Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ImNotNorm
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN7076 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

I've done this before but it has been a long time. I don't know if others have done this and posted about it but it's a little fun to have. Last night I decided it was time to do a little updating to a pinball machine. I made the following orders all within about an hour. Figured it would be interesting to post and track here. Now, one could consider the location of the company in reference to me but that may take some of the fun away. Anywho, here we go:

Orders made 7/5

Marco
    Titan
    Comet
    Pinballlife
    CoinTaker
    ColorDMD
    SparkyPinball
    Lighted Pinball Mods

#2 3 years ago

My money is colordmd shows up first.
    There the closest and Doug is always on it!
    Lighted pinball mods is awesome stuff, but my bet is its last to show up.
    Marco will beat pinballlife.

#3 3 years ago

If you had ordered pinballs from the Ball Baron, that would be the first to show up. They would most likely be arriving tomorrow or Wednesday. Every time I order from the BB, he ships the very next morning.

#4 3 years ago

You being in California is going to make it way different for me, but these 3 always show up within 2 days to me in Nashville.

Marco
    Titan
    Comet

#5 3 years ago

Wish you did PBR as well! They are always fast too.

#6 3 years ago

Won’t the shipping services play a part in this?

#7 3 years ago

With USPS, I actually get priority mail packages shipped from the west coast to the east coast much faster than I do if a package originates an hour away in Baltimore. A lot of long haul Priority mail goes by planes. But with passenger flights being cut back that may have had an effect on mail speed. Lots of mail is shipped on passenger routes.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Xtraball:

Won’t the shipping services play a part in this?

yes it could. They are all USPS Priority (I think) except one I chose UPS ground.

Quoted from QuietEarp:

Wish you did PBR as well! They are always fast too.

Yeah, I haven't "worked" on a pin in a while. I do miss the conversations with Steve.

Quoted from LukyDuck:

If you had ordered pinballs from the Ball Baron, that would be the first to show up. They would most likely be arriving tomorrow or Wednesday. Every time I order from the BB, he ships the very next morning.

This is someone I have not heard about. Thanx, I will look into him.

#9 3 years ago

So about a 24 hour update. Now, not all companies will respond with how things are going, but this is what has happened so far.

Marco - My order is complete and shipped
    Titan - Has been shipped
    Comet - SUPER awesome. I made a couple mistakes in my order. Greg contacted me to make sure I wanted what I ordered, the order was fixed and shipped.
    Pinballlife - No word
    CoinTaker - Nothin
    ColorDMD - My order has been updated to shipped
    SparkyPinball - Asked what the game was so he could load the video
    Lighted Pinball Mods - crickets

#10 3 years ago

Titan is always great, the order is out their door same day/next day. Marco is good. Cointaker has been good to me too, but only one order so far (not counting TBL, which was through them, not from them). Also a plug for Mod Couple, usually very quick and complete.

Good to hear about Ball Baron, I've been hovering on an order for a while now.

#11 3 years ago

The Ball Baron has a sale going on that ends today. Posted by himself last week in a different thread.

Attention Ballers! You've been wondering when and the time has come. July 1 starts the Independence Day Sale and all three pinball options will be discounted a whopping 17.76%.(prices rounded up or down hit whole numbers) The sale include Ninja, Polaris Carbon and Standard Chrome pinballs with a limit of 50 per purchase. No coupon code necessary, just visit ballbaron.com and make your purchase. Sale starts July 1 and ends July 7

#12 3 years ago

Right about a 48 hour update.

Marco - My order is complete and shipped 7/6
    Titan - Has been shipped 7/6
    Comet - SUPER awesome. I made a couple mistakes in my order. Greg contacted me to make sure I wanted what I ordered, the order was fixed, partial refund, and shipped. 7/6
    Pinballlife - Order has shipped. 7/7
    CoinTaker - Was contacted as an item I ordered was no longer in stock. Asked for just a refund. No refund yet or update of item shipped. 7/7
    ColorDMD - My order has been updated to shipped 7/6
    SparkyPinball - Asked what the game was so he could load the video 7/6. shipped 7/7
    Lighted Pinball Mods - Order has been updated to accepted 7/7

And in all my haste I went and left out Ole Cliffy. Not too smart on my part so I plan to email him tonight and and get an order in.

#13 3 years ago

Well darn, wish you would have bought something from me too.

