Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 944 posts
  • 121 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Beyndtstng
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

82e470e35f6ea3efde948faf01d76963a7f38b13.png (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180508-184445 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180508-184541 (resized).png
    365 (resized).jpg
    buckeyes-leaves (resized).jpg
    A29996CB-7219-47D5-A896-4369DA3380A6 (resized).jpeg
    20180505_173320 (resized).jpg
    20180505_125903 (resized).jpg
    7A881700-844F-4851-AAF4-EE043D2463D6 (resized).jpeg
    5566DFEA-D6A6-4B69-83DF-B7D48CDB51DB (resized).jpeg
    97F46012-DD8C-4340-AD4C-B32A0755B08A (resized).jpeg
    33B66D2B-B075-4DE4-9B9D-74461872F5A1 (resized).jpeg
    A93331B3-62A9-47E9-875C-040A4BF4BD98 (resized).jpeg
    20180504_194122 (resized).jpg
    yacs (resized).PNG
    20180504_153227 (resized).jpg
    There are 944 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 19.
    #551 6 years ago
    Quoted from freegame450:

This would be a better way to go.

Man, that is Steam Punk awesome!!!!!!!!!!

#552 6 years ago

This sign, from non-other than Pinconning, Michigan; tells the number of days until the 2018 show....

20180421_175535 (resized).jpg20180421_175535 (resized).jpg

#553 5 years ago

Looking for: Alien Poker flyer, Colour Stern Nascar manual, nos test car (someone may have one).
    Could also use some wall hanger arcade marquees. I prefer ones that have a picture and the game name. Wouldn't mind a deal for 5 or 10 (request: donkey kong, mat mania, smash tv, robotron, hyper olympics)

Attending saturday
    Send me a PM

#554 5 years ago

Just this many days left until the 2018 Showcase...

Screenshot_20180422-170107 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180422-170107 (resized).png

#555 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Just this many days left until the 2018 Sow....

Should there be an "h" or "n" between the "S" and "o"?

#556 5 years ago

Looking for a Hook, let me know if you have one or know someone looking to sell one. Thanks

#557 5 years ago

Final days countdown... bump... looking for Friday EM tourney ticket, if someone can't attend. Thanks!

#558 5 years ago

This many days left til the big event

20180422_183028 (resized).jpg20180422_183028 (resized).jpg

#559 5 years ago

Forgive me if this was already asked/answered or discussed;
    but Does Duncan Brown have any new games
    (from Harry W's lost files like Typhoon from last year)
    that are going to appear at the VFW show next month?
    Is it Firefly or will it be a game with a 4 rotating target assembly?

#560 5 years ago

I think it's Firefly, as long as it's ready, was mentioned earlier.

#561 5 years ago

Putting up my Monopoly for sale.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-monopoly-15

Can be seen during Showcase weekend, but I am working the entire show so it would have to be outside of those hours.

Thanks,
    EV

#562 5 years ago

Though this show is sold out, I’ve had some people turn some tickets in Because something has come up and they cannot attend. can be recycled to other people.

Friday 8 tickets
    Saturday 6 tickets
    Sunday 11 tickets

If you’re interested, these are available at face value. But you must direct email me [email protected]

#563 5 years ago

Days to go...

FB3D528D-95C1-4B35-8725-94E7FDE06E77-5786-00000B4F7EBC1F48 (resized).jpegFB3D528D-95C1-4B35-8725-94E7FDE06E77-5786-00000B4F7EBC1F48 (resized).jpeg

#564 5 years ago

The upgraded guest parking lot is now ready for visitors to the show in ten days....

tractor1 (resized).jpgtractor1 (resized).jpg

#565 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

The upgraded guest parking lot is now ready for visitors to the show in ten days....

don't show them where the bodies are buried!!!

#566 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I don't mind parking on top of them.

#567 5 years ago

I thought he was tilling the weed garden

#568 5 years ago

It is Ann Arbor after all.

#569 5 years ago

I have a ticket for Saturday that I no longer have time to go. PM me if interested. Selling for what I paid $40

#570 5 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

It is Ann Arbor after all.

I'm the only Ann Arbor thing aboot this place.

#571 5 years ago

Ann Arbor and Green Oak Township are world's apart

#572 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Quoted from j_m_:

Don't bury him out there or will still hear him complain

#573 5 years ago

The 1957 Bally Carnival is ready for the 2018 Ann Arbor show. Carnival was one of only three models of pinball machines made by Bally in the 1950s (Bally concentrated on gambling devices like Bingos during that time). The game has a couple very unique features. One is the arcing four flippers. When 'flipped', the flipper move normally, but also move in an arc. The other unique feature is the 'pussy snapper', in the center of the playfield. Spelling CARN will open the snapper. Putting the ball into the snapper will give the player the incremental bonus. Then the ball is ejected out of the snapper, to the point
    where it often hits the top glass! The 1957 Bally Carnival is a really rare game, and one that is hard to find in any sort of decent condition.

bly_carnival1 (resized).jpgbly_carnival1 (resized).jpg

#574 5 years ago

I have one Saturday ticket available. $40 which is face value. PM me.

