Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jgreene
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Currently subscribing to Disney plus?”

• Yes, enjoying it 3 votes
      50%
    • Yes, but could quit any time 0 votes
    • No, not interested 3 votes
      50%
    • No, political protest 0 votes

(6 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FhK48O1XkAIbn5j (resized).jpg
    6wrw8g (resized).jpg
    F56EDF47-9897-4C90-B560-5DD20DFFA435 (resized).jpeg
    64F1CAD1-6BEF-4305-9998-87EF123041BF (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider polypin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 1 year ago

I've only seen the first 4 episodes, but I'm enjoying this series of Star Wars more than any of the other shows thus far. Cinematic and storytelling seem very good and more sophisticated than just Bad/Good. I have recommended the show to my friends, which I rarely do, with the caveat that Rogue One is my favorite "recent" SW movies.

Planning to catch up on episodes this weekend.

1 week later
    #35 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

how much a stormtrooper makes per hour

https://starships.com/are-stormtroopers-paid/

Over the canon there are conflicting explanations to the compensation system for ST's. Much indicates they are not paid, rather provided room & board. However, there are mentions of some receiving "imperial credits" for their service. Given they span many generations, there is room for both to have occurred without conflict from a story perspective.

However, no matter how you look at it, they are not paid particularly well given the risk.

1 week later
    #55 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I have not read this thread and have only watched the first episode. It is/was too complicated for my kids to follow and too slow for them (6,8,11). Still will try one more with them before finishing with my wife. So far there is no empire in it.

I think that is fair. I have two younger kids and I can't imagine them enjoying the show until they get more into the Star Wars universe and a little older.

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

After the lightsaber fight in the super thrilling setting of of a gravel pit and then seeing Vader unable to penetrate a 20 foot wide band of fire to get to Obi wan I could not go on. Vader just stood there like, “oh, here’s a little bit of fire. Guess there is nothing I can do about that! Can’t run around it! Can’t use the force! I’m done!”

I understand your frustration there, but will offer a potential explanation for his limitation.

At this point in the timeline, Darth is much younger in the ways of the force than when we meet in him in episode 4-6 but more significantly he lost his battle to Obi-wan on Mustafar, the fire-filled planet. I took the flames as a bit of "trauma" that limited Darth Vader's pursuit of Obi-wan given how it ended for him the last time Obi-wan held the "high ground".

1 week later
    #88 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

3. Senator Lady trying to hide money from the Empire and meeting with her cousin (who might have pulled off the heist with Andor)

What do you mean by "might have...", do you think she's a twin or something? My understanding is it's the same person.

3 weeks later
    #114 1 year ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

This isn't just a great Star Wars show; it's a great show, period. I hope the ratings are good enough that we can get more like it.

I'm happy to report that season 2 began filming this week.

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

Any word on when Mando is having a new season airing?

February of 2023.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider polypin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/andor-star-wars-stories-by-disney-?tu=polypin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.