Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 693 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    VFW 2018 Teaser (resized).JPG
    2018_vfwshow2_v2 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    111111111111111111 (resized).jpg
    brainbleach (resized).jpg
    far-side-cartoon-blah-blah-ginger (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170518_183905_752 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-05-17-14-20-43-1 (resized).png
    baby legs (resized).jpg
    20170505_165938_resized (resized).jpg
    20170507_114908 (resized).jpg
    20170507_101558 (resized).jpg
    terrific (resized).jpg
    p3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Azmodeus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 7 years ago

I really wish I could go I am from Michigan originally.

Anyways I hope that I get to come to what sounds to be an amazing show, Someday from California now, I hope to get there.

My old favorite restaurants in the general area:

Hercs prime rib Ypsilanti.
    Forbidden city Chinese -Ypsilanti
    Cottage inn pizza-Ann arbor
    Bells pizza open all friggin night really open til like 4 am.

#83 7 years ago

Sad to hear about bells, I was there in a Monday night football night when the lions were on, a few years ago.

It was a very stormy night and seriously anyone in Ann Arbor was from there because they lived there except for us, a magic night that had pinball at whisky Petes, drinking at a nearby bar that was packed/ shoulder to shoulder. ended at bells pizza at about 4 am. Another one bites the dust.

4 weeks later
    #144 7 years ago

Guys and girls Ann arbor is so diverse in food and culture there is no other town to eat in that is better spent around there. Unless you drive to slows. (Slows bbq in detriot is I think rated best in the world). Maybe worth the long drive.

Ann Arbor is one of the coolest towns on earth. Enjoy!

#150 7 years ago

Watch out for the vomiting guy arcade at marvins.

Brutal. Pay ten cents and watch a guy vomit over and over.

Really though marvins is amazing. And he kept a clean line of pins always. I Really hope that doesn't go away.

#173 7 years ago

Sorry to digress on sloes and BBB. I agree slows is not the best in the world. Pretty dang good and worth the trip and the wait for dinner. Also tucked in one of the newer sections of detriot it is interesting to note santRchy detriot starts right by sloes at the Irish place. Now my memory has failed.

But I agree sloes is good. I'm not sure I have ever had the best. I cook a mean bbq so I usually skip meals of that type! And just cook my own. I know that near me here in Downey ca there are some amazing soul food hole in the walls near me I need to eat at.

Thanks for calling me out, Bbq deserves its own thread.

2 months later
    #646 6 years ago

I hope to attend the show someday I am from Michigan.

I know the banning show out here in California would like to be open more. It is also a personal collection.

The city is the blockage I believe and thier restrictions. They would open more but are restricted. I believe.

Anyways I hope to see this amazing collection someday, indeed. The problem is my trips to Michigan. They usually revolve around weddings And funerals. Not pinball shows.

Ann arbor is amazing. If it was in California I would live there. Cheers.

6 months later
    #685 6 years ago

You guys and your cool show in Ann arbor. I envy you. I miss ann arbor.

If ann arbor was on the coast somewhere, I would live there., or try to.

I'm sorry I'm digressing Ann arbor is one of the coolest towns on the planet. There are like fifty reasons why...

Have fun!

#692 6 years ago

I grew up around ann arbor and have so many memories.

I went there a couple years ago at Christmas time. It was a blizzard. Monday night football was in detriot that night. We piled in a bar and watched the game.

And then played pinball at whiskey petes I think.

I will definitely be back there.

Also Michigan ballroom. Joe satriani. Flying in a blue dream tour.

Ann Arbor!

Vinyl, being purchased. More video games, then we went and saw night mare on elm street.

For the first time..

So many great memories!

There was an exceptional bookstore downstairs somewhere. I bought at the mountains of madness there. Also one of the employees turned me on to Clark Ashton smith at the time.

A favorite now. Including the book I bought...

It turns out this is one of my favorite books ever... Now.

Hyperborea!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#693 6 years ago

I ended up collecting the four paperback set of Clark Ashton's work. They are never far.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

When the book worker suggested this book hyperborea, they didn't even have a copy. He was reading his own copy. I saw it. I had to mail order all the dang things to read them.

First I had to mail in to get a catalog. For the books. These four will never leave while I'm alive...

To complicate things further the seller was out of country. Now we have Amazon.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Azmodeus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2017?tu=Azmodeus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.