You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
spooky button wiring (resized).jpg
changetext (resized).JPG

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 months ago

very cool. Any chance of making the screen bigger?

#52 4 months ago

So no ability to change videos?

#53 3 months ago
Quoted from Palmer:

So no ability to change videos?

Its not a straight fwd thing to do on this type of display due to the size of the device and its connections.
At least not for someone with no experience of doing so.

#54 3 months ago

Here's a test for AFM launch button. Just the background loop animation so far.

#55 3 months ago
Quoted from bent98:

very cool. Any chance of making the screen bigger?

Lucky to find one that fits so no not really.

#56 3 months ago

So cool

#57 3 months ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Here's a test for AFM launch button. Just the background loop animation so far.

Love it!

Will have to see the rest of the animation, but bottom arc might look good as Mars (similar to my backboard decal).

#58 3 months ago

Whats the screen covered with? Strong enough to not break the display from being hammered on over time?

#59 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Whats the screen covered with? Strong enough to not break the display from being hammered on over time?

So far Its been fine on the desk.
Proto just sent today to a friend who's going to connect to their Pin to test out.

I cant really say 100% yet as just really got started in the final build.
Most time spent on PCB and software.

I'v tried to make it easier for people to install but there is an element of fiddly ness

#60 3 months ago

Could you do one for Medieval Madness Remake ?

#61 3 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Could you do one for Medieval Madness Remake ?

Yep after the AFM.

#62 3 months ago

I’m in!

#63 3 months ago

Added logo anim

#64 3 months ago

That is looking sweet!

#65 3 months ago

I think others would have interest in the 3rd CGC pin that also uses a large launch button - Monster Bash.

#66 3 months ago

WIZARD OF OZ! Laughing Witch, Flying Monkeys, Tornado or Ruby Slippers.......

#67 3 months ago
Quoted from Manimal:

WIZARD OF OZ! Laughing Witch, Flying Monkeys, Tornado or Ruby Slippers.......

Wizard of Oz uses a plunger...

#68 3 months ago

Right, but the start button could be workable...it uses the same 2 inch button

#69 3 months ago

EHOH please!

#70 3 months ago

While a cool animation, doesn't that title have a traditional plunger assembly and not a launch button?

Vimtoman, I'm I correct and thinking this mode will only be for pins that natively utilize the 2" launch button, or do you have other plans?

Potential games I can think of that utilize a 2" launch button (by no means comprehensive):

- Attack from Mars (original & remakes)
- Medieval Madness (original & remakes)
- Monster Bash (original & remakes)
- Rick & Morty
- Alice Cooper
- Indy 500
- X-Files
- Dr. Who
- Harley Davidson
- Demolition Man
- Dracula
- Johnny Mnemonic
- DE Star Trek
- Maverick
- Popeye
- Champion Pub

#71 3 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

While a cool animation, doesn't that title have a traditional plunger assembly and not a launch button?
Vimtoman, I'm I correct and thinking this mode will only be for pins that natively utilize the 2" launch button, or do you have other plans?
Potential games I can think of (by no means comprehensive):
- AFM/AFMr
- MM/MMr
- MB/MBr
- Rick & Morty
- Alice Cooper
- X-Files
- Dr. Who
- Harley Davidson
- Champion Pub
- Popeye
- Demolition Man
- Dracula
- Johnny Mnemonic
- DE Star Trek
- Maverick

Yes but I guess I was thinking the start button would work too

#72 3 months ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Yes but I guess I was thinking the start button would work too

Might be worth it to Vimtoman to explore if start buttons have correct hole size or if they would require additional boring. Also, there may be an issue of how close to the edge of the front face of the pin, graphics, and other obstacles it might be on certain titles. Either way, I'm sure he has his hands full now with his initial mod.

#73 3 months ago

Yet to look at the start button thread size.
Have loads to do to finalize this version.

Just hit a possible hurdle on the input switching so may be redesigning the circuit.
Whilst thats been manufacturered will continue the animations for the rest of the pins.

I think I will be ale to also cater for the later Bally pins that have the same launch button.
Indy 500 being one that a mate has so will be making that also.

#74 3 months ago

Test for beaming up of cow. looks like I need to magnify that part up.

#75 3 months ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Test for beaming up of cow. looks like I need to magnify that part up.

Looking really good. I would suggest having the UFO travel up and to the center of the foreground (thus you can make it grow), then it can beam up a larger cow in a larger beam.

#76 3 months ago

Yep going to bring the ship closer plus a closeup of the cow

but logo will be going.

1 week later
#77 3 months ago

Just a slight pause in the project as new pcb's on the way

#78 3 months ago

Not sure if you can scan the lamp input line, but MB changes the start button flash rate depending on if it is lit for plunge or for monster bomb... you could change the animation based on which flash rate you detect. That would give you four states you could sense for and provide appropriate video depending. There is sense flash - rate high, sense flash - rate low, flashing high rate to off, or flashing low rate to off. So you could display 4 videos, one for each state, if the hardware can switch animations based on an input. So for monster bash, you can play a waiting to launch ball, after you launch ball, monster bomb ready, and monster bomb used videos. A fifth video could also be worked in when ever there is no lamp signal, but this might confuse MB players who only glance to see if the button is lit to know they have any monster bombs available for the current modes running. Just some Food for thought from an interested MB potential customer.

