(Topic ID: 228416)

An Idea to Improve the IFPA NACS

By Whysnow

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6443111B-0D73-463A-82D0-D6031725779B (resized).jpeg
    boom (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Loser (resized).JPG
    WI (resized).jpg
    Kentucy (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider speederice.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

My guess is that #1 is less than 20

I think you are underestimating the number of players that play in multiple states in tight crowded areas, like the Northeast. I can only speak for the NJ/NY/DE area but I know there is quite a bit of overlap because you can get to tournaments in any state within a few hours. NJ and DE also hold events that in the fourth quarter that will have a large impact on the SCS standings, simply because there are not many regular events held throughout the year. It would be impossible for most of those players to declare with any certainty where they are going to play by Nov. 1.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I think you are over estimating it after actually looking at it.
    Using NY/NJ/DE, there is 1 person in the top 30 for all 3 states (Steve Bowden whom is qualified in 7 states currently)
    There are 9 people currently qualified in 2 of those states.

You had mentioned earlier that you thought less than 20 people would be affected, but those 3 states alone produced 10 people, and that is only 3 states out of 50. The point I was trying to make is that I think you will find this would affect more players than you think. I am sure you would find similar situations across the Northeast. I bet Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut probably share many players as well.

And @gravitar made a good point about venue selection. For a state like NY, venue selection could be the determining factor as to whether players will play in NY or another state. Last year, the venue was in Upstate NY, so many NYC-area players came down to NJ to play as it was closer to them. When it is held in NYC, I believe many Upstate NY players choose to play in another state. Venues may not be finalized by Nov. 1 so players may not have all the information that they need to make a selection.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider speederice.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-idea-to-improve-the-ifpa-nacs?tu=speederice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.