#575 5 years ago

Etiquette question: My wife and I are newer to pinball. We are attending the show on Sunday, and on top of enjoying the collection we want to try some older machines we are considering purchasing (later).

Is it okay for two people to wait and use a machine and play two players together at the VFW or similar shows? I assume as long as the player is 1 per credit it is ok... I was put off by single players playing 4 games at a time at the show in Kalamazoo. Playing together allows us to compare notes real time.

Likely a stupid question, but I appreciate any insight.

#576 5 years ago

You are fine to play 1 credit per player, when done playing look around to make sure no one is waiting and if not play again.the only problem is when it's crowded finding a spot to stand and wait your turn can be challenging.me and my wife will play together early or late in the day but during peak hours we play solo.

#577 5 years ago
    Quoted from MichiganDad:

I was put off by single players playing 4 games at a time at the show in Kalamazoo.

Yeah, single players playing multi-player games is a dick move.
    Multiple players playing multi-player games (one player each person) is cool and fun.

#578 5 years ago

Single person, multiple player games get shut off and freed up for others

#579 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

the only problem is when it's crowded finding a spot to stand and wait your turn can be challenging.

Doubly hard, when you are a big man
    hey Danny.
    Good luck on the EM tourney!

#580 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh man, I hope I'm able to witness this in person, that would be priceless. I don't recall seeing single person 4-player games before last year's show.

#581 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Do you mean single person playing multiple games on one machine as most solid state and newer games are multiple player

#582 5 years ago

Nah
    You are talking about theLAW
    and the Law makes no mistakes.

#583 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

where it often hits the top glass!

was it supposed to hit the glass?

#584 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Doubly hard, when you are a big man
    hey Danny.
    Good luck on the EM tourney!

I'm more of a kid but I am big.I'm going for blood this year(top 25%)lol

#585 5 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

Do you mean single person playing multiple games on one machine as most solid state and newer games are multiple player

Nope he's laying down the law this year and randomly resetting games if you don't have personal security it should add to the fun

#586 5 years ago

For reference.....

Screenshot_20180425-123452 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180425-123452 (resized).png

#587 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

For reference.....

very simple rules and cant wait to play

#588 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

For reference.....

I really, really think that all of the pinball shows and expos should post a similar sign to this one at their entrance.

#589 5 years ago

I don't think I've ever had to do it actually... I've never witnessed it myself

#590 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

For reference.....

Please add a rule for playing through the full game. At PATZ, I found myself adding a second player by accident a few times not realizing that a ball was in the shooter lane, or I had to drain or play someone else’s ball three which may have made it appear that I’d played more than one game.
    I also saw two losers playing a four player game at PATZ. It took me a few minutes, while waiting behind them, to figure out what was going on.

#591 5 years ago

Need to add with objectionable and offensive conduct objectionable and offensive smelling and no cropdusting (You can still sbd clay but only outside ) and if your a stinky mofo you will be asked to go

#592 5 years ago

Need porta-showers at all expos

#593 5 years ago
    Quoted from cletus:

Please add a rule for playing through the full game. At PATZ, I found myself adding a second player by accident a few times not realizing that a ball was in the shooter lane, or I had to drain or play someone else’s ball three which may have made it appear that I’d played more than one game.

One of the functions for the VFW Staff is to look over idle machines to see if in a Game Over status while walking the aisles. If not, just plunge balls or simply turn game off - wait a few seconds - turn back on. All for your pleasure.

#594 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

ahem! cough. cough.

#595 5 years ago

I think that we'll have to start a betting pool among the staff and see which one of lucky us slaves to clay, erm.. staff members gets to reset a game and shame someone for being inconsiderate

#596 5 years ago

Please go easy on ALIEN. It is my understanding that it will be difficult to obtain replacement parts for this particular machine.

#597 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't think I've ever had to do it actually... I've never witnessed it myself

Last year a single person was playing a four player game on Apollo 13... wanted to play it with my nephew so I was a little pissed but not worth arguing with so many games to play.

#598 5 years ago
    Quoted from newmantjn:

ahem! cough. cough.

Thought you were in Ypsi.

#599 5 years ago
    Quoted from newmantjn:

ahem! cough. cough.

I'll count your son.

Quoted from swillie:

Last year a single person was playing a four player game on Apollo 13...

Just tell me and I'll take care of it.

#600 5 years ago

At PATZ, games in Tournament Play are an area of confusion for new attendees. Many people who never participated in a pinball tournament or a pinball showcase were a tournament was being played don't understand how this works.
    You pay for the number of games you want to play, and then are supposed to get in line by requesting a number from a referee (someone with a tablet) and waiting for your turn, and then play only one game at a time. Nobody explains this to you or asks if you understand the rules when you pay to play a game in tournament. This doesn't mean the person was being selfish, just a newb.

There are 944 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2018/page/12?hl=paddlepaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.