(Topic ID: 132913)

And Now a Few Words about Pintastic NE 2015...

By beelzeboob

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    pouting_kid.jpg
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

We want to move Pintastic into June away from the 4th of July. I was thinking June 17th 18th and 19th or the week after thoughts? We want to do it when school is out for the kids.

Those weekends work great for me but my daughter is not in school yet.
    If the 4th & school is a major concern then instead of June you should be looking at further into July or early August.

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Those weekends work great for me but my daughter is not in school yet.
    If the 4th & school is a major concern then instead of June you should be looking at further into July or early August.

We want to do it when school is out but also work around major vacation weeks. Also are people more prone to spend money with vendors at certain times of the year or summer?

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

We want to do it when school is out but also work around major vacation weeks. Also are people more prone to spend money with vendors at certain times of the year or summer?

I would argue that would be even more reason to push it closer to mid July to early August.
    Memorial Day weekend, graduations, wedding season, and 4th of July saving/spending is over with and you've got a few dead weeks before Labor Day and football season.
    A person might find themselves with a little extra cash and no future family event purchases on their mind.

/whatever you guys pick I'm sure will be fine.

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from marlboroman:

Interesting... I drove from your exact location (Manchester NH) to the show, really was worth the hour fifteen ride, it was a great show!

The drive was not the issue ...... other commitments were

#55 8 years ago

What ever date is picked, we'll come up again, 5 hr drive from PA, but this was worth it. I have never met so many great, friendly pinball people!! I am guessing even more will come from our area and this show will steamroll into a great annual event. For a first show you guys were awesome, lots of great memories made. I am sure everyone that was there would support this in any way they could, financially or by just helping, to make this happen again
    Cheers
    Gerry

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

First, a word about me....This is the first time that I have touched the computer since the event. As you all plainly witnessed, I have a severe back injury. I was in so much pain during the show, I can't even properly explain it. I haven't told many people about this, but I felt the need too since so many have asked if I am okay. This injury has changed my whole life for the much worse. It's how I'll be for the rest of my life or at least that's what the surgeons say. I have been laid up in bed since getting home from the show and completely exhausted. I don't talk too much about myself personally and shy away from the spotlight and always put the focus on the team. That comes from all the sports I've played and the team mentality that comes with it. No matter how great I was or things I did, we won because of the "TEAM". Were successful cause of the "TEAM". Everything to me is always a "TEAM" effort. Pintastic is no different.
    All that said...I have to thank the entire team. My word, I love you all. You have no idea what you all mean to me. I never had to lift a machine or move hardly anything. Certainly nothing heavy, thanks to the team. You guys loaded, set up, broke down and redid all my machines for me. I never touched a single one. For that, I truly thank you. It's all the walking that did me in. So that's why you all saw me the way I was and I just wanted to let you all know that.
    Thank you to everyone who made this event possible. Gabe and I were a small part of much bigger machine. All of you really stepped in and made this event happen. I couldn't even begin to name you all, but you know who you are and how I feel. Thank you with all my heart for sacrificing your time, strength and energy to help us out and make Pntastic the success that it was. YOU are the reason the event was a success, not I or Gabe. Each and every one of you are to be thanked. That's why Pintastic is YOUR show. YOU made is a success! Thank you so very much everyone.
    No worries, there will be a Pintastic 2016. We did great with the attendance. Had just over 1,800 people attend. That's great, it's just that we expected more to cover the show expenses. Without getting into details, Gabe and I will be fine. We do not want anyone to donate anything in a PayPal type account. God, you guys are the BEST! I'm truly humbled and brought to tears as I write this thinking about your kindness and generosity. You all are amazing! You're our brothers and sisters and we love you and appreciate you all more than you'll ever know. So sincerely, Thank you everyone.
    I will have more to say soon. Including show details for 2016. We will be having a meeting next month with our core group of helpers and we're going to discuss all things Pintastic. We're dedicated to making 2016 an even better show than this year. And I don't care how much it costs, we are going to have the kids rides next year along with the after party. That ROCKED! = )
    Thank you everyone and have a great night!

Faith in the hobby restored.

#57 8 years ago

Guys Derek and Gabe may not want us setting up a paypal account or cash to recoup their expenses, but I vote to show support by selling out their general store

The store is still open and lots of T-Shirts etc are left.

http://www.pintasticnewengland.com/general-store-2.html

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

Guys Derek and Gabe may not want us setting up a paypal account or cash to recoup their expenses, but I vote to show support by selling out their general store

It would be great to sell out the shirts but give me till this weekend to take a inventory of what is left please. Thanks for all the support.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

Funny thing is, I ordered one on Monday because I ran out of cash after lunch at the show and had no time to hit up an ATM.

Quoted from dannunz:

It would be great to sell out the shirts but give me till this weekend to take a inventory of what is left please. Thanks for all the support.

Excellent! I hope there's a few smalls. I'll buy one for my kid

#60 8 years ago

I never saw hats or sweatshirts. They are mentioned on that link, but were they ever available?

#61 8 years ago

OldPinGuy wrote to Derek:

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Special thanks to your wife, Andrea....an Angel with a heart of gold!

In addition to her heart, she has a brain in her head, and it was using her brain that allowed the control room (registration area) to get up-to-speed quickly. There were lots of sudden changes and adaptations that occurred, and Andrea was one of the key people driving the agile operations!
    .................Dave Marston

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I never saw hats or sweatshirts. They are mentioned on that link, but were they ever available?

Yep. But there was nothing in teal, so no worries.

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

We never got around to doing them for the show but may do a small run this winter of sweatshirts of the logo shirt.

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

OldPinGuy wrote to Derek:

In addition to her heart, she has a brain in her head, and it was using her brain that allowed the control room (registration area) to get up-to-speed quickly. There were lots of sudden changes and adaptations that occurred, and Andrea was one of the key people driving the agile operations!
    .................Dave Marston

Don't forget Giesla D'Annunzio my wife in the other window!

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

My Apologies...we didnt formally meet.....Please do pass on my thanks for running everything in the back office with precision
    and Grace......

it was often overheard from people appreciating the greeting at the door, and the efficiency of the ticket booth.
    (more like...these lines are moving fast, this is great!)

It could not have been done without your families help and support, and sincerely appreciated!

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

...who I was never introduced to, so it's easy to forget her. Andrea, on the other hand, I met...

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/and-now-a-few-words-about-pintastic-ne-2015/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.