(Topic ID: 311647)

(removed) Screwed me over

By Pinbub

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220310_181921 (resized).jpg
    011016F7-67F6-42A6-9B3C-551C705EB194 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20220312-111823.png
    8C0ACF61-3968-4F6F-B65C-B98F6B2D9F62 (resized).jpeg
    5D2BAA35-703B-40CE-B553-0F98CFE336F1 (resized).jpeg
    door 6 (resized).jpg
    33B4D2F5-AFEE-4B21-A56E-B01F860F4D69.gif
    5976D934-0615-4EF6-8571-70F48A0FDD23 (resized).jpeg
    throat-punch-threat.gif
    8A4E26DE-2F78-4D8A-AC29-A5338A257164 (resized).jpeg
    Will-Ferrel-meatloaf-ma-mum-home-cooking-food.gif
    backbox2.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3111 (resized).JPG
    you-get-a-5ae87f (resized).jpg
    D9F27D8A-F19C-441C-B5E8-30F53777C724 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 2 years ago

I purchased a Gottlieb Soccer pinball from Andrew Harris in Richmond CA. The price for the machine was $375. I offered $325. I was told by Andrew that his price was firm. I reviewed the pictures and decided to pay his price. That was partially based on the fact that the back box door was included, as shown in the pictures.

I put down a $50 deposit and told him I would pay the rest when the machine was picked up. I told him the day I made the deposit that I would be out of town for about a week. I was traveling to Reno for my wife's birthday. Andrew grumbled about machines that were sold,but hadn't been picked up yet.

I offered to have the machine picked up by my parents. Mostly as a favor to him as he was bitching about sold machines that were still sitting at his place.

Now Andrew Harris won't return any correspondence. He's ghosting me. I had my parents going close enough to him to pick up the back box cover TODAY.

Andrew Harris, you were firm on your price. Could I get everything that was included in the sale? If you think I'm letting this go you'd be wrong. I'll be wearing a shirt about what a douche you are at the next west coast show weather it be GSPF or CAX.

Is it too hard to do what's right?
    Screenshot_20220302-182256 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220302-182256 (resized).png

#2 2 years ago

#Andrew Harris Andrew Harris

#3 2 years ago

Maybe sold it to someone else for double in this market. I wouldn't let a game that cheap sit for a week, deposit or no. Things happen.

Anyway, popcorn popping. These threads seldom go well.

#4 2 years ago

This thread will vanish, but at any rate, it’s extremely inappropriate to dox someone when you have a disagreement. Why publish his picture? What are you trying to do?

#5 2 years ago

Note to self. Don't do business with OP as he acts kinda like a creep if he feels jilted

#6 2 years ago

So, did you get the game or not? Sounded like you got it yesterday.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-graffiti-

#7 2 years ago

Sounds like the OP put down $50 and is being ghosted. I'd be pissed too.

#8 2 years ago

It appears he is missing the back door. Not clear from his rant here, but from the graffiti post he started, it appears the game is in his possession.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Anyway, popcorn popping.

Just poured a beer to go with your popcorn @yancy!

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Sounds like the OP put down $50 and is being ghosted. I'd be pissed too.

I paid the deposit and HE agreed to have it picked up a week later. I only had it picked up earlier to help HIM out because he was bitching. If any of you made a deal and didn't get everything in the deal included you'd be crying like babies as well
    Don't act like you wouldn't be pissed if everything shown IN THE AD wasn't included.

If you are so unethical that you'd sell something without EVERYTHING you showed in the ad than you're as big a douche as ANDREW HARRIS. Don't act like you wouldn't be pissed at a failed deal.

So I guess given the responses so far I know who I shouldn't deal with. Are you people kidding me?

So you people who disagree feel likes it's justified to include things in a deal that you don't include?

Please send me your name or picture so I can punch you in the throat next time you're on the west coast.Thieves are scum, if you align yourself with scum, you're scum too.

