Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 693 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    VFW 2018 Teaser (resized).JPG
    2018_vfwshow2_v2 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    111111111111111111 (resized).jpg
    brainbleach (resized).jpg
    far-side-cartoon-blah-blah-ginger (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170518_183905_752 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-05-17-14-20-43-1 (resized).png
    baby legs (resized).jpg
    20170505_165938_resized (resized).jpg
    20170507_114908 (resized).jpg
    20170507_101558 (resized).jpg
    terrific (resized).jpg
    p3 (resized).jpg
    There are 693 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.
    #301 6 years ago

If you guys need anymore help getting ready I could probably make it out today or tomorrow.I don't know how to work on much but Im a quick learner so I'm a good assistance or I could help move heavy objects,pick up around the yard, clean glasses.......whatevers needed.

#302 6 years ago

Any update on road closures/construction and routes to avoid? I don't want to miss even 5 minutes of this show that I don't have to!

#303 6 years ago

I know 23 north has delays leading into the area and pretty sure south also

#304 6 years ago

To handle the increasing traffic to the annual VFW/Ann Arbor Pinball Shows and charity events; the Michigan Department of Transportation is reconstructing and widening US 23 from the M-14 interchange to the M-36 / VFW interchange. Construction is underway and is expected to be completed for the 2018 show. Attendees of the 2017 show are asked to use caution in the construction zone, obey posted speed limits and be alert for lane shifts and closures.

20170421_183649 (resized).jpg20170421_183649 (resized).jpg

#305 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

To handle the increasing traffic to the annual VFW/Ann Arbor Pinball Shows and charity events; the Michigan Department of Transportation is reconstructing and widening US 23 from the M-14 interchange to the M-36 / VFW interchange. Construction is underway and is expected to be completed for the 2018 show. Attendees of the 2017 show are asked to use caution in the construction zone, obey posted speed limits and be alert for lane shifts and closures.

There were 15-20 minute delays this weekend at peak times of the day because of lane closures, so plan on adding some travel time. On second thought ... the crowds would be a little lighter at the start of the show for some of us locals if you forget to plan for this.

#306 6 years ago

I see that there are a couple games that are going to be for sale at the show. Is it just the 2 or are there others? Pm me if you have something that you are planning on Selling at the show. Thanks!

#307 6 years ago

The for sale machines can be dropped off any time. Remember, this is posted on the website so Pinside is not the only Media involved.
    I believe there were already three there this past Friday as we are preparing for the show.

#308 6 years ago

I'm over here in MI from the UK for work and my trip finishes Friday, so planning to be there Friday evening and Saturday. It's my first US show and the lineup looks fantastic, can't wait!!!

One question are there any pinball vendors there normally? Just so I know whether to bring some cash. Cheers.

#309 6 years ago

I have a Xenon for sale that I could bring if someone is interested. Also a Rollergames I may be looking to trade.

#310 6 years ago

Regarding the work on 23, are you saying it is congested south of the VFW exit? Have you seen it easier to come in from the north?

We're flying in Friday afternoon and get into DTW about 3:00pm. I figure it will be at least 3:30 before we are on the road and wonder if we shoud take 275 up to 96 and then come in from the north on 23. Obviously we'll look at traffic on Friday and see what looks best.

#311 6 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

Regarding the work on 23, are you saying it is congested south of the VFW exit? Have you seen it easier to come in from the north?
    We're flying in Friday afternoon and get into DTW about 3:00pm. I figure it will be at least 3:30 before we are on the road and wonder if we shoud take 275 up to 96 and then come in from the north on 23. Obviously we'll look at traffic on Friday and see what looks best.

Approaching from the North, heading South on US 23 to Exit #55 is best. HOWEVER, at 3:30 on Fridays, I-275 Northbound can be really heavy from the I-96 Junction about seven miles North of I-94. Plus, I-96 West from the I-275/M-5 interchange will be a parking lot. Between 3:30 and 4:00pm, best to take I-94 West to US-23 North and deal with traffic.
    If your flight is delayed and you get out of DTW after 4:00, use the Waze or Google Maps app to find the best route timing wise. There are surface streets Northward from the West side of Ann Arbor that may be faster.

