Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 693 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    VFW 2018 Teaser (resized).JPG
    2018_vfwshow2_v2 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    111111111111111111 (resized).jpg
    brainbleach (resized).jpg
    far-side-cartoon-blah-blah-ginger (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170518_183905_752 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-05-17-14-20-43-1 (resized).png
    baby legs (resized).jpg
    20170505_165938_resized (resized).jpg
    20170507_114908 (resized).jpg
    20170507_101558 (resized).jpg
    terrific (resized).jpg
    p3 (resized).jpg
    There are 693 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.
    #401 6 years ago

Ended up with other plans today, but super excited to check it all out tomorrow and Sunday!!! I've heard nothing but awesome things about the show!

#402 6 years ago

On my way there now. Fun fun fun in the sun?

Can't have it all I guess.

#403 6 years ago

Clay,

Thank you for continuing to host these weekends and thanks to all of the volunteers as it wouldn't be possible to pull it off without your help.

Heading out tomorrow for the show and bringing three other pin heads. You simply can't not go!

#404 6 years ago

Northbound US 23 is very congested just North of the Ann Arbor area due to VFW traffic.....

20170505_113258 (resized).jpg20170505_113258 (resized).jpg

#405 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Northbound US 23 is very congested just North of the Ann Arbor area due to VFW traffic.....

very CONgested?

You're slipping there, big boy.

#406 6 years ago

This prospector will be for sale:

#407 6 years ago

On the way. Look forward to seeing you all soon!

#408 6 years ago
    Quoted from newmantjn:

This prospector will be for sale:
    » YouTube video

Prospector...very cool game

#409 6 years ago

Any one have extra ticket for saturday. I had plans for saturday that the weather changed so now I am raring to go.

#410 6 years ago

Keep in mind that a 16 x 20 frame is usually not really that and sometimes you have to trim down your printed piece to make it fit or if it does fit there is a lip that may cover up art work that is close to the edge. It all just depends on the frame really.

John

#411 6 years ago

Officially at my hotel . Staying over in Farmington hills. Gonna visit Marvin's tonight and be at VFW tomorrow.

Very excited, can't wait!!

#412 6 years ago

The "Pinball Rules" plaques arrived today! I will be heading up to VFW to sell them in the parking lot at 7:30PM-8PM for the Friday only people that PM'd me. Meet me at the concession stand outside the main enterence door. If the concession stand is not there, I'll be outside the main door someplace. I'll be wearing a Heighway Pinball black hat, carrying a large box. Maybe a brown/tan golf umbrella if needed.

#413 6 years ago

Any word on
    Who Won the EM World Championships this year ?

TYIA
    Sir Brian of Ortonville

#414 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bribo13:

Any word on
    Who Won the EM World Championships this year ?
    TYIA
    Sir Brian of Ortonville

Todd GravitaR beat me in the finals!

#415 6 years ago

Just got in and on my way over. Is anyone else staying at the best western? PM me, maybe we all can meet up after close of hall tonight. Looks like there's a bar across from hotel.

#416 6 years ago

First game ever on Aerosmith and it seemed to like me.

High score 1 and a free game to boot.

Had a couple locals watching me and asking questions. One kid asked if I was a professional.

Another asked if I was in the local league

No and no.

IMG_20170505_190018 (resized).jpgIMG_20170505_190018 (resized).jpg

#417 6 years ago

12 hours until we head up for our first time. Can't wait!!! Pinball poker tourney and Sunday tix. Hope I'm not overselling this show to myself, but the reviews and description look incredible. Very excited!

#418 6 years ago

There are 9 "Pinball Rules" plaques remaining. They turned out great! "Monkey Flipping" was changed to "Chimp Flipping". See the thread gallery for a image of the plaque. If you want to buy one, find me tomorrow. I will be wearing a black shirt with a skeleton on the back tearing it's way out of me.

#419 6 years ago
    Quoted from REMAXRick:

12 hours until we head up for our first time. Can't wait!!! Pinball poker tourney and Sunday tix. Hope I'm not overselling this show to myself, but the reviews and description look incredible. Very excited!

This is my first year also. I only got to spend 90 minutes there tonight. You will not be disappointed. This collection, the restorations, game play, blows away every show I have ever been to over the past 6 years. I truly do not believe any other show in this country can top this quality of games.

#420 6 years ago

The five hermanos have been on the road for 13 hours and are almost there!

#421 6 years ago

Good first day; no major issues.

#422 6 years ago

What a blast! Was my first time at the show - got there at 3:45 and stayed all the way til 10:00. So many games all great shape. Having the non-pinball games there was cool also. One of the bonuses I did not anticipate were all the color DMDs - I am on the fence between LED and LCD and was nice to compare a bunch side by side.

Thanks to everyone that works to put on this event - it is super well run (food was really good also - made 3 trips)!

#423 6 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymag8:

One of the bonuses I did not anticipate were all the color DMDs - I am on the fence between LED and LCD and was nice to compare a bunch side by side.

You see how bright those LED ones are? You can really tell the diff'rence.

#424 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You see how bright those LED ones are? You can really tell the diff'rence.

WOW!! Ya - really have to seem them in person to appreciate it. Night and day between the two. I can see why some say the LEDs are too bright and need to turn them down - however man those colors really pop!

