Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 209 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

red_alert_2_02_1600x1200.jpg
    Red Alert.jpg
    rex.jpg
    American+Made+Music+To+Strip+By+americ.jpg
    Dragula.gif
    image.jpg
    Rob_Zombie.jpg
    imagesCANDF2YU.jpg
    Mayhem_Fest_Willie_with_Rob_Zombie.Jpg
    rz-war.jpg
    rz-spookshow.jpg
    There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 8 years ago

Aurich, no interest in a Marilyn Manson pitch next? I'd be extremely excited....not so much many other pinheads. Haha

Stern Marilyn Manson LE, Premium and Pro. Nope, can't see it happening right now.

#202 8 years ago

Unfortunately I don't have the power to start threads that magically make pins appear!

I'll admit though that I really don't know anything about Marilyn Manson, not exactly in my wheelhouse.

#203 8 years ago

Haha I was awaiting a response like that.

Ps the whole American "wheelhouse" thing is lost on me. Hear it a lot from the guys on Broken Token podcast.

#204 8 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

Haha I was awaiting a response like that.
    Ps the whole American "wheelhouse" thing is lost on me. Hear it a lot from the guys on Broken Token podcast.

Idioms are tricky! I ran into that with Robin, I said "table", which means to set aside for now, and he had no idea what I meant. His English is excellent, in writing and in person, but the cultural meanings of words is very tricky.

I'm guessing you grasped the meaning, but something not being in your wheelhouse means outside your area of expertise. And I have no freaking idea where that expression even comes from.

#205 8 years ago

Haha yes, just Googled it....whenever it was originally mentioned, I thought wheelhouse was an imagined dream room full of your most prized possessions. E.g. a log cabin, with a bar and rows of pinball machines.

#206 8 years ago

Mad Max

#207 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

but something not being in your wheelhouse means outside your area of expertise. And I have no freaking idea where that expression even comes from.

Nautical reference. The wheelhouse is where the boat pilot would sit. Usually a very experienced and trusted crew member. Not your greenhorn.

Could also be a baseball reference. The wheelhouse is the sweet spot for hitting the baseball but I think the former definition applies here.

5 months later
    #208 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Pulling for Chuck to knock this one out. I'm sure it won't match my pitch, Spooky has to find their own vision, but I'm still glad to see someone making the game.

Resurrecting this thread because of how well it seems to be matching your original pitch.

A unique art style, toys and modes that focus on encompassing more than just his music, having the game be narrated by him, etc etc.

#209 8 years ago

Talk about a pinball zombie from beyond the grave, this thread just won't die!

I dunno that it's really useful to look at it since there's a real game now, but it's pretty cool that it happened.

There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-open-letter-to-stern-this-should-be-your-next-license/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.