Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 693 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    VFW 2018 Teaser (resized).JPG
    2018_vfwshow2_v2 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    111111111111111111 (resized).jpg
    brainbleach (resized).jpg
    far-side-cartoon-blah-blah-ginger (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170518_183905_752 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-05-17-14-20-43-1 (resized).png
    baby legs (resized).jpg
    20170505_165938_resized (resized).jpg
    20170507_114908 (resized).jpg
    20170507_101558 (resized).jpg
    terrific (resized).jpg
    p3 (resized).jpg

There are 693 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.
    #201 6 years ago

Saturday is once again sold out those 25 added tickets are gone

#202 6 years ago

Any new T-shirt design in the plans?
    I got one from last year via post
    even though i was not able to attend.
    But hoping since i plan on packing light, when finally attending this show,
    i will have a new spare (clean) shirt to wear home.

#203 6 years ago

Working on the new shirt design as we speak....

Later,
    EV

#204 6 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Working on the new shirt design as we speak....
    Later,
    EV

cool I have one from every year!

#205 6 years ago

Saturday sold out! I'm glad I decided to buy mine a week ago or so. Must have just squeaked in there! Me and a lifetime friend are making a road-trip from Chicago Northwest Suburbs leaving early Saturday should be there by noon and staying overnight at a hotel. Entered the EM tournament for after closing too! Can't wait to check this out I'm sure we'll have a blast! See you all there! Didn't get an option to put a note on the paypal transaction though so couldn't get my friends name entered. I purchased two tickets and two entries so I'm sure they'll let him in and for the tournament too. You just bring the paypal receipts no actual tickets correct?

Thanks Clay for hosting this I can't wait!

Tom

#206 6 years ago

Didn't get an option to put a note on the paypal transaction though so couldn't get my friends name entered. I purchased two tickets and two entries so I'm sure they'll let him in and for the tournament too. You just bring the paypal receipts no actual tickets correct?
    Tom

Just bring paypal receipt, and you can email Clay and give your names.

#207 6 years ago

I talked to the Abel guy that was at the Ohio Show today. I asked if he would give us a price break if I could get a group of people together to make a group purchase of JJP Invisiglass and have him bring the Invisiglass to the VFW show. He said that we could negotiate something. I'm guessing it would just be the normal JJP discount for multiple sheets. The shipping costs are the killer. Shoot me a PM within the next couple of days if you are seriously interested so that I can give him a approximate count for determining cost. Include number of sheets of which size - standard or wide body. We would then need to commit with a payment.

#208 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I talked to the Abel guy

that would be gary monarch
    the monarchthe monarch

#209 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

that would be gary monarch

It could be his brother Mark as well....

#210 6 years ago

Earlier in this thread i asked if anyone was interested in going in on a group buy of JJP Invisiglass for the VFW show. If interested, PM me with size (standard or wide body) and number of sheets by Thursday and I will give the count to Gary at Abel (JJP distributor) on Friday to see what kind of cost we can work out. So far we have interested parties for a total of 4-5 sheets.

#211 6 years ago

LF: full color manual for Nascar.
    Attending on saturday.
    Send me a pm, lets see if we can work something out.

#212 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Saturday is once again sold out those 25 added tickets are gone

Since you're easily selling out, is there any talk of doing this twice a year?

#213 6 years ago

Regarding food, is it just my imagination or were hotdogs being grilled on site last year?

#214 6 years ago
    Quoted from polyacanthus:

Regarding food, is it just my imagination or were hotdogs being grilled on site last year?

not your imagination. the boone bros. do a terrific job of grilling and serving up hot dogs, brats, hamburgers and pulled pork sandwiches

#215 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

not your imagination. the boone bros. do a terrific job of grilling and serving up hot dogs, brats, hamburgers and pulled pork sandwiches

I second that. Food was very good, and reasonably priced...

#216 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Any new T-shirt design in the plans?
    I got one from last year via post
    even though i was not able to attend.
    But hoping since i plan on packing light, when finally attending this show,
    i will have a new spare (clean) shirt to wear home.

New shirts are up and available for pre-order!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vfw-aapm-2017-showcaseofficial-t-shirts-now-available-for-pre-order

VFW Showcase Shirts 2017 Overall (resized).jpgVFW Showcase Shirts 2017 Overall (resized).jpg

#217 6 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

New shirts are up

I will have $20 in hand
    when i pick up a large T
    in person at the show.

thanks and cheers
    Tom

#219 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Nice looking shirt this year!
    Terry.

Agreed! I'll be picking one up at the show!

#220 6 years ago

There's also another shirt available at the show which is a more generic

#221 6 years ago

Id like to preorder, but not sure about sizing.

Are they gildan? Fruit of the loom? Other?

Just hoping not to screw up if I prepay.