With all the crazy USPS delays going on, it will be interesting to see how things arrive given most all your studs shipped on the same day or only a day apart.

#14 3 years ago

Another 24 hour update...and the first package is HERE! Today all orders are marked as shipped.

Marco - 7/6 My order is complete and shipped
    Titan - 7/6 Has been shipped
    Comet - 7/6 SUPER awesome. I made a couple mistakes in my order. Greg contacted me to make sure I wanted what I ordered, the order was fixed, partial refund, and shipped.
    Pinballlife - 7/7 Order has shipped.
    CoinTaker - 7/7 Was contacted as an item I ordered was no longer in stock. Asked for just a refund. No refund yet or update of item shipped. 7/8 received the partial refund and my order has shipped.
    ColorDMD - 7/6 My order has been updated to shipped. 7/8 ARRIVED
    SparkyPinball - 7/6 Asked what the game was so he could load the video. 7/7 shipped
    Lighted Pinball Mods - 7/7 Order has been updated to accepted

Email Cliffy last night 7/7. 7/8 had an invoice this AM and paid.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

This was an easy one to guess. Colordmd was the closest.

#16 3 years ago

At the next 24 hours and two (2) more packages ARRIVED today:

Marco - 7/6 My order is complete and shipped. 7/9 ARRIVED
    Titan - 7/6 Has been shipped
    Comet - 7/6 SUPER awesome. I made a couple mistakes in my order. Greg contacted me to make sure I wanted what I ordered, the order was fixed, partial refund, and shipped. 7/9 ARRIVED
    CoinTaker - 7/7 Was contacted as an item I ordered was no longer in stock. Asked for just a refund. No refund yet or update of item shipped. 7/8 received the partial refund and my order has shipped.
    SparkyPinball - 7/6 Asked what the game was so he could load the video. 7/7 shipped
    Lighted Pinball Mods - 7/7 Order has been updated to accepted

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

I've done this before but it has been a long time. I don't know if others have done this and posted about it but it's a little fun to have. Last night I decided it was time to do a little updating to a pinball machine. I made the following orders all within about an hour. Figured it would be interesting to post and track here. Now, one could consider the location of the company in reference to me but that may take some of the fun away. Anywho, here we go:
    Orders made 7/5
    Marco
    Titan
    Comet
    Pinballlife
    CoinTaker
    ColorDMD
    SparkyPinball
    Lighted Pinball Mods

I like it!

Comet always delivers super quick, but they are in CO, and I am nearby in TX...so that helps.

#18 3 years ago

I kind of have a USPS race going on right now. Not that it was planned.

USPS from Connecticut
    -shipped June 25th; arrived July 10th

USPS from Nevada
    - shipped June 29th; last update July 1st processed and departed San Francisco

USPS from southern California
    - shipped July 2nd; last update July 6th processed and departed Vancouver

#19 3 years ago

Missed my 24 hour update last night...I was too busy playing Pinball!! Getting closer. It will be interesting to see how this ends up. And if Cliff gets me his stuff before any of the earlier ones arrive.

Titan - 7/6 Has been shipped. 7/10 ARRIVED
    Comet - 7/6 SUPER awesome. I made a couple mistakes in my order. Greg contacted me to make sure I wanted what I ordered, the order was fixed, partial refund, and shipped. 7/9 ARRIVED
    SparkyPinball - 7/6 Asked what the game was so he could load the video. 7/7 shipped. 7/10 ARRIVED
    Lighted Pinball Mods - 7/7 Order has been updated to accepted. 7/10 Shipped.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

#21 3 years ago

Not on your list, but I have ordered from PPS and they have had it boxed up and shipped before I even got off the internet that day.

I'm going to add to the fun. I just ordered two pairs of Rainbow Sandals that need to travel about 40 miles from San Clemente to get here. I selected their "free" shipping option. Order placed 9:00 AM Saturday July 11.

#22 3 years ago

Cliffys are made to order and usually take a little while. One guy in his garage making quality parts as ordered. So I would bet you get those way last...

#23 3 years ago

I did a similar experiment last winter – from 12/17/2019 to 3/5/2020. I ordered 13 items from China and 14 items from the US. Three items from China never shipped so only 10 items were counted.

Average ship time from China was 18.1 days

Average ship time from the US was 4.36 days.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from oldschoolbob:

I did a similar experiment last winter – from 12/17/2019 to 3/5/2020. I ordered 13 items from China and 14 items from the US. Three items from China never shipped so only 10 items were counted.
    Average ship time from China was 18.1 days
    Average ship time from the US was 4.36 days.

Get it to me within 10 days and I’m happy.
    If it’s an emergency I pay for overnight or 2 day shipping.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm going to add to the fun. I just ordered two pairs of Rainbow Sandals that need to travel about 40 miles from San Clemente to get here. I selected their "free" shipping option. Order placed 9:00 AM Saturday July 11.

#26 3 years ago

I have an item shipping from Russia. It. Is. Taking. Forever.

#27 3 years ago

Last night was a week. Here is what we have so far. Getting close...wonder who will be last to the party?!

CoinTaker - 7/7 Was contacted as an item I ordered was no longer in stock. Asked for just a refund. No refund yet or update of item shipped. 7/8 received the partial refund and my order has shipped. 7/11 ARRIVED
    SparkyPinball - 7/6 Asked what the game was so he could load the video. 7/7 shipped. 7/10 ARRIVED
    Lighted Pinball Mods - 7/7 Order has been updated to accepted. 7/10 Shipped.

#28 3 years ago

Well, had all the initial orders by noon today. Yay!! It was fun while it lasted. Hopefully Cliff is on his A game so I can tear this thing down.

Pinballlife - 7/7 Order has shipped. 7/13 ARRIVED
    CoinTaker - 7/7 Was contacted as an item I ordered was no longer in stock. Asked for just a refund. No refund yet or update of item shipped. 7/8 received the partial refund and my order has shipped. 7/11 ARRIVED
    Lighted Pinball Mods - 7/7 Order has been updated to accepted. 7/10 Shipped. 7/13 ARRIVED

#29 3 years ago

I knew Pinball Life would lose this battle.
    They have the best pricing but are slow getting things out.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

6 days is now slow. What a screwed up world we now live in.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

6 days is now slow. What a screwed up world we now live in.

Compared to Marco, Yes.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

I dont think that you have a clue what really goes on.

ColorDMD, is in the OP's backyard, and im not sure how many they ship out a week, but i would guess maybe lets say 50 a week which im guessing is pretty high. No special packing really need since every one is the same size, they dont load the roms, so no additional work really needed

Pinballlife. I know that days that i have popped in there, they have had over 100 packages to ship just that day. Im guessing that many orders have 5-10 items because we are cheap asses and want to save on shipping, so we order 3 bulbs, 2 balls, a partridge in a pear tree, and then a cliffy or somethingg. so the parts puller has to go down 5 isles, make a box, with packing. then ship half way across the country

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

ColorDMD, is in the OP's backyard, and im not sure how many they ship out a week, but i would guess maybe lets say 50 a week which im guessing is pretty high. No special packing really need since every one is the same size, they dont load the roms, so no additional work really needed
    Pinballlife. I know that days that i have popped in there, they have had over 100 packages to ship just that day. Im guessing that many orders have 5-10 items because we are cheap asses and want to save on shipping, so we order 3 bulbs, 2 balls, a partridge in a pear tree, and then a cliffy or somethingg. so the parts puller has to go down 5 isles, make a box, with packing. then ship half way across the country

Completely agree they are without Question the best in our hobby. Plus note they Did ship asap as fast or sooner then most but in our area USPS is a flip of a coin lately. Plus, the original poster didn't say what he ordered. Ordering a single shelf stock DMD is not like picking a dozen different parts in misc quantities and hand packing them while short handed. Pinball Life is the definition of a properly run business! My Guess is Pinball Life packs more orders in One Hour then all these other companies do in a Week.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Pretty sure we are not responsible for the 6 days it was in transit. Looks like the OP ordered on a Sunday. Everyone either shipped on Monday or Tuesday. Seems like everyone did just fine.
    Terry.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Pretty sure we are not responsible for the 6 days it was in transit. Looks like the OP ordered on a Sunday. Everyone either shipped on Monday or Tuesday. Seems like everyone did just fine.
    Terry.

Terry, we love ya man. Not just a fling...your the real thing. I’m not gay bro...but damn.

#36 3 years ago

The shipper makes a difference.

