New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 105316)

An open offer to PPS. ;)

By Frax

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

my_favorite_tapiture_photos_of_the_week_50_photos8_1406556198.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Send me a sample part of new stuff you're going to sell, and I'll make sure you end up with good product photos that aren't a joke like all the ones for the new flipper bats and drop targets. It looks like some dink took these pictures while they hunched over the item with an overhead light and a Iphone 3g... completely useless to accurately assess the color of those items prior to purchase. The new shooter rods too.

Looks like someone was in a rush to get those up on the site, no reason for pics that bad to even make it on the site.

#2 6 years ago

They can send me their PFs and I'll use an Iphone 6+++ to take the pics so they will be really awesome. I'll have to keep the PF forever though, just in case. Oh, and the pics I send them are only licensed and I may randomly revoke them or raise my rates of usage per week

#3 6 years ago

Did you already try contacting PPS directly about the issue with the photo(s) in question?

This passive-aggressive approach probably isn't the best way to go about bringing attention to this, considering that folks are trying to establish a good relationship between PPS and the pinball community.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

folks are trying to establish a good relationship between PPS and the pinball community

Try harder then.

#5 6 years ago

Send me an MMr while you're at it. I'll make sure it plays well and is represented by the pics accurately.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Try harder then.

Ok, here you go: Threads like this "call out" doesn't make PPS look bad--it makes us look bad. When someone on pinside berates PPS unnecessarily, why in the world would someone at PPS go out of their way to help us out?

If it were me, I would have simply sent a message to PPS using their customer service form, the available email address, or a PM to Rick here on the forums and said something to the effect of--"I noticed that the photos of item x weren't well lit and were hard to see. Would you be able to re-take the photos?"

The person taking/posting the photos might not have realized there was an issue.

To me, this would be the better approach than this passive-aggressive nonsense.

#7 6 years ago

What is it with people and this mentality? Pps is not "doing us a favor". They are making good money off us and is why they tolerate all the criticism. I appreciate them making pinball parts, but give me a break. If they stopped making them tomorrow I'd still be ok. But, Pps would be putting less food on the table.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from DexterH:

What is it with people and this mentality? Pps is not "doing us a favor". They are making good money off us and is why they tolerate all the criticism. I appreciate them making pinball parts, but give me a break. If they stopped making them tomorrow I'd still be ok. But, Pps would be putting less food on the table.

There's nothing wrong with criticism. There's a constructive way to do it. The OP's example was just an unnecessary rant that could have otherwise been more easily and calmly addressed without all the fuss.

#9 6 years ago

I'm not really sure this qualifies as a rant, but okay. No, I'm not going to be arsed to send them an email telling them to correct something that should be obvious to anyone with eyes that those pictures are laughable. I'm pretty sure that Rick and whoever the other guy is (Sorry man... I can't remember everyone's name when people post as the company...) have enough of a spine to see that this was a joking jab. They've never posted bad item shots like that before, as far as I'm aware of. I would guess they're either just temps, or someone trying to do things in a hurry that should've taken a few minutes more time, grabbed a desk lamp, and turned it on LOL.

I don't personally particularly care if he does or does not replace them... but if he wants to send me free product, I'll be happy to put my DSLR to work.

#10 6 years ago

I am sure that PPS will change their ways now that you have brought it to their attention

Businesses always trawl the interwebs for ways to improve

#11 6 years ago

I personally find your jab humorous and present this to you...my_favorite_tapiture_photos_of_the_week_50_photos8_1406556198.jpg

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

considering that folks are trying to establish a good relationship between PPS and the pinball community.

Opinions on this thread aside, what does this even mean??? Well aware of the perceived "huge" blowup re: licensing, which I frankly think is massively overblown.

PPS has products for pinball machines. The community owns pinball machines and needs products for them. They have a choice to purchase said products. There's no relationship to cultivate - they're a business and we're potential customers.

#13 6 years ago

i don't even reply anymore to disrespect. We are all people and we try to do our best is just as struggle as to why we continue at all ...

#14 6 years ago

I cant thank PPS enough !
    They are finally selling I500 decals...cats have been crying and whining for years for these, myself included.
    HERES TO YOU PPS, CHEERS !!!

Its a great day for racing, and its a great day for pinball !

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Robotoes:

Opinions on this thread aside, what does this even mean??? Well aware of the perceived "huge" blowup re: licensing, which I frankly think is massively overblown.
    PPS has products for pinball machines. The community owns pinball machines and needs products for them. They have a choice to purchase said products. There's no relationship to cultivate - they're a business and we're potential customers.

That wasn't the only thread where things got a little unruly. Granted, yes, the licensing situation between PPS and PR was quite discouraging.

Yes, considering that PPS makes parts and we own machines that need those parts, I don't see why there can't be some civility between the community and PPS. There's no reason for folks to be antagonistic, fly off the handle at the drop of a hat, grab pitchforks, and chase PPS around the forum like a group of kids trying to kick the stuffing out of a soccer ball. Instead, some calm discussion can go a long way. The whole honey/vinegar thing.

If PPS makes a move that doesn't benefit the community, then yes, by all means--offer up your honest criticism.

This hobby is supposed to be fun, not filled with drama. Parts manufacturers tend to make stuff because of love for the hobby (and yes, there's nothing wrong with making some money from their efforts). However, PPS isn't a pinata where the more times you batter it with a stick, the more candy you get out of it. More likely, they'll just take their toys and go home if they find it isn't worth the headache.

All in all, I appreciate the efforts of PPS to bring stuff to the light of day. There are probably going to be some bumps in the road as things start to come together and ramp up, but I'm hopeful that in a few months time, we might be seeing some interesting things happen. I'd really like to see this hobby flourish, and that might very well happen with a good group of folks at the helm.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I cant thank PPS enough !
    They are finally selling I500 decals...cats have been crying and whining for years for these, myself included.
    HERES TO YOU PPS, CHEERS !!!

Its a great day for racing, and its a great day for pinball !

Agreed! If I didn't have to sell my I500 I'd have been all over these decals.

PPS keep up the good work and ignore the negative sentiments.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

This hobby is supposed to be fun, not filled with drama. Parts manufacturers tend to make stuff because of love for the hobby (and yes, there's nothing wrong with making some money from their efforts). However, PPS isn't a pinata where the more times you batter it with a stick, the more candy you get out of it. More likely, they'll just take their toys and go home if they find it isn't worth the headache.

Agreed.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

i don't even reply anymore to disrespect. We are all people and we try to do our best is just as struggle as to why we continue at all ...

I guess you didn't find this thread all that disrespectful then.

Case closed.

Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I am sure that PPS will change their ways now that you have brought it to their attention
    Businesses always trawl the interwebs for ways to improve

You know aside from his occasionally snarky useless responses (that may I remind you we also get from other vendors time to time..), he has taken a LOT of feedback through the forum. Not everything has to be a MMR royal sh--storm to be addressed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    £ 70.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 33.50
    € 18.95
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 209.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Haus
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    bB Customs
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 218.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Other
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 24.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 59.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 29.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside