(Topic ID: 187505)

Anbody have a sit down car racing arcade game at home?

By KozMckPinball

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by tatman9999
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8892 (resized).JPG
IMG_8477 (resized).JPG
DSC01758 (resized).jpg
DSC03345 (resized).JPG
DSC03356 (resized).JPG
DSC03343 (resized).JPG
DSC01747 (resized).jpg
DSC01752 (resized).jpg
DSC01760 (resized).jpg
DSC01728 (resized).jpg
DSC01743 (resized).jpg
DSC01735 (resized).jpg
IMG_1132 (resized).JPG
20151201_162016 (resized).jpg
20160104_135120 (resized).jpg
2008 Gameroom Daytona 005 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

What would you recommend? The Fast and Furious Drift model from Raw Thrills looks relatively cheap. (Used made in 2006 or so I guess). Does this have a tube monitor? Can it be upgraded monitor wise? Is it worth having at home?

#2 7 years ago

I find that all of the newer racers get old fast if you only have one of them. If you don't have room for a pair so you can race each other, then I would go for Pole Position.

Hydro Thunder was by far the most popular racing pair that I had. Drift was OK, but didn't get much play. The only sit down racers I have now are Pole Position and Road Blasters, and they get more attention than any of the pairs I had.

#3 7 years ago

I built my own racing cockpit with a nice arcade seat. I use a logitech g25 racing wheel with it. it works with Assetto Corsa and P-Cars as well as MAME.

Basically like this one here, not mine but similar.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4 7 years ago

I've got an Atari hard drivin. It gets old fast, but it has some sentimental value (I learned to drive stick on this game) and the kids like playing it. I've thought about getting rid if it and building a mame driver but she's still here.

#5 7 years ago

I do not have one in home but coincidentally, I've been giving it some serious thought as a recent visit to Game Exchange in Denver with my daughters surprised me in how much they enjoyed playing. We were there for over an hour because of the driving games and this one in particular. (wrote them off at first from size and budget but they really are not much different than a pin and I'd love to have the girls playing with dad more)

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 5.05.05 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-04-26 at 5.05.05 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 5.04.50 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-04-26 at 5.04.50 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 5.13.07 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-04-26 at 5.13.07 PM (resized).png

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I built my own racing cockpit with a nice arcade seat. I use a logitech g25 racing wheel with it. it works with Assetto Corsa and P-Cars as well as MAME.
Basically like this one here, not mine but similar.

I was gonna say, but then you said it wasn't yours... you said "arcade seat" not "mid-90's Honda Accord seat"!

#7 7 years ago

The only one's that matter are Rush the Rocks' Alcatraz Version. Trust me !!

John

#8 7 years ago

I owned a single player Namco "Rave Racer" 15 years ago (Ridge Racer sequel). It was a bigger hit than pinball in my game room. It was limited in the number of courses and got old after a while, but great for entertaining guests.

#9 7 years ago

I have 2 RUSH the Rock Alcatraz, linked play... woot woot

They are tube TV's its hard to find a LCD/LED TV to fit correctly, I would love to replace the tubes for sure.

#10 7 years ago

I have a custom built cockpit that uses a force feedback wheel. In my opinion much better having multiple racing games in one.

#11 7 years ago

I have a Cruisn World sit-down. My kids play around on it, but I never play it. It is fun for parties with non-pinheads. I'd suggest a Rush the Rock.

#12 7 years ago

i have a pair of mario kart gp.......always a hit with guests and my grandkids

#13 7 years ago

Seriously, may want to check out this thread. Everything was about covered in it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/educate-me-on-sit-down-driving-games

I have two Rush's, and they get the most action out of all my games. And I love their handling over all other racing games.

#14 7 years ago

I have a california speed, love it. Would like to find another so I can link them.

#15 7 years ago

I have 2 Rush 2049 sit downs linked and they are a blast for company. Warning all arcade games get old fast but the variety is nice.

#16 7 years ago

I have a pair of Sega/EA Nascar cockpits. Not a physically linked pair but 2 individual non motion games. They're about to find a new home once I finally decide to take photos. Also have an Indy 500 cockpit- single machine but same conversion class as Daytona USA so that's a bonus.

#17 6 years ago

I have a pair of Rush the Rock Alcatraz's...one of my most recent purchases and so much fun to play linked.

#18 6 years ago

It all depends on how much you want to spend. There is many great options out there, although I prefer a pair of Initial D 5 (or above) linked.

2 weeks later
#19 6 years ago

I have a play seat and the TM T300R along with the 3 pedal setup and manual shifter. I bought this setup for Dirt Rally and love it. Oddly enough, I only play it when company is over and we have time trials.