A few weeks ago I bought some used pinball parts from two people. One was just outside of Washington DC. The other was just outside Seattle. (I'm just outside St. Louis). Both shipped the same day. Both packages were about the same size and weight. The DC guy shipped USPS and was received in 2 days. The Seattle guy shipped UPS and was received a week later.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from oldschoolbob:

The shipper makes a difference.

It sure does. When checking out from Pinball Life, all USA customers have the opportunity to choose between UPS, FedEx and USPS. We do not make that decision.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

It sure does. When checking out from Pinball Life, all USA customers have the opportunity to choose between UPS, FedEx and USPS. We do not make that decision.

So very true. I always pick the cheapest. I dont need my pinball parts yesterday. Its pinball parts, not amazon people.

#39 3 years ago

I ordered a Rottendog sys11 mpu from the UK (pinballdisplays.co.uk) on the 23rd of june, and it arrived here six days later! Well impressed.

#40 3 years ago

next time be interesting to get a couple of others folks to do it at the same time, from different parts of the country, from the same vendors.

then when I retire and move someplace new, I can figure out optimal location to get parts as fast as possible

Oh, and I do have to point out the entire experiment is somewhat flawed, since Steve Young/PBR was not included. That alone would have provided some interesting data, since "updates" from Steve work a little bit different than most vendors.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Terry.

Terry, I have always used you and never been disappointed. You are Margaret are TOP Shelf for sure. Being able to pick of the phone and talk to you guys is an amazing virtue. It is also nice to see you continue to be a staple in this community. 10 years ago you were a beacon of light when Marco was raping everyone with their ridiculous shipping costs. You and Cointaker were leading the pack in LEDs when some of us were being ripped off by BC's (Ha, who remembers that goof). I definitely wasn't trying to cause any problems or make anyone look bad, I was just having a little fun with a bunch of packages. I apologize if I have caused any angst.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

What counts is when the status is « shipped ».

Now regarding these postal companies, what counts for me is their ability for delivering at my door..and not at a relay point, local postal office...what means the guy makes the effort to call me if he doesn’t find my home. Most of them do not even try. I can say UPS is great.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

What kind of moron would not know all of that?
    Of course there are a million factors that could have gone into this.
    I was in no way knocking Pinball Life or their business.
    They are by far way better then Marco with Pricing and the fact it takes a day or two longer to get stuff is no reason for you to get your panties in a wad.
    Simply stating that if I were putting my money on a bet I would have picked them to come in last in this post.
    I have done this experiment many times and Pinball Life has never won out getting here or getting in the box quicker. But I still love the hell out of them.

#44 3 years ago

understand they are not on list, but #nvram.weebly.com ships really fast to Chicago,IL (Great Plains also)

#45 3 years ago

Terry is Top Notch. Helped me out in lurch more than once. Even keeping me on phone, checking shelves, finding what I needed not on website. Then getting it out next day to beat my deadline of getting it in c-container to Australia.
    So, pinball life longtime customer here.
    Always Grateful!!!
    Terry, what are the odds of open house this year if Expo happens?

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Terry, what are the odds of open house this year if Expo happens?

No odds at all. It sucks, but this year has to be a skip year. We shall see what next year brings.
    Terry.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

No odds at all. It sucks, but this year has to be a skip year. We shall see what next year brings.
    Terry.

Agreed, I will see you in 2021 my friend.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Randy_G:

understand they are not on list, but #nvram.weebly.com ships really fast to Chicago,IL (Great Plains also)

No combined shipping tho.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I just ordered two pairs of Rainbow Sandals that need to travel about 40 miles from San Clemente to get here. I selected their "free" shipping option. Order placed 9:00 AM Saturday July 11.

Arrived yesterday 7-14 at about 3 PM. Then I got a phone call from the senior center that mom needs new shoes.

"A 98 year old grandma wearing out shoes and never testing positive during a pandemic? And I just saved a shit ton of money by switching to Geico"

DSCN7076 (resized).JPGDSCN7076 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #50 3 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I kind of have a USPS race going on right now. Not that it was planned.
    USPS from Connecticut
    USPS from Nevada
    - shipped June 29th; last update July 1st processed and departed San Francisco

Figured I give an update too....

USPS from Connecticut

USPS from Nevada
    - shipped June 29th; arrived July 23rd

***Pinsiders in the UK & France received their package. Which was all shipped on the same day.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/and-the-shipping-experiment-has-started?hl=jwf_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.