.

#776 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I know where I'll be at 4:20 just follow the aroma if you want to join me

how about 4:30?....

#777 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cycloneman:

how about 4:30?....

I'm sure I'll still be there

#778 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'm sure I'll still be there

lol!!!!!

#779 5 years ago

I'll be there the whole show with a vfw shirt on of some sort. Many know me so just ask for Gravitar while there.

#780 5 years ago

If anybody has has a zaccaria seven digit score display assembly complete, and can bring it to the show, I would sure love to buy that from you. If you have two that’s even better. Thanks
    [email protected]

#781 5 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Beyndtstng - Rules are quite a good port of the video game rules to a pinball. Best if you already know the rules to the vid.

The Drop Targets are the landers. When the insert in front of the drop target flashes, the lander has captured one of your humanoids. It flashes faster right before the lander turns into a mutant. When the lander is a mutant, the drop target drops, and the insert is still flashing. Shoot the stand up target behind the drop to kill it. Keep missing the mutant, and it moves to another stand up target.

Cool part: Each drop can be individually raised (lots of solenoids!) so the landers pop up randomly.

Kill all the landers / mutants, and finish the wave.

Completing the rollovers up top adds bonus X, relights REVERSE (see below) and gives a smart bomb. Smart bombs kill everything. Use the second button on the right above the flipper button to use the smart bomb. Tip: I often hit the smart bomb immediately after draining, before the bonus. Might kill enough to finish a wave.

Kickback is manual (called REVERSE like in the vid). Use the second button on the left to use the reverse (kickback). Timing is EVERYTHING. Cool shot: If you drain from the center and the ball rolls up near the left outlane, hit the REVERSE and get your ball back!

Lock is the scoop on the right. 3 Balls starts multiball. No jackpot - just 3 balls. Fun shot to try: ricochet the ball off the right drop targets, and it goes up past the upper left flipper, then hit from the upper left flipper into the lock.

Warning: If you lock, and there are already 2 balls in the lock (from another player perhaps), the ball will not come out from the shooter lane, but from the lock. Pay attention, or you will just watch your ball drain.

2 inline drops in the upper left enable warp to higher wave. Drop both drops, then hit the standup to warp. Each drop is like shooting a POD, and enables baiters. Baiters are the stand ups on the right by the lock. Kill them all twice to enable the diverter in the right outlane which send the ball back to the shooter lane.

A shame they only made 359 of these. Great game. Once you know it, its an excellent tournament or dollar game.

#782 5 years ago

Blimpy burger with seven patties, solid meal!

4797467C-8676-4ECF-A37C-A30CFD5F6FCE (resized).jpeg4797467C-8676-4ECF-A37C-A30CFD5F6FCE (resized).jpeg

#783 5 years ago
    Quoted from Defender:

Beyndtstng - Rules are quite a good port of the video game rules to a pinball. Best if you already know the rules to the vid.
    The Drop Targets are the landers. When the insert in front of the drop target flashes, the lander has captured one of your humanoids. It flashes faster right before the lander turns into a mutant. When the lander is a mutant, the drop target drops, and the insert is still flashing. Shoot the stand up target behind the drop to kill it. Keep missing the mutant, and it moves to another stand up target.
    Cool part: Each drop can be individually raised (lots of solenoids!) so the landers pop up randomly.
    Kill all the landers / mutants, and finish the wave.
    Completing the rollovers up top adds bonus X, relights REVERSE (see below) and gives a smart bomb. Smart bombs kill everything. Use the second button on the right above the flipper button to use the smart bomb. Tip: I often hit the smart bomb immediately after draining, before the bonus. Might kill enough to finish a wave.
    Kickback is manual (called REVERSE like in the vid). Use the second button on the left to use the reverse (kickback). Timing is EVERYTHING. Cool shot: If you drain from the center and the ball rolls up near the left outlane, hit the REVERSE and get your ball back!
    Lock is the scoop on the right. 3 Balls starts multiball. No jackpot - just 3 balls. Fun shot to try: ricochet the ball off the right drop targets, and it goes up past the upper left flipper, then hit from the upper left flipper into the lock.
    Warning: If you lock, and there are already 2 balls in the lock (from another player perhaps), the ball will not come out from the shooter lane, but from the lock. Pay attention, or you will just watch your ball drain.
    2 inline drops in the upper left enable warp to higher wave. Drop both drops, then hit the standup to warp. Each drop is like shooting a POD, and enables baiters. Baiters are the stand ups on the right by the lock. Kill them all twice to enable the diverter in the right outlane which send the ball back to the shooter lane.
    A shame they only made 359 of these. Great game. Once you know it, its an excellent tournament or dollar game.

Fantastic explanation, looking forward to playing one with a working reverse.

#784 5 years ago
    Quoted from Defender:

just find me and I will be drinking imperial stouts all day

#785 5 years ago

Anyone selling a used iron maiden as I might be interested. Have a restored Monopoly for sale as trade bait check marketplace.

#786 5 years ago

Unfortunately a last minute work deal is keeping me from coming tomorrow. I will be there Saturday. But I have one EM tournament ticket for tomorrow and two Friday show tickets. Would prefer to sell together. PM me if you want them. Face value of course. Thanks.

#787 5 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

No EGG!!

WTF?

I hope you followed proper ordering procedures.

#788 5 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Where's the 7 layers of bacon
    Nothing like smothering a cow with some pig

#789 5 years ago

Is that salami?

Screenshot_2018-05-03-22-38-39-1 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2018-05-03-22-38-39-1 (resized).jpg

#790 5 years ago

Lots of rain tonight, so we're assured of the traditional 'mud-pit' parking lot!

#791 5 years ago

Asylum, PM sent for EM tourney ticket

#792 5 years ago
    Quoted from alec_p:

Lots of rain tonight, so we're assured of the traditional 'mud-pit' parking lot!

See post 564 in this thread.....

#793 5 years ago

Firefly is done(ish) and will be heading to the show tomorrow.

Everything works EXCEPT for anything related to the on-playfield bonus accumulating/scoring. That was just a bridge too far in the time I had. I'll get the game back sometime after the show and finish that up so it should be all good by Expo. The game is actually pretty fun! My son (who has been playing pins since before he could see over the lockdown bar) was flipping it a bit the other night and I had to pry him off of it and send him home so I could get back to work on it. In addition to the magnets, Harry put together a wickedly frenetic set of bumpers and slings up top. The Ball Is Wild.

#794 5 years ago

Highly recommend the liquid cocaine shot at the brown jug, six times is much better than one.

#795 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Is that salami?

It was bacon. I’m not much of a salami guy but you could probably convince me to go back for it. I may go for a 10 patty next time!

#796 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

See post 564 in this thread.....

Nice! I might be more excited to see the new parking lot than anything else!

#797 5 years ago
    Quoted from alec_p:

Nice! I might be more excited to see the new parking lot than anything else!

You should be excited to see where we put the additional games added since the last show......

See you there.

#798 5 years ago

Who’s ready for dollar games?

BD8BD7F8-B6A4-430C-AB78-3805F22CDA65 (resized).jpegBD8BD7F8-B6A4-430C-AB78-3805F22CDA65 (resized).jpeg

#799 5 years ago

Leaving Toronto shortly....

See you all tomorrow !!

#800 5 years ago

Anyone know why 696 is closed? Is it temporary or will it still be shut down in a few hours?

There are 944 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2018/page/16?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.