Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 693 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    VFW 2018 Teaser (resized).JPG
    2018_vfwshow2_v2 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    111111111111111111 (resized).jpg
    brainbleach (resized).jpg
    far-side-cartoon-blah-blah-ginger (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170518_183905_752 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-05-17-14-20-43-1 (resized).png
    baby legs (resized).jpg
    20170505_165938_resized (resized).jpg
    20170507_114908 (resized).jpg
    20170507_101558 (resized).jpg
    terrific (resized).jpg
    p3 (resized).jpg

There are 693 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.
    #151 7 years ago

Marvins is a great place to see. Stuff everywhere.

#152 6 years ago

Saturday is sold out

#153 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Saturday is sold out

Congrats! I'm glad I got my tickets!

#154 6 years ago

Well it's not really a good thing. We're like six weeks out and I hate to turn people away when they want to come. I'm thinking about maybe opening up 25 more tickets For Saturday.

#155 6 years ago

I would sell out Friday first. It is Cinco de Mayo that day. First 75 people in the door get a free taco made by Clay!

#156 6 years ago

I dont think 25 more tickets would make a difference. Even at peak times, ive never been more than 2 deep for a game, and thats usually mb, bbb, or the newest stern. I think last year i had to wait 4 min for gb. If i turned around, there was 4 games with no one that i could play

#157 6 years ago

How many tickets did you sell for Saturday or is that top secret?

#158 6 years ago
    Quoted from Backyardace:

How many tickets did you sell for Saturday or is that top secret?

We can't disclose that at this time.

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

We can't disclose that at this time.

Way to go all FBI Comey on us

#160 6 years ago

Open up 25 more tickets Clay. It will still be a comfortable group. You'very done a great job controlling the masses. Maybe a day-of-show first-25-in-line sort of thing?
    Terry.

#161 6 years ago

Terry, any chance youre bringing playfield glass to the show?

#162 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Open up 25 more tickets Clay. It will still be a comfortable group. You'very done a great job controlling the masses. Maybe a day-of-show first-25-in-line sort of thing?
    Terry.

25 tickets are now listed on the web page!.
    Selling at the door is not what Clay wants to do.
    Because once the show is sold out, then we have to turn guests away.
    And it would suck to be #26 in line after driving a long way.

#163 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

25 tickets are now listed on the web page!.
    Selling at the door is not what Clay wants to do.
    Because once the limit is reached then we have to turn guests away.

I get it. I am hooking a ride to the show with friends. I have no ability to bring glass along, sorry. I really just want to go to the show and enjoy Clay'so unique blend of games.
    Terry.

#164 6 years ago

No problem terry, im sure itll be nice to just enjoy the show!

#165 6 years ago

we have glass for sale at the show (usually)

#166 6 years ago

Hey clay what are the dates and cost for tickets. I loved it last year and thinking about getting 6 tickets. The tony

#167 6 years ago
    Quoted from 3pinballs:

Hey clay what are the dates and cost for tickets. I loved it last year and thinking about getting 6 tickets. The tony

http://vfwpinball.com/?page_id=179 has all of the information
    but for the web challenged, it's $30 per ticket for friday and sunday, and $35 per ticket for saturday

#168 6 years ago

Getting back to a previous post on food and drink available at the show:

There will be a concessions for food and soft drinks. Menu: Hot dogs, Sausage Dogs, Cheese Burgers, Pulled Pork Sandwiches (w/BBQ beans and slaw), snack chips & candy bars, soft drinks, water and coffee.

Tailgating is also welcome for those wishing to bring their own food or drinks.

For those wanting a more indulgent meal break, there are several restaurants 10 minutes north at the US-23 / Lee road exit (Buffalo Wild Wings, TGI Fridays, Olive Garden, Panera Bread, Johnny Carino's, Jameson's Irish Pub, Kerby Koney Island, Salsarita's Fresh Cantina)

Beyond the 10 minute range, there are multiple "higher end" meal opportunities nearby in Brighton and Ann Arbor.

