New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 116010)

Andromeda Owner & Fan Club

By swampfire

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Alan_L
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Andromeda Finshed 3 (resized).jpg
Andromeda Finished 2 (resized).jpg
ECC2BF1E-6196-48A7-8355-BEBFB5553DAC (resized).jpeg
8BB7DBB8-6F46-454E-ABCE-3B273527630B (resized).jpeg
IMAG0571 (resized).jpg
P8270521 (resized).JPG
P8270523 (resized).JPG
P8270519 (resized).JPG
Andromeda_BG_(resized).JPG
Andromeda_Playfield_(resized).JPG
Andromeda.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Andromeda has been at the top of my list for a long time since playing it at Lyon's Classic Pinball, and I honestly never expected to find one. Long story short, I brought one home this weekend, and I'm pretty happy. The backglass is perfect, playfield is nice, cabinet is rough. I'll be sending pics to Twisted Pins so that I can repaint it, and I may build a new head to replace the old MDF one.

The batwolf is pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a bat and a wolf mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

And of course, Andromeda is pretty much the ultimate dominatrix. She'll hold you down with 2 arms while beating you with the other 2.

Andromeda.jpg

While the gameplay and layout are what drew me to Andromeda, I think the artwork is Paul Faris's best.

#2 5 years ago

I do love Andromeda and would love to add one to my collection. Alas...as you note, they are hard to find. The best one I've ever played is owned by a fellow that posts on RGP as rcgjas. He had it at the TPF several years ago. Total fun.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#3 5 years ago

I'll bring mine to the Southern Fried Gameroom Expo for sure. If it's well-behaved, it may be in the Classics tournament.

#4 5 years ago

I would love to have an Andromeda but alas. I get ill have to settle with my Cyclopes for now

#5 5 years ago

It's interesting to compare Andromeda to Embryon, another game with great art and 2-ball multiball. One thing that always bugged me about Embryon is that there's no real reward for Multiball. Andromeda awards double scoring, which is cool. Both games require you to take dangerous shots to advance: on Embryon it's the captive ball, and on Andromeda it's the drop targets. Both games have a "secret passage", where the ball disappears under a playfield plastic. I think this is a great feature, but it's rarely used. Finally, look at the women in the artwork. Embryon's women were created to serve (I assume they are great cooks). But Andromeda will jerk a knot in your tail, if you get out of line. She doesn't need her bat-wolves to protect her; they are just her companions.

I love both games, and I think I'll put them next to each other for a while.

#6 5 years ago

Is your pin in working order or does it need help?

#7 5 years ago

It's working fine. I just need to remove a game to get it into the lineup.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Andromeda has been at the top of my list for a long time since playing it at Lyon's Classic Pinball, and I honestly never expected to find one. Long story short, I brought one home this weekend, and I'm pretty happy. The backglass is perfect, playfield is nice, cabinet is rough. I'll be sending pics to Twisted Pins so that I can repaint it, and I may build a new head to replace the old MDF one.
The batwolf is pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a bat and a wolf mixed...bred for its skills in magic.
And of course, Andromeda is pretty much the ultimate dominatrix. She'll hold you down with 2 arms while beating you with the other 2.

While the gameplay and layout are what drew me to Andromeda, I think the artwork is Paul Faris's best.
Very Cool when I find out someone got into an odd ball game when I have them in LCP. The non DMDs don't make as much but I don't care, they are what make it interesting.
Love me some Andromeda

Andromeda.jpg 190 KB

1 month later
#9 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

What a great story and I was at Lyon's yesterday and Kevin the owner shared how you posted this gives him awesome and positive vibes. It's a fun game and I've looked to buy one and if I ever do find one for sale will purchase.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I would love to have an Andromeda but alas. I get ill have to settle with my Cyclopes for now

I like Cyclopes and Game Plan made some interesting games between it and Andromeda and Sharpshooter.

1 month later
#11 5 years ago

I did an intense shopout on my new Andromeda, totaling about 24 hours (I'll post pics tomorrow). My main issue right now for the restoration is that the red drop targets seem impossible to find. I understand that I can use Data East drop targets, but I can't find those either. I'm even thinking about trying Gottlieb drop targets, which are slightly more narrow but should work.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I did an intense shopout on my new Andromeda, totaling about 24 hours (I'll post pics tomorrow). My main issue right now for the restoration is that the red drop targets seem impossible to find. I understand that I can use Data East drop targets, but I can't find those either. I'm even thinking about trying Gottlieb drop targets, which are slightly more narrow but should work.

How many do you need?

#14 5 years ago

Great price. I just need the 6. I'm starting to think they're impossible to find.

#15 5 years ago

Pretty sure I put Gottlieb targets in mine and then the whole bank needs to be shimmed down with a few washers to make them the correct height.Seemed like the way to go since NOS Game plan targets may be brittle .

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm starting to think they're impossible to find.

In red? Yes they have become nearly impossible to find - both original and DE - unless someone is parting.

viperrwk

#17 5 years ago

The Gottlieb drop targets are narrower, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I had a ball hang on drop #4 last night; that would probably go away.

2 months later
#18 5 years ago

Just joined the club. Yay! Took me 10 months to get this one out of the dude's hands. This one just sorta fell into my lap. I was having my basement finished and the drywall guy said he had one in storage he would be willing to sell. All he had was a pic of the side with all his junk on it. He said he got as partial payment for a previous job. He didn't even know what he had. So I definitely needed to save it from obscurity.