Have a safe trip and we'll see you Friday in the late afternoon.

#312 6 years ago

if you're coming from the west, i personally like to get off i94 at the Dexter exit. That skips the whole ann arbor/us23 thing, and takes a lot less time. it's rural roads but they are nice roads and 50 to 55 mph (except in the town of Dexter and Hamburg, where's its posted speed is far less.)

#313 6 years ago

There was about 30 minutes delay for southbound US 23 traffic on Sunday just after noon. That could be avoided by exiting at Lee Rd and using Whitmore Lake Rd. Southbound. As for getting from the airport to the VFW at rush hour, there are several alternatives from the east. Even Merriman to 8 mile, joggle north to 9 mile on Pontiac Trail (South Lyon) and continue west past US 23 to Whitmore Lake rd. works well, considering there are no expressways used. Please do not be late for the start of the Friday AM tournament, last year we had to start with several people missing out due to their tardiness. It can take some time to register, so please make sure you arrive early.

#314 6 years ago
    Quoted from trufflepiggy:

There was about 30 minutes delay for southbound US 23 traffic on Sunday just after noon. That could be avoided by exiting at Lee Rd and using Whitmore Lake Rd. Southbound. As for getting from the airport to the VFW at rush hour, there are several alternatives from the east. Even Merriman to 8 mile, joggle north to 9 mile on Pontiac Trail (South Lyon) and continue west past US 23 to Whitmore Lake rd. works well, considering there are no expressways used. Please do not be late for the start of the Friday AM tournament, last year we had to start with several people missing out due to their tardiness. It can take some time to register, so please make sure you arrive early.

Keep in mind that one lane was closed on Southbound US-23 from 8pm Friday until 5am Monday which caused the backup. It won't be closed this Friday until after the evening rush if at all.

#315 6 years ago

I got 100 usd for saturday. Only ran me 140 cdn....
    Was par not that long ago....

#316 6 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

We welcome visitors from the home of Titan Trailers to the Ann Arbor Michigan/ VFW Pinball show. Travel safe.

#317 6 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Jesus man, we haven't been close to par since 2013! 2012 was the last time we were at par.

http://www.canadianforex.ca/forex-tools/historical-rate-tools/yearly-average-rates

#318 6 years ago

Anyone have a Meteor or Galaxy for sale? Please pm me. I'll be at the show Saturday. Thanks.

#319 6 years ago

I have an extra ticket for Friday if anyone is interested pm me.

#320 6 years ago

Is there an updated list of pins that will be for sale?? Still looking

#321 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I would take a ranking sheet if you make them up.I was planning on bringing a notebook already.

I went a little overboard and put this together so I could track the games I play on my phone. I will probably add a few other little updates before Friday. If anyone wants to check it out and provide feedback on what you'd want to see, let me know (it's not set up at the moment to be all that pretty on a laptop/desktop so check it out on your phone if you can).

http://pinball.x10host.com

P.S. if you clear your cookies or are private/incognito browsing your entries will be lost

Edit:updated URL

#322 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lefman:

Is there an updated list of pins that will be for sale?? Still looking

No.

#323 6 years ago

I have 2 brand new sheets of glass that I can bring if anyone is interested. I will be at the show all day both friday and saturday
    1) invisiglass - standard size, still wrapped in butcher paper from abel electronics ($295 or best offer)
    2) pin 2k glass - brand new, still in the original box from bally/williams (huge box!) - $300 firm

I also have a set of RFM ramps, used but in great shape. $100 or best offer

and finally, if anyone wants a run-dmd clock, I will be taking names/info for one last final run. we have one at VFW club house (behind the bar) so that you can see what you're getting

ps
    like last year, I will be providing free pastries to those arriving early on friday for the EM tourney

#324 6 years ago

Does anyone, in attendance Saturday, have a midway coin door for a ms pac cocktail?

From new to one with rust, interested in anything without serious dents.

PM what you might have!

