(Topic ID: 72579)

And yet another Michigan CL flipper at your service....

By RonB

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by galaxian
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tmp_00606_2eav1CBdzLC_600x450-910501046.jpeg
    partyzone2.jpg
    partyzone1.jpg
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Don't know if he's on Pinside, but talk about a markup! I tried contacting seller #1 with no response. I can't say for sure it's the same pin, but seller #2 has other higher priced pins on CL that were previously listed at much lower prices, by the original seller on CL.

I'm only posting this as a heads-up for potential buyers on Pinside that may not know better, in light of recent events by certain parties. It's just best to check the machine in person and judge for yourself if it's worth the asking price, even if you know they're making a huge profit.

And no, I wasn't planning on flipping it, if I had been lucky enough to score this pin at $500., it would have been in my collection for a while.

CL northern MI all for sale / wanted collectibles - by owner
    [email protected] [?]

Posted: 12 days ago
    ballys party zone pinball - $500 (clio)
    Working has been in my game room for years ready to go. 500 obo
    partyzone1.jpgpartyzone1.jpg

CL saginaw all for sale / wanted video gaming - by owner
    [email protected] [?]

Posted: about 11 hours ago
    party zone pinball coin operated machine - $2000 (bay city)

Have a really nice and fun pinball machine called party zone. This is a great pinball that is working great with no issues. the playfield and cabinet are a easy 8 out of 10. If interested come check it out and play if for yourself ask for Chri,,..s ,,....9.,,,,eight.,.,,,nine..,,,48..,,,,toooo..,,,,52..,,,9.,,zero
    partyzone2.jpgpartyzone2.jpg

#2 10 years ago

You perked my curiousity, will have to give the guy a call/email to see if it's who i think it is.

#4 10 years ago

Blue walls (check)
    Dungeons and Dragons (check)
    Topper? curiously absent...

Picture comes from a Craigslist add in bay city for yet another grossly overpriced pinball machine...

tmp_00606_2eav1CBdzLC_600x450-910501046.jpegtmp_00606_2eav1CBdzLC_600x450-910501046.jpeg
    #5 10 years ago

His taste in wall colors sucks anyway.

#6 10 years ago

Come on it matches the game cabinets.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

His taste in wall colors sucks anyway.

Hey now! Some of my ghettocade (TM.) is blue. A better blue imho, but blue. non sports reasons.

#8 10 years ago

does anybody see the coin door is not a coin door?
    and another rolldown mech style coin mech was added to the cabinet above the coin door.
    and
    yes, its the same machine that was $500 in clio. saw it..

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

and another rolldown mech style coin mech was added to the cabinet above the coin door.
    and

Must be the ultra rare HUO prototype Party Zone LE Party Zone City LE. $10,000 by craigs list xmas.

#10 10 years ago

Yep. I've been warned about this (these?) guys in a PM before. They're buy low/attempt to sell ultra-high too, except their stuff seems to sit for a Loooooong time.

Like their 2300 dollar DE Simpsons...

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Like their 2300 dollar DE Simpsons..

And the $2k DE Hook, and the $2600 BSD, and the $2400 T2, geez, I've been in retail shops that had better prices than these.

Quoted from Sarge:

Dungeons and Dragons (check)

I thought that was owned by Choggs? Maybe these guys swap pins? Whatever the case, I'll just keep finding them the old fashioned way, on my own!

I'm waiting to hear "What's wrong with flipping pins!? Everyone has a right to make a profit! I clean them and put in led's!" Not meaning to start another bashing thread here, just a heads-up is all.

#12 10 years ago

I called this guy on his spy hunter. After speaking with him I will never be buying from him. He is not hugsC but I am fairly certain he subscribes to his how to repair a pin for flipping guide.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

and

Was this previously owned by an operator, making sure it doesn't go back on location by a competitor?

So you seen it in person, and passed on $500 obo?

#14 10 years ago

Saw this yesterday....judging by the collection, I'd say this is him....

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tri-city-pinball-tournament-coming-to-mid-mi#post-1289097

#15 10 years ago

Saw the ads and had the same suspicion. The current seller also seems to post their CL ads all over the state.
    How about you post your ads in the CL location where you actually are?

#16 10 years ago

Obviously a Lions fan with that Honolulu Blue paint job. Surprised he didn't paint a White "20" on the wall (Barry Sanders/Billy Sims/Lem Barney) and make it look like a NFL Jersey.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Saw the ads and had the same suspicion. The current seller also seems to post their CL ads all over the state.
    How about you post your ads in the CL location where you actually are?

Tell me about it. All it does is clutter up my craiglist search app with garbage.

#18 10 years ago

I figured the same.

#19 10 years ago

Hey guys its Josh, the guy from Bay City everyone seems to have problems with on here. Chris is my buddy that helps me out with everything. I don't really feel like anyone on here knows us except for one person on here that we have met in person. The Party Zone did not come from Clio, it came from Louisville,KY. I did not pay $500 for it. It was more than double that. I am really not interested in selling them but put them up there for people to contact me and know that we are real. That's why the prices are higher. We are trying to start a Tournament up here and get a permanent place to open a Pinball Arcade to spread the word. We have driven to Chicago, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Dayton to get a lot of these. Out of the 20 pins we have we have only sold 3 of them in order to buy more Pins for the tournament and arcade. We have a local guy go through every Pin we have and fix them. IceCreamGuy uses the same guy as us so he should know that. We are trying to bring something to this area that doesn't exist. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The 3 pins we did sell were for good prices and the people we sold them to are still in contact with us. I am more interested in spreading the Pinball world but it takes $$$ to do it. I hope this clears it up a little and I am more than happy to answer any questions that anyone has. Thanks

#20 10 years ago

I still don't understand why people get worked up about flippers. Good deal was posted, someone bought it, it is now theirs to do what they wish.

Personally this type of thing is not my bag as I am too lazy but if you're ambitious enough, have at it.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from thadawkins:

I am really not interested in selling them but put them up there for people to contact me and know that we are real. That's why the prices are higher.

I don't understand this.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

Obviously a Lions fan with that Honolulu Blue paint job. Surprised he didn't paint a White "20" on the wall (Barry Sanders/Billy Sims/Lem Barney) and make it look like a NFL Jersey.

Go Lions.............. but i didnt paint my walls honolulu blue or silver........BUT............. its a mix of them colors

#23 10 years ago

We are both Big lions fans. I will be posting pics of our game room soon. Although most of you have already seen a lot of it already, lol

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from thadawkins:

We are trying to start a Tournament up here and get a permanent place to open a Pinball Arcade to spread the word

Best of luck to you and your crew in getting something started up in Bay City

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from thadawkins:

Hey guys its Josh, the guy from Bay City everyone seems to have problems with on here.

Ok Josh, first off I don't have a problem with you personally as I don't know you. You haven't posted here before so I had no idea who you are or what your intentions were. I apologize for assuming the Party Zone you have listed is the same one that was listed at $500 in your area. I was just going on a hunch as your other pins are, in my opinion, slightly over-priced. But of course, you are free to charge whatever you like.

I don't have any problems with people making some $ on the side, no matter what they're selling. Hell, I make a living buying & selling food products everyday. I just have a personal *irk* when it comes to people flipping anything, weather it be houses, cars or pins for huge profits with very little time or work involved, and NEVER "paying it forward" to help someone out who may be a little financially challenged at the moment. I'm not saying give it away or only make fifty bucks, but help someone out once in a while. I'm NOT directing this at you, Josh. I have had a few *friends*, so I thought, burn me in the past for their own financial gain. My own brother views everything and everyone with $$ signs in his eyes. So for me, it's just personal bitter experiences that caused me to start this thread, nothing else.

Enough of my ranting, I wish you good luck in your venture to form a tourney and open an arcade in Bay City. I hope it works out, so I can visit someday, heck it's only 2-1/2 hours away.

Ron

#26 10 years ago

RonB I appreciate the apology. I can understand the skepticism about the prices and the fact that we are new to this. We have thousands of road miles invested in this collection. I am more than happy to have anyone come by and play at the house. To be honest we have only bought 2 of them in MI and one was a SpyHunter that we paid $700 for. We ended up selling it for $600 because we knew it wasn't worth that and needed room. I am super excited about the possibilities. We have gathered this collection in 7 months time and want to keep expanding it. I just wanted to come here and introduce ourselves and clear any misconceptions up. We hope to be active contributing members here and help spread the Pinball love.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

Ok Josh, first off I don't have a problem with you personally as I don't know you. You haven't posted here before so I had no idea who you are or what your intentions were. I apologize for assuming the Party Zone you have listed is the same one that was listed at $500 in your area. I was just going on a hunch as your other pins are, in my opinion, slightly over-priced. But of course, you are free to charge whatever you like.
    I don't have any problems with people making some $ on the side, no matter what they're selling. Hell, I make a living buying & selling food products everyday. I just have a personal *irk* when it comes to people flipping anything, weather it be houses, cars or pins for huge profits with very little time or work involved, and NEVER "paying it forward" to help someone out who may be a little financially challenged at the moment. I'm not saying give it away or only make fifty bucks, but help someone out once in a while. I'm NOT directing this at you, Josh. I have had a few *friends*, so I thought, burn me in the past for their own financial gain. My own brother views everything and everyone with $$ signs in his eyes. So for me, it's just personal bitter experiences that caused me to start this thread, nothing else.
    Enough of my ranting, I wish you good luck in your venture to form a tourney and open an arcade in Bay City. I hope it works out, so I can visit someday, heck it's only 2-1/2 hours away.
    Ron

You sort of hit on what I think when I see people on here hassling the flippers. Do you add any value to the food products you buy and sell or are you just flipping them? Maybe people who eat for a hobby should be upset with you.

#28 10 years ago

Just wanted to say great initial post by Josh. He could have come on and just blasted away , but took the time to introduce himself and explain his situation.I hope he has good luck in Bay city.

#29 10 years ago

But I do curse the lions this weekend against my eagles.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from jesster64:

But I do curse the lions this weekend against my eagles.

Don't worry... The Lions will curse themselves....

#31 10 years ago

You're talking to a philly team supporter here. Every year its the same, a sudden surge at the end, just to fall short of the playoffs. phils, flyers,sixers,eagles..... just enough to get your hopes up, then crush them like a used can. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me 100 times....

#32 10 years ago

After reading all the nonsense with Choggard and seeing all these overpriced CL ads, i assumed Josh's friend Chris was choggard. Is this not true?
    Or is "josh" another choggard character as well ... Like hugsc?

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Do you add any value to the food products you buy and sell or are you just flipping them?

I would say yes to adding value. I order, warehouse, and personally deliver products and stock store shelves myself. I own my own truck, which I have to pay for gas, repairs, license and taxes. Similar to a brick-and-mortar but on wheels. I also have to pay my personal home expenses, raise two kids and try to have a few bucks extra for this hobby. No second income in my home I might add. I don't just sit at a computer all day flipping products, although I would love that right now as it's only 20 degrees out.

Quoted from RustyLizard:

Maybe people who eat for a hobby should be upset with you.

Most people who eat are happy I provide this service.

Probably more of an answer than what you wanted, but I felt a simple "yes" wouldn't have done it, at least to myself.

#34 10 years ago

I think it is too early to pass judgment on Josh. Josh's buddy Chris is not hugsC, I have meet Cory and spoken with Chris.

I can say I was not impressed with Chris on the phone but since Josh's post I'm willing to give them a chance.

Josh- I am in your area often I would like to take you up on your invite. If you treat others fairly and with respect I will help you guys out any way I can.
    If you are new to this and buying routed machines get some flipper coils ready nice strong properly working flippers are key.
    Good luck.

#35 10 years ago

I don't understand. I thought games without flippers are worth less?

#36 10 years ago

Rock you are more than welcome to come play anytime you are in the area.I can PM you my number to call when you are around. You also aren't kidding about the flipper coils. We have had to replace a coil or 2 on almost every machine we have. It seems after we move them they always need adjusting when we get them back. Our repair guy spends at least 10 hours a week working on them for us.

#37 10 years ago

We are seriously overwhelmed with Pin Scalpers(TM) in mid michigan. Don't get the two confused.

Choggard is Corey from Burton. (MSF, Taxi)
    BayCity is Chirs. {Hard Body, lW3, Dracula, D&D, DE Simpsons}

#38 10 years ago

I've got a question. How long do you have to own a pin and can sell it for more money ( or even the same amount of money ) without being labeled a flipper ?

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

I've got a question. How long do you have to own a pin and can sell it for more money ( or even the same amount of money ) without being labeled a flipper ?
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

Since you asked.

I think that if you buy a pin with the express idea of selling it for a profit, you're not adding any value, and you're not paying state sales tax or income tax on the profit you've made, you're a flipper.

If you're you're buying and selling for retail, and paying licensing and taxes, you're a retailer.

I don't have a problem with "flippers" who have scruples and who generally are fair and honest with their prices and about their products. I've bought a few of my favorite pins from flippers like this.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

John P. DayhuffBattle Creek, Mi.269-979-3836

A flipper in my eyes is someone who does the following:
    1. Does nothing but creeps on CL ads and immediately jumps on pinball deals
    2. Posts their own WTB ads *daily* stating "paying top dollar"
    3. Haggles with the seller regardless of how good a deal it is
    4. Does the absolute bare minimum to get the game working or make it presentable (vacuuming out rat turds for instance)
    5. Lists the game as soon as possible, sometimes even *the same day* for at least twice what they paid for it whether or not they got it working
    6. Won't come down on their price and gives you lame reasons why it's worth what they're charging

A non-flipper will not:
    1. Saturate CL with WTB ads
    2. Haggle on every machine they buy
    3. Sell a dirty, worn out, non-working game for several times it's value
    4. Sell a game not working and unshopped (unless they just have no time or desire) without pricing it accordingly

Bill Stahly

#41 10 years ago

So lets say I buy a game for $1000, fix everything on it clean the areas I can reach and put it into my collection for a year or two and then decide its not the game for me. And now I'm selling the game for say....$1500. Does that make me a flipper ?

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi
    269-979-3836

#42 10 years ago

It makes you smart, if you can get it. I've sold 3 machines and lost money on every one.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

So lets say I buy a game for $1000, fix everything on it clean the areas I can reach and put it into my collection for a year or two and then decide its not the game for me. And now I'm selling the game for say....$1500. Does that make me a flipper ?
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi
    269-979-3836

Common John, you are a flipper. =) Much more ethical than most but a flipper none the less. There are lots of unethical flippers in michigan but no one ever seems to be unhappy with deals you do. Chip Ware was a flipper (containers) but I always liked that guy. So being a flipper isn't necessarily bad. Being a douchebag flipper is bad. Lots of examples of that. One of my buddies bought a machine from a real douchebag. My buddy went out to get his dolly and found the flipper swapping boards (good for bad.) Actually, he's your buddy too...

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Not so much, you were being paid for your work on the machine and you are not selling the same machine as when you purchased it.

Quoted from Dayhuff:

521 pins to be exact. Yes I admit, I flipped a few games in my time.

This makes you a flipper... LOL

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

Chip Ware was a flipper (containers) but I always liked that guy.

Haven't heard his name in a while! I bought a TZ from him about 10 years ago, great guy!

Now this is a flipper I can live with, meaning someone who lays out a ton of cash for a container or warehouse raid. Then goes through the hassle of negotiating a deal, getting them home, sets up some, fixes some, advertises and sells at reasonable rates depending upon condition. There's a lot of time and work involved in a large quantity purchase, and you can possibly get a deal on a project. There's a few here in Michigan that do that, and I don't have a problem with them. PLUS they give back by throwing huge parties every year!

As others have said, it also comes down to your ethics. If you're an ass that just adds a thousand+ for only being quicker because you don't work all day like the rest of us, I'm not buying. BUT, if your reasonable and trustworthy and have what I want, I'll buy.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Come on it matches the game cabinets.</blockquote

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

Apparently 70 years.

#47 10 years ago

I really think alot of our agression is the over inflated prices in michigan compared to other states.This inflation is because a handfull of people decided to make a business buying low and asking high prices. Not a problem people just wont buy from chris or corey because they are too expensive. When they cant sell a game they will have to lower the price or go out of business. Btw they havent sold many games in the last 3 months. In the mean time I will list my pins for less and get the sale quicker.

The bigger problem is when corey uses shady tactics to sell games. Even worse when he sells you a perfect game that turns out to be junk.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

My buddy went out to get his dolly and found the flipper swapping boards (good for bad.)

Wow, how exactly did he respond to that?

#49 10 years ago

Ok Everyone - Deep Breath....

Step Back. Relax. Enjoy Playing Pinball. It's sad to me that we have to have threads over and over again this topic. This hobby is/was supposed to be fun right?

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from smileymatthew:

Step Back. Relax. Enjoy Playing Pinball. It's sad to me that we have to have threads over and over again this topic.

Yeah, I didn't need to start this thread, plenty of them already. It was late and I had a few drinks in me, pissed that the pin was in an area that I had zero chance of getting to in time. I'm over it, I have two projects to keep myself busy anyway.

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/and-yet-another-michigan-cl-flipper-at-your-service and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.