Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sing Along score reels (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

His All,

I'm just about finished going through a problem laden Sing Along. Ask a matter of fact, I thought I was done, but a scoring issue just arose. Sometimes when the one's reel gets to 9, the one's relay locks on and stayed energized. after I release the relay, either by manually pulling the armature or separating the 9's switch, the ten's reel will then rotate with every rotation of the ones reel. All of the switches appear to be opening and closing properly, including the EOS. If I turn power to the game off and back on then start another game, it will score properly, at least for a little while until the same issue arises again.

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks

#2 2 years ago

Have you eyed the 10s relay for issues?

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from southofi-10:

Have you eyed the 10s relay for issues?

I did, appears ok too. I also don't see any wires touching.

#4 2 years ago

Narrowing it down, I think. It seems that this only happens when the red #1 rollover has been closed. I'm guessing it's something on it's respective relay. Stay tuned......

#5 2 years ago

I don't know yet what starts the problem, but once the score reels start advancing together it may be through the reset circuit:
Sing Along score reels (resized).jpgSing Along score reels (resized).jpg
If those DS relay switches are closed the ones and tens score reels would advance together until one of them reaches zero.

/Mark

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

I don't know yet what starts the problem, but once the score reels start advancing together it may be through the reset circuit:

Thanks Mark. See my post above yours.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

It seems that this only happens when the red #1 rollover has been closed.

Some of the hole relays and the DS/Reset relay are all in the Sequence Bank. The DS switches are apparently activated by a bar across the Sequence Bank rather than by a dedicated coil. So if the problem comes up when another relay in that bank trips that makes the DS switches more suspicious.

#8 2 years ago

Yup, it was the 1R relay. It’s on the motor board reset bank, while the DS is mounted under the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hedgesville, WV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Birmingham, AL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-odd-gottlieb-decagon-scorirng-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.