Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jgreene
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Currently subscribing to Disney plus?”

• Yes, enjoying it 3 votes
      50%
    • Yes, but could quit any time 0 votes
    • No, not interested 3 votes
      50%
    • No, political protest 0 votes

(6 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FhK48O1XkAIbn5j (resized).jpg
    6wrw8g (resized).jpg
    F56EDF47-9897-4C90-B560-5DD20DFFA435 (resized).jpeg
    64F1CAD1-6BEF-4305-9998-87EF123041BF (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 1 year ago

It could work out. You have a very interesting, but forced, drab SW world full of shitbags, the underworld of SWpunk ruin etc. The issue comes with Andor, which has to be (so far) one of the all time worst leading SW characters. They've got their work cut out for them in that regard. Hes a whiny, dirty, scummy Frenchman that doesn't have many interesting attributes; yet.
    The first thing that happens 8 minutes into the show or whatever I was fully in; baddass. Then we just got a bunch of boring groundwork laid for later.
    See what happens in 2 &3

#12 1 year ago

3 episodes, same old Andor. The only interesting chance they had was the empire cop was actually the small boy on the mining planet of France.
    There's stupid and then there's the old "engines on the ceiling battle."
    Sure sure; British Colonialism and all that.
    Very very tough to turn this character around. And um, I think I've already see him be the same prick in Rogue 1 so I don;t really get the endgame here.

1 week later
    #15 1 year ago

Oh how cute; it's a proper WWII movie now.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

... That’s exactly what the first movie is

"Proper;" as in the drab green & brown color palette, practicing marching, little scale replicas of Nazi strongholds etc

#20 1 year ago

Episode 6

Completely 100% solid. Just end the season there with a Henry Hill laughing in the shower moment.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL. I'll give it this: If your friends are complaining about the pace, it moves along about 10,000,000 times faster than Rings of Power.

Meh I put them aboot equal personally; Rings is much easier watch for me and LOTR aren't really my thing. Hmm...I do skip over a lot if the Hobbits parts though
    Andwhore has 6 more episodes to become the lifelong Rebellion master he was in R1.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I know folks dont like not having space wizards and that it's a slower paced show...

Rouge universe isn't for everyone. it's whole purpose is so the shit SW doesn't show; which is a great idea. All the casualties of a galactic military power sucking the life out of everything is awesome; and I can watch it all day. Fat British colonizers marching around & mopey fired Empire guy hanging out with his mom trying to get job with his uncle....like I said; not for everyone.
    Yeah yeah I know, his long journey to the Rebellion side coming up.

2 weeks later
    #41 1 year ago

Episode 8
    Now THAT is a perfect episode

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

Anyone else notice that this story parallels the WW2 Nazi history a lot. The green uniforms, the attitude...

Quoted from TheLaw:

"Proper;" as in the drab green & brown color palette, practicing marching, little scale replicas of Nazi strongholds etc

What if Nazis were....British.

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Episode 8
    Now THAT is a perfect episode

Although at some point the Empire might want to look into facial recognition software.

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

I am glad they are making all these shows so we can see all the boring stuff that happened between the crappy movies and the good movies.

Might want to try Mando & Bobba which take place AFTER the good movies and before the other shitty ones.

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

After the lightsaber fight in the super thrilling setting of of a gravel pit and then seeing Vader unable to penetrate a 20 foot wide band of fire to get to Obi wan I could not go on. Vader just stood there like, “oh, here’s a little bit of fire. Guess there is nothing I can do about that! Can’t run around it! Can’t use the force! I’m done!”

Fucking HORRIBLE. Just so goddamn lazy.

*Inside writer's room*
    "Why doesn't he walk around the fire or like force hover or some shit; he's like the most powerful person in the Galaxy?"
    "Oh um it's like ah a Frankenstein thing; fire bad because of like the lava & um...high ground?"
    "Sure whatever. Ok let's work on the Solo series."

#82 1 year ago

Ok just a setting things up episode;

1 week later
    #91 1 year ago
    Quoted from TenaciousT:

So as for what they were building in the Prison Facility ? In episode 10 - they said they did not know what they were building !

Death Star shit you'd think.

1 week later
    #96 1 year ago

Shows you how much better a show can be....when everyone is British.

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not sure if you are trolling?

I don't troll any threads & since half the entire show(75%+?) have British accents I don't know how that would be trolling anyway?

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Almost no one as far as the main characters is actually British.

Andor, Bix, & Syril are North Amercian...and then...

Mon, Vel, Cinta, Luthen (swedish), Maarve (Irish), Everyone in the prison, you can go further to Luthan side kick, Tay, Sad dude's mom but I don't know how deep you want to go with main characters..2 or 3 I guess?
    Guess no empire people can count as main characters either, Sorry Dedra!

#103 1 year ago

Hoping Luthan was gonna have to lightbsaber a bitch but no such luck.

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

The last thing this show needs is a goddamn lightsaber to show up.

It might have already; dont know what he was holding when he was talking to Saw.

#109 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

He is an antiques dealer, and has a ton of Jedi stuff in his shop - but that doesn’t necessarily mean he will end up actually being a Jedi.

Yeah I never said he was a Jedi; and obviously I don't want any Jedis either. Ship already has the tech.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/andor-star-wars-stories-by-disney-?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.