Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pinbub
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1EF1293B-F0AA-4962-ADE7-DEE591658D7A (resized).jpeg
    20201209_203303 (resized).jpg
    20180723_195811 (resized).jpg
    20180722_095333 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 7.51.13 AM (resized).png
    70E2087C-7544-4EB0-983E-6F0FD2BD582E.gif
    7215C333-5BC1-4AF2-B497-C5AD5D3FECCF (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_tantrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 2 years ago

This reminds me of something that absolutely drives me crazy in retail stores. When I've taken the time to travel to the store and have either picked out my item and am ready to buy or have a question and the clerk answers the phone when I'm standing right in front of them, then they automatically lose my business. I'm a buyer at the location ready to pay, and who knows if/what potential is calling them. As the saying goes, a bird in hand is better than two in the bush.

Integrity goes both ways. You can't put the seller on the hook waiting or not knowing your full intentions/timeline and expect them to pass on someone who is willing to be at their house with cash in a matter of minutes/hours. You asking someone to send photos is not a verbal contract. I would suggest next time that maybe you be more deliberate in your approach if your intentions are indeed to buy the pin if certain qualifications are met.

BTW, I have both purchased and sold long distance. When selling, I gave the guy a deadline for yes or no since he seemed serious (24 hours), and required a modest deposit since he couldn't pick up the game for a couple of weeks. When buying, I did the opposite. I was up front with the seller, told them if/when they supplied answers to the few questions I had, then I would immediately let them know yes or no, and offered to pay a deposit when I confirmed I wanted the pin (the seller actually declined to take it). In both cases the transactions went flawlessly. In the case of when I was selling, I did have others make offers during the waiting period, but I let them know that I had a buyer and if for whatever reason he backed out I would alert those interested in the order they contacted me.

Also, cash transactions each time. However, I did have one buying experience where the seller preferred a personal check (full disclosure - he lived right across the street from me at the time, so he knew where to find me if anything went wrong).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_tantrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-industry-and-hobby-that-attracts-the-worst-?tu=mr_tantrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.