Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 693 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    VFW 2018 Teaser (resized).JPG
    2018_vfwshow2_v2 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    111111111111111111 (resized).jpg
    brainbleach (resized).jpg
    far-side-cartoon-blah-blah-ginger (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170518_183905_752 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-05-17-14-20-43-1 (resized).png
    baby legs (resized).jpg
    20170505_165938_resized (resized).jpg
    20170507_114908 (resized).jpg
    20170507_101558 (resized).jpg
    terrific (resized).jpg
    p3 (resized).jpg

There are 693 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
    #651 6 years ago

Saturday was a little crowded (more than usual), but not nearly as bad as other shows. We were there the entire day on Saturday from open until close (before the tournament) and it was plenty of time for us. The Sunday hours were a little shorter ... maybe lengthen Sunday a couple of hours. The games were in great shape - the best of any show.

I live 15 minutes away and I'm a addicted pinhead. If you need some extra help with the show next year, even for a late night shindig shift, look me up. I'd be glad to help.

#652 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I hope to attend the show someday I am from Michigan.
    I know the banning show out here in California would like to be open more. It is also a personal collection.
    The city is the blockage I believe and thier restrictions. They would open more but are restricted. I believe. .

I am pretty sure that is the case here too (city being the blockage to being open more), IIRC it has to do with the zoning that they have.

#653 6 years ago

We are indeed in the same situation as banning. Local zoning limits what we can do. It's not a huge deal for us but I've heard that the banning surrounding neighborhoods are mad about the pinball activities. As things grow out where we are that might change too. But we do have a Locked commitment from the city to keep doing what we are doing. Heck papa was also having a problem with their local city officials

#654 6 years ago

Well you're doing a great job Clay! Was our 2nd year in a row and plan to come every year! We got there around 1 on saturday & that front counter worker (Don't know his name), was super cool!! Keep up the awesome work!!

#655 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lefman:

Well you're doing a great job Clay! Was our 2nd year in a row and plan to come every year! We got there around 1 on saturday & that front counter worker (Don't know his name), was super cool!! Keep up the awesome work!!

That would be me. I've run the front desk all three days of the show since the start, and will continue to do so indefinitely. Glad you enjoyed the show!

Thanks,
    Eric

#656 6 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

That would be me. I've run the front desk all three days of the show since the start, and will continue to do so indefinitely. Glad you enjoyed the show!
    Thanks,
    Eric

Indefinitely eh?

VFW 2074

111111111111111111 (resized).jpg111111111111111111 (resized).jpg

#657 6 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Thanks,
    Eric

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#658 6 years ago

Close the place up at 8pm on Saturday, No Saturday night anything , no after hours play of any kind .

If people still need to play some pinball, Pinball Pete's is just a quick trip down the road. there is the Arcade in Brighton , many other options .

Close it down at 8pm No Mas `
    My 2c

Sir Brian of Michigan

#659 6 years ago

Ever humble ...

#660 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bribo13:

Ever humble ...

Indefinitely

#661 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bribo13:

Close the place up at 8pm on Saturday, No Saturday night anything , no after hours play of any kind .
    If people still need to play some pinball, Pinball Pete's is just a quick trip down the road. there is the Arcade in Brighton , many other options .
    Close it down at 8pm No Mas `
    My 2c
    Sir Brian of Michigan

Quoted from Bribo13:

Ever humble ...

Speaking of humble, you've upgraded from sir of ortonville to all of Michigan . Lol

#662 6 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Thanks,
    Eric

Well nice job Eric!! Was good chatting with you!!

#663 6 years ago

Crap, are we giving ourselves out titles now?!? Well then, I'm appointing myself the Count of Commerce Township.

#664 6 years ago

Prince of Pontiac here! LOL

#665 6 years ago

Assclown of Ann Arbor?

#666 6 years ago

Im just a creepy Canadian

#667 6 years ago

Of course that was post #666 of the thread

Totally not planned either

#668 6 years ago

I have had the moniker " Sir Brian of Ortonville " for some time now.

The Lord regent of Flint Knighted me a few years ago .

true Story ............

Sir Brian of Ortonville

#669 6 years ago

The guru of ganga

#670 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

did anyone notice the color DMD on Jurassic Park? Perhaps get the "eat the goat" mode? a little bloody....

video link for those interested (sorry, no "eat the goat" mode

ps
    bonus color commentary by 3 asshats (one of them is me

5 months later
    #671 6 years ago

For the 2018 show (I'll let Clay start the thread when he wishes) the US 23 FlexRoute supplemental lanes will be available to handle the traffic congestion.

They are getting ready to open.

http://www.michigan.gov/mdot/0,4616,7-151-9621_11008_78923---,00.html

#672 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

video link for those interested (sorry, no "eat the goat" mode
    » YouTube video
    ps
    bonus color commentary by 3 asshats (one of them is me

Does anyone know whether this color dmd was LCD or led? I liked it a lot

#673 6 years ago

Im going to guess LED due to how black black is.

