(Topic ID: 132913)

And Now a Few Words about Pintastic NE 2015...

By beelzeboob

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    pouting_kid.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hool10.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 8 years ago

I have gone to PAX East since 2012 (a game expo in Boston). I have gone to Comic-CON in NYC twice, Boston once, and NH one once (it's too small though). I can tell you one thing though about every convention though. You will remember the first one you went to the most and especially how you could enjoy the show. When you go to a Comic-Con or any popular convention, you feel like your a body going through a sausage casing. When you go to PAX East you wait in line often for 2 hours to play a game due next Spring. Enjoy waiting to play "Full Throttle" for 5-10min, cheap tickets, a front seat at a panel, not being packed in, or finding a parking space that is free.

This I hope is one of many Pintastic events. I'm hoping next year Marco comes, I know Bowen Kerins was doing one of his math Summer camps so he couldn't make it, PAPA comes, they don't give the kids a console to play on (seriously screw video games at any convention because they quickly become the show). I'm pretty sure people in Chicago remember when their convention was like ours back in the day.

I was the guy with a HD camcorder at some panels and tripod. You may have asked what it was and what I was doing. Currently I'm making a NE Pinball documentary but this thread isn't for that and people in the league have heard about it. Without going into too much detail it's a camcorder, preferably an HD lightweight one, and it's on a mic stand with camcorder adapter. It's about $50 altogether and the video comes out like a PAPA tutorial. It's great because it's cheap and not a big erector set. I'll post the video's later here.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hool10.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/and-now-a-few-words-about-pintastic-ne-2015?tu=hool10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.