Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jgreene
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Currently subscribing to Disney plus?”

• Yes, enjoying it 3 votes
      50%
    • Yes, but could quit any time 0 votes
    • No, not interested 3 votes
      50%
    • No, political protest 0 votes

(6 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FhK48O1XkAIbn5j (resized).jpg
    6wrw8g (resized).jpg
    F56EDF47-9897-4C90-B560-5DD20DFFA435 (resized).jpeg
    64F1CAD1-6BEF-4305-9998-87EF123041BF (resized).jpeg
    There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 1 year ago

Well, I loved the discussion about boba and obi, but rather than resurrecting either of those threads, I decided to try more of a generic Disney plus Star Wars thread that will focus on whatever is the latest offering. I know I’m going to watch them all (I guess I DID skip Bad Batch, but that’s mostly because my son is out of the country on a mission and I thought I’d enjoy it more with him).

So, I thought, taken as a whole, the first three episodes of Andor were great and left me wanting more. Less of the bad editing/poor writing that killed BOBF and plagued (but didn’t ruin Obi Wan IMO). Good solid acting and writing. When each of the first two episodes ended I was like “What the heck… what’s going on?” But now we’re in the groove. I understand why they released all three together.

Thoughts?

PS: This isn’t a thread for “Princesses eating children” conspiracy theories, or rants against minorities and women heroes, etc. Let’s keep to the topic and keep it apolitical. If you believe that garbage, well, I don’t know what to say for you.

#2 1 year ago

Why would you say lets "keep it apolitical" and include a political protest option in your poll at the same time?

Anyway, only saw the first episode but figured since it was released with two others at the same time it really wasn't meant to be a stopping point and the end of the third episode was supposed to be more of an end of chapter type of deal so it really didn't bother me any. Based on the first episode though it does appear to have some potential. Didn't notice any political stuff one way or another in the first episode at least. Hopefully they can return to a story driven Star Wars Universe with all future projects.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from CoachBacca:

Why would you say lets "keep it apolitical" and include a political protest option in your poll at the same time?
    Anyway, only saw the first episode but figured since it was released with two others at the same time it really wasn't meant to be a stopping point and the end of the third episode was supposed to be more of an end of chapter type of deal so it really didn't bother me any. Based on the first episode though it does appear to have some potential. Didn't notice any political stuff one way or another in the first episode at least. Hopefully they can return to a story driven Star Wars Universe with all future projects.

Well my thought was to know who to block, but you’re right. I’m trying to figure out how to edit that out.

When you watch ep 2 and 3 I think you’ll be hooked.

#4 1 year ago

EP 1 was pretty damn weak...

Slow as hell.

"Hope" it gets better.......

#5 1 year ago

It could work out. You have a very interesting, but forced, drab SW world full of shitbags, the underworld of SWpunk ruin etc. The issue comes with Andor, which has to be (so far) one of the all time worst leading SW characters. They've got their work cut out for them in that regard. Hes a whiny, dirty, scummy Frenchman that doesn't have many interesting attributes; yet.
    The first thing that happens 8 minutes into the show or whatever I was fully in; baddass. Then we just got a bunch of boring groundwork laid for later.
    See what happens in 2 &3

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Well my thought was to know who to block

64F1CAD1-6BEF-4305-9998-87EF123041BF (resized).jpeg64F1CAD1-6BEF-4305-9998-87EF123041BF (resized).jpeg
    Hi!!!

This show will probably be sweet. Or not. Either way it will be Disney Star Wars so it’s a roll of the dice every episode any more.

