Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 693 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    VFW 2018 Teaser (resized).JPG
    2018_vfwshow2_v2 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    111111111111111111 (resized).jpg
    brainbleach (resized).jpg
    far-side-cartoon-blah-blah-ginger (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170518_183905_752 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-05-17-14-20-43-1 (resized).png
    baby legs (resized).jpg
    20170505_165938_resized (resized).jpg
    20170507_114908 (resized).jpg
    20170507_101558 (resized).jpg
    terrific (resized).jpg
    p3 (resized).jpg
    There are 693 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.
    #351 6 years ago

I have an extra ticket for: Friday EM tournament, Friday, Saturday, and Saturday Evening tournament. Someone needs all of them.

#352 6 years ago

Looking for a system 9 or system 11 empty backbox

And a black knight back glass.

#354 6 years ago

I have an extra ticket for the Friday EM tournament... pm if interested.

#355 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Unless it's aboot eating until I'm 60 lbs overweight, divorces, or voting for Trump...I don't think I do much listening to you club members.
    I personally wouldn't wear finglerless gloves though...defeats the purpose.

did you not see the fold over mitten part? from what I've seen, you're a chimp flipper at best, so you wouldn't need individual finger sleeves

#356 6 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

I went a little overboard and put this together so I could track the games I play on my phone. I will probably add a few other little updates before Friday. If anyone wants to check it out and provide feedback on what you'd want to see, let me know (it's not set up at the moment to be all that pretty on a laptop/desktop so check it out on your phone if you can).
    http://pinball.x10host.com
    P.S. if you clear your cookies or are private/incognito browsing your entries will be lost
    Edit:updated URL

Played around with this a bit more. The filter reset button does not reset the years slider and you can't select any icons for aladdins castle in the game list because it has an apostrophe in the div id. Minor issues I know. I'd agree with allowing to sort by name too. Thanks for putting this together.

#357 6 years ago
    Quoted from paddlepaw:

The filter reset button does not reset the years slider and you can't select any icons for aladdins castle

clear cache, should be fixed

Quoted from paddlepaw:

I'd agree with allowing to sort by name too

Is the search feature working or is it not intuitive enough?

#358 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

maybe add the pinside rating

I added a shared Google drive spreadsheet if anyone wants to help curate the Pinside ratings. Then I could add that info to the game list.

#359 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

it's "chimp flipping" not "monkey flipping". otherwise looks good.

Kirby says that must be a "Michigan thing" as their part of the country call it "Monkey Flipping". I caught him just in time and he will change it to "Chimp Flipping" just for our group that buys this batch. They are being printed today.

If someone can read the sign after drinking and pronounce that one correctly, they are probably still ok ... or don't need to be cut-off yet. Dual purpose sign.

#360 6 years ago

Gary from Abel Electronics will be at the show with a Dialed In. I want to thank him for his commitment to the show. I'm sure he will have other JJP games there too.

Thank you Gary!

#361 6 years ago
    Quoted from crlush:

I have an extra ticket for Friday if anyone is interested pm me.

Ticket for friday sold, thanks

#362 6 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

clear cache, should be fixed

Thanks!

Is the search feature working or is it not intuitive enough?

It is working and intuitive. And it's probably fine the way it is. List isn't that big and the venue groups machines by time period. Ignore my earlier comment.

#363 6 years ago
    Quoted from MiSC90:

Gary from Abel Electronics will be at the show with a Dialed In. I want to thank him for his commitment to the show. I'm sure he will have other JJP games there too.
    Thank you Gary!

This is awesome news!!!

#364 6 years ago

If only there would be an Alien there this weekend, can't wait to played Dialed In again though.

#365 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pale_Purple:

If only there would be an Alien there this weekend,

hmmmmm

#366 6 years ago

Sounds like a trick question/statement....

#367 6 years ago

I'm just very stoked to see the place finally and come out to the show, coming Friday night to hang and chill then to the show in the AM Saturday and through the EM Saturday night tournament. Really excited, taking a road trip with a long time friend who also likes to play pins so should be a real fun trip and show! Happy to here about Gary and Abel bringing Dialed in and some other JJPs. See ya all there looking forward to meeting a lot of great folks! Oh and I heard there will be Pinball too!!!