1 month later
    #674 6 years ago

2018 date????
    I'de like to book the day off work.
    Assuming the 1st weekend of May right now.

#675 6 years ago

Dates for 2018 are posted at
    http://vfwpinball.com/

#676 6 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

2018 date????
    I'de like to book the day off work.
    Assuming the 1st weekend of May right now.

– Friday May 4th, 2018
    – Saturday May 5th, 2018
    – Sunday May 6th, 2018

Tickets will be on sale in January, http://vfwpinball.com/
    I was told Jan 1

2018_vfwshow2_v2 (resized).jpg2018_vfwshow2_v2 (resized).jpg

#677 6 years ago

Can I preorder a poster with my tix?

#678 6 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Can I preorder a poster with my tix?

As of now, no.

#679 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

– Friday May 4th, 2018
    – Saturday May 5th, 2018
    – Sunday May 6th, 2018

May the Fourth be with you!
    I'll be there the 5th unless I'm dead.

#680 6 years ago

Wondering what this year's shirts will be. Can't wait.

#681 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

I was told what the color and design theme will be, kool way kool.

#682 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Christ, watch a football game.

#683 6 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

waiting to watch U of M bowl game VS. South Carolina

#684 6 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Football seasons over didn't the Argos win just dream if the leafs where ever to hoist the cup again

#685 6 years ago

You guys and your cool show in Ann arbor. I envy you. I miss ann arbor.

If ann arbor was on the coast somewhere, I would live there., or try to.

I'm sorry I'm digressing Ann arbor is one of the coolest towns on the planet. There are like fifty reasons why...

Have fun!

#686 6 years ago

There is a show in Ann Arbor?

#687 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Here's a little teaser.....

Later,
    EV

VFW 2018 Teaser (resized).JPGVFW 2018 Teaser (resized).JPG

#688 6 years ago

Here is the link for the 2018 thread. Shirt teaser looks good! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2018#post-3839883

#689 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

You guys and your cool show in Ann arbor. I envy you. I miss ann arbor.
    If ann arbor was on the coast somewhere, I would live there., or try to.
    I'm sorry I'm digressing Ann arbor is one of the coolest towns on the planet. There are like fifty reasons why...
    Have fun!

I don't know how long it's been since you've been back to AA but you might be disappointed now, tons of high rises going up over the past five years it doesn't look the same anymore. Blocks torn down, I ca't imagine what it'll look like in five more years. Hell, even the block Pinball Pete's is on will be leveled in a year or two so it can be turned a into luxury high rise/eye sore. I hope they will move and keep going but who knows. The AA real estate market is crazy now.

This is one of the best places to play pinball in the world, sad I'll miss the show this year. Anyone going to it and looking for some food in AA off the beaten path check out T-Maz for tacos. Open fairly late, never that packed, and always quick and pretty cheap food.

#690 6 years ago

Ann Arbor did what it had to to survive. After the entire state tanked and Pfizer left taking a massive amount of prop taxes with them they had to allow more dense development... Which quite frankly they were a touch behind the times on before.
    But yeah I drive around and see massive buildings I didn't even know where there. That's lining up with a large amount of retirements from town staples like Parthenon, Middle Earth, argeros, bells pizza etc does feel like a change.

Don't worry the douchebag college kids are still here

#691 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pale_Purple:

This is one of the best places to play pinball in the world, sad I'll miss the show this year. Anyone going to it and looking for some food in AA off the beaten path check out T-Maz for tacos. Open fairly late, never that packed, and always quick and pretty cheap food.

Speaking of food, one of these just opened up across the street from Pete's;

http://smokespoutinerie.com/

Good stuff, and not in the slightest bit even remotely resembling anything healthy.....

Later,
    EV

#692 6 years ago

I grew up around ann arbor and have so many memories.

I went there a couple years ago at Christmas time. It was a blizzard. Monday night football was in detriot that night. We piled in a bar and watched the game.

And then played pinball at whiskey petes I think.

I will definitely be back there.

Also Michigan ballroom. Joe satriani. Flying in a blue dream tour.

Ann Arbor!

Vinyl, being purchased. More video games, then we went and saw night mare on elm street.

For the first time..

So many great memories!

There was an exceptional bookstore downstairs somewhere. I bought at the mountains of madness there. Also one of the employees turned me on to Clark Ashton smith at the time.

A favorite now. Including the book I bought...

It turns out this is one of my favorite books ever... Now.

Hyperborea!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#693 6 years ago

I ended up collecting the four paperback set of Clark Ashton's work. They are never far.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

When the book worker suggested this book hyperborea, they didn't even have a copy. He was reading his own copy. I saw it. I had to mail order all the dang things to read them.

First I had to mail in to get a catalog. For the books. These four will never leave while I'm alive...

To complicate things further the seller was out of country. Now we have Amazon.

There are 693 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2017/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.