#7 1 year ago

SPOILER ALERT
    So far pretty boring but heres the basis for 3 episodes:
    1. Guy is looking for his sister at a strip club brothel type place and pisses off 2 bad cops that try to mug him.
    2. Guy kills 2 bad cops while getting a shake down (1 accidentally and the other while hes literally on his knees unarmed begging for his life)
    3. A normal cop wants to find out who murdered these officers and goes looking for the guy
    4. Normal cop is the villain for wanting to catch a murderer
    5. A bunch of random flash backs showing how main guy was a kid in some kind of Lord of the Flies tribe
    6. Normal cop puts together a team to go capture the guy and they all pretty much get killed for just looking for a murderer
    7. Guy flies away with some other dude that probably is creating the Rebelion or is already part of the Rebelion

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

SPOILER ALERT
    So far pretty boring but heres the basis for 3 episodes:
    1. Guy is looking for his sister at a strip club brothel type place and pisses off 2 bad cops that try to mug him.
    2. Guy kills 2 bad cops while getting a shake down (1 accidentally and the other while hes literally on his knees unarmed begging for his life)
    3. A normal cop wants to find out who murdered these officers and goes looking for the guy
    4. Normal cop is the villain for wanting to catch a murderer
    5. A bunch of random flash backs showing how main guy was a kid in some kind of Lord of the Flies tribe
    6. Normal cop puts together a team to go capture the guy and they all pretty much get killed for just looking for a murderer
    7. Guy flies away with some other dude that probably is creating the Rebelion or is already part of the Rebelion

Yeah I love how the young cop is painted as a power hungry villain that's going off the rails in his pursuit of the "hero" that murdered two police officers.

#9 1 year ago

Man, this show was absolute boring initially but picked up last episode.
    Hopefully it gets better. Like the concept.

At least I have somewhat of an idea on how Star wars politics work if you murder someone on another planet.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

Yeah I love how the young cop is painted as a power hungry villain that's going off the rails in his pursuit of the "hero" that murdered two police officers.

If episode 4 is a dud, im gonna hang it up early with this one. Disney is just off the rails anymore.

#11 1 year ago

Of course theres going to be the "I actually enjoyed it because it has Star Wars attached to it and there are pretty colors and people moving on screen!" crowd but good god, how do people shut off their minds like that? I seriously get jealous of those that are so easily entertained.

#12 1 year ago

3 episodes, same old Andor. The only interesting chance they had was the empire cop was actually the small boy on the mining planet of France.
    There's stupid and then there's the old "engines on the ceiling battle."
    Sure sure; British Colonialism and all that.
    Very very tough to turn this character around. And um, I think I've already see him be the same prick in Rogue 1 so I don;t really get the endgame here.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The only interesting chance they had was the empire cop was actually the small boy on the mining planet of France.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Hes a whiny, dirty, scummy Frenchman that doesn't have many interesting attributes; yet.

Why so much hate for the French?
    Also if you are talking about the actor Diego Luna, hes Mexican, from Toluca...

Someone fill in TheLaw please lol sheesh
    F56EDF47-9897-4C90-B560-5DD20DFFA435 (resized).jpegF56EDF47-9897-4C90-B560-5DD20DFFA435 (resized).jpeg

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

3 episodes, same old Andor. The only interesting chance they had was the empire cop was actually the small boy on the mining planet of France.
    There's stupid and then there's the old "engines on the ceiling battle."
    Sure sure; British Colonialism and all that.
    Very very tough to turn this character around. And um, I think I've already see him be the same prick in Rogue 1 so I don;t really get the endgame here.

Literally didn’t get any message from your post. Other than I felt your distain. Ep 4 is out but no haven’t had a chance to watch yet. Hopping it’s more like ep3.

Quoted from pch3727:

Sooo, you’re siding with the empire…

Actually I thought that’s what made him a great villain. He’s not a villain. Just a desk jockey obsessed with law and order. Kind of a uniquely written character I feel like.

1 week later
    #15 1 year ago

Oh how cute; it's a proper WWII movie now.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:Oh how cute; it's a proper WWII movie now.

Serious question: You’ve actually SEEN Star Wars before, right? That’s exactly what the first movie is

#17 1 year ago

Just watched #4 and can see how it is picking up steam in my universe. He speaks with a French-Canadian accent, so I also assumed he was a frog and not a south of the border actor. He plays a good pissed off guy that seems to hate/distrust everyone. Interesting to see what a Kyber crystal actually looked like. Lots of back stories for the rebellion team and why they are in it to win it. The idealist/dreamer/philosopher/poet is probably the first to die for the cause. It left me wondering what the two badass chicas were going to do all armed up. Glad to see that the shuttle was hung on the rail after all.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

... That’s exactly what the first movie is

"Proper;" as in the drab green & brown color palette, practicing marching, little scale replicas of Nazi strongholds etc

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

"Proper;" as in the drab green & brown color palette, practicing marching, little scale replicas of Nazi strongholds etc

Hahah, I stand corrected !

