• Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1030352.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Hi,
I just posted a video of Andre's test ROM V2 running on my Flash System4 boards:

I just wanted to share the experience with all interested pin nerds around.
This ROM has more tests and is more precise in its diagnostics than the famous Leon's ROM.
It helped me debug the blanking signal: With Leon's test ROM the blanking signal didn't blink but the last test of Andre's ROM did make the blanking (and flipper relay) blink.

Very good debug tool for Williams System 3-7.

#2 11 years ago

I guess I was using a prior version, but I could never get it to work. Thanks for the posting the vid. Could you also post or link to the ROM image.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#4 11 years ago

I think it's way easier to debug with the diagnostic LEDs tool instead of just counting the blinks. It is easy to build. It took me just a moment to construct it with 8 LEDs, 8 resistors, a connector case and 8 trifurcons. I used 100 Ohm resistors instead of 1k ohm (didn't have them) as specified in the doc but it is working good.

P1030352.JPGP1030352.JPG

#5 11 years ago

I will have to give that a closer look. I just finished 6 sets of Sys 3-7 boards and used Leon's test ROMS along with some of Hans Hasse's diagnostic tools.

Have a firepower MPU coming in a few days, will look forward to giving it a try!

9 months later
#6 10 years ago

I was going to give this a try on a Sys7 board I'm troubleshooting but I'm a bit confused by this in the document:

"Only for level 7 boards: Make the following jumper's W23 (typical setting W22), W12 (typical setting W11), W 9 (typical setting W10)."

Can some please explain what exactly these are getting jumped too?

Thanks

1 month later
#7 10 years ago

Digging this one up as I'm going through a really hard to diagnose board right now.

The jumper settings shown are done to change the IC17 to read from a 2716 chip instead of a 2532, and moves the ROM address for IC20.

I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but you could probably just double it up on a 2532 and leave the jumpers alone. Will report back in the future on this.

#8 10 years ago

Ok, I can confirm. You do NOT need to change the jumpers on a System 7 board to run this rom. You can simply double it up on a 2532, and it will run just fine.

Also, John is correct that you can use one of my LED bar boards on the display strobe header at 1J7 for this test as well.

-Hans

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/andre-test-rom-v2-in-action and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.