#222 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Are they gildan?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#223 6 years ago

3 weeks from now, i will be back here, asking for the latest updates on road construction
    coming from DTW to the VFW and the best way to go and what roads to avoid.

#224 6 years ago

Don't forget to have your nunchucks signed by the pinball ninja. Clay signed my son's (remember, Clay?) Great time!

#225 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

3 weeks from now, i will be back here, asking for the latest updates on road construction
    coming from DTW to the VFW and the best way to go and what roads to avoid.

What time, on what day do you plan to drive from DTW to VFW?

#226 6 years ago

Im blind.

#227 6 years ago

I will be heading over from Toronto... I will likely be in a lowered car. Should I be worried?

#228 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

on what day do you plan to drive from DTW to VFW?

I arrive into DTW about 6AM Friday morning (taking a red-eye from Portland)
    renting a car and driving, so not too worried about getting to show on time
    as that leaves me with about 4 hrs to get some grub on the way
    and still arrive in time for EM tourney start and show checkin at 10AM.
    Just want to avoid (stop and go) traffic jams. I am bringing my TomTom GPS.
    More worried about trip back to DTW airport on Sunday AM
    as my plane leaves Detroit at 7:20AM
    So probably will get up early (4AM) ,
    (assuming I am not too drunk and pass out and oversleep)
    to insure i have time to return rental car
    and get thru security at airport in time to get to gate on time.
    Assume traffic will not be too bad on sunday AM,
    but that might be when construction obstacles/detours are at their peak.
    I am willing to take the (in direct) long way around
    as long as it is not too far off the beaten path.

I was planning to take the I-275 to I-96 to Brighton then hiway23 south to the show,
    unless that route is in direct path of major construction.
    Try to avoid driving thru Ann Arbor all together.

I figure it should take 60 minutes max (either direction).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#229 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

There's also another shirt available at the show which is a more generic

Pre-order page updated with non-Show specific "Club" desgin;

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vfw-aapm-2017-showcaseofficial-t-shirts-now-available-for-pre-order

VFW Club Shirts 2017 Overall (resized).jpgVFW Club Shirts 2017 Overall (resized).jpg

#230 6 years ago

Is the back of generic T-shirt design
    a variant of Solar Fire /Grand Lizard / Black Knight PF layout?

#231 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I arrive into DTW about 6AM Friday morning (taking a red-eye from Portland)
    renting a car and driving, so not too worried about getting to show on time
    as that leaves me with about 4 hrs to get some grub on the way
    and still arrive in time for EM tourney start and show checkin at 10AM.
    Just want to avoid (stop and go) traffic jams. I am bringing my TomTom GPS.
    More worried about trip back to DTW airport on Sunday AM
    as my plane leaves Detroit at 7:20AM
    So probably will get up early (4AM) ,
    (assuming I am not too drunk and pass out and oversleep)
    to insure i have time to return rental car
    and get thru security at airport in time to get to gate on time.
    Assume traffic will not be too bad on sunday AM,
    but that might be when construction obstacles/detours are at their peak.
    I am willing to take the (in direct) long way around
    as long as it is not too far off the beaten path.
    I was planning to take the I-275 to I-96 to Brighton then hiway23 south to the show,
    unless that route is in direct path of major construction.
    Try to avoid driving thru Ann Arbor all together.
    I figure it should take 60 minutes max (either direction).

That's a good route to take to avoid the US 23 construction in progress from Ann Arbor to the Northernmost VFW exit. Only thing is that I-275 North can back up due to commuter traffic or worse if an accident occurs between 6:30 & 7:30 am. Since a lot of Red-Eyes get in early with tailwinds, check traffic on Waze or Google maps. If you're hungry for breakfast either go to the Cracker Barrel on I-94 & Belleville Road (two miles west of I-275 on I-94) or Scrambler Marie's in Canton (use waze to get there). Then resume your drive to VFW. If traffic seems clear, there's the Lil Chef in Brighton just West of US-23 on I-96 that also has good breakfast.

See you at the show!

#232 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

there's the Lil Chef in Brighton just West of US-23 on I-96 that also has good breakfast.
    See you at the show!

thanks for input
    At first thought you were referring to WMS Pinball Little Chief at some cafe in Brighton.
    Hopefully on Friday I will be going in opposite direction of most traffic
    and on sunday i will be on road way before any traffic.

#233 6 years ago

Also any strange traffic laws i should be aware of in Michigan.
    What is policy on U-turns and school zones
    and right turns on red stop lights and pedestrian right of way.
    In Oregon all U-Turns are illegal
    (unless specifically allowed by signage, only 2 places in SalemOR)
    and school zones are 20MPH instead of 25.
    And how stringent and stealth are State police on Speeding on interstate or Hiway?.