Thanks

#325 6 years ago

I had given the wrong domain last night. I guess that's what happens when you post at 2am. Proper link
    http://pinball.x10host.com

#326 6 years ago

I am bringing a few Misc goodies. WoF bobble heads, Translites for sale.
    Just contact me at the show if interested. Will be there all 3 days.

Make an offer. All like new and been stored flat.

JJP Stuff:
    ======
    Wizard of Oz Translite
    Wizard of Oz Bezel

Stern Translites for sale:
    ===============
    Avengers
    Iron Man
    Kiss
    Mustang
    Ripley's BION
    World Poker Tour

Sega Translites for sale:
    ===============
    Frankenstein (I have 2)
    Godzilla

#327 6 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

If anyone wants to check it out and provide feedback on what you'd want to see, let me know (it's not set up at the moment to be all that pretty on a laptop/desktop so check it out on your phone if you can).

looks fine thru my laptop
    but what does the clockface icon denote?

#328 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I will be providing free pastries to those arriving early on friday for the EM tourney

apple danish
    for me
    please

#329 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

There were 15-20 minute delays this weekend at peak times of the day because of lane closures, so plan on adding some travel time. On second thought ... the crowds would be a little lighter at the start of the show for some of us locals if you forget to plan for this.

I think you are being a bit optimistic on the delay. I had to take this route twice to get my son's stuff home from the University of Michigan. The drive for me is normally about 45 minutes total. One trip took 1:20 and the other 1:40. Any time before 10:00am or after about 3pm are exponentially worse with commuters.

And a secondary warning, I saw 4-5 police cruisers (about half unmarked) giving out tickets in the traffic zones for what I am assuming for speeding.

Please give yourself LOTS of extra time and drive within 5 miles of construction speed limit! Getting a ticket is a terrible way to start what should be an awesome day. Now, if the weather report will improve. It's looking to be unseasonably cold this weekend.

#330 6 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

Yes, come from the north, if at all possible.

#331 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

looks fine thru my laptop

It means "don't forget". Click the filter link to see explanations of icons.

This will be helpful. Thanks!

#332 6 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

. If anyone wants to check it out and provide feedback on what you'd want to see, let me know

Being able to sort by game name (to find it in the list) or by "don't forget" first. Is this an app we can download and use ourselves? I know this isn't possible now, but maybe add the pinside rating, maybe at least for the top 100 solid states. I missed a few of the top 20 last year. But i guess i would just check those off as the "don't forgets" ahead of time. Man, homework before the show ... really?

Something like this would be cool to have setup and ready on your phone when you walk in the door.

#333 6 years ago

Looking for a Saturday Night Tournament ticket.

#334 6 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

provide feedback on what you'd want to see

what would be super cool, but near impossible at this juncture
    is to somehow link each pin
    as to where it is located in the various VFW buildings.

i.e. Building#2, 3rd row, 11th pin in the row

#335 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

This would never be something that could be done.
    The Pins are quite frequently on the move at the VFW as new pins are added to the collection, this often requires mass movement of pins. there is nothing set in stone as pins at the VFW are always being added to the collection.

#336 6 years ago

I got a deal for people attending the VFW show from fellow Pinsider @kirboturbo. Recently he posted a pic in a game room thread of his "Pinball Rules" plaque. I wanted one of those but it was too costly just for one of them. We worked out making a more generic list of rules (not personalized) and a economical rigid material that will not break if it falls off of the wall. We decided on a 16x20 size so that people could frame it if they wanted to (but really not necessary). I wanted to try to setup a group buy on this for the VFW show, but it is too late. Instead I bought a lot of 12 of these to bring the price per piece down. I will be at the show on Saturday and Sunday and will have these available for $25 cash ... by gracious pricing from Kirby. I'm not making anything off of these ... just passing along some good pricing with Kirby "for the good of pinball" for those that are interested. He had said that a few other people contacted him about it. I do not have a booth, so find me. On Saturday, I will be wearing a shirt that looks like a skeleton is tearing it's way out of my shirt with a Heighway Pinball baseball hat. If people are interested that are just going Friday, PM me and I'll likely go up to the VFW at maybe 7:30PM for you (I live 15 minutes away.) It is first come, first serve on the first batch of 12. We will see where it goes from there. If there are any left over after the show I will post them for sale in a separate thread.