#20 6 years ago

Don't own it, but F355 challenge was the most realistic racing arcade i've ever played. 3 screens, 6spd gear box around the proper height. Braking into corners would actually shift the image on the display so it felt like the front of the car was actually dropping. Was absolutely fantastic - but was more of a sim than a game. Even had a clutch that you had to use if you picked manual.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F355_Challenge

http://primetimeamusements.com/product/f355-challenge-ferrari-theater/

#21 6 years ago

+1 for Hydro Thunder.

I used to have a Hydro Thunder it was super popular, really good for little kids too since it had a boat throttle rather than pedals. The Bass in the Seat when you boost is killer as well. Will shake you to the core!

#22 6 years ago

I have an Afterburner Climax. I want a Lucky and Wild.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I have an Afterburner Climax. I want a Lucky and Wild.

Lucky and Wild is one I've always wanted too. The driving and shooting is so fun! It's like an old Buddy Cop show.

#24 6 years ago

I'm picking up my first next week! Cruis'n USA.

The one I enjoyed most in my youth was Atari 4WD Road Riot. I'd love to have a pair someday.

#25 6 years ago

I do enjoy a but of outrun 2sp, It's a can which I would love to own

#26 6 years ago

I prefer and have a linked pair of Hydro Thunders. Those were always my favorites and my friends favorites

#27 6 years ago

I have a pair of Crusin USA sit downs and love it. So much fun to play by yourself or against others!

#28 6 years ago

I put together my own too. I plan on using my PC with VR eventually, but currently use my Xbox One. Dirt Rally is my go to.

Not small, but a smaller footprint then an arcade, so more room for pins.

IMG_3676 (resized).JPGIMG_3676 (resized).JPG

IMG_3675 (resized).JPGIMG_3675 (resized).JPG

#29 6 years ago

This is the highlight of my entire gameroom, except when pinball league is over. All 4 linked and I put brand new CRT monitors at each position before they went out of production. I also have the correct numbering on the seats now (1, 2, 3, 4) as I just noticed this is an older picture. It's not the newest racer on the market but I believe it is still the top earner of all of them, and having 4 is loads of fun versus just a pair or a single.

2008 Gameroom Daytona 005 (resized).jpg2008 Gameroom Daytona 005 (resized).jpg

#30 6 years ago

I have my racing sim, and initial d ver.3

20160104_135120 (resized).jpg20160104_135120 (resized).jpg

20151201_162016 (resized).jpg20151201_162016 (resized).jpg

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I put together my own too. I plan on using my PC with VR eventually, but currently use my Xbox One. Dirt Rally is my go to.
Not small, but a smaller footprint then an arcade, so more room for pins.

This is basically my exact setup. I'm running 42" vizio tv (1080) on a windows 10 box. I have the same leather TM wheel too, it was an adder but really nice. Dirt Rally is awesome!

#32 6 years ago

Here's my racing setup with a moving seat and a buttshaker

IMG_1132 (resized).JPGIMG_1132 (resized).JPG

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Here's my racing setup with a moving seat and a buttshaker

Bet those chairs are hard to sit in after 10 beers

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

This is the highlight of my entire gameroom, except when pinball league is over. All 4 linked and I put brand new CRT monitors at each position before they went out of production. I also have the correct numbering on the seats now (1, 2, 3, 4) as I just noticed this is an older picture. It's not the newest racer on the market but I believe it is still the top earner of all of them, and having 4 is loads of fun versus just a pair or a single.

4 linked Daytonas and a Skee Ball! Bravo!

#35 6 years ago

Never put salt in your eyes
Never put salt in your eyes
nevnenepvunetvnsaevltnsalt
always put salt in your eyes

#36 6 years ago

I did. One of my "every screw" projects.

DSC01735 (resized).jpgDSC01735 (resized).jpg
DSC01743 (resized).jpgDSC01743 (resized).jpg
DSC01728 (resized).jpgDSC01728 (resized).jpg
DSC01760 (resized).jpgDSC01760 (resized).jpg
DSC01752 (resized).jpgDSC01752 (resized).jpg
DSC01747 (resized).jpgDSC01747 (resized).jpg
DSC03343 (resized).JPGDSC03343 (resized).JPG
DSC03356 (resized).JPGDSC03356 (resized).JPG
DSC03345 (resized).JPGDSC03345 (resized).JPG

DSC01758 (resized).jpgDSC01758 (resized).jpg

#37 6 years ago

I have 2 linked need for speed carbons, can be switched over to NASCAR. They have 32" LCD monitors

IMG_8477 (resized).JPGIMG_8477 (resized).JPG

IMG_8892 (resized).JPGIMG_8892 (resized).JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anbody-have-a-sit-down-car-racing-arcade-game-at-home?hl=duvall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.