(Topic ID: 340630)

And that's why I hate social media

By The_Pump_House

11 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

excuse-me-pvec6r (resized).jpg
    798A9C7F-BCDC-4F13-89F2-EAB44F1B582A (resized).jpeg
    oh-my-god-phil-hartman.gif
    i-dont-get-it-clueless.gif
    Screenshot_20230728-010630~2 (resized).png
    ugh1 (resized).png
    #2 11 months ago

From the Pinside map...

Screenshot_20230728-010630~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230728-010630~2 (resized).png
    #3 11 months ago

If you added the 40 games here, but didn't claim the business here and add a comment about 19 max at a time, then that's on you.

#4 11 months ago

Ugh the map. I never use that part of the site

#5 11 months ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Ugh the map. I never use that part of the site

Neither do I, but apparently someone does. Claim your business and add that comment on the top, or update it regularly to keep it accurate. If you're updating the pinball map regularly, update this site regularly too.

#6 11 months ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Neither do I, but apparently someone does. Claim your business and add that comment on the top, or update it regularly to keep it accurate. If you're updating the pinball map regularly, update this site regularly too.

I fixed the map. When I first joined pinside I didn’t know the features very well and was incorrectly using the map as our collection. Once I figured out the correct way to do a collection I abandoned/forgot about the pinside map as I always used pinballmap

Thanks for pointing the map out or I would have never figured out where the misinformation came from.

Hate chasing social media. I’d rather spend the time fixing pins

#7 11 months ago

No prob. Thanks for operating games. Will definitely stop by if I'm in the area.

-former operator

#8 11 months ago

Struggling to understand the issue?

Quoted from phishrace:

If you added the 40 games here, but didn't claim the business here and add a comment about 19 max at a time, then that's on you.

The claim business feature is brand new. I worked with Robin to come up with something so Pasttimes Arcade and I didn’t have to keep dealing with people screwing with our lineup.

I keep having people delete games that are accurately listed because they can’t use their head and walk around the corner

#10 11 months ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Struggling to understand the issue?

I'm with you, there. Looks like a good review with no misleading info. Is there something we're missing?

#11 11 months ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

I'm with you, there. Looks like a good review with no misleading info. Is there something we're missing?

I assume it was changed. I don't see anything wrong with the current post.

#12 11 months ago

I don't understand

#13 11 months ago
    i-dont-get-it-clueless.gifi-dont-get-it-clueless.gif
    #14 11 months ago

I try not to drink before 12pm.

Usually.

#15 11 months ago

I think there’s a lot more reasons to hate social media beyond whatever this issue is that no one can grasp.

#16 11 months ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I think there’s a lot more reasons to hate social media beyond whatever this issue is that no one can grasp.

Actually, that pretty much sums up social media.

#17 11 months ago

I'm guessing someone showed up expecting to see 40 machines.

#18 11 months ago

And that's why things tape air around silver sprinkles for playing burritos like many firms entertainment value.

#19 11 months ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

And that's why things tape air around silver sprinkles for playing burritos like many firms entertainment value.

I disagree.

#20 11 months ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

oh-my-god-phil-hartman.gifoh-my-god-phil-hartman.gif
    #21 11 months ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

"You know, and I know, that chaos and bedlam are consuming the entire world! UV light waves are only the beginning, Tom. We have an inch of topsoil left."

#22 11 months ago

Some times I wish I was on social media.

798A9C7F-BCDC-4F13-89F2-EAB44F1B582A (resized).jpeg798A9C7F-BCDC-4F13-89F2-EAB44F1B582A (resized).jpeg
    #23 11 months ago
    excuse-me-pvec6r (resized).jpgexcuse-me-pvec6r (resized).jpg
    #24 11 months ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

Is there something we're missing?

Yes. OP (or possibly mods) removed a screenshot of a recent bad Yelp review. Women was mad that 40 games were advertised and there was only 19 when she got there. Pinball map app has the 19 game disclaimer above, but Pinside map was showing 40 games available.

I suspect you know having games in your business, barcade, restaurant, skate shop, whatever, can absolutely affect your Yelp reviews. You need to stay on top of maintenance AND the pinball maps Also, it's not necessary for you to claim the business on Yelp for people to leave reviews, so ignoring Yelp won't help. OP learned his lesson on this one. I don't suspect it will happen again.

#25 11 months ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

The claim business feature is brand new. I worked with Robin to come up with something so Pasttimes Arcade and I didn’t have to keep dealing with people screwing with our lineup.

Nice. I'm all for anything that increases accuracy. Helps explain why OP likely didn't know that feature was available. I didn't know until I looked last night.

#26 11 months ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Women was mad that 40 games were advertised and there was only 19 when she got there.

I mean, the fucking nerve to ONLY have 19 machines?! OP you just go straight to hell right now. Who cares that you might have ~$114,000 worth of machines there. This woman wanted 40!

#27 11 months ago

Long story short I had not updated pinside map and someone two starred us because we only have 19 pins.

Couldn’t figure out why she thought we had more on the floor than 19 (because it says 19 everywhere) until phishrace pointed me to that part of pinside I never use

I removed the pic of the Yelp review because I realized I had not removed their name and then AFM said “don’t mess with updating that pinside post, play me” so I did that instead

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.