8 months later
#19 4 years ago

Finally got mine fully working. But I noticed now that the lamps work, is my backglass has no letters in the mask for the Game Over, Tilt, Ball in play etc... Just blank spaces in front of the controlled lamps. This is probably why Paul Faris signed it. It was a reject. Man, I should have bought that one on ebay back during Christmas. Anyway, what are all the lamps supposed to say and what is the font? I am thinking of printing some stickers to put on the front. I am guessing the left one is Tilt, the bottom ones say Ball in Play and Credits respectively and the one on the far right next to the A is Game Over, correct? What do the top and upper right ones say?

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

I do love Andromeda and would love to add one to my collection. Alas...as you note, they are hard to find. The best one I've ever played is owned by a fellow that posts on RGP as rcgjas. He had it at the TPF several years ago. Total fun.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

We had 3 of those dang things and a whitewood and they are all gone except 1. I look back and shake my frickin head on what was I doing.

#21 4 years ago

Here are pics of my game. Playfield is in real good shape. You can sorta see the lack of words in the Backglass mask in front of the controlled lamps. Question, the Shoot Again lamp is the only one which doesn't light up during attract mode but works in game and test. I assume this is normal? They just didn't want people to think there was a ball waiting or something?

Andromeda_Playfield_(resized).JPG

Andromeda_BG_(resized).JPG

1 year later
#22 3 years ago

took 4 years to find but I finally joined this club!!!!

Any issues with LEDs in this game?

Any tips or anything I should know. Hope to get the game set up this week and then start tearing it all apart.

#23 3 years ago

this is a pretty small club. Just realized only 27 listed pinsiders with the game and it seems a few are not active members anymore, so probably more like 20 of us.

#24 3 years ago

with only 20 of us, I am guessing someone has tried LEDs?

#25 3 years ago

Tearing my game down so figured I'd share a few photos.

Such a beauty of a game!

P8270519 (resized).JPG

P8270523 (resized).JPG

P8270521 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

this is a pretty small club. Just realized only 27 listed pinsiders with the game and it seems a few are not active members anymore, so probably more like 20 of us.

Maybe less. Wish I had one! Such a killer looking game.

#27 3 years ago

Yeah, I'm gonna have to ask you guys to stop posting; due to my envy.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from SunnRAT:

Maybe less. Wish I had one! Such a killer looking game.

Not only is it a great looker, it is a fantastic shooter. Very well layed out with appropriate risk v reward of shots. Unique design but fun to go to work on. Something so satisfying about the two ball multi and challenge of boosting the spinner value, multiplying the pf, and then ripping a spinner. Trying to do it and keep the multi alove is great.

Great sounds also which is always a big thing for me. Loving this game and was fortunate to get some more time on the one in CO so i could make sure to tune mine in appropriately while finishing up the rebuild.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Yeah, I'm gonna have to ask you guys to stop posting; due to my envy.

Sorry, no can do.

#30 3 years ago

Can anyone please confirm for me...

Do your standup targets have foam behind them?

Does not appear to have been stock on Andromeda or other GP games.

1 month later
#31 3 years ago

What a lovely club to be in!

IMAG0571 (resized).jpg

#32 3 years ago

congrats! nice looking example!

you have it on route? (looks like it from photo)

5 months later
#33 2 years ago

whysnow what did you find regarding LEDs on this game? Curious

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

congrats! nice looking example!
you have it on route? (looks like it from photo)

I put it in our parlor for a month or so, so everyone in league could get a chance to play. It's at home now, it'll get the full restore treatment this summer.

3 weeks later
9 months later
#36 1 year ago

Has anyone put Titans on their game, and if so, what colors did you go with? Also, does anyone have a ring list available? I'm having trouble tracking down the quantity and sizes.

9 months later
#37 10 months ago

Finally got an Andromeda after 7 years of searching..... Came to me with multiple undisclosed problems-- blown 5 volt fuse, leaky chip on MPU, sound board which caught fire after replacing fuse, pop bumper coil which locked on, etc. It's going to take some work to get this baby going....

3 weeks later
#38 9 months ago

Finally got her up and running! Only issue is that only six digits work with scoring. Anyone know what the issue might be?

#39 9 months ago
8BB7DBB8-6F46-454E-ABCE-3B273527630B (resized).jpegECC2BF1E-6196-48A7-8355-BEBFB5553DAC (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#40 8 months ago

Looking to buy if anyone in the group is willing to part with their Andromeda. Prefer within 6-7 hours of eastern NC but shipping possible. Want add running in Market. Thanks.

4 months later
#41 3 months ago

I am really enjoying my newly restored Andromeda...it popped up in the Stargate thread but thought I would show it off here. I bought it as a "non-working" near basket case machine. Playfield was severely worn and was sent off to Chris Hutchins for restoration, I completely refurbished the cabinet (rebuilt the rear lower cabinet as chunk of wood was missing), filled and block sanded the entire exterior then had it painted black. I re-stenciled the graphics using stencils from Pinball Pimp (those stencils worked great) then took the cabinet back and had it clear-coated in gloss. Boards gone through, playfield mechanics and switches gone though...pop-bumpers completely rebuilt. The rusty side armor and legs (legs rusted from animal urine) was powder coated in metallic yellow to match the yellow in the side art...I will no doubt get some criticism on that decision but I think it turned out quite well. I should add, I had a lot of help from some great friends to get my Andromeda to this stage.

Andromeda Finished 2 (resized).jpgAndromeda Finshed 3 (resized).jpg

#42 3 months ago

shes a beaut clark!

#43 3 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

shes a beaut clark!

Thank you...I really appreciate it.

#44 3 months ago

Green with envy. A lot of effort not to mention expense. Results are justified.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Worth, TX
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 334.95
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 94.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 78.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 35.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside