55%
  • Police Force 39 votes
    45%

(87 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

Thanks to everyone who voted on my last poll. Looks like RoboCop has been eliminated. Now I want to know, if you had a choice between Fire! and Police Force, which would you choose?

*reading comprehension warning*

"None of the above" is not a choice.

Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

robocop!

end of discussion

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

robocop!
end of discussion

You might be right! Have never played it, so I guess it could come back from the dead!

#4 8 years ago

If you want something standard then go police force
If you want something a little different the go with fire
Either way both are good choices

#5 8 years ago

I REALLY like Police Force but have never owned one. I have had 2 Fire! machines and really regret selling the last one.

I would pick Police Force but only because I have not owned one yet.

Chris

#6 8 years ago

This is simple...Just get both.

#7 8 years ago

Bump

#8 8 years ago

I agree with freeplay40, get them both. Pay the crud out of them and sell one off if you decide to.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

I agree with freeplay40, get them both. Pay the crud out of them and sell one off if you decide to.

I wish I could! Pinball fund is a little tight. Hopefully the guy has trouble selling all of his machines, and as soon as my account is replenished, I'll go back for another!

#10 8 years ago

Is this the ad you are looking at?

removed so others don't snipe you before you decide

You should have gone for the robocop if so, it was the best deal.

Next I would go Police Force just for the price (still a bit too much for the game)

#11 8 years ago

That's the one. I plan on trying them all out and seeing which one needs the least amount of work.

#12 8 years ago

Robocop!!! Rare game. Great stereo sound.
Fast shots. Best movie ever.

"Your move creep"

Bas

#13 8 years ago

Bump for more votes

#14 8 years ago

I respectfully didn't vote. I haven't played either game.

#15 8 years ago

I talked to that guy about Robocop early in the summer. I was going to buy it for $1600 but that was before one display went out. We could never get lined up so I could pick it up. I'm hoping no one else picks it up till I can make it there but it will be awhile till I have the funds. He's a school teacher that was going to start a family center and had a bunch of machines.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I talked to that guy about Robocop early in the summer. I was going to buy it for $1600 but that was before one display went out. We could never get lined up so I could pick it up. I'm hoping no one else picks it up till I can make it there but it will be awhile till I have the funds. He's a school teacher that was going to start a family center and had a bunch of machines.

Yeah, I saw one display was out. Bummer. I used to own a Monday Night Football, and currently have a Jurassic Park. Not sure I want to go the Data East route again.

Fire! is a cool game to play. Never played Police Force, but it looks interesting. Plus, it's a Python game!

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Yeah, I saw one display was out. Bummer. I used to own a Monday Night Football, and currently have a Jurassic Park. Not sure I want to go the Data East route again.
Fire! is a cool game to play. Never played Police Force, but it looks interesting. Plus, it's a Python game!

I love the quirky art on Police Force but I might be steering you there to leave the Robocop for me. lol

#18 8 years ago

Robocop isn't a great game. One real shot the ramp. But it's tough and brings me back to a movie I loved as a kid. I regret selling mine. Fire is a good game. I've never had one in my collection. But in a small collection I see it getting very repetitive. I've still love to own one. Police Force is a machine I've never played but it looks fun. They seem to always pop up under $1000.

#19 8 years ago

You should just buy Pinwow's Fire. I want it but shipping nightmares have me just buying within driving distance. It seems every pinball I order gets delivered by Ace Ventura himself.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#20 8 years ago

I voted Fire to tie it 22 to 22. I'm... helping?

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

You should just buy Pinwow's Fire. I want it but shipping nightmares have me just buying within driving distance. It seems every pinball I order gets delivered by Ace Ventura himself.

image_(resized).jpeg

Apparently that Fire has already been sold. At least that's what Pinwow's dad told me.

#22 8 years ago

That robocop is a good looking game. The display was working and then just went out. Probably power supply.

#23 8 years ago

Fire! takes a commanding lead!

#24 8 years ago

if you are will be playing with friends, in a friendly competition do not get the Police Force. the feature that allows you to steal the high score is un-balanced, and last-player has a signficant advantage.

Police force is the better solo-player if that is how you will be using it.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is this the ad you are looking at?
removed so others don't snipe you before you decide
You should have gone for the robocop if so, it was the best deal.
Next I would go Police Force just for the price (still a bit too much for the game)

RoboCop has one display out and one of the slingshot plastics is busted (from what I can see in the picture he sent me). Might have to talk him down on his price as plastics are impossible to come by and if it needs a whole new display, those run $170-$200, depending on which one you choose (Pinscore or Rottendog).

#26 8 years ago

It sounds like his ad has been sitting for quite some time so guessing there is some wiggle room if he really wants to sell.

I would offer $1800 for the pair and then sell whatever I did no like after a couple months.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It sounds like his ad has been sitting for quite some time so guessing there is some wiggle room if he really wants to sell.
I would offer $1800 for the pair and then sell whatever I did no like after a couple months.

I wish I could buy two, but I have a couple issues standing in my way:

1. The wife never wanted me to buy one machine, now I have two! I'm selling my Slugfest, so I have room for one more. If I brought home TWO, I would need to sleep with one eye open.

2. I simply don't have the funds for two games. Oh well, such is life!

#28 8 years ago

Thanks for all the input!

Anyone else want to give their two cents?

#29 8 years ago

I voiced my thoughts (like art/theme/sound on Fire but prefer gameplay on Police Force, would choose Fire myself) in the last thread, but I'll chime in on price:

If condition is equal and he won't negotiate, I think Police Force is a slightly better deal.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from anthony691:

I voiced my thoughts (like art/theme/sound on Fire but prefer gameplay on Police Force, would choose Fire myself) in the last thread, but I'll chime in on price:
If condition is equal and he won't negotiate, I think Police Force is a slightly better deal.

I won't be able to make a final decision until I play each game. I'm actually leaning toward Fire (personal fun factor, I know it isn't for everyone) and RoboCop (rarity, theme, better chance at reselling). But my son loves watching the Police Force videos, so that might trump everything!

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I wish I could buy two, but I have a couple issues standing in my way:
1. The wife never wanted me to buy one machine, now I have two! I'm selling my SlugFest, so I have room for one more. If I brought home TWO, I would need to sleep with one eye open.
2. I simply don't have the funds for two games. Oh well, such is life!

I'd be interested in splitting the pair if you did what whysnow mentioned. I have no idea what ad you are talking about or condition of the games though lol.

#32 8 years ago

I am finishing up a custom restoration on a Fire. Can't wait to play it.

#33 8 years ago

If you want more choices, maybe you should talk to this guy from Indy. I've talked with him before and he had quite the selection of games to choose from, more than was listed.

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If you want more choices, maybe you should talk to this guy from Indy. I've talked with him before and he had quite the selection of games to choose from, more than was listed.
indianapolis.craigslist.org link

I saw that ad. None of the games he is selling at the moment really interest me. Thanks for the tip, though!

#35 8 years ago

Dennis is a good dude. I bought my first whirlwind and Earthshaker from him. Neither was actually for sales when he sold them to me. He might be worth contacting to see if he has something else you might be interested in. Just tell him the types of games you like. I told him I was in to system 11.

#36 8 years ago

I'm getting all of the people I've contacted mixed up! I have texted Dennis a few times about his Monday Night Football. He seems to wait a few days before responding.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm getting all of the people I've contacted mixed up! I have texted Dennis a few times about his Monday Night Football. He seems to wait a few days before responding.

I called him mid summer and he answered right away. He said then he would have a second MNF available and it looks like he has it from the pics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/and-then-there-were-two-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.