Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 693 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    VFW 2018 Teaser (resized).JPG
    2018_vfwshow2_v2 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    111111111111111111 (resized).jpg
    brainbleach (resized).jpg
    far-side-cartoon-blah-blah-ginger (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170518_183905_752 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-05-17-14-20-43-1 (resized).png
    baby legs (resized).jpg
    20170505_165938_resized (resized).jpg
    20170507_114908 (resized).jpg
    20170507_101558 (resized).jpg
    terrific (resized).jpg
    p3 (resized).jpg

There are 693 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
    #1 7 years ago

Just throwing out the dates for the Ann Arbor Michigan pinball show 2017, to get it on the events page. A new tournament is added for 2017 (tournaments on Friday and Saturday). Thank you.
    May 5-7, 2017
    http://vfwpinball.com/?p=128

#2 7 years ago

Can't wait Clay, I had a great time at this year!

#3 7 years ago

Here's the scoop. Took my wife to the Oakland University show years ago and she said she'd never go to another one. I took her to yours this year and she said if it's anything like the other show ...we're leaving!

She had a blast and said next year we're bringing friends. She played pretty much any game she wanted to play without having to wait.

I wouldn't go to any other show!!!!!!!

#4 7 years ago

Yes those dates look good

#5 7 years ago

Thx again clay. Any chance of a class on sat this next year on board work. Looking forward to next May.

#6 7 years ago

Great show. I'm marking my calendar and hope to bring a few more friends!

#7 7 years ago

Any idea when the Allentown Pinfest dates are this year? I attend both shows...and would hate for there to be a conflict.

#8 7 years ago

Allentown has not announced 2017 dates. I hope they are the weekend before Ann Arbor....

2 months later
    #9 7 years ago

The Ann Arbor show will have 350 restored (no duplicate) game titles for 2017.

#10 7 years ago

but will it have a monkey that you can get your photo taken with?

#11 7 years ago

The show was great this last May and "in the neighborhood" which makes it even better. My wife and I went for 2 FULL days last year, had a blast ... and a little carpal tunnel afterwards. We played many machines that we never played before and was a good time. Looking forward to it again in 2017!

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from spiroagnew:

Any idea when the Allentown Pinfest dates are this year? I attend both shows...and would hate for there to be a conflict.

Allentown not announced but I did inquire and was told same weekend... Not firm and I don't speak for the show, so take it with a grain of salt.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Allentown not announced but I did inquire and was told same weekend... Not firm and I don't speak for the show, so take it with a grain of salt.

All these shows need to try and work around each other's dates. But their are so many these days it's not easy. Allantown is one show I will not miss!

#14 7 years ago

What about vendors that do both show? If there are any.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

What about vendors that do both show? If there are any.

None do both - there really aren't a lot vendors at Clay's show... Abel, Gameroom Guys, and Virtuapin. I think that was it and they bring games to play - not really a 'booth' / vendor area per se. Just a kick ass enormous collection to enjoy... I went last year to see it and had a blast.. Fun tournament as well. Very well done - it's definitely worth going to see it. I would think MI and PA are far enough apart that they wouldn't conflict with too many folks.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Well that stinks. I love the VFW collection, and its guarantee of fully working, one-of-a-kind games, but I can't miss the Allentown swap meet and the vendors. Hopefully there can be some sort of work-around, I'd like to continue attending both!

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

but will it have a monkey that you can get your photo taken with?

Yes, the VFW has about 50 trained monkeys. Some monkeys are valued higher than others, so photo fees will vary.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from PiscisMagnus:

Yes, the VFW has about 50 trained monkeys. Some monkeys are valued higher than others, so photo fees will vary.

sweet! that means that I get to charge people to take their picture with me!

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from PiscisMagnus:

Yes, the VFW has about 50 trained monkeys.

One of the best shows because of it. I like that there are lots of "chaperone monkeys" to make sure the machines are not abused and are right there and handy if a ball gets stuck somewhere. Very helpful. Wish all the expos had half as many of those monkeys walking around and keeping an eye on things.

#20 7 years ago

Awesome show last year (my first time attending). The best games, in the best condition, and controlled crowds....you hit the Trifecta Clay. Thanks so much. Will definitely be back in 2017.

2 weeks later
    #21 7 years ago

Cannot wait! My favorite show!

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Cannot wait! My favorite show!

Even more Machines next show!

#23 7 years ago

Hoping to have more preshow deals like 2016! Best show by far for a player. Bringing my neighbor next time since he plays in my basement constantly. He thinks my measely 19 games is awesome, he has no idea what he is in for! Top notch quality and a variety that cant be beat. And this year i promise ill finally bring a game

3 months later
    #24 7 years ago

Ticket are now available.

http://vfwpinball.com/

Last year sold out so make your plans early.

Doug D.
    VFW Member

#25 7 years ago

Loved the show last year was our first time. Already got our tickets for this year can not wait.

#26 7 years ago

One of the best events in pinball will be going Friday for sure again this year

#27 7 years ago

I'll be there all 3 days helping out being part of the (whatever color) shirt army. Wouldn't miss it. Tickets are punched for both tourneys.

#28 7 years ago

Just bought tickets for Saturday. Too bad it is the same weekend as Allentown. I choose playing pinball over buying more stuff I don't need though... I'll save money going to VFW!

#29 7 years ago

I'm going to be there this year for the first time ever. Can't wait!!

#30 7 years ago

In for Saturday. Should be a great day once again!

#31 7 years ago

Should be on everyone's bucket list to make it at least once well worth the trip no matter how far away you are thanks clay and crew for putting on another great event this year

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Tickets are punched for both tourneys.

2 tourneys this year? EM/ SS and ?

#33 7 years ago

From the VFW web site:

“3RD ANNUAL EM WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS”, on Friday morning of the show at 10:30am. Note this is *before* the show opens, so there’s no problems with games being used in the tournament while the show is open.” For the $20 cost of the tournament, you get tournament play plus lunch plus early entry to the Friday showcase.

“There is also another tournament Saturday night, our “Poker/Pinball Tourney”, at 8pm. This tournament is a unique format and is played on EM and early solid state pinball machines. The show itself closes at pm, so this tournament does not interfere with the show.

No cash prizes, just trophies.

Tickets for both tournaments (limited to 64 players) are available on the web site. Last year both sold out before the show dates. For details and more information:

http://vfwpinball.com/?p=128

#34 7 years ago

My wife & I are in! This was a great show last year. Add 50 more pins this year ... 350 or more total ... oh, yes! Something you have to experience if you never have.

#35 7 years ago

I was there last year. All machines are in absolute top condition. Lots of rare and unusual machines from the 50s to present day. I'm in!

#36 7 years ago

OK great
    Thanks again for moving the show dates as to not conflict with PAGG.
    Got tickets for Friday and SAT and EM tourneys and camping.
    Now just need to get permission from my loving wife to be able to go to the show.

#37 7 years ago

just go it's easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission

#38 7 years ago

Locked in 4 spots for the EM tourney and show Friday. The VFW is awesome.

#39 7 years ago

Still disappointed that the show conflicts with Allentown, but I guess those are the breaks. I just can't miss picking through the junk piles at the Pinfest swapmeet and the great food at the farmer's market. I've been to the first three VFW shows and had a blast...a top tier show for sure. Hopefully next year!

#40 7 years ago

Tickets purchased for fri and sat. Favorite show of the year.

#41 7 years ago

Yeah, I really wish it was not on Allentown weekend. VFW was fun last year but Allentown trumps VFW for me. I'm out for this year unfortunately but everyone going to VFW will have a blast!

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from spiroagnew:

Still disappointed that the show conflicts with Allentown, but I guess those are the breaks. I just can't miss picking through the junk piles at the Pinfest swapmeet and the great food at the farmer's market. I've been to the first three VFW shows and had a blast...a top tier show for sure. Hopefully next year!

I'm happy that this year's VFW Pinball Show will finally not conflict with Pin-a-Go-Go. I work the VFW all three days and have been unable to go West. Until this year........

#43 7 years ago

Bought tickets for Sunday. So pumped! Last year was amazing!

#44 7 years ago

Second year and will be there all three days and both tourneys can't wait. I'm even bringing a game. Mike

#45 7 years ago

It's difficult to not conflict with another show if you're doing a show in the spring. Note that we had our May 2017 dates set a year ahead (announced in may 2016.) So technically it was Allentown that decided to be the same weekend as us (they just announced their dates.) In our case there were some west coast people asking that we not be the same weekend as PinAgogo, so we made the change for them. I wish Allentown just did the weekend before (or after, since they aren't open on sunday, it would not conflict with mothers day.)

#46 7 years ago

will your "not kevin built" predator be out for people to play this year?

#47 7 years ago

Just bought my tickets! This will be my first year being able to go!

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

some west coast people asking

Thanks again Clay for shifting your dates this year,
    Now us left coasters have to step up and attend,
    I got my tickets for Friday and Saturday, just need to get my flights lined out.
    I will lobby others out here, to commit to make the well worth while trek.
    You hear me Brad and Mike?

#49 7 years ago

Just purchased four tickets for Saturday.
    Love this show, and it's only 20 minutes away!

1 week later
    #50 7 years ago

Just got tickets for saturday. There was no notes section on the paypal off the website to put the name of the second ticket, will that be a problem?

There are 693 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2017 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.