#20 1 year ago

Episode 6

Completely 100% solid. Just end the season there with a Henry Hill laughing in the shower moment.

#21 1 year ago

I've heard a ton of bellyaching about this show, but I for one would welcome more like it. I'm all for different styles of stories set within the Star Wars universe and focusing on aspects other than the Jedi, and I don't mind a slow build as long as there's a payoff. I feel like I got that with episode 6. Great episode, and I kind of want to watch it again.

My daughter, aka the walking Star Wars encyclopedia, said something about a time jump after this episode? Anyone else heard that?

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I've heard a ton of bellyaching about this show, but I for one would welcome more like it. I'm all for different styles of stories set within the Star Wars universe and focusing on aspects other than the Jedi, and I don't mind a slow build as long as there's a payoff. I feel like I got that with episode 6. Great episode, and I kind of want to watch it again.
    My daughter, aka the walking Star Wars encyclopedia, said something about a time jump after this episode? Anyone else heard that?

If there’s been bellyaching about the show, I’ve totally missed that. This is firing on all cylinders, as far as I concerned!

I believe the full 2-season story covers about 3 years, right up until Rogue 1, so there would have to be some time jumps at some point. Maybe between seasons? Andor would seem to still need to do a bit of growing before he becomes the character in R1.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If there’s been bellyaching about the show, I’ve totally missed that. This is firing on all cylinders, as far as I concerned!

Maybe I'm just friends with a bunch of impatient whiners.

#24 1 year ago

Maybe I'm just friends with a bunch of impatient whiners.

LOL. I'll give it this: If your friends are complaining about the pace, it moves along about 10,000,000 times faster than Rings of Power. I still like that show, but... it is testing my patience for sure

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL. I'll give it this: If your friends are complaining about the pace, it moves along about 10,000,000 times faster than Rings of Power.

Meh I put them aboot equal personally; Rings is much easier watch for me and LOTR aren't really my thing. Hmm...I do skip over a lot if the Hobbits parts though
    Andwhore has 6 more episodes to become the lifelong Rebellion master he was in R1.

#26 1 year ago

6wrw8g (resized).jpg6wrw8g (resized).jpg

Quoted from TheLaw:

Andwhore has 6 more episodes to become the lifelong Rebellion master he was in R1.

I've heard two seasons, 24 episodes.

#27 1 year ago

I've only seen the first 4 episodes, but I'm enjoying this series of Star Wars more than any of the other shows thus far. Cinematic and storytelling seem very good and more sophisticated than just Bad/Good. I have recommended the show to my friends, which I rarely do, with the caveat that Rogue One is my favorite "recent" SW movies.

Planning to catch up on episodes this weekend.

#28 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I've heard two seasons, 24 episodes.

Yes, this is what they've communicated. Could change, i suppose, but I doubt it

#29 1 year ago

This is the best quality SW yet. I know folks dont like not having space wizards and that it's a slower paced show, but the quality is top notch and it's a longer series that's building.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I know folks dont like not having space wizards and that it's a slower paced show...

Rouge universe isn't for everyone. it's whole purpose is so the shit SW doesn't show; which is a great idea. All the casualties of a galactic military power sucking the life out of everything is awesome; and I can watch it all day. Fat British colonizers marching around & mopey fired Empire guy hanging out with his mom trying to get job with his uncle....like I said; not for everyone.
    Yeah yeah I know, his long journey to the Rebellion side coming up.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

This is the best quality SW yet. I know folks dont like not having space wizards and that it's a slower paced show, but the quality is top notch and it's a longer series that's building.

This show made me realize that Jedis should really be used in story VERY sparingly. In the time after Order 66, that's a lot easier obviously but it just makes the stories better all around to show the regular joes who are trying to figure everything out while stuff is blowing up around them. The creation of the rebellion stories have a lot of potential. I think we "got it" about how the Empire came to be.

