10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by pinsanity
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5d5ac2414f2799029b2cace6fb243fd4 (resized).jpg
    5C90843B-86B4-4D74-9BF7-AF29FD653B49 (resized).png
    D5DD5B24-734E-4A62-88F7-2E009D5F4DDE (resized).png
    the-critic-feat-uproxx (resized).jpg
    E8960400-DA73-4968-84AA-BD73035973FD (resized).jpeg
    index (resized).png
    hydrofoil-boats (resized).jpg
    images (1) (resized).jpeg
    do61c (resized).jpg
    zzzzzz Andrew (resized).png
    IMG_0216 (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Andrew (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180401-200610 (resized).png
    AR-180119806 (resized).jpg
    AR-170509746 (resized).jpg

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 6 months ago

Sounds like another business he'll sink

#102 6 months ago

Or jump ship and leave investors just floating around.

...see what I did there?

#103 6 months ago

Are Andrew’s pending ventures schemes or sound ventures? Wondering if there’s been learning and evolution of stewardship?

#104 6 months ago
    Quoted from Fliptastic:

Sounds like another business he'll sink

Quoted from SunKing:

Or jump ship and leave investors just floating around.
    ...see what I did there?

#105 6 months ago

I knew journalistic standards were dropping here.

index (resized).png

#106 6 months ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

[quoted image]

Fixed it for them.....

E8960400-DA73-4968-84AA-BD73035973FD (resized).jpeg
    #107 6 months ago

He truly is a worthless piece of shit....

#108 6 months ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

[quoted image]

Is this recent or from the bunch of stuff in March / April?

7 News seems like a pretty big fig leaf.

#110 6 months ago

More proof what a scum he is. Doing it with pinball money.

#111 6 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

More proof what a scum he is. Doing it with pinball money.

The ending of that video is absolutely comical!

Andrew “is this crazy? Probably but I like to do things against conventionality”

Yep you definitely go against conventionality when it comes to business where most have some form of success you sir fail time and time again!

#112 6 months ago

Wow ... Feb 2017. Can you imagine if that had broken into the pinball community at the time? Amazing that he'd give that interview back then and risk it leaking out.

I'm assuming the investors didn't see this before they took over ... they'd already accused him of siphoning money out of the company in 2016 (around the time he bought the hydrofoil).

Plan has evolved seemingly. Now it appears he wants to operate it. Here it's stated that he intended to use it as his own private yacht, after a homecoming to Sydney ... you couldn't make this shit up.

Also states it'll be on the water in under a year ... but it looked to still be rusting away earlier this year.

#113 6 months ago

It aired on the 7 TV news here as a puff piece advertorial just over a week ago and caught my attention.

Why they chose to give it another run 18 months later is anyone's guess but I would have to assume he would have to have contacted the station again to do so? Spruiking another round of local investor interest?

#114 6 months ago

That is such an unflattering screengrab, he looks like he's auditioning for the vacant spot left behind by Barry Chuckle.

#115 6 months ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

It aired on the 7 TV news here as a puff piece advertorial just over a week ago and caught my attention.
    Why they chose to give it another run 18 months later is anyone's guess but I would have to assume he would have to have contacted the station again to do so? Spruiking another round of local investor interest?

Can you please reshare the video link?

#116 6 months ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

Can you please reshare the video link?

post 109 has it.

#118 6 months ago

Have there been any updates on the hyddro foil adventure? I’d love to see an ongoing video diary of the intercontinental ocean odyssey.

#119 6 months ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Wow ... Feb 2017. Can you imagine if that had broken into the pinball community at the time? Amazing that he'd give that interview back then and risk it leaking out.

It would have been deleted on the grounds of irrelevance.

I have generally found that forewarning in the global pinball community as a sincere means to prevent loss/hardship for others doesn't seem to be an acceptable practice until after the event has occurred at which point the intent of forewarning itself becomes rather moot.

#120 6 months ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

I have generally found that forewarning in the global pinball community as a sincere means to prevent loss/hardship for others doesn't seem to be an acceptable practice until after the event has occurred

The problem is when people can't post their thoughts without claiming them as facts. Add liability into that.. and you get the timid approach seen now.