#368 6 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

I'm just very stoked to see the place finally and come out to the show, coming Friday night to hang and chill then to the show in the AM Saturday and through the EM Saturday night tournament. Really excited, taking a road trip with a long time friend who also likes to play pins so should be a real fun trip and show! Happy to here about Gary and Abel bringing Dialed in and some other JJPs. See ya all there looking forward to meeting a lot of great folks! Oh and I heard there will be Pinball too!!!

I'd like to meet you. Look me up. I'll be one of the red shirt techs all three days. Ask for Bruce

#369 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I'd like to meet you. Look me up. I'll be one of the red shirt techs all three days. Ask for Bruce

Maybe you guys can meet up in the "Aron."

#370 6 years ago

Ewww.....none of that in the VFW bathroom stalls....please!

Later,
    EV

#371 6 years ago

Wow, I'm a pig and never thought of anything remotely along those lines.

Just wanted to say hello and talk pinball for a minute before the boss yells at me for goofing off....

#372 6 years ago

Only thong to top this would be having Ted Nugent show up with his namesake autographed by the motor city madman.

#373 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Wow, I'm a pig and never thought of anything remotely along those lines.
    Just wanted to say hello and talk pinball for a minute before the boss yells at me for goofing off....

It's cool Bruce, you made the mistake of actually being nice on Pinside, it will get you in trouble sometimes!

I used to reside in the gutter myself, but have finally made it up to the Curb!

See ya there, I'll try to make it a point to stop by and says hey!

#374 6 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Ewww.....none of that in the VFW bathroom stalls....please!
    Later,
    EV

No worries Echo, nothing inappropriate in the stalls because there's a perfectly good tool shed out back! if you want to find a private spot for, you know...

#375 6 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

I have an extra ticket for the Friday EM tournament... pm if interested.

Ticket is sold

#376 6 years ago

Counting down....t-minus 2 days and counting! I used to get this way about Christmas when I was a kid.

Great event (year 3 for me) and getting to talk to some of the folks on here is just as much fun as the pinball. BTW, if anyone needs an original version of the Swinks snack bar mod, I have one I never installed that I can bring to the VFW to sell.

#377 6 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Only thong to top this would be having Ted Nugent show up with his namesake autographed by the motor city madman.

I think two tickets are registered to an "Amboy Duke". Not sure which day though. If Uncle Ted shows up with one of the Wangettes, I'm sure the door thugs will let them in as long as they have a copy of their PayPal receipt.

#378 6 years ago
    Quoted from SteveF-Detroit:

Could you add a place to record a high score so everyone using the app could see it? Sort of an on-line show tournament on every game.

The VFW show can now be a 350+ game LIVE tournament!

Check out the new high score feature(s). All #1 scores are updated every 2 minutes on the main list. Opening the Trophy icon will show you a live view of the top 10 scores & will keep track of whatever scores you submit. Obviously this will have to be on the honor system as far as scores go (and not using inappropriate names for submissions).

I will dump all the score entries before Friday so feel free to test submissions and let me know if anything is acting up. Let me know what you think.

http://pinball.x10host.com/

#379 6 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

The VFW show can now be a 350+ game LIVE tournament!
    Check out the new high score feature(s). All #1 scores are updated every 2 minutes on the main list. Opening the Trophy icon will show you a live view of the top 10 scores & will keep track of whatever scores you submit. Obviously this will have to be on the honor system as far as scores go (and not using inappropriate names for submissions).
    I will dump all the score entries before Friday so feel free to test submissions and let me know if anything is acting up. Let me know what you think.
    http://pinball.x10host.com/

no periods for name submission?

- j.m.

#380 6 years ago

The new Dialed In will be at the show. Email for pricing.

#381 6 years ago

How much will the rules posters be?
    Must have missed it.