But the images seem a little easier on the eyes and easier to see with the LCD.

If Sat was not sold out I would be back just to re-look at those DMDs again - lol. Was nice having so many games so can compare with different animations and liked that the LCDs had the different settings to compare as those make a big difference as well.

What a different experience seeing the games in color - adds so much and really appreciate the event organizers having the color DMDs on the games!

#425 6 years ago

Can the LEDs do the scaling or fat pixels or whatever? Because if they can't the LCD is the best choice. I think the fat pixels look a lot better and originally I didn't think they would. Plenty diff'rent opinions though

#426 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Good first day; no major issues.

Demo Man is down again.....

#427 6 years ago

Just got home, first time for me, and I have to say... DAMN! That was so cool! Don't know what else to say... Except thanks to Clay and all the volunteers.

-Brian, 3 hours sleep since Thursday afternoon, and about ready to crash.

#428 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Demo Man is down again.....

yeah I heard it went down Af-Tor I left!

#429 6 years ago

Just a FYI. Medusa- ball gets stuck on rubber every time when coming down right bottom inlane. Have to tilt to get it out. Just want to make sure this game is not included in Saturday tournament.

#430 6 years ago

I think somone put the fatter post rubbers in than should be

#431 6 years ago

Thanks Clay and everyone who put on an awesome show!

My checklist tells me I played 161 of the 367 games What a day!!

#432 6 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

Thanks Clay and everyone who put on an awesome show!
    My checklist tells me I played 161 of the 367 games What a day!!

Damn you must really suck at pinball

#433 6 years ago

66 mins to show open..... Leaving hotel shortly.

Woo!

#434 6 years ago

On my way there after breakfast to volunteer at the show for another day. Great seeing people's eyes light up and enjoy themselves like it was the '80s.

#435 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Damn you must really suck at pinball

Something like that I played about 11 hours straight and was there to sample as much as I could, especially the EMs.

#436 6 years ago

Had a great time Friday night, my 12 yr old really liked the heated bunghole wash bidet, thanks again Clay

#437 6 years ago

Another shout out of thanks to Clay and the crew for another awesome event and it's true pin heaven is a place on earth

#438 6 years ago

Will the jerk in the black Mountaineer type car that hit my black and tan explorer on friday morning, Please come forward! Multiple people saw you clip my rear bumper eirh your front bumper. You played it off by putting a business card on my windscreen. The business card was not there when I came out. Are you trying to cover this up? Pinball is a small community don't be shady

#439 6 years ago
    Quoted from DylanFan71:

Todd gravitar beat me in the finals!

0505171600a.jpg0505171600a.jpg

#440 6 years ago

Great local place to eat is Whitmore Lake tavern.
    Breakfast even.

#441 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Can the LEDs do the scaling or fat pixels or whatever? Because if they can't the LCD is the best choice. I think the fat pixels look a lot better and originally I didn't think they would. Plenty diff'rent opinions though

No the LEDs cannot do the scaling - fixed just like the orange DMD dots - only in color.

Agreed - the LCD with the larger DOT mode or the mode that was on TZ look really cool.

Either way - LED or LCD - the color brings a nice new dimension to the games!

Thanks again - great show! Took my friend who is pretty new to pinball - was not sure if she would enjoy it and she had a blast playing the older and newer games both.

#442 6 years ago

Most games look kinda shitty with the smoothing mode imo, it creates jagged images that look unnatural.

Dotsxl is great, and I wish the led could imitate it, alas it cannot.

The gap in the speaker panel on the new metal back boxes when using lcd looks pretty awful to me. So, I am currently rocking lcds for older games and leds when the form factor is an issue.

#443 6 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Most games look kinda shitty with the smoothing mode imo, it creates jagged images that look unnatural.
    Dotsxl is great, and I wish the led could imitate it, alas it cannot.

Maybe with some kind of diffuser film with a grid of large circles voids printed in black on it? heh!

#444 6 years ago

I was going to post something clever but I'll just beg.
    If anyone ends up with a spare sunday pass, let me know

#445 6 years ago

Northbound US-23 is getting CONgested before M-36/9 mile road. Exit prior and get to 8 Mile Road and take it West to Lemen Road to M36 west. Follow to Spicer to the show.

20170506_092624 (resized).jpg20170506_092624 (resized).jpg

#446 6 years ago

I'm at the show and have an extra ticket for today if anyone wants it. I would also be interested in a ticket for tomorrow if anyone has one available.

#447 6 years ago

Of all the games i got to play, the only game i got to put my initials on was lost in space. You get to put them in for most multiballs in a single ball too???

20170506_153551 (resized).jpg20170506_153551 (resized).jpg

#448 6 years ago

Nice game Andy!

#449 6 years ago

Were you there howie? Heres the score, only number 6 on the high score list though. Dialed in and aerosmith were great games as well. And i was suprised with how much i liked dominos

20170506_153611 (resized).jpg20170506_153611 (resized).jpg

#450 6 years ago

A couple pic's from last night.

IMG_2478 (resized).JPGIMG_2478 (resized).JPG

IMG_2480 (resized).JPGIMG_2480 (resized).JPG

There are 693 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2017/page/9?hl=rocketfromtombs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.