Doug D.
    VFW Staff Member

#169 6 years ago

Thanks for adding tickets to Saturday Clay. I have been dragging my feet and just got my ticket. Woooohooo!!!!

#170 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Guys and girls Ann arbor is so diverse in food and culture there is no other town to eat in that is better spent around there. Unless you drive to slows. (Slows bbq in detriot is I think rated best in the world). Maybe worth the long drive.
    Ann Arbor is one of the coolest towns on earth. Enjoy!

Whoa....you might wanna slow your roll on "the best in the world" barbecue claim. It might be the best in Michigan (which is like being the smartest person in the Appalachians) but the best BBQ resides in KC, Memphis or Texas, depending on what style you like.

#171 6 years ago

Careful about going to Clays, last time I went it cost me 1100.00. After playing his Sorcerer I had to get one too.

#172 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Thanks for adding tickets to Saturday Clay. I have been dragging my feet and just got my ticket. Woooohooo!!!!

thumbs downed you for being such a slacker. I warned you tickets would go fast months ago!

#173 6 years ago

Sorry to digress on sloes and BBB. I agree slows is not the best in the world. Pretty dang good and worth the trip and the wait for dinner. Also tucked in one of the newer sections of detriot it is interesting to note santRchy detriot starts right by sloes at the Irish place. Now my memory has failed.

But I agree sloes is good. I'm not sure I have ever had the best. I cook a mean bbq so I usually skip meals of that type! And just cook my own. I know that near me here in Downey ca there are some amazing soul food hole in the walls near me I need to eat at.

Thanks for calling me out, Bbq deserves its own thread.

#174 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

we have glass for sale at the show (usually)

PDI? Invisiglass?

#175 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

PDI? Invisiglass?

No. Just standard size. Limited quantities. Don't expect to be able pick up a dozen sheets.

Doug D.

#176 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Sorry to digress on sloes and BBB. I agree slows is not the best in the world. Pretty dang good and worth the trip and the wait for dinner. Also tucked in one of the newer sections of detriot it is interesting to note santRchy detriot starts right by sloes at the Irish place. Now my memory has failed.
    But I agree sloes is good. I'm not sure I have ever had the best. I cook a mean bbq so I usually skip meals of that type! And just cook my own. I know that near me here in Downey ca there are some amazing soul food hole in the walls near me I need to eat at.
    Thanks for calling me out, Bbq deserves its own thread.

...not to discourage anyone, but the drive to Slows in downtown Detroit from the VFW is 50 miles...one way... just saying...

#177 6 years ago

So people are talking about off site food and etc. Are the tickets in/out priveledged? Or once you're​ in, you stay in?

Noobie here

#178 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

So people are talking about off site food and etc. Are the tickets in/out priveledged? Or once you're​ in, you stay in?
    Noobie here

No come and go as you please...you'll "have" to leave to see everything because there are 3 diff'rent buildings.
    There is food available in the snack shack onsite.

#179 6 years ago

I've got a brand new sheet (standard size) of invisa-glass that I can bring to the show. I bought with the intention of installing it on a machine that never happened

$300 firm cash & carry

#180 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I've got a brand new sheet (standard size) of invisa-glass that I can bring to the show.

You want me to load it up for him?

#181 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You want me to load it up for him?

you? heck no! I've seen how you treat things. heck, even your own hair is scared how you handle things

eraserhead (resized).jpgeraserhead (resized).jpg

#182 6 years ago

I consider Slows to be nothing special.
    If you want something fun try http://fowlingwarehouse.com/index.html
    There is no food made there, but they have a list of several places that will deliver to them, or lots of places between VFW and there.
    It is in Hamtramck, and that is an interesting mix of old polish and middle eastern.