#382 6 years ago

Does anyone have an extra autofire plunger and link they could sell me Saturday? Mine broke on my potc. Not sure if there will be a vendor there with one. Pm me, thanks

#383 6 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

How much will the rules posters be?
    Must have missed it.

His post says $25 cash

#384 6 years ago

Any chance of a Batman 66, Aerosmith or Alien being there?

#385 6 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Yes, there is a chance.

#386 6 years ago

I wanna play Aerosmith.

BM66 didnt thrill me. and Alien I thought wasnt complete. (I could be wrong)

#387 6 years ago

I have a pass for Saturday available.

#388 6 years ago

I've got a ticket for friday tournament and show but I'm not gonna be able to Make it

#389 6 years ago

I told a few people that I would post area pubs/bars that had entertainment (bands). You may need a break if you are there multiple days. I scouted out places in my area (West of US23) and have the following info:

Zukey Lake Tavern is a nice large sports bar that has a lot of different draft beers. They will have a blues band on Friday night and a Country/Classic Rock band on Saturday night. Less than 5 miles West, about 12 min drive.
    http://zukeylaketavern.com/Directions_frameset.htm

Pinckney Pub & Grill is a little smaller than Zukey Lake Tavern, has some TVs for watching sports. They will have a Country/Classic Rock band on Friday night, and a Country band on Saturday night. About 10 miles away, about 19 min drive
    http://www.pinckneypubandgrill.com/

Hell Saloon ... Ya gotta go to Hell while you're near it. A nice sports bar with good chili. On Friday they will have a Classic Rock band there that also touts guitar solos and riffs. On Saturday night they will have a different Classic Rock band. About 14 miles West, and about a 23 min drive.
    http://www.hellsaloon.com/hours-location/

#390 6 years ago

along with the new p2k glass ($300 obo), new invisiglass ($295 obo), used RFM ramps ($100 obo) that I will be bringing, I've also got an MEI dollar bill validator (accepts 1s, 2s and new 5s). it works perfectly and includes the necessary cable and the operator's manual ($100)

I will be working the front door with echovictor both friday and saturday if you're interested in any of the above

#391 6 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

WHO CARES

WE GOT BIG JUICY MELONS!
    And thats all that really matters...

WP_20170503_15_21_13_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20170503_15_21_13_Pro (resized).jpg

#392 6 years ago

Hey for those that have been before does it get hot in there with all the pins and humans, is it shorts and tshirts?

Cheers!

#393 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sarge:

WHO CARES
    WE GOT BIG JUICY MELONS!
    And thats all that really matters...

What really matters is that there's a 4 Queens and Gay '90's in that building. Great stuff.

#394 6 years ago
    Quoted from thewool:

Hey for those that have been before does it get hot in there with all the pins and humans, is it shorts and tshirts?
    Cheers!

We are having this show two weeks earlier than in prior years. Air conditioning is usually required due to the heat from the equipment & people. This year it is very cold & damp. Shorts & T-Shirts may not be the most comfortable outfit.

#395 6 years ago

If I remember right last year I think it snowed.

#396 6 years ago

Heading out the door in a few,
    to drive to the airport for my red-eye flight
    to pinball paradise.

cheers

#397 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

We are having this show two weeks earlier than in prior years. Air conditioning is usually required due to the heat from the equipment & people. This year it is very cold & damp. Shorts & T-Shirts may not be the most comfortable outfit.

Awesome, see you there chaps!

#398 6 years ago

I'll be behind the bar again this year with a bunch of my pinball artwork...

http://www.elephanteater.com/10761

...and some newly repro'd plastics (display only, but available from PBResource.com):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-repro-plastic-sets-by-ryan-claytor-at-pinball-resource

...as well as participating in the "E.M. World Championships." Anyone else here tournamenting tomorrow?

#399 6 years ago

My brother and I dropped off my custom Centaur at the vfw a few hrs ago. Back in the morning for the tournament. Saturdays too....
    Gonna be a good weekend.

#400 6 years ago

Well, this is the day it starts for the 2017 show.

Travel safe everyone.....

There are 693 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2017/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.