#79 3 months ago

very cool work

#80 3 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Not sure if you can scan the lamp input line, but MB changes the start button flash rate depending on if it is lit for plunge or for monster bomb... you could change the animation based on which flash rate you detect. That would give you four states you could sense for and provide appropriate video depending. There is sense flash - rate high, sense flash - rate low, flashing high rate to off, or flashing low rate to off. So you could display 4 videos, one for each state, if the hardware can switch animations based on an input. So for monster bash, you can play a waiting to launch ball, after you launch ball, monster bomb ready, and monster bomb used videos. A fifth video could also be worked in when ever there is no lamp signal, but this might confuse MB players who only glance to see if the button is lit to know they have any monster bombs available for the current modes running. Just some Food for thought from an interested MB potential customer.

Great input and insight. Let’s see if Vimtoman can incorporate your idea!

#81 3 months ago

You need to make one for RFM while you're doing AFM.
Or is it that you can't fit a round button in a square hole?

I can help beta test RFM and DE Star Trek if needed.

#82 3 months ago

I can't see the videos (won't play on my browser I assume?) but if these are animated, LCD buttons be very careful selling them commercially as Suzo-Happ has a patent on exactly this product.

They have the patent for use in gambling/pokie machines but you can bet it will also cover pinball machines. I would be doing some research before selling these to avoid a C&D and possibly worse.

https://oem.suzohapp.com/products/buttons-decks-and-dps/buttons/lcd-pushbuttons/

If they are NOT animated LCD buttons disregard all of my post.

#83 3 months ago
Quoted from pins4u:

LCD buttons be very careful selling them commercially as Suzo-Happ has a patent on exactly this product.

IF this is indeed true; the patent office needs to be hung out to dry for approving this patent.
Talk about a trivial patent. I'm not sure of the real patent language I should use... but seriously; talk about common sense use.

#84 3 months ago

Don’t think there should be a problem as his design is diff then Suzo even Ali express has a lot of the lcd buttons. And as this is prob a pinside only batch they will not be sold in 100-1000 s

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60759925392/Lakeview-DSP-OLED-LCD-Display-Screen.html

#85 3 months ago
Quoted from pins4u:

I can't see the videos (won't play on my browser I assume?) but if these are animated, LCD buttons be very careful selling them commercially as Suzo-Happ has a patent on exactly this product.
They have the patent for use in gambling/pokie machines but you can bet it will also cover pinball machines. I would be doing some research before selling these to avoid a C&D and possibly worse.
https://oem.suzohapp.com/products/buttons-decks-and-dps/buttons/lcd-pushbuttons/
If they are NOT animated LCD buttons disregard all of my post.

What is the patent number? Patents are only as good as the claims within them, and variants can exist without being in violation. To deem that SH has some patent without actually referencing the specific patent doesn’t really do much for anyone.

#86 3 months ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Great input and insight. Let’s see if Vimtoman can incorporate your idea!

Its already been thought about and in progress just waiting for pcb's to arrive.

#87 3 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I have that already implemented in the next pcb which is on the way.
I have the option of shooter lane switch and lamp input.
So hopefully all covered.
Animation size is limited but Im looking into expanding that also.

Then reliability testing is the next step before I release

No point in going any further if it pegs out on usage.

#88 3 months ago

Flintstones also uses this button. I would love one for my game

#89 3 months ago

Sign me up for a rick and morty button

#90 3 months ago

So neat!! Count me in for one.

#91 3 months ago

Count me in for the CGC Remakes...I have all 3 and would love to add this! Looking forward to seeing how it progresses!

#92 3 months ago

OK my pcb works OK so progress is good.
Software to be continued.

One warning for all.
This is not a plug and go device.

There is some disconnecting and plugging in of connectors internally that can be frustrating to do.
During the assembly the user may damage when handling.

I will try and make it as robust as possible but cannot guarantee the device due to this. Please note.

So buyers if your OK with that then the first batch will be started when the first unit is tested out fully.

Sorry to have to post this message but theirs a lot crammed into this button.
Wires routed out , LCD display and regulating/switching circuitry that normally wouldn't be in there.

2 weeks later
#93 82 days ago

Small update.
Hopefully last pcb change.
Boards are made and on the way .

#94 82 days ago

If you do an eyeball looking around for EHOH start button I’m in.

#95 81 days ago

This project is looking awesome Vimtoman, your mods are going from strength to strength. Can't wait to see how the final product looks.

Gutted I don't have a machine with an auto launch.

1 week later
#96 70 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

This project is looking awesome Vimtoman, your mods are going from strength to strength. Can't wait to see how the final product looks.
Gutted I don't have a machine with an auto launch.

nor me . Only one pin in the house.
Going to be delayed for a bit whilst I finish off a few other mods.
Have one more hurdle to jump on this one.
Will be asking a few favours for some tests etc.

#97 69 days ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

nor me . Only one pin in the house.
Going to be delayed for a bit whilst I finish off a few other mods.
Have one more hurdle to jump on this one.
Will be asking a few favours for some tests etc.

Actually fishtales is here, so potentially that could be used for testing (with the handle removed!) Happy to help with whatever you need.

#98 69 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Actually fishtales is here, so potentially that could be used for testing (with the handle removed!) Happy to help with whatever you need.

Thanks

#99 69 days ago

Looks promising. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for updates and MBr info.

2 months later
#100 5 days ago

Did you hit a wall with this project?

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside