(Topic ID: 81060)

An urgent challenge to ALL pinball part suppliers!!!

By PinballInc

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PinballInc
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballInc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

A dear friend and famous pinball designer and artist Python Anghelo has been battling cancer
    for the past three years. The Chemotherapy and Radiation have made it difficult for him to do any creative projects over the past couple years, so as you can imagine it has impacted his financial situation severely.

A good friend of Pinball Inc., Paul Kiefert has started a fund raiser for Python Anghelo to help with his expenses. Here is the link:

http://www.gofundme.com/HelpPython

HERE'S THE CHALLENGE:

Pinball Inc has made a donation of $1250. We challenge all pinball part suppliers and pinball part manufacturers to match our donation. We will also up our donation to match any donation over $1250 (up to $5000) made by any company or individual.

We should NEVER forget, all of us have benefited from the creative efforts of Pythons, all the other pinball designers (like Barry Oursler), the artists and other team members by selling (and making) replacement parts for their machines.

Pinball Inc. currently have a proud list of Python games on our product list: Cyclone (ironically the latest release), Taxi, Comet, Fishtales, High Speed, Police Force and Bride of Pinbot. Without Python and the rest of the team members we wouldn't have those parts.

IT'S TIME FOR US TO PAY BACK!!!

Even if you can't match our donation, we know for many times are a bit tough, if you're able to help out no matter what the amount it would be great and much appreciated by us and Python!! Right now Python has no personal family members able to assist him so it's up to us, his pinball family, to step in!

Thanks,

James Loflin
    Pinball Inc.
    (for those who do that facebook thing) https://www.facebook.com/PinballInc?ref=tn_tnmn

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from kyle5574:

Donations aren't limited to pinball suppliers! The donation link that James posted is open to everyone...
    http://www.gofundme.com/HelpPython

Yes, thanks Kyle you are correct!! I was remiss in forgetting to mention it. Paul started a thread as well:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/designer-python-anghelo-needs-our-help

Of course the donations are not limited to the pinball community, many of us are posting to our facebook accounts and other social networking accounts to get our other friends involved.

Thanks everyone, we're off to a great start!!

#8 10 years ago

So far it appears only Little Shop of Games has stepped up (others may have but they're the only ones I've noticed). I know a lot of the businesses don't get on the forums often (I'm one of them) so I've reached out to many by email. If anyone has communications with any part suppliers or manufacturers please let them know about Python.

Come on part manufacturers and suppliers, we've benefited from these designers and artist it's time to give some back when they need our help!! Marco Specialties, Pinball LIfe, Classic-Arcade, The Pinball Resource, Action Pinball and all the other great suppliers here and overseas let's get this done!

Thanks!!

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

There's a difference between a "Parts Supplier" and a "Parts Manufacturer".
    Parts Suppliers are usually retail distributors while parts manufacturers are the people actually manufacturing the parts. Most of us parts manufacturers have daytime jobs because we ain't getting rich selling pinball parts (at least those of us who aren't raping the consumers with exorbitant prices).

Don't know anyone getting rich off pinball except for a very few. It's all about giving at this time. Our challenge is for those who can match, anyone else can make a difference with $5 or help get the word out. Even if someone can't put up money, if they put a link on their website, facebook or any other means to get the word out then they may alert someone who does donate that would not have known about it any other way. I've added the link to my signature on my emails. I've posted a link on my personal facebook and company facebook. As soon as my web guy gets a chance we'll post it on our website. Spread the word anyway you can, it all helps.

#11 10 years ago

Mr. Pinball Australia has joined the list along with Little Shop of Games by donating! Thanks Wayne and David!!

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I will take James up on his challenge to match up to $5k US. If people are interested in buying my new replacement backglass, I will donate 100% of the sales. 1 @ $250 US, 2 @ $225 US, or 3 @ $200 shipping included. This offer is only for USA/Canada until March 10, & or ends when $5k US is reached.
    Please contact me first to verify I can fill your order! Let me know it's for this challenge in support of Python.
    paypal: [email protected] include your phone number for UPS delivery & what titles you are buying.
    Stern: Seawitch, Star Gazer, Nine Ball, & Catacomb
    Williams: Lucky Strike, & Bowl A Strike
    Gottlieb: Aloha, Gaucho, Happy Go Lucky, Eye Of The Tiger, & Sweet Sioux
    Bally: Silverball Mania glass I bought from CPR
    John Greatwich
    http://www.greatpinball.com

Sweet!!!

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Setting up a tournament here in Connecticut on March 16 as a fundraiser for Python. Hope we have a good turnout and can raise some good money to help him. I will post a thread with all the info once everything is set up.
    -Jim

That is awesome!!

#16 10 years ago

Ministry of Pinball (The Netherlands) and Best of Pinball (Germany) have joined the list. Thanks Bertjan (MOP) and Karsten Beck (BoP). Pinball Inc is proud to have you both as distributors!!

That makes the count USA 2, International 3.

If I've missed any company or company owners please let me know.

#18 10 years ago

It was suggest to me today that we include the businesses of pinball re-sellers and manufacuters in the challenge. So they are now included and Pinball Inc will raise it's donation to match if any of these donates up to $5000.

Thanks everyone for helping out so far. We still have a ways to go but Python was very emotional when he saw all the donations and get well wishes.

Sorry if we're starting to sound like the Jerry Lewis telethon but this really means a lot to many many people as can be witnessed by the long list of donors.

Cheers,
    James

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballInc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-urgent-challenge-to-all-pinball-part-suppliers?tu=PinballInc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.