Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jgreene
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Currently subscribing to Disney plus?”

• Yes, enjoying it 3 votes
      50%
    • Yes, but could quit any time 0 votes
    • No, not interested 3 votes
      50%
    • No, political protest 0 votes

(6 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FhK48O1XkAIbn5j (resized).jpg
    6wrw8g (resized).jpg
    F56EDF47-9897-4C90-B560-5DD20DFFA435 (resized).jpeg
    64F1CAD1-6BEF-4305-9998-87EF123041BF (resized).jpeg
    There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 1 year ago

Noticed that Andor is temporarily available on HULU through December 7th.

#102 1 year ago

Well in the final scenes of the last episode of this series, they finally show what Andor and cell mates were making in prison for the Death Star. Great ending! "Kill me or take me in."

#103 1 year ago

Hoping Luthan was gonna have to lightbsaber a bitch but no such luck.

#104 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

Well in the final scenes of the last episode of this series, they finally show what Andor and cell mates were making in prison for the Death Star. Great ending! "Kill me or take me in."

Spoiler alert… you ruined the whole episode for me!!! Just kidding seen it, great finale.

#105 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Hoping Luthan was gonna have to lightbsaber a bitch but no such luck.

The last thing this show needs is a goddamn lightsaber to show up. Seen enuf jedi stories.

#106 1 year ago

Thought the season overall was very good. Excited for season 2. I was not thrilled with the first few episodes but really enjoyed the heist and prison episodes. Love how they essentially made four different movies throughout the season. Fugitive, Heist, Prison, Revolution.

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

The last thing this show needs is a goddamn lightsaber to show up.

It might have already; dont know what he was holding when he was talking to Saw.

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It might have already; dont know what he was holding when he was talking to Saw.

He is an antiques dealer, and has a ton of Jedi stuff in his shop - but that doesn’t necessarily mean he will end up actually being a Jedi. I think it would be just as cool (if that thing even is a lightsaber) if he ISNT a Jedi but wields one nonetheless.

What a killer season finale. Damn!

#109 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

He is an antiques dealer, and has a ton of Jedi stuff in his shop - but that doesn’t necessarily mean he will end up actually being a Jedi.

Yeah I never said he was a Jedi; and obviously I don't want any Jedis either. Ship already has the tech.

#110 1 year ago

I was traveling over Thanksgiving so I just now had a chance to catch up, and damn! That finale was fantastic.

This isn't just a great Star Wars show; it's a great show, period. I hope the ratings are good enough that we can get more like it.

#111 1 year ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I was traveling over Thanksgiving so I just now had a chance to catch up, and damn! That finale was fantastic.
    This isn't just a great Star Wars show; it's a great show, period. I hope the ratings are good enough that we can get more like it.

I agree. Just watched the last episode. Wow. Great television, regardless of franchise.

#112 1 year ago

I really enjoyed this show once it got going. It's right behind Mando and well ahead of Boba and Obiwan in my opinion. They did a really nice job of showing how the empire operated from multiple angles.

Now I want to see Thrawn show up wherever he can have a major impact.

I could also go for a live action Empire or "bad guy" focused series.

#113 1 year ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

It sounds like Thrawn will show up in the Ahsoka series, continuing the arc that started in Rebels.

#114 1 year ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I'm happy to report that season 2 began filming this week.

#115 1 year ago

Any word on when Mando is having a new season airing?

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

Any word on when Mando is having a new season airing?

February of 2023.

#117 1 year ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

I really enjoyed this show once it got going. It's right behind Mando and well ahead of Boba and Obiwan in my opinion. They did a really nice job of showing how the empire operated from multiple angles.
    I could also go for a live action Empire or "bad guy" focused series.

I'd actually rank Andor ahead of Mando slightly.

Andor avoids the needless fan service or overt attempts to cater to kids like all the other recent star wars stuff. Mando has a few moments of weakness where these pop up and the quality level is draggged down.

I also think Andor holds up a more consistent real world feel by avoiding overly complex scenes that stretching their TV sized special effects too thin. Mando does pretty well here too despite needing to rely on special effects more. But obi Wan had a couple glaring special effects quality holes that really stood out to me like the janky effects where Vader force pulls the ship down.

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/andor-star-wars-stories-by-disney-/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.