#234 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

And how stringent and stealth are State police on Speeding on interstate or Hiway?.

Traffic flows at 15-20 over the posted limits on Detroit area freeways when traffic allows. Cops usually write you at 13 over.

#235 6 years ago

All,

looking to trade my Escalera model MS-66 with the forklift and big wheel attachment.
    20170408_160246 (resized).jpg20170408_160246 (resized).jpg

Everything works fine. It's just with the extra 1.5" of depth the fork channels add, I can't make the turn on the landing down into my basement.

Looking to trade for a standard Escalera MS-66. Basically, we trade and you get the forks and big wheels for free!

Will be able to swap at the VFW show in a few weeks, or could meet along the I-94 corridor between Ann Arbor and Madison, WI.

Thanks,
    Eric V.

#236 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

For speeding use 10% rule example 70mph x 10%=7 so 77 in a 70 and you shouldn't get bothered right on red is OK unless posted same with u turns and school zones will be posted with what time the lower limit is in effect along with the lower speed
    And for the strange in some areas we have what's called a Michigan left where you go straight thru intersection then have to loop back mainly on Boulevard style roads
    And where getting more and more roundabouts

#237 6 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

For speeding use 10% rule example 70mph x 10%=7 so 77 in a 70 and you shouldn't get bothered

You will get bothered by other drivers though on I-275 & I-696 during morning & afternoon drive times. Flipped off, cut off & brakes slammed on, High beams and riding your ass by pick-up trucks etc. Been doing the commute on those highways for over 35 years ( soon after 275 opened and prior to the completion of I-696.

#238 6 years ago

I agree driving on the Indianapolis 696 and 275 can get hairy at times but I was giving general info on avoiding getting a ticket by our states finest

#239 6 years ago

There are not a lot of tickets left for Friday and Sunday (saturday is long sold out.) If you want to come to the show, my advice is don't wait too much longer to get a ticket. www.vfwpinball.com for tickets.

#240 6 years ago

Clay your less 5 tickets for friday.

#241 6 years ago

Looking to trade a skill roll playfield for a skill roll backdoor. Can bring to the show.

Other - Wanted
    Wanted! - “I have a skill roll playfield that is missing: coil plunger, and the two 80 pt switches/assemblies (should be able to use a coin door switch as replacement). The backside plies are...”
    2017-07-05
    Aurora, SD
    Wanted
    Archived after: 42 days
    Viewed: 214 times

#242 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I usually drive 20-38 miles over on the high/free ways here with out much issue. It's a flat state, as long as you pay attention in front of you to the middle you should be OK.

I have got 1 ticket in the highway in the last 4-5 years (true I am polite and white). It was a Motorcycle cop that parked under a bridge on the left side of a highway; sneaky shit. As I approached the bridge I slowed down because I saw him, just a dude from my perspective, and wondered if he needed assistance. Ha it was a state cop with a radar gun...well played Officer

Although be warned I've heard tale there's a dick cop in the small shi...er...Town (?) real close to the VFW that gives tickets.

#243 6 years ago

**** JJP Invisiglass Sale at the VFW and PATZ Show ****

I received the prices that Gary from Abel worked out with JJP for a Invisiglass sale at the shows. He is going to include the PATZ show if we can quickly get a count in time for that. It all depends on how many will actually firmly commit. The more sheets that are purchased by this group buy, the cheaper it will be. Gary's cash payment prices are as follows:

10 total group sheets or more = $255 each
    8 total group sheets or more = $265 each
    6 total group sheets or more = $275 each

Gary said that the price includes tax and his delivery to the shows for your pickup. He needs at least a weeks notice, so for the group discount to be in time for the PATZ event, we need a definite committed count by Friday. Gary will disclose how he will accept the group cash payment (the logistics of how we can get this done) once we get the count.

PM me with your committed count of sheets and what size - Standard or Wide Body, and which show you would pick the glass up at (VFW or PATZ). Give me your "real" name and phone number too to pass along to Gary. We will likely use your phone number as your password to acquire your sheets at the show (or something similar). More updates will follow as Gary feeds me the info/directions. Let's at least get 10 sheets as a group for the best discount.

#244 6 years ago

Last call for the Invisiglass sale (see post above this one ^^^). PM me by 5pm and I'll give the total count to Gary at Abel to bring to the show.

#246 6 years ago

There are very few tickets left for the show. I think Friday has one ticket and Sunday has five tickets. After that the show will be completely sold out. www.vfwpinball.com

#247 6 years ago

And in three weeks, another one will be for the books......

#248 6 years ago

Anyone coming g to the show have a tspp or congo they would sell? Or any stern pro.

#249 6 years ago

There is *one* ticket left for Friday!

#250 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

There is *one* ticket left for Friday!

I think I just purchased the last Friday ticket...

There are 693 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2017/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.