1 week later
    #32 1 year ago

Umm.. why the hell are there no stormtroopers on that imperial base?

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:Umm.. why the hell are there no stormtroopers on that imperial base?

Budget cuts. The Empire needed to replace several of their aging imperial cruisers in that sector, and with all the rampant inflation of imperial credits, they had to axe the budget for stormtroopers.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from Electronmagic:

Budget cuts. The Empire needed to replace several of their aging imperial cruisers in that sector, and with all the rampant inflation of imperial credits, they had to axe the budget for stormtroopers.

Ah gotcha. Wonder how much a stormtrooper makes per hour.

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

how much a stormtrooper makes per hour

https://starships.com/are-stormtroopers-paid/

Over the canon there are conflicting explanations to the compensation system for ST's. Much indicates they are not paid, rather provided room & board. However, there are mentions of some receiving "imperial credits" for their service. Given they span many generations, there is room for both to have occurred without conflict from a story perspective.

However, no matter how you look at it, they are not paid particularly well given the risk.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from Polypin:

https://starships.com/are-stormtroopers-paid/ (Or
    Over the canon there are conflicting explanations to the compensation system for ST's. Much indicates they are not paid, rather provided room & board. However, there are mentions of some receiving "imperial credits" for their service. Given they span many generations, there is room for both to have occurred without conflict from a story perspective.
    However, no matter how you look at it, they are not paid particularly well given the risk.

yeah the worse was that episode of Obi-won when they raided that cave with people hiding out, I mean they were literally 4-5 feet away from those people in that cave and still couldnt shoot crap.

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Quoted from Electronmagic:

That's pretty right - they are in the middle of building the Death Star - ALL resources are pointed in that direction!

#38 1 year ago

Well I will say the tie fighter part of the most recent episode was pretty cool. Its a shame its such a super high risk job though.

#39 1 year ago

This show is definitely a step up from all recent content imo. I’m liking it a lot!

#40 1 year ago

So in episode 8 - what is it they are assembling in the prison facility ?

#41 1 year ago

Episode 8
    Now THAT is a perfect episode

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from TenaciousT:

I have no idea what those parts are (probe droids?) but it occurred to me the Death Star was always supposed to have been built with slave labor - supposedly Wookiees, but prisoners fit the bill too

#43 1 year ago

Anyone else notice that this story parallels the WW2 Nazi history a lot. The green uniforms, the attitude, and now the slave labor building the war machines. Wise decision to eliminate the saluting part.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

Anyone else notice that this story parallels the WW2 Nazi history a lot. The green uniforms, the attitude...

Quoted from TheLaw:

What if Nazis were....British.

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Episode 8
    Now THAT is a perfect episode

Although at some point the Empire might want to look into facial recognition software.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Imperial army troopers, the lowest of the low. When you aren't even good enough to be a "stormtrooper". Lot of the outer crappy territories earlier in the Empire didn't have as much imperial presence and it was still growing, so you had conscripts and army recruits making up the meat. Same as the troopers who fought on Mimban (in Solo) which were sold as "mudtroopers". The basic meatgrinder units.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

Anyone else notice that this story parallels the WW2 Nazi history a lot. The green uniforms, the attitude, and now the slave labor building the war machines. Wise decision to eliminate the saluting part.

Sure, that’s been part of SW DNA since the original trilogy - even the space battles were based on WWII (film) dogfights

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from TenaciousT:

According to the Youtube channel Scrrencrush they are building parts for the Death Star which is currently under construction. The workers are being rushed because the Death Star is way behind on construction, as noted in Rogue One.

#49 1 year ago

It's amazing how this show is just crapping all over Boba Fett and Obi Wan series in pure quality. Those are expensive shows that somehow look cheap. This is just gorgeous, big location shots, huge sets, decent actors, fantastic cinematography.

#50 1 year ago

So no one is gonna comment on Snoke being Kino in the prison?….

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/andor-star-wars-stories-by-disney- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.