The problem is not 'pro-manufacturer' or whatever... it's lack of accountability and generally horrible communication skills. Throw people using burner accounts into the mix.. and you have a situation that is unsustainable.

Make a claim.. back it up.. and support it.. it would stay.

#121 6 months ago

It couldn't have been deleted, because it was straight from the horse's mouth.

Though obviously your general point is relevant.

#122 6 months ago

Buy my boat!

the-critic-feat-uproxx (resized).jpg
    #123 6 months ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Buy my boat![quoted image]

Pay now and I'll ship it in....... two weeks.

#124 6 months ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

The problem is when people can't post their thoughts without claiming them as facts. Add liability into that.. and you get the timid approach seen now.
    The problem is not 'pro-manufacturer' or whatever... it's lack of accountability and generally horrible communication skills. Throw people using burner accounts into the mix.. and you have a situation that is unsustainable.
    Make a claim.. back it up.. and support it.. it would stay.

That's not how it works. It is a logical impossibility to claim a future event as 100% factual.

What you do instead is use propensity evidence by making the community aware by posting activity of past fraudulent behaviour as being indicative of likely future behaviour as the barometer that the activity will occur again. Elevating that barometer is when those involved show absolutely no remorse for past or present said behaviour.

It's going to require some people here to adopt a level of proactive critical thinking to extrapolate rather than just the same old reactive post event extraneous excuse making and blame shifting which we have heard countless times before.

3 weeks later
    #125 5 months ago

As an Australian American dual citizen, I need updates. Can anyone please shed light on the latest in bringing Curl Curl hydrofoil home to Sydney Harbour.

I’ll bet if there is enough notice Sydney City council would welcome Andrew with parade and fanfare.

#126 5 months ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

As an Australian American dual citizen

that stated ... we are now looking to you for some updates

1 week later
    #127 5 months ago

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-Oce-Arizona-350GT-CMYK-Wide-Format-Printer/153188670649?hash=item23aac19cb9:g:7JUAAOSwsl9bmrRf

He's selling a printer if anyone needs one. Give him a ring he might have an update?

#128 5 months ago

anyone know if that is the printer that was purchased to do all the plastics in house ?

#130 5 months ago

Someone needs to show that to the insolvency group

#131 5 months ago

So the insolvency group says its not recoverable. It was financed. And at the time more was owed on it than it was worth

#133 5 months ago

selling financed items must be illegal?

#134 5 months ago
    Quoted from russdx:

people do it though all the time I knew a guy once who years ago rented a big gigantic T.V from one of those rental outfits & after only making 1 or 2 payments he then sold it for cash to his roommate who knew full well where it came from

#135 5 months ago

the rental company must come after you though? Or people just using fake details?

#136 5 months ago

I'm wondering how he managed to take that monster printer with him?

#137 5 months ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Quoted from way2wyrd:

So the insolvency group says its not recoverable. It was financed. And at the time more was owed on it than it was worth

Regardless of that, how did he come into possession of these pieces of equipment?

Was this a trick like the one he pulled with the landlord of the second (and penultimate) factory premises? Putting Heighway Pinball Sales Ltd on the lease instead of Heighway Pinball Ltd and fleeing, owing £90k?

If it was his name on the lease or purchase agreement, then I'm guessing the company was paying for it at least whilst he was there ... yet he has it.

#138 5 months ago

Pretty good feedback rating

D5DD5B24-734E-4A62-88F7-2E009D5F4DDE (resized).png
    #139 5 months ago
    Quoted from russdx:

the rental company must come after you though? Or people just using fake details?

Yes!! I remember that little stunt followed him a long while , even after the rental company went under but in this circumstance who knows... remember the article mentions him saying he sold a successful pinball business or some such thing

#140 5 months ago

OMG. So funny. He is suck a scammer!! Such a shame!!

#141 5 months ago

maybe this was how Andrew was able to steal the printer.

5C90843B-86B4-4D74-9BF7-AF29FD653B49 (resized).png
    1 month later
    #142 4 months ago

10 minute radio interview with selective backstory and latest spruiking from 6:15 onwards.

https://2ser.com/return-sydneys-hydrofoils/

2ser is a Sydney based community radio station - not a national broadcaster.
    5d5ac2414f2799029b2cace6fb243fd4 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 19.95
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 21.00
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 137.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside