Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 693 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    VFW 2018 Teaser (resized).JPG
    2018_vfwshow2_v2 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    111111111111111111 (resized).jpg
    brainbleach (resized).jpg
    far-side-cartoon-blah-blah-ginger (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170518_183905_752 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-05-17-14-20-43-1 (resized).png
    baby legs (resized).jpg
    20170505_165938_resized (resized).jpg
    20170507_114908 (resized).jpg
    20170507_101558 (resized).jpg
    terrific (resized).jpg
    p3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nsduprr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 7 years ago

Ticket are now available.

http://vfwpinball.com/

Last year sold out so make your plans early.

Doug D.
    VFW Member

#33 7 years ago

From the VFW web site:

“3RD ANNUAL EM WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS”, on Friday morning of the show at 10:30am. Note this is *before* the show opens, so there’s no problems with games being used in the tournament while the show is open.” For the $20 cost of the tournament, you get tournament play plus lunch plus early entry to the Friday showcase.

“There is also another tournament Saturday night, our “Poker/Pinball Tourney”, at 8pm. This tournament is a unique format and is played on EM and early solid state pinball machines. The show itself closes at pm, so this tournament does not interfere with the show.

No cash prizes, just trophies.

Tickets for both tournaments (limited to 64 players) are available on the web site. Last year both sold out before the show dates. For details and more information:

http://vfwpinball.com/?p=128

2 weeks later
    #65 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Clay - I feel very dumb right now - I never even thought to look at your web site for that info. Great job with web site also!
    But I do have one quick question for you. The covered outdoor vendor area - can a truck be backed right up to that? I am considering renting a big U-Haul truck and bringing a full load of project machines and parts out with me. If I do that I would likely bring my travel trailer along towing it with the U-haul. When I got to your place I could then just drop camper in camping area and put truck over by the covered vending area if that would work. I should probably just PM you but I figure some of this info might help others considering the show also. THANKS!

I can answer that for Clay. We have a new 2K sqft building right next to the parking lot for ANYONE wanting to bring games or parts for sale. The building is heated and will be 100% secure at night. Super easy to roll games in or out. It is currently being populated with VFW games but there's still lots of room left. Anyone wanting to sell out of a truck or trailer in the parking lot is also welcome. Space in the new building is first come first served and a reservation would be nice if your bringing more then a couple of game.

Doug D.
    VFW Member

#69 7 years ago

BTW: At the first show we did have a “covered outside vendor area” however that has since been converted to a secure climate controlled building. So the parking lot will be available for trucks, trailers pop up tents etc. but it is not “covered”

Doug D.
    VFW Member

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Someone bring an Alien Poker for me to play.
    I was nicely suprised by the WNBJM last year. It even had the fruit crate bottom.
    Fun game to play that is not worth buying (for me).
    I didn't bother with the new release pins as they always had lineups.

Alien Poker is now in the VFW line up.

Doug D.
    VFW Member

1 month later
    #168 6 years ago

Getting back to a previous post on food and drink available at the show:

There will be a concessions for food and soft drinks. Menu: Hot dogs, Sausage Dogs, Cheese Burgers, Pulled Pork Sandwiches (w/BBQ beans and slaw), snack chips & candy bars, soft drinks, water and coffee.

Tailgating is also welcome for those wishing to bring their own food or drinks.

For those wanting a more indulgent meal break, there are several restaurants 10 minutes north at the US-23 / Lee road exit (Buffalo Wild Wings, TGI Fridays, Olive Garden, Panera Bread, Johnny Carino's, Jameson's Irish Pub, Kerby Koney Island, Salsarita's Fresh Cantina)

Beyond the 10 minute range, there are multiple "higher end" meal opportunities nearby in Brighton and Ann Arbor.

Doug D.
    VFW Staff Member

#175 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

PDI? Invisiglass?

No. Just standard size. Limited quantities. Don't expect to be able pick up a dozen sheets.

Doug D.

#176 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Sorry to digress on sloes and BBB. I agree slows is not the best in the world. Pretty dang good and worth the trip and the wait for dinner. Also tucked in one of the newer sections of detriot it is interesting to note santRchy detriot starts right by sloes at the Irish place. Now my memory has failed.
    But I agree sloes is good. I'm not sure I have ever had the best. I cook a mean bbq so I usually skip meals of that type! And just cook my own. I know that near me here in Downey ca there are some amazing soul food hole in the walls near me I need to eat at.
    Thanks for calling me out, Bbq deserves its own thread.

...not to discourage anyone, but the drive to Slows in downtown Detroit from the VFW is 50 miles...one way... just saying...

#183 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No come and go as you please...you'll "have" to leave to see everything because there are 3 diff'rent buildings.
    There is food available in the snack shack onsite.

well... not exactly "leave". There are three buildings, a 15 foot door to door walk between them. Each person will have a show wrist band good for that days event. There is a different wrist band per day. You can come and go from the VFW property at will.

Doug D.
    VFW Staff Member

1 month later
    #283 6 years ago

I will have for sale at the show:

WMS Jack-Bot. 100% plug and play.
    WMS Fun House (1956 EM woodrail). Running but needs love.
    Midway Bull's Eye Wall game. Almost complete, missing the receiver, needs love.

Doug D.
    VFW Member

1 week later
    #494 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Funny you bring this up. I had to walk away from a couple games due to the stench. Was some nasty people there. Had a few guys that smelled like ass and feet. Come on guys

It must have been the BBQ beans that were on the menu at the Snack Shack !

#540 6 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

bring some air freshener with you. spray it when a bad scent is in the air. problem solved. if you smell a person who has pot or another smell on them, spray them. easy enough. you should not be forced to smell pot or other. gross.

I’m assuming you are trying to be funny. Spraying someone with an unknown substance without their permission can be considered assault. Under some circumstances, if the person was extremely allergic to cologne, you could end up being charged with manslaughter.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nsduprr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2017?tu=nsduprr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.