• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AP_MUDSLIDES_140804_DG_16x9_992 (resized).jpg
0B0B001B-9114-41A9-A95E-427BC743A267 (resized).jpeg
1979_ford_f-250-pic-18167-640x480 (resized).jpg
14452340088_8fc2c4f778_b (resized).jpg
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

That is how we are taught in driver's training class in high school. The lane is called an "Acceleration Lane".

My daughter's driving lesson was to stay in the right lane of the I-5 from San Clemente to Fullerton on a Friday after 3:00 PM. I told her she would see every idiot and idiotic maneuver that she would probably ever come across. And it didn't disappoint.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The one thing that “grinds my gears” about freeways (America wide...) is the way that when you enter a freeway, all the cars on the on-ramp behind you MASH THE PEDAL TO THE GROUND, tear into the first lane and rip along side you, cutting you off from entering the freeway!
rd

Wait? So that was you the other day driving 30mph merging onto the freeway where I had to slam on my brakes going from 70 to 30mph in order not to hit you?
Damn foreign drivers!

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

That is how we are taught in driver's training class in high school. The lane is called an "Acceleration Lane".

Yeah ...

Then you follow a procedure we call “merge like a zip” into the flow of traffic.

They must skip that part at the DMV here, and replace it with “speed up as fast as fuck and assert your authorit-a on all the other drivers!! You are superior in every way, and your penis has a mighty girth!!”

Actually, the ladies are maybe the worst at it ...

rd

#54 6 years ago

In the acceleration lane they told us you are supposed to be at or near the speed of traffic when you merge. They didn't give us a plus or minus range though.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In the acceleration lane they told us you are supposed to be at or near the speed of traffic when you merge. They didn't give us a plus or minus range though.

Yeah ... then you “merge like a zip”

Not speed up faster than the “fast lane” like a f**ktard and cut everyone off. Haha

rd

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Not speed up faster than the “fast lane” like a f**ktard and cut everyone off. Haha

If that lady is in such a hurry, then why does she take the freeway?

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If that lady is in such a hurry, then why does she take the freeway?

Why doesn’t she get off her phone, or use her turn signals, that’s what I want to know ...

rd

#58 6 years ago

To be fair Dave, at least in So Cal we don't have flocks of real sheep blocking the road.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

To be fair Dave, at least in So Cal we don't have flocks of real sheep blocking the road.

That’s true.

This is on Google Maps in New Zealand. A common occurrence out in the country.

rd

0B0B001B-9114-41A9-A95E-427BC743A267 (resized).jpeg0B0B001B-9114-41A9-A95E-427BC743A267 (resized).jpeg

#60 6 years ago

That's my daaaaaaaad!

1 week later
#61 6 years ago

Well the fires are now out and we finally got some much needed rain.

AP_MUDSLIDES_140804_DG_16x9_992 (resized).jpgAP_MUDSLIDES_140804_DG_16x9_992 (resized).jpg

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anaheim-hills-fire/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.