Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jgreene
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Currently subscribing to Disney plus?”

• Yes, enjoying it 3 votes
      50%
    • Yes, but could quit any time 0 votes
    • No, not interested 3 votes
      50%
    • No, political protest 0 votes

(6 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FhK48O1XkAIbn5j (resized).jpg
    6wrw8g (resized).jpg
    F56EDF47-9897-4C90-B560-5DD20DFFA435 (resized).jpeg
    64F1CAD1-6BEF-4305-9998-87EF123041BF (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:Oh how cute; it's a proper WWII movie now.

Serious question: You’ve actually SEEN Star Wars before, right? That’s exactly what the first movie is

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

"Proper;" as in the drab green & brown color palette, practicing marching, little scale replicas of Nazi strongholds etc

Hahah, I stand corrected !

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I've heard a ton of bellyaching about this show, but I for one would welcome more like it. I'm all for different styles of stories set within the Star Wars universe and focusing on aspects other than the Jedi, and I don't mind a slow build as long as there's a payoff. I feel like I got that with episode 6. Great episode, and I kind of want to watch it again.
    My daughter, aka the walking Star Wars encyclopedia, said something about a time jump after this episode? Anyone else heard that?

If there’s been bellyaching about the show, I’ve totally missed that. This is firing on all cylinders, as far as I concerned!

I believe the full 2-season story covers about 3 years, right up until Rogue 1, so there would have to be some time jumps at some point. Maybe between seasons? Andor would seem to still need to do a bit of growing before he becomes the character in R1.

#24 1 year ago

Maybe I'm just friends with a bunch of impatient whiners.

LOL. I'll give it this: If your friends are complaining about the pace, it moves along about 10,000,000 times faster than Rings of Power. I still like that show, but... it is testing my patience for sure

#28 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I've heard two seasons, 24 episodes.

Yes, this is what they've communicated. Could change, i suppose, but I doubt it

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

This is the best quality SW yet. I know folks dont like not having space wizards and that it's a slower paced show, but the quality is top notch and it's a longer series that's building.

This show made me realize that Jedis should really be used in story VERY sparingly. In the time after Order 66, that's a lot easier obviously but it just makes the stories better all around to show the regular joes who are trying to figure everything out while stuff is blowing up around them. The creation of the rebellion stories have a lot of potential. I think we "got it" about how the Empire came to be.

1 week later
    #37 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Umm.. why the hell are there no stormtroopers on that imperial base?

Quoted from Electronmagic:

Budget cuts. The Empire needed to replace several of their aging imperial cruisers in that sector, and with all the rampant inflation of imperial credits, they had to axe the budget for stormtroopers.

That's pretty right - they are in the middle of building the Death Star - ALL resources are pointed in that direction!

1 week later
    #42 1 year ago
    Quoted from TenaciousT:

So in episode 8 - what is it they are assembling in the prison facility ?

I have no idea what those parts are (probe droids?) but it occurred to me the Death Star was always supposed to have been built with slave labor - supposedly Wookiees, but prisoners fit the bill too

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

Anyone else notice that this story parallels the WW2 Nazi history a lot. The green uniforms, the attitude, and now the slave labor building the war machines. Wise decision to eliminate the saluting part.

Sure, that’s been part of SW DNA since the original trilogy - even the space battles were based on WWII (film) dogfights

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:Best show ive watched in years, incredible cinematography/acting and the way they are able to crank up the tension each episodes is fantastic. I had zero hopes for this show after the embarrassment of book of bobba, man that was a fuckin mess of a show. It was so bad they had to sneak two mando episodes in.

I quite liked Boba (maybe not the weird scooter chase), but this show is miles beyond even Mandalorian at this point. They are catering to the SW fans who are middle-aged now, which is partly why there was a lot of disconnect with Boba Fett; that - along with the animated series- was clearly targeted at a somewhat younger audience. But there’s no question this is a better made show. The sets are REAL, for one, not CGI. Boba had the one main village set, but I think they kind of rushed that out, and Andor had a lot more prep time

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I just finished watching every single clone wars episodes with my kids last week. Every one. Freaking awesome. We just started rebels (not as good) but will take a pause for Tales of the Jedi.
    Ashoka for life.

Rebels gets WAY better at the end of Season 1. Stick with it -

Tales won't mess anything up with Rebels (and it helps immensely you checked out Clone Wars).

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Yeah... Clone Wars was the same way too but managed to circle around to some great morality questions for kids. I think I liked all of them, excepting the ones where the plot revolved around Anakin being jealous of Padme. There was actual character development too. I'd rate seasons 5,6,7 as being equal to or better than episodes 7,8,9.

Dave Filoni. Luckily he is now basically in charge of ALL SW TV from now on. (along with Favreau)

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Andor is like a dream come true, Star Wars for adults (who were kids when the original came out). So good. reminds me of the movie Z. loved Mando, but this honestly better. each episode stays with me for days, so tense. That last one (at the prision) was again just perfect. I feel like we've never really understood the empire until now. Bravo.

I just read something about Tony Gilroy, the Andor director/showrunner - apparently he strongly dislikes all the supernatural aspects of SW! Pretty funny that the best content we've gotten in maybe years totally excludes anything about the Jedi and Vader, and is almost a mundane (for the Empire) peek behind the curtain. Makes a lot of sense in retrospect.

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

yeah it's funny, Gilroy is so on target, and I don't miss the force, but it was my favorite thing about the original when I was a kid!

Back then it was all mysterious and new, and kept drawing us in.

I was reading something about Twin Peaks and David Lynch, and how Twin Peaks was (maybe?) all about the mystery of a story, and once ABC forced him to solve the murder at the end of the first season, it completely destroyed the intent of the show (which was to keep bringing people back by intentionally continuing the mystery), and he got pissed off and quit.

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

I am glad they are making all these shows so we can see all the boring stuff that happened between the crappy movies and the good movies.

Not into Andor I guess? Check out Tales of the Jedi!

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

I am behind the times. Guess I will give Andor a try. I made that post after watching 3 episodes of Obi Wan. Sorry if I pooped on the parade. Even if there are shows with bright spots, how long can we all fetishize the events around episode 4,5,6 rather than breaking new ground? It’s like wanking to the same dirty magazine for 40 years.

Ooooh now I get it. Obi Wan was tough to get through. I didn’t hate it, but boy was it underwhelming.

Andor is pre-Ep IV, but such a refreshing change. No Jedi!!

2 weeks later
    #97 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Shows you how much better a show can be....when everyone is British.

Not sure if you are trolling? Almost no one as far as the main characters is actually British. Andy Serkis, I guess. Although I certainly agree the Empire should always be British!

#100 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't troll any threads & since half the entire show(75%+?) have British accents I don't know how that would be trolling anyway?

Andor, Bix, & Syril are North Amercian...and then...
    Mon, Vel, Cinta, Luthen (swedish), Maarve (Irish), Everyone in the prison, you can go further to Luthan side kick, Tay, Sad dude's mom but I don't know how deep you want to go with main characters..2 or 3 I guess?
    Guess no empire people can count as main characters either, Sorry Dedra!

Lol and the lady who plays Dedra is Irish! Bix actress is from Puerto Rico. Mon Mothma’s actress is Irish too. The sad dude’s mom is Greek. Anyway, I wasn’t giving you a hard time, just wasn’t sure whether to read that as ironic since the actors are from all over. I get your point though, their characters are all British imperialists (lol duh!) and yeah they are killing it

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It might have already; dont know what he was holding when he was talking to Saw.

He is an antiques dealer, and has a ton of Jedi stuff in his shop - but that doesn’t necessarily mean he will end up actually being a Jedi. I think it would be just as cool (if that thing even is a lightsaber) if he ISNT a Jedi but wields one nonetheless.

What a killer season finale. Damn!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/andor-star-wars-stories-by-disney-?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.