Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Vic_Camp
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Aug trip 083.jpg
    005.JPG
    004.JPG
    TK4.jpg
    TK3.jpg
    TK2.jpg
    TK1.jpg
    WP_20130123_005.jpg
    WP_20130123_002.jpg
    WP_20130123_004.jpg
    WP_20130123_003.jpg
    WP_20130123_001.jpg
    WP_20130121_003.jpg
    WP_20130121_001.jpg
    IMAG0082.jpg
    IMAG0084.jpg
    There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

Still cracks me up looking at holes #20 and #21 when they built they should have moved her up.

But I guess when the balls land in them you get the full 3-D effect.

Quoted from way2wyrd:

Id bet a dollar you're correct

I would bet 2 bucks, look at the smile/smirk on her face.

Quoted from way2wyrd:

I finally got some time to clean the playfield.

Looks great Jeff, the Playfield really pops now!

Ken

#52 11 years ago

looking good

#53 11 years ago

Glad you saved it and are bringing it back to its former glory.
    Even if it were to only lite up but not work properly, it would still be a cool addition to the collection and gameroom. Great theme and artwork - looking better. Way-to-go Way2wyrd!

#54 11 years ago

OK so Ive been working under the hood
    Ive cleaned the ball lane and started to disassemble the coin door and ball lift.

All the switches look good but things need to be cleaned badly.
    Theres one wire attached to the credit counter thats wrapped around and not soldered.

Also theres a door close switch that im not sure what is supposed to close it.
    There were some metal tamper strips installed on the inside of the door that messed with the internal cabinet light switch

--Jeff

WP_20130123_001.jpgWP_20130123_001.jpgWP_20130123_002.jpgWP_20130123_002.jpg WP_20130123_003.jpgWP_20130123_003.jpg WP_20130123_004.jpgWP_20130123_004.jpg WP_20130123_005.jpgWP_20130123_005.jpg

1 week later
    #55 11 years ago

I have never wanted to even start working on a bingo pin. I helped a friend empty an old building of those about a year ago, they are even heavier to move than they are hard to work on. We removed about thirty in different stages of condition. There were several cypress gardens pins as I remember. If your in need of parts I can check with him to see if he still has them in storage.

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from JBK:

I have never wanted to even start working on a bingo pin.

Yes, Jeff is a brave man indeed.

Well Jeff, Does not sound too bad yet, just the usual stuff so far, clean,clean, and minor repairs.

No major parts missing so far is a good sign.

Ken

#57 11 years ago

The switch on the edge of coin door above the lock is an anti-cheat item and should be permanently defeated (adjusted closed) so you can run the game and troubleshoot without fooling with it each time. These are also on one or both back door locks (I don’t remember if they tilt the machine or shut it off). The other one that’s mounted to the cabinet is for a lamp so the operator could read the meters.
    Didn’t see the wire you mentioned but it’s likely for another meter. (It’s a long story but these could accept up to three of them).

Steve Smith
    Richmond VA

#58 11 years ago

Not interested in my offer of free instruction and score cards? Or at least a "No thank you. I have a nice set already"?

#59 11 years ago

Sorry Dennis I missed that post.
    Thank you for the offer. I did down load the electronic version of the score cards.
    I was going to print some out on manila paper

Steve.
    The door switch is permanently defeted already and I ordered a new door switch closer bar as well as some other parts from joebingo . The unsoldered wire is to one of the counters.

My light switch was mangled and now fixed.

Thanks for the help. CU motor rebuild is next.

-Jeff

#60 11 years ago

I'll be watching this thread too. You will be my inspiration. We have a beautiful 1949 (50?) Turf King in the corner of our studio. It looks cleaner inside than most pins I've dragged home but my girlfriend won't let me touch it. She's afraid she'll lose me for months with that thing! And she's probably right, but it's so clean inside!!! I'm anxious to start her up! (Note: my GF is not a pin-hater, just the opposite, she's a hell of a player and does all the polishing and waxing around here, she just knows that thing is a beast!)

#61 11 years ago

Oh man - I really want a Turf King - What's the outside like? (and the top buttons)
    I have a nos bakglass on the wall. It's one of the best looking one-ball hosre race glasses there ever was - this one is a 9.7 out of 10. So much mirroring on it you could shave and tie your tie.
    Never played one but was told by a few that Turf King is really fun and one of the best.
    Trade you a nice Top Hand for it !? ...
    If you do, I don't know where I'll put it - but like Dennis once told me - get it first, you always find room.
    Oh yeah - Dennis do you need another wood lockdown bar for your new bounty? I have about three left. I know Hugh has top plates for 'em but I think he's all sold out of control buttons.

Steve Smith
    Richmond VA.

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Muggle:

Oh man - I really want a Turf King

There was one for sale a while back local to me on Craig's List and never sold as far as I know but I think they wanted $800.00 at the time.

Ken

#63 11 years ago

I did not know you were also a one-ball horserace fan Steve. Unfortunately, there is even less love for the one-balls than bingos. The good thing for us is they can usually be had for a song. I have had many over the years and have a Universal "Winner" and a rare Keeney "Favorite" which is a payout in my permanent collection. The Bounty is still in transit. I will let you know the condition of the front rail. I have a good supply of N.O.S. control buttons so I am O.K. in that department.

#64 11 years ago

I don't want to hijack Jeff's thread, I'll be sure to start my own when I start working on the TK (Sorry Steve Smith, looks like I'm keeping her, besides, the thought of moving her again scares me!)

Our Turf King is in what I would call great condition cosmetically. I had to really look hard to find a tiny spot of damage on the backglass. The playfield looks clean, despite missing the PF glass, The slide out nuclear core with kickstand looks clean as can be and finding the manual, score cards, schematics and hand written notes dated as recent as 1957 were a big plus! Motivated, I plugged her in last night just to see if she'd light up. She didn't....but here are some pics of her, one of our oldest games, next to our newest.

Sorry Jeff! Finding this thread is very inspirational. End of hijack.

TK1.jpgTK1.jpg TK2.jpgTK2.jpg TK3.jpgTK3.jpg TK4.jpgTK4.jpg

#65 11 years ago

Art,
    no worries thats a beautiful machine.
    Check those fuses and the fuse holder. Ill be you can get GI going on that pretty quick at the least

--Jeff

#66 11 years ago

What Jeff said - if that doesn't do it maybe a quick cleaning of the jones plugs . (Figuring you flipped on the power switch).
    It’s a real beauty and certainly a PILP.

Steve Smith
    Richmond VA

#67 11 years ago

I am absolutely fascinated by this thread.
    Looks can be deceiving. First look at the exterior, it looks like a pretty simple PF with a lot of backbox lights. Easy to assume there won't be very much EM stuff inside.

Those look like a real challenge!

I was wondering about the goal of game play. Is it high score like a conventional pin, or does it pay out like a gambling machine?

#68 11 years ago

The easiest way for me to explain them is to let someone else do it. … =) … so here’s a video of my pride and joy (well, one of them) being demonstrated by a friend.

#69 11 years ago

Looking great.

Side note: My brother just moved from Maine to Austin this weekend. I hope to visit him soon and we will plan a trip over to pinballz. Would be great to meet you too Jeff.

#70 11 years ago

If your Em skills are sharp, they aren't too bad to work on. It just takes a little while to understand 'bingo' logic. I have one, which is more than enough for me. It was the first game I ever rebuilt. That helped later on because once I got into pinball it seemed simple compared to the bingo.
    If you really want to have fun, tear down a 6 player bowler! That's a good time 004.JPG004.JPG 005.JPG005.JPG

#71 11 years ago

How many hours to go through the back box PinballShawn ?

#72 11 years ago

Good vid Pinball Muggle - thanks for sharing

#73 11 years ago

That is a great video.
    Nice restore also Steve!

--Jeff

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Side note: My brother just moved from Maine to Austin this weekend. I hope to visit him soon and we will plan a trip over to pinballz. Would be great to meet you too Jeff.

Anytime!!

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

How many hours to go through the back box PinballShawn ?

All and all about 7 hours. But 7 solid hours. That bowler was very filthy and had more spider webs in it than I have ever seen in my life! It was like a spider graveyard. Steppers were already marked so everything broke down and went back together pretty well.

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Muggle:

The easiest way for me to explain them is to let someone else do it. … =)

Like others here, I'am fascinated by this thread and I'm glad to see bingos being discussed. After watching the videos, parts 1 and 2, I'm beginning to understand the attraction of these beasts. The game play has always alluded me but I think I get it now.

Best of luck W2W, I'll be following along!

Randy

#77 11 years ago

I'll be watching, too.

A friend of mine expressed interest in acquiring one of these so I'm on the lookout for one...

#78 11 years ago
    Quoted from Prmailers:

A friend of mine expressed interest in acquiring one of these so I'm on the lookout for one...

There is a bunch of them on C-list in NEPA.^^

#79 11 years ago

Yeah, I've noticed that lately...a little pricey though I think.

6 months later
    #80 10 years ago

I'm loving this thread. Thanks for starting it!

5 months later
    #81 10 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

That is a great video.
    Nice restore also Steve!
    --Jeff

Jeff - What's the latest on this bingo? I have a line on two here in Oregon that I am considering.....

#82 10 years ago

Aug trip 083.jpgAug trip 083.jpg

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I had two in my collection a about 15 years ago and Miss it!

Aug trip 083.jpg 213 KB

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/and-bingo-was-his-name-o/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.