Note that the watermark would be removed on the final copy. Kirby will have these mailed to me prior to the show.

16x20 PinballRules (resized).jpg16x20 PinballRules (resized).jpg

#337 6 years ago

Chimp Flipping

#340 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Essentially this is for a"reminder". Either pick games you want to play ahead of time or if you pass something with a long line but want to remember to go back, hit the clock icon.

Quoted from KingBW:

Being able to sort by game name (to find it in the list) or by "don't forget" first

This is possible. There is a search icon and a filter icon at the top of the page. enter any portion of the game name and the list will automatically filter down. Close the search menu (click "x Search") the list will go back to the way it was.

To see your "reminder" games, click the filter button, check the blue "Don't Forget" checkbox and then "Apply".

Quoted from KingBW:

Is this an app we can download and use ourselves?

It's not an app, but you can load the page in your phone's browser and it functions exactly the same. It was actually built to be more phone friendly than desktop.

Quoted from KingBW:

maybe add the pinside rating

I can do this. I might create a public google spreadsheet; if people can help fill out the info, I can pull it into the site.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

I'd be happy to work with the guys at VFW to figure out a solution. Updating a spreadsheet with location or crowdsourcing the locations on day #1 might help alleviate the burden.

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

#341 6 years ago

it's "chimp flipping" not "monkey flipping". otherwise looks good.

#342 6 years ago

A new article on the Vintage Flipper World, aka The Ann Arbor Pinball Museum

http://pulp.aadl.org/node/357988

#343 6 years ago

Pictured next to a fucking Data East...the final insult

#344 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Pictured next to a fucking Data East...the final insult

With the hipster skeleton gloves. Only thing missing is a can of PBR....

#345 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

With the hipster skeleton gloves. Only thing missing is a can of PBR....

We always drank Black Label...PBR was for rednecks.

#346 6 years ago

I heard that TheLaw was going to be sporting these babies until the rest of the club members starting calling him out
    TheLaw's new apparelTheLaw's new apparel

#347 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I heard that TheLaw was going to be sporting these babies until the rest of the club members starting calling him out

Unless it's aboot eating until I'm 60 lbs overweight, divorces, or voting for Trump...I don't think I do much listening to you club members.

I personally wouldn't wear finglerless gloves though...defeats the purpose.

#348 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I got a deal for people attending the VFW show from fellow Pinsider kirboturbo. Recently he posted a pic in a game room thread of his "Pinball Rules" plaque. I wanted one of those but it was too costly just for one of them. We worked out making a more generic list of rules (not personalized) and a economical rigid material that will not break if it falls off of the wall. We decided on a 16x20 size so that people could frame it if they wanted to (but really not necessary). I wanted to try to setup a group buy on this for the VFW show, but it is too late. Instead I bought a lot of 12 of these to bring the price per piece down. I will be at the show on Saturday and Sunday and will have these available for $25 cash ... by gracious pricing from Kirby. I'm not making anything off of these ... just passing along some good pricing with Kirby "for the good of pinball" for those that are interested. He had said that a few other people contacted him about it. I do not have a booth, so find me. On Saturday, I will be wearing a shirt that looks like a skeleton is tearing it's way out of my shirt with a Heighway Pinball baseball hat. If people are interested that are just going Friday, PM me and I'll likely go up to the VFW at maybe 7:30PM for you (I live 15 minutes away.) It is first come, first serve on the first batch of 12. We will see where it goes from there. If there are any left over after the show I will post them for sale in a separate thread.
    Note that the watermark would be removed on the final copy. Kirby will have these mailed to me prior to the show.

Pm sent

#349 6 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

Essentially this is for a"reminder".
    Thanks for all the positive feedback!

Could you add a place to record a high score so everyone using the app could see it? Sort of an on-line show tournament on every game.

#350 6 years ago
    Quoted from SteveF-Detroit:

Could you add a place to record a high score so everyone using the app could see it? Sort of an on-line show tournament on every game.

Now that's a good one. I'm not 100% I can get that up for Friday but I'll see

There are 693 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2017/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.