#11 2 years ago

Not a rant, it's a rip off. Who wants to step up and claim their glad not to get everything included in a deal.

Paid for everything shown. Didn't get everything shown. Seriously who would put up with that? Please be the first to say your happy with everything not included in a deal. You shit stirring bastards would be PISSED, as would anyone with half a fucking brain.

#12 2 years ago

You agreed to buy a game without seeing it in person. That's an invitation to disaster. I realize you're in a relative pinball desert, but if you choose to do long distance purchases, these things are going to happen. Hope you get it straightened out.

#13 2 years ago

Did your parents pick it up? The back has to come off to remove the head, did they know that? Would they ask for that?

I've dealt with Andrew many times and I can't imagine him screwing someone over for a door. Why he's not responding to you I can't say.

#14 2 years ago

Disclaimer: I'm a good friend of Andrew.

Are you mostly unhappy about not getting the back box door? I have seen that machine for months and it's a bargain at the price he sold it for.

Did you want me to see if I can help you get the door as I'm in the Bay Area with him?

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

why he's not responding to you I can't say.

Would you ?!

Can only imagine the Insane messages mr Harris is getting from mr. sunshine.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

It appears he is missing the back door. Not clear from his rant here, but from the graffiti post he started, it appears the game is in his possession.

Ah, now I get it. Thanks!

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

Please send me your name or picture so I can punch you in the throat next time you're on the west coast.Thieves are scum, if you align yourself with scum, you're scum too.

Lovely ! Whatever problem you have with that guy, it does seem to me that you are a bit of a freak.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

Please send me your name or picture so I can punch you in the throat next time you're on the west coast

Yikes man. It's Friday afternoon. Have a drink, put this out of your mind, enjoy your weekend, try to contact him again Monday. Life's too short to punch throats over a backbox door.

#19 2 years ago

OP. maybe you should be patient…. Just like you were traveling to Reno, maybe Andrew is traveling. I don’t someone wants to scare you out of the back panel for a <$400 machine. Try having some patience and not being a douche yourself by posting somebody’s picture. I hope you guys can resolve this issue

#21 2 years ago

File under potential bad ideas: sending my parents to go pick up a pinball machine.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

Disclaimer: I'm a good friend of Andrew.
    Are you mostly unhappy about not getting the back box door? I have seen that machine for months and it's a bargain at the price he sold it for.
    Did you want me to see if I can help you get the door as I'm in the Bay Area with him?

I've met you at the flipper room. I don't want drama, I never meant for it to come to this. I just want what I paid for. I contacted Andrew for 3 days and I got no response. I get that people aren't online daily but I've done business on line since 1999. If you're actively selling stuff, check in on w and then.

I just want my back door. I offered to have it picked up today, seller didn't respond. Now I'll burn another $60 in gas to pick it up. Funny how things become a priority when people get called out.k

#23 2 years ago

Love the big energy here. Total alpha stuff bro. Unacceptable to be shorted a piece of flimsy metal.

#24 2 years ago

In before the lock.

#25 2 years ago

I'm trying to delete the drama. I'm dealing with Andrew now. I just want I paid for. I think it might have been an oversight on his end but I contact him for 3 days without a response I get a little edgy. I just want what I paid for. I'm not an ass but if I don't get what I paid for and get ghosted for 2 days I get a little up tight.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

I've met you at the flipper room. I don't want drama, I never meant for it to come to this. I just want what I paid for. I contacted Andrew for 3 days and I got no response. I get that people aren't online daily but I've done business on line since 1999. If you're actively selling stuff, check in on w and then.
    I just want my back door. I offered to have it picked up today, seller didn't respond. Now I'll burn another $60 in gas to pick it up. Funny how things become a priority when people get called out.k

I just texted Andrew and the door is waiting there for you. It got lost in the shuffle and he's ok with you (or parents) picking it up.

Just to be helpful, he just got freaked by the interchange. Stuff happens.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

I don't want drama,

That went out the window when you posted here!

Certainly understand you being upset over not getting what you paid for but two days is not a lot of time. As others eluded too maybe Andrew had something come up. These days with all that's going on pinball is not at the top of everyone's list.

Quoted from jbovenzi:

I just texted Andrew and the door is waiting there for you. It got lost in the shuffle and he's ok with you (or parents) picking it up.

Just to be helpful, he just got freaked by the interchange. Stuff happens.

and problem solved

#28 2 years ago

I can understand your wanting what you paid for. Probably just a simple mistake, be patient it will work out. It could be worse, you could of the gotten the rat shit NBA Fastbreak:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-machine-arrived-rodent-droppings-amp-urine-in-cabinet-now-what#post-6822332

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

So you people who disagree feel likes it's justified to include things in a deal that you don't include?

I don’t think people think this as much as they disagree with how you're going about trying to resolve the issue. It could be a simple mistake and you’re calling him out to be a total scumbag. Why don’t you give him a fair opportunity to try and correct this before going totally nuclear.

#30 2 years ago
    images.jpeg-19 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-19 (resized).jpg
    #31 2 years ago

Pinbub, when you pick that door up, I'd bring him a Filet-o-fish as an apology.

#32 2 years ago

Good Lord. So now you were doing him a favor by picking it up early when he agreed to hold it a week for you, you had your parents pick it up from all indicators, which I'm assuming means they have no idea how to remove the head for transport, so we can assume he did this for you also. During that time, the backdoor gets missed or misplaced as people can make mistakes. Considering your responses here, I cringe to think what you sent to the seller.

#33 2 years ago

Wow, If I ranted like this for all the beyond bad things that have happened to me in my life, you'd have to spend a couple of days reading my thread. Move on to the next screwed up thing that will happen to you, believe me it's non stop, and learn from it.

#34 2 years ago

I imagine you will be embarrassed when you look back and read your own thread. A real tough guy that gives out throat punches.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Why he's not responding to you I can't say.

i can.

#36 2 years ago

OP needs to chill out a bit. Take a breath and relax for a day or two, it’s the weekend.

#37 2 years ago

Op needs to change the title of this thread and apologize to the seller.

#38 2 years ago

Why? I don't see him active on pinside

#39 2 years ago

Is anyone else kinda-sorta hoping this missing piece is just ever so slightly misshapen so that it doesn’t match up perfectly?

#40 2 years ago

Maybe your parents flipped the door for a profit

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

I'll be wearing a shirt about what a douche you are at the next west coast show

Quoted from Pinbub:

I don't want drama, I never meant for it to

Ok.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

Not a rant, it's a rip off. Who wants to step up and claim their glad not to get everything included in a deal.
    Paid for everything shown. Didn't get everything shown. Seriously who would put up with that? Please be the first to say your happy with everything not included in a deal. You shit stirring bastards would be PISSED, as would anyone with half a fucking brain.

Could you play Misty for me?

#43 2 years ago

I just want a Filet-O-Fish!

#44 2 years ago

Sounds like the rant of a man with no friends to help him pick up a machine!

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

I often peruse Pinside because it’s less toxic than Twitter.

#47 2 years ago

I'm not sure that this thread is sending the message that the OP intended to the rest of us.

#48 2 years ago

I've accidentally sold a game to someone with the back door left behind, happens as you're talking pinball smack and need to remove it to remove head bolts and whatnot. Always a PIA but not like this. Yikes!

#49 2 years ago

I have know Andrew for years and he is a very stand up guy. Has helped me move pins, lent me tools, given me parts for free and is a great friend. He is a stand up dude and I always tell people don’t hesitate to deal with him and would continue to do so.

#50 2 years ago

Andrew Harris for the win on how to stack your project pins.

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/andrew-harris-screwed-me-over and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.