2 days ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by mrm_4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Currently subscribing to Disney plus?”

• Yes, enjoying it 3 votes
      50%
    • Yes, but could quit any time 0 votes
    • No, not interested 3 votes
      50%
    • No, political protest 0 votes

(6 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

64F1CAD1-6BEF-4305-9998-87EF123041BF (resized).jpeg

#1 2 days ago

Well, I loved the discussion about boba and obi, but rather than resurrecting either of those threads, I decided to try more of a generic Disney plus Star Wars thread that will focus on whatever is the latest offering. I know I’m going to watch them all (I guess I DID skip Bad Batch, but that’s mostly because my son is out of the country on a mission and I thought I’d enjoy it more with him).

So, I thought, taken as a whole, the first three episodes of Andor were great and left me wanting more. Less of the bad editing/poor writing that killed BOBF and plagued (but didn’t ruin Obi Wan IMO). Good solid acting and writing. When each of the first two episodes ended I was like “What the heck… what’s going on?” But now we’re in the groove. I understand why they released all three together.

Thoughts?

PS: This isn’t a thread for “Princesses eating children” conspiracy theories, or rants against minorities and women heroes, etc. Let’s keep to the topic and keep it apolitical. If you believe that garbage, well, I don’t know what to say for you.

#2 2 days ago

Why would you say lets "keep it apolitical" and include a political protest option in your poll at the same time?

Anyway, only saw the first episode but figured since it was released with two others at the same time it really wasn't meant to be a stopping point and the end of the third episode was supposed to be more of an end of chapter type of deal so it really didn't bother me any. Based on the first episode though it does appear to have some potential. Didn't notice any political stuff one way or another in the first episode at least. Hopefully they can return to a story driven Star Wars Universe with all future projects.

#3 2 days ago
    Quoted from CoachBacca:

Why would you say lets "keep it apolitical" and include a political protest option in your poll at the same time?
    Anyway, only saw the first episode but figured since it was released with two others at the same time it really wasn't meant to be a stopping point and the end of the third episode was supposed to be more of an end of chapter type of deal so it really didn't bother me any. Based on the first episode though it does appear to have some potential. Didn't notice any political stuff one way or another in the first episode at least. Hopefully they can return to a story driven Star Wars Universe with all future projects.

Well my thought was to know who to block, but you’re right. I’m trying to figure out how to edit that out.

When you watch ep 2 and 3 I think you’ll be hooked.

#4 1 day ago

EP 1 was pretty damn weak...

Slow as hell.

"Hope" it gets better.......

#5 1 day ago

It could work out. You have a very interesting, but forced, drab SW world full of shitbags, the underworld of SWpunk ruin etc. The issue comes with Andor, which has to be (so far) one of the all time worst leading SW characters. They've got their work cut out for them in that regard. Hes a whiny, dirty, scummy Frenchman that doesn't have many interesting attributes; yet.
    The first thing that happens 8 minutes into the show or whatever I was fully in; baddass. Then we just got a bunch of boring groundwork laid for later.
    See what happens in 2 &3

#6 1 day ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Well my thought was to know who to block

64F1CAD1-6BEF-4305-9998-87EF123041BF (resized).jpeg
    Hi!!!

This show will probably be sweet. Or not. Either way it will be Disney Star Wars so it’s a roll of the dice every episode any more.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!