(Topic ID: 132913)

And Now a Few Words about Pintastic NE 2015...

By beelzeboob

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    pouting_kid.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

The timing of the event could have been better. You schedule it on one of the busiest vacation weeks for people who live in the Northeast could be the reason the attendance was poor. I was unable to attend due to too many co-workers being out on vacation during said week.
    I know the Allentown show is in early May but having Pintastic sometime in early June would be better timing IMHO or possibly after Labor Day weekend....but I think the first weekend in June would be the best for the Northeast.

This is what we are thinking

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

Glad to help out Ed. I did a lot of gratis work there this past weekend (about 6 pins) and met a lot of great folks keeping the pins up and running.
    Dave (Doc)

Dave you were amazing and anchored the free play room. Between you, Daren, Ivan and Eric we had 4 skilled techs on the floor most of the show and it showed for sure. This is what I invitioned from the begining and it worked out perfect!

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from Toyguy:

I had the best time watching Maggie the Clown on her enormous stilts, standing well back from a young fellow watching someone play over their shoulder. She'd reach out with this really long feather thing and tickle him behind the ear. He'd reach to swat it away like it was a fly and she'd whip that thing back behind the stilt and stare innocently off into space. It probably took a good 8-10 tickles before he caught on to what was happening. Hilarious! She was careful not to disturb those playing too, so hats off to her for really adding some color and humor to the show!

She was awesome for sure. She will be back!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

I loved the carnival rides, face painter and clown - next year everyone should bring their kids.

Pintastic was always billed as a family fun event. When you or your family have had enough of pinball than go enjoy the tons of other stuff we offer all in one venue!

#46 8 years ago

I was just looking at the 2016 schedule of pinball shows on pinball news and it looks like there are 2 shows on the weekend of June 10th.

We want to move Pintastic into June away from the 4th of July. I was thinking June 17th 18th and 19th or the week after thoughts? We want to do it when school is out for the kids.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Our school doesn't get out until the following week. And if we get walloped by snowstorms again, it'll definitely be a while before we're out of school.
    Gabe...I don't understand why people are complaining about it being a heavy vacation week. You had this thing planned 10 months ago. People couldn't work around it? Hell, I planned a trip to Block Island before coming up to the show...I worked it INTO a short vacation, rather than working a vacation around it.

Your school does not get out till when?

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Those weekends work great for me but my daughter is not in school yet.
    If the 4th & school is a major concern then instead of June you should be looking at further into July or early August.

We want to do it when school is out but also work around major vacation weeks. Also are people more prone to spend money with vendors at certain times of the year or summer?

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

Guys Derek and Gabe may not want us setting up a paypal account or cash to recoup their expenses, but I vote to show support by selling out their general store
    The store is still open and lots of T-Shirts etc are left.
    http://www.pintasticnewengland.com/general-store-2.html

It would be great to sell out the shirts but give me till this weekend to take a inventory of what is left please. Thanks for all the support.

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I never saw hats or sweatshirts. They are mentioned on that link, but were they ever available?

We never got around to doing them for the show but may do a small run this winter of sweatshirts of the logo shirt.

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

OldPinGuy wrote to Derek:

In addition to her heart, she has a brain in her head, and it was using her brain that allowed the control room (registration area) to get up-to-speed quickly. There were lots of sudden changes and adaptations that occurred, and Andrea was one of the key people driving the agile operations!
    .................Dave Marston

Don't forget Giesla D'Annunzio my wife in the other window!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/and-now-a-few-words-about-pintastic-ne-2015?tu=dannunz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.