#183 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No come and go as you please...you'll "have" to leave to see everything because there are 3 diff'rent buildings.
    There is food available in the snack shack onsite.

well... not exactly "leave". There are three buildings, a 15 foot door to door walk between them. Each person will have a show wrist band good for that days event. There is a different wrist band per day. You can come and go from the VFW property at will.

Doug D.
    VFW Staff Member

#184 6 years ago
    Quoted from nsduprr:

well... not exactly "leave". There are three buildings, a 15 foot door to door walk between them. Each person will have a show wrist band good for that days event. There is a different wrist band per day. You can come and go from the VFW property at will.
    Doug D.
    VFW Staff Member

Perfect. Sounds great

#185 6 years ago

Boogie woogie barbecue is about 3 miles away and is really awesome. It has all the aspects of a Memphis barbecue place but it's really close and it has decent pricing. Frankly I don't know of any better barbecue places even 30 miles away

#186 6 years ago

Oh yeah, of the 25 Saturday tickets I added yesterday they are almost all gone. If you want to Saturday ticket you need to get it now

#187 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Noobie here

You get a wristband to wear for the day, come and go as you please.

#188 6 years ago

Do any game distributors come to the show with any NIB in hand?

#189 6 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Do any game distributors come to the show with any NIB in hand?

If you set up before they can bring them sometimes.

I got my GB last year.

#190 6 years ago

I recall Trent Amusements bringing a few NIB pins with them that were sold. Abel Electronics might be able to do the same as well. Call them up. No idea what Pinball Life can bring.

#191 6 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

I recall Trent Amusements bringing a few NIB pins with them that were sold. Abel Electronics might be able to do the same as well. Call them up. No idea what Pinball Life can bring.

Terry (PBL) isn't bringing anything this year, not even pre-orders!

#192 6 years ago
    Quoted from nsduprr:

No. Just standard size. Limited quantities. Don't expect to be able pick up a dozen sheets.
    Doug D.

TheLaw had an issue picking up three sheets last year. I helped clean up the issue.

#193 6 years ago

For BBQ, Rudy's in the DFW Metroplex is the best I've ever tasted. I've been to hundreds as I've traveled a lot for my job over the past 30+ years.

#194 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

TheLaw had an issue picking up three sheets last year. I helped clean up the issue.

Remember last year when small hands weren't "in vogue" yet?

#195 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

The glass fought TheLaw and TheLaw won.

#196 6 years ago

Can anyone from MI going Saturday pick me up some Founders KBS? Bottles around here are impossible to find and when you do it's limited to one per person. Most MI stores should have it now and it will likely be gone by the time of the show. I'm willing to pay for the assistance.

#197 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

The glass fought TheLaw and TheLaw won.

I'm not sure if breaking a sheet of glass constitutes "winning"

#198 6 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Can anyone from MI going Saturday pick me up some Founders KBS? Bottles around here are impossible to find and when you do it's limited to one per person. Most MI stores should have it now and it will likely be gone by the time of the show. I'm willing to pay for the assistance.

it's already mostly gone (if not completely). it was released last week and most stores were selling the bottles to the tune of $8-10 each. like you've stated, most stores limited the purchase to 1 single bottle per person. a friend of mine drove around to multiple stores to try and get a full 4-pk

#199 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

it's already mostly gone. it was released last week to the tune of $8-10 a bottle. like you've stated, most stores limited the purchase to 1 single bottle per person. a friend of mine drove around to multiple stores to try and get a full 4-pk

I figured it was worth a shot since Founders is in MI. When you do find it around here it's $15+ a bottle. A few places do get it on tap and I'm going tonight to one of them.

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

it's already mostly gone (if not completely). it was released last week and most stores were selling the bottles to the tune of $8-10 each. like you've stated, most stores limited the purchase to 1 single bottle per person. a friend of mine drove around to multiple stores to try and get a full 4-pk

I was that guy and was able to put together 3 four packs. Pretty expensive but good stuff. download beer menu app and you will be able to find it around the area on tap. That is probably the only way you will be able to get it